Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye (4071 Views)

Psquare On It Again - Stop Tagging Me - Peter Warns Paul / African China: Police Men Who Harassed & Threatened To Shoot Me Have Been Jailed / My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets (2) (3) (4)

How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by ObiOmaMu: 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Peter Okoye had an explosive interview two days ago, before his twin brother Paul Okoye's emotional plea today, and I hope you all are ready to be amazed by all the revealing, messy details he dished out.

Fighting back tears, Peter became the first of the Okoye brothers to approach a media outfit and reveal all that has been a private issue for years. He told Thenet.ng that Psquare fans must understand that this is the end of the band, as they know it.

‘The truth is’, he says, as his daughter Aliona comes in, seeking help to fix her toy, ‘the fans should be happy that we were able to drop the ‘Double Trouble’ album in 2014. What’s happening now should have happened then.

‘The issue was the fact that I was in Psquare and it felt like I was in fear. If I don’t do this, Psquare will break-up, if I don’t do that, Psquare will scatter.’

To be honest with you, I feel if our mum was still alive, we would have pushed her to her grave with this whole thing. It’s really sad that even with everything going on, I still stand with Paul’.

Four years ago, I told Jude that he needs to step down as our manager, because I didn’t want to disrespect him as a brother, but this is business, we have to structure it. And Jude said to me that there’s a way I’ll talk to him, and he’ll slap me. So I kept quiet’.

I hear lot of people think it’s all a stunt, and that’s what I really want to put an end to. It’s not a stunt at all. It has been going on for a while’.
‘When Jude didn’t come to my wedding, people started saying we broke up and then others said it’s a stunt, then when Paul posted those lyrics stuff on Instagram people thought it was a stunt too, but the truth is that, this is not and has never been a publicity stunt’.

‘I am telling you the truth, I am moving on because people are already getting tired of this Psquare brouhaha, now I have my manager Olatunde Michaels and I expect everybody to respect that. I am a family man, a musician, singer and dancer, if I don’t move on, Psquare will collapse and there’ll be nothing left’.

‘Already Paul has done two songs without me but no one is saying anything, he did a song with his artiste ‘Muno’ with his name as Rudeboy did they feature me? He did a song with Tiwa Savage, did they feature me?’

Last week Yemi Alade sent me her album track list to help her share on Instagram, guess what I saw, she had a song with Psquare that I didn’t even know about. Only Paul did it.

Because I announced a new management, people feel am the one going solo, but Paul has already gone solo, he’s moved on and didn’t need to announce any new management because he still works with Jude, so I had to announce mine and believe it or not, people are booking me for gigs already’.

‘And guess what, I’ll still perform Psquare songs, nobody can stop me, nobody can stop Paul too, we didn’t have a contract with Jude, so I have the right to perform Psquare songs especially the ones I took part in’.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/03/how-my-brothers-ganged-up-against-me.html

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by ObiOmaMu: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
ON HOW HE FIRED JUDE OKOYE & CALLED HIM OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA:

First of all, if I as an artiste tells you to step down, and you say Paul and I cannot do anything, then there’s no other way I can take you out than going public’.

‘On December 14, 2015 we sat down to have a meeting hoping to be able to set a proper structure in place, but Paul noticed that it wasn’t working the way he wanted, so he said he wants to tell us that he’s starting a new group.

I thought he meant he wanted to start a record label, and he was like no, he’s starting a new group that he belongs to. And Jude simply said, ‘anybody stop you’? He picked up his phones and walked out of the meeting. I felt it had already been discussed behind me’.
‘I later found out that Paul is already recruiting the group and Jude is their manager. At the moment I heard they are called ‘The MVPs’ I don’t know what it means yet’.

‘So how do you expect me to be managed by the same person we’ve been having issues with, who is now the manager of the other group. There’ll surely be conflict of interest’.
‘And it actually happened two weeks ago’.

