Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion (26379 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by idee91: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Toniwirelex:
only a fool will write jamb 8times applying for a professional course only to be turned down on each trial and still continue to apply for thesame course.....
Electrical Engineering no come but Statistics come...

If at d end of d day i don't end up as a primary skul teacher Op u can call police
My guy, calm down. Statistics is a quite marketable course as compared to the ones op listed. I work with statisticians in a research institute, where I'm serving currently. Make God just bless our paali ni
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
HighIQ:
In this hot weather? It is easier said than done. So why are most agriculture graduates not engaging in Farming? It is expensive to set up.As I have said lands are now expensive to purchase and the issues of theft, fulani herds men and so many other factors such as maintenance, goods perishing, low fertile soil can cause any weak graduate to crumble in without delay.
https://www.nairaland.com/2634461/10-professions-nigeria-still-practice

Thats not completely Tru bro...
Just that most of d students studying agricultural / food related courses don't av interest in d course.... How many Jambites filled agric as course of interest in jamb... So by d time u went for a post Utme and u choose engineering and d institution where u apply give u agric... U wont av not choice than to settle for it... Since after u are a university student... # naija mentality#

Finishing as an agric student wit no interest or proper orientation...

And almost every Nigerian graduate want to work in office with desktop in his or her desk.. Chilling under AC ko?

I av a lot of friend that are into agriculture hu are not even agric student.... Go to d North... U can get cheap land for hire to plant for as low as #10000

For example in minna Niger state.. This is d ryt time to plant yam... And with agric produce u can make a lot of money in planting than reselling

But pple don want to work... Nobody Wan to go to d Bush... Nobody want to go to farm... U feel it's "a local thing" and that's y poverty is increasing in Nigeria everyday....
See as land plenty.... Pple won't thing of planting but eating packaged food from foreign countries and dem go dey shout "bad govt"

# just thinking out loud ni oo#

4 Likes

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by mostwantedguy: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
HighIQ:
An elite was once asked what could be the causes of the high level of unemployment in the country. He replied " the courses studied by most students in the higher institution" The point is there are some professions in Nigeria that does not exist at all. Meaning going to study such course is a high tremedous waste of time. How can a student say I have passion for animals, plants, soil. I love to play with flowers. I love farming etc. Shockingly, most students that studied such courses to fill the vacuum of their passions may end up with unrelated professions like teaching etc. The following courses does not exist in Nigeria.

1) Microbiology/ Biochemistry-- Those that studied medical laboratory science has sent these people packing from our hospital labs.

2) Zoology/botany- I heard of a zoologist who now works in Mr biggs

3) Anatomy/physiology- There is no available slot for a bsc holder of these courses in our hospitals except in the motuary. They have to further to be a lecturer. Infact, medical doctors are equally competing with them to be lecturers in those courses

4) Soil science/ Animal science/ All Agriculture courses---A five-year course that.may end u been disapppointed.

5) Physics/ Mathematics/ chemistry- (in an upper musical tone voice) ....be ready to be a teacher. ¶¶

6) Psychology/ philosophy/ Demography/ sociology-- I am just dumbfounded. hmmm Courses where you are been taught "how to kick your ass"
7) The list goes on and on.

Note- I am not saying those that studied the above course won't be succesful in life. But my point is they may eventually end up in a profession not relating or fully engaged to the course they had studied in university such as teaching, banking , Immigration Job, Police officer etc which are even thug of war to get.

[color=#006600][/color] OP am sorry to say this your IQ is as dead as a tiger battery. Is people like you that end up misinforming the younger generation. How can you sit down and write this poo? Better have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by haykinzz(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
this op should have done a lot of research b4 posting craps here... in a standard hospital, they employ physiologist to assist the doctors. go to any standard hospital and ask of physiotherapy section, you will meet a lot of physiologist working there. I have a brother that studied physiology, he is now working @ unilorin teaching hospital, earning 90k+ with just a btech certificate. am proud of my course of study (physiology).

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by oluhyohmih(m): 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
coollabman:

ogbeni! angry microbiology/biochemistry goes beyond the medical laboratory! these courses are very broad and have wide range of application in both environmental, food/beverage and pharmaceutical industries. no be only medical dey! you hear! angry

you are very correct my guy don't mind the jobless op
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by INTERMAN: 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
haykinzz:
this op should have done a lot of research b4 posting craps here... in a standard hospital, they employ physiologist to assist the doctors. go to any standard hospital and ask of physiotherapy section, you will meet a lot of physiologist working there. I have a brother that studied physiology, he is now working @ unilorin teaching hospital, earning 90k+ with just a btech certificate. am proud of my course of study (physiology).
physiologist is different from Physiotherapist o. Don't mix the two. Physiotherapy is a 5 yr course while physiology is a four yr course.