‘Jude called me, after I had said he’s fired. He called me on a Thursday to say ‘Hope you know we are going to the embassy tomorrow for that show in Holland’. I know about the show, it was already booked before the issues started, so I told him, ‘Bro you are not my manager, talk to my manager’. He said, ‘Noted’. And the next day, they went to the embassy with the new group members, which means they had already set up their interview at the embassy because it’s not possible to get an appointment in less than 24 hours’.

‘So I traced the organisers, and told them that Jude does not represent us, he represents only Paul. I told them this is what it takes to get Peter and Paul, Peter alone or Paul alone’.
‘So I went on social media to protect our careers, because if I didn’t do it, Psquare will not release any materials anytime soon, they’ll be busy promoting their artistes’.

‘And I remember going to talk to Paul about it before I went on social media, I went to his house he was in his room with his friend, and I was like can he excuse us, I want to talk to you and Paul said, no, his friend should stay, anything I want to say should be said in front of him. So I said, no, you know we are brothers and he was like, ‘oh, na now you know say we be brothers’.

So I said, I came to talk to him about what’s been happening, but it was turning into an argument so I left and I travelled out. I was away for over a month, knowing that we didn’t have any show at that time. I went to Turkey, London to rest my mind, my friend Samuel Eto’o invited me to come’.

‘The day I fired Jude was at a concert. It was the day I came back, we had a show, so I went straight to the venue in Lagos and told Jude I want to talk to him, and he said I should say anything I want to say in front of everyone. I was like that was the same attitude Paul gave me before I travelled’.

‘So Jude was like if I like I should get out, and I was like guy don’t embarrass me. He said who are you, because you think you are Psquare? So I told him openly that if he cannot resolve me and Paul’s issue, he doesn’t deserve to be our manager, and he said I should get out. There and then I told him ‘You are fired’! He looked at me and said, ‘You fit fire me’?’.

‘That was when I entered my car and started Tweeting. How else can you take him out?’
‘Long before I made up my mind, Paul already said there’s no more Psquare, If Jude leaves he goes with him’.

‘And before I announced my management, I wanted my mind to be clear, so I went back to Paul, this time we were alone and we spoke a lot, I told him I had no issues with him, but he needs to stop letting Jude use him as a shield. Both of us started shedding tears, and when we finished he still said he hopes I’m not here to tell him that I still want Psquare and I told him I want to move on, because he already has a manager (Jude) and I don’t, so I had to structure myself too’.

‘And I didn’t want to allow the Psquare name to fade before moving on. Look at Don Jazzy and Dbanj, when they broke up, they waited for like 6 months and had to start again. Now, that Psquare just broke up, let me use the name to move on quickly, because there’s no time’.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by tyson99(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
Enough of all dis nonsense jare

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
dis kind news is nw bcomi boring
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by ojun50(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Na woman blood they do una like dis

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by nairagossip: 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
boring jor

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by dammytosh: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
Happy to see that Lola took care of their mum before her demise.

I have always known that Paul's pretence and silence would be exposed someday.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by goldbim(f): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
Na wa o!!so many angles to this their issue..they should settle it amicably as a family..really,if they continue like this,things might get spoilt because someone'll definitely feel the heat positively or other way.it's getting kinda boring....best of luck!!.
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by MoneypassGod(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
I really feel for peter. Its obvoius peter doesnt want to hav any problem wit paul, but paul couldnt care less bout peter.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by amtaken(f): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Where did you see that?

dammytosh:
Happy to see that Lola took care of their mum before her demise.

I have always known that Paul's pretence and silence would be exposed someday.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by dammytosh: 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
amtaken:
Where did you see that?

I am not the "headline and hit reply button" crew.

I read the interview.