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Taleeysun(f): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Op why are you talking illiterate. Well i can give u 10 places a Microbiologist can work
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by FNG3: 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
What about mechatronics engineering? i gained admission to study the course last year. and people were telling me that i won't be able to get a job with it here in nigeria, as there arent many companies that deal with robotics in the country. and that companies would prefer to employ a mechanical or electrical engineer because they have a strong background in their fields, unlike a mechatronic engineer who studies bits of mech and elect. is this true? please i need advice from experts in this thread.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by emenas(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
NiRfreak:
100 million to buy a farm land?? Do you intend to farm in lekki?? guy, farm land are cheaper than you think....get information and stop spreading what you don't know
dont mind him jawe. A friend of mine started his poultry farm in his backyard..nw he owns a poultry farm at agric estate here in lagos.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Ahmed3rdjuly: 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
A nation that want to develop economically and technologically having more students studying humanities that economics, management, science and technology based courses.
More mass comm students than Engr students
More Secretariat study students students than Technologist
More Sociology/Psychology students than medical students

No wonder our country is full of jobless and unemployable youths.

South Korea has a labor master plan that chuns out 70% of its students as engineers and technologist

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Jobabori(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
calculator123:
op,you need to strike out maths and physics from ur list.both are versatile courses especially if u know ur oniom.my friend studied applied physics and got msc biomedical physics 2day him don blow.so studying them doesn't mean u will end up a teacher u need to reprogram ur brain.
What is bad in ending up as a teacher? I read education and become a teacher - trainer. I have no iota of regret for being a teacher. To God be the glory, my friends in the so called professional fields are not materially far better than me. Godliness with contentment is a great gain.

3 Likes

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by bidemi1190: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Inexposure dey worry this op.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by delightangel(f): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
jairusben:
I concur,,am a med lab student,,instead of anatomy and physiology lecturers taken us on gross anatomy and physiology 2, they employed med doctors to take the courses!! No hope for them as for the microbiology and medical biochemistry nothing for them..my cousin did finish med biochemistry and till today nothing,,she as aplied for diffrent hospitals all to no avail,,dey kip sayin its med lb science or notin

Am a human physiologist and I don't regret it a bit.I work with an NGO. problem of unemployment affects every course.My girl friend is working in a private lab as a med.lab scientists at Owerri and she is being paid#10000 monthly. My department disengaged all medical doctors when they started physiology major.And Employed physiologist ,the only two doctors they retain were compelled to do their MSC in physiology.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by delightangel(f): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
INTERMAN:
physiologist is different from Physiotherapist o. Don't mix the two. Physiotherapy is a 5 yr course while physiology is a four yr course.

He is not missing up any thing.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ahmed3rdjuly:
A nation that want to develop economically and technologically having more students studying humanities that economics, management, science and technology based courses.
More mass comm students than Engr students
More Secretariat study students students than Technologist
More Sociology/Psychology students than medical students

No wonder our country is full of jobless and unemployable youths.

South Korea has a labor master plan that chuns out 70% of its students as engineers and technologist
actually. Psychology ain't a humanity course
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by adexgii(m): 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
acenazt:
make him come north. Him go see enough land wey no pass 100k

6plots for osun at a rate of 30k, Abeg op do ur research well
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by topsy70: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
saying that agricultural science courses are not relevant in nigeria, is a misnomer.agriculture is a professional course.Many agricultural science graduates work in the agric department in commercial banks, CBN, agric research institutes , insurance companies, oil companies, state and federal ministries of agriculture, food and serialized industries, international agencies eg FAO, and could establish their own farms

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by INTERMAN: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
delightangel:

He is not missing up any thing.
so what is a physiologist doing in physiotherapy centre. I hope that person no be among those ghost worker. buhari is looking for. An anatomist still fits in better but a physiologist hmm
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by djraymy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
fatymore:
do you know of this course...Office Technology and Management
is a very good course o
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by femipeters015(m): 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
you forgot to mention social work
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by jidesam168(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Am an anatomist and am doing great by the special grace of God, certificate is different from destiny, so many of my class mate That we graduated together in the year 2009 are doing good let us all pray to God for grace that that is higher than grade.#singing in winners member voice# lord I thank u for the future I see. Shalom.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Kayswat(m): 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
The thing here is the op is delusional. Education is not all about book or what you study.
Going to a tertiary institution to study a particular course you have interest in do not really mean you want to go in line with the course. Education is about self development (I mean brain) we think separately and having a passion for a course means you can develop yourself learning what you desire which will awaken ones brain to work effectively
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by jeamah1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
@ op just want to appear at front page and he got that. With what you stated above it shows you lack knowledge of those courses... please next time do a better research before you inform others. So tell me courses you will study in nigeria and it's not OYO? We are waiting..
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Josephamstrong1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
When fingers starts typing faster dan d brain. for including Agricultural courses in ya list... U don't kw shit. ur moniker is juz an irony.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by toyinid78: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
HighIQ:
An elite was once asked what could be the causes of the high level of unemployment in the country. He replied " the courses studied by most students in the higher institution" The point is there are some professions in Nigeria that does not exist at all. Meaning going to study such course is a high tremedous waste of time. How can a student say I have passion for animals, plants, soil. I love to play with flowers. I love farming etc. Shockingly, most students that studied such courses to fill the vacuum of their passions may end up with unrelated professions like teaching etc. The following courses does not exist in Nigeria.