If you read you will see it.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by Ibrowski(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm!....what more can I say 'LONG WALK TO FREEDOM'.Peter might be the extroverted one but He's better of than one who claims 2 b calm like a chameleon.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by AdviserGeneral: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
Peter is just being a fool. Full of pride. He should just humble himself. He should think of all he has achieved in life, and check if it was an individual effort. He better go back to his brothers and make things right. Pride goes before fall

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by chucs: 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
I'm a twin and I know the bond that exist between twins..Real shame on Jude for trying to put discord between his younger brothers instead of trying to broker peace..

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by princejayboss: 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
As a twin I am... I can say this... One of them must care more .... Peter has taken alot just for love..... Truth is simple... Who went solo first = Paul...... Peter should not underestimate his abilities.... We was too sincere to accept that don't write songs... I respect you for that

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by princejayboss: 11:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
chucs:
I'm a twin and I know the bond that exist between twins..Real shame to Jude for trying to put discord between his younger brothers instead of trying to broker peace..

Paul has a big issue than Jude does

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by fistonati(m): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
How does that bring dollar to equal naira, petrol to be available like rice in d market and stop lai Muhammed from telling another lie on Rivers election

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by malton: 12:11am On Mar 20, 2016
But maka why?!
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by amuokuko: 12:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Fork this guyz..
We re tired of ur boring family issues..
Pls we all ve family issues, don't disturb the next man with urs.

Pls break up oooo, u guyz re not the 1st ask Tuface pls..
Death of a career gives shine to another..
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by shollyboy2: 1:06am On Mar 20, 2016
I go comment later tomorrow when this hit FP.
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by QTEST007(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2016
If only peter fit sign me, he record label don stAnd be dat.
No laff, no be joke!
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by GetUmad: 1:38am On Mar 20, 2016
Na only Peter side we dey hear. Make Paul too cone talk em own nah.

Before you conclude, remember :
There're always at least two sides to a story.
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by stefanweeks: 2:04am On Mar 20, 2016
They should work something out

I don't wanna get involved
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by StarOnEarth(m): 2:32am On Mar 20, 2016
fistonati:
How does that bring dollar to equal naira, petrol to be available like rice in d market and stop lai Muhammed from telling another lie on Rivers election
Then why don't you go and read trends concerning does matters, you will see the headline of a trend, jump in it and starts spitting trash, I think you should only check trends that concern you. Dollar koh DULLARD ni

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by Gidoka(m): 2:44am On Mar 20, 2016
princejayboss:

Paul has a big issue than Jude does

Exactly... he needs to man up, he is betraying peter.. while jude has failed to play the part of an elder brother
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by brainpower(m): 2:46am On Mar 20, 2016
These men no dey tire. When Nigerians are crying of hard conditions in this country they are busy disturbing us with their personal issues.
In as much as they have made some good melodies together, if they want to separate they should do so. Atleast it will reduce or stop them from stealing people's beats and lyrics.
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by okuneddie(m): 2:49am On Mar 20, 2016
and some people get these guys as their role model o.....iranu....I wonder what they teach their kids at home.....agba ton soro bi ewe

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by badex11: 3:01am On Mar 20, 2016
It is well with them
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by Baba419(m): 4:20am On Mar 20, 2016
I just want to watch the MVP's top the charts
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by Flexherbal(m): 4:54am On Mar 20, 2016
Theses guys should works things out. They are better as one.
Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by omoelesa(m): 6:13am On Mar 20, 2016
AdviserGeneral:
Peter is just being a fool. Full of pride. He should just humble himself. He should think of all he has achieved in life, and check if it was an individual effort. He better go back to his brothers and make things right. Pride goes before fall
Mumuman,did u read the interview at all.

Re: How My Brothers Ganged Up Against Me & Jude Threatened To Slap Me - Peter Okoye by paparazzi1987(m): 6:35am On Mar 20, 2016
Bold step Mr. P and God bless you

Chris Attoh And Damilola Adegbite's Marriage: Is All Well? / Phyno"never Forget Where I Come From Na From Ghetto"as He Visit His Village(pic, / Wow!! Popular Actress Chika Ike Sets Instagram On Fire (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71