1) Microbiology/ Biochemistry-- Those that studied medical laboratory science has sent these people packing from our hospital labs.

2) Zoology/botany- I heard of a zoologist who now works in Mr biggs

3) Anatomy/physiology- There is no available slot for a bsc holder of these courses in our hospitals except in the motuary. They have to further to be a lecturer. Infact, medical doctors are equally competing with them to be lecturers in those courses

4) Soil science/ Animal science/ All Agriculture courses---A five-year course that.may end u been disapppointed.

5) Physics/ Mathematics/ chemistry- (in an upper musical tone voice) ....be ready to be a teacher. ¶¶

6) Psychology/ philosophy/ Demography/ sociology-- I am just dumbfounded. hmmm Courses where you are been taught "how to kick your ass"
7) The list goes on and on.

Note- I am not saying those that studied the above course won't be succesful in life. But my point is they may eventually end up in a profession not relating or fully engaged to the course they had studied in university such as teaching, banking , Immigration Job, Police officer etc which are even thug of war to get.

ur made a stupid post av bin a teacher for over 20yrs now n av also bin able to make an impact in ma filed of study fine arts,even if u study d right course in nigeria we're do u end up? Oil company? My friend if I study zoology I wud b rich dan a banker or agric its about knowing wat u study,all dos u mention can b rich if dey really want to use dat field d methods ar simple and am ready to teach dem how for free
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude, food science and technology, as well as animal science are lucrative courses. Pls be informed.

Na silly guy.
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Welcomme: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
OP abeg which is better btw EConomics and Public Admin

*modified pls House which is Better btw Economics and Public admin
Though I am a graduate of public admin but I would advice u to go for economics.

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
DaFlash:
OP na that agric u fvck up. You taught agric is all about plant farming and to get land before you can establish yourself, you forgot about poutry farming, fish farming, etc. Let me tell what you dont know agric scholars are the most easily set of people that can be their own boss in this current nigeria.
g

He isn't informed. By thr post, u shall kw 'em
U don't blame him... blame d mods and super mods dat pushed dz rubbish to FP.

1 Like

Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Hybrid01: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Does op even know what Biochemistry/Microbiology mean? Do you think these guys only work in hospitals? Do you know the processes involved in the production of the coke;beer;wine;yoghurt etc you drink? Do you know the processes involved in the production of the drugs you take? Do you know the processes involved in producing the Agro-chemicals you use? You use creams and soaps don't you? Op is sick
This is a country where even engineers teach Physics and Maths in secondary schools and earn trash. Where pharmacists teach chemistry? What the hell is even wrong with teaching?
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
rita25:
see how pple wey read yeye course just dey provoke grin

Is thr any yeye cuz in Nigeria?
U shud b ashamed trynaa xpose ya ignorance here.
#titbrain
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by despot77: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
/ Mathematics/ chemistry- (in an upper musical tone voice) ....be ready to be a teacher

So this LowIQ never knew there are career paths for chemists in Cement, bottling, pharmaceutical, oil and polymer industries etc etc?
Re: Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
skysailor:

Thats not completely Tru bro...
Just that most of d students studying agricultural / food related courses don't av interest in d course.... How many Jambites filled agric as course of interest in jamb... So by d time u went for a post Utme and u choose engineering and d institution where u apply give u agric... U wont av not choice than to settle for it... Since after u are a university student... # naija mentality#

Finishing as an agric student wit no interest or proper orientation...

And almost every Nigerian graduate want to work in office with desktop in his or her desk.. Chilling under AC ko?

I av a lot of friend that are into agriculture hu are not even agric student.... Go to d North... U can get cheap land for hire to plant for as low as #10000

For example in minna Niger state.. This is d ryt time to plant yam... And with agric produce u can make a lot of money in planting than reselling

But pple don want to work... Nobody Wan to go to d Bush... Nobody want to go to farm... U feel it's "a local thing" and that's y poverty is increasing in Nigeria everyday....
See as land plenty.... Pple won't thing of planting but eating packaged food from foreign countries and dem go dey shout "bad govt"

# just thinking out loud ni oo#

Jah blezz for dz piece.
Tuk my time to observe d rate of farmers dz planting season. Guess wat, our farmers r all dz old men and women. U hardly see youths engaged in planting...except labourers dat juz wnt to b get paid.
I was like... wat wl b d fate of dz nation in yrs to come.
A bag of rice and garri wl stl be sold at 50k.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School / Admission Into Nigerian Institute Of Health Technology Is Still On / 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.