Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards (26381 Views)

Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Umar Farouk Lawal Emerges NANS President / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by ijustdey: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
60-year-old Farouk Sanni has emerged as the best graduating student in the Department of Sociology, University of Ibadan.

Farouk Sanni, a retired banker, who said he felt accomplished with studying sociology in his quest to understand why people behave the way they behave, said he had read accounting at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife as an imposed course by an uncle.

Alhaji, as fondly called, the best graduating student, narrated his experience at the 75th convocation ceremony at the University of Ibadan.

According to him, he took up the challenge to stay healthy and pursue his quest to understand human behaviour after retiring from UBA and had to write JAMB to be admitted to study sociology.

Sanni, who bagged eight awards as a result of the feat, said he wrote JAMB with his child, who is now studying law at the University of Ibadan.

He said: “Studying in a class where you have those who are of the same age as your children can be very challenging, but I was magnanimous to accommodate what happened. Some called me Daddy, some called me Mr Sanni while some will even say “he may be a daddy but he is not my father”. I experienced a lot of things, but as an old person, I was able to remain focussed.

Speaking on the feat of Mr Sanni, Dr Oludayo Tade a lecturer in the department, said the best-graduating student had a chair which he tied to a tree where he read under a tree in the faculty of the social sciences.

He said: “This 60-year-old man, Mallam F. K. Sanni graduated with FIRST CLASS in Sociology, University of Ibadan as the best student in his set, and with that won 8 awards.”

He has two undergraduate children in UI at the moment. Until he graduated, he picked and dropped his two children at lecture halls, and most of the time, I met him reading under the tree on Saturday and Sunday.”

“On Ileya day, I saw him at the usual reading space under a faculty tree, where he had brought a chair tied to the tree to use whenever he came around to read. I asked him jokingly: Alhaji ni Ojo Ileya, he said Oga, I have bought everything they needed for them oooo. Staying with them will distract me, Sir.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/60-year-old-farouk-sanni-bags-first-class-in-sociology-from-ui-wins-eight-awards/

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by PlayMaker14: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations Sir, so happy you did not “Chicago” this certificate from Oluwole printing press.

Proud of you Alhaji Farouk.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Flame333: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Old age is a good time to do well because you've used the youth days to make all the mistakes..

Congratulations sir..

I'm actually thinking of moving from law to a field in medical science ASAP

42 Likes

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by superlanny(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hats off to you sir, its always worth it to attain knowledge no matter the age, there is no end to learning and its necessary to navigate this world. Congratulations.

19 Likes

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by jaxxy(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nice. Congrats
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by envoymedia: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by haybhi1(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Most likely an Omoluabi. We don't joke with knowledge in this side of the country. We can take many things but the stigma of being tagged illiterate? We deride that. 3 weeks back in Unilorin's convocation too, a 68 yo woman bagged Masters. Here, a pepper seller ensures her child schools. Agbero sends his child to school. Average baba Biliki has a child in Poly. Average Ba Debora without achievement in life counts his children in the university his biggest life gains. My street's guard has all three children in the ABU Zaria. See Saheed Osupa.

This actually have an impact in our lifestyle. The system here doesn't put the best foot forward, so evidences lie in successes of our people overseas. Also, we're relatively most peaceful and thriving region compared to others. We're easily accommodating and safe for people from elsewhere, aiding our diversity prospects.

Although, in recent years, from Buhari to Tinubu's era, we're starting to recede on the educational pecking order. We are now having many out-of-schools, and weak attractions towards education in the Yoruba land. This can drastically impact our socio-economic development going forward too. I wish the economy can turn around. I wish the drug abuse and fraud booming can swiftly hit the rocks and be replaced with better things of the future, like tech. I wish we could return to education massively and learn trade, similar to that of the Igbos—their major, impressive foothold—from them. I hope things change fast for us. Our growth interests me a lot.

Bobloco:

Is Tinubu an Ọmọlúàbí. Just asking for a friend
Yes. He was brilliant enough himself to graduate with honours from CSU.

seguno2:
Empty chest beating of failures. If we don’t joke with knowledge, then why are we not continuing with Awolowo and UPN governors free education
It is wrong to be defensive and insultive all the time after consuming what we don't expect. How is it a lie in that. Awolowo free education is not exactly sustainable in today's time, we no longer practice regional government. Also, free public education in south west is slightly better than what obtains as free public education in other regions, except that it comes at a risk of a stretch from people of other regions—e.g. during my JSS education at CJGS Egbeda, Lagos, students from every single other region populated the school.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by kerry57: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hmm, that is a good one from a rookie.
Respect sir.
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Lilchilz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Education is not a scam.!!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by sylve11: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations , sir. cool
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by enemyofprogress: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Waate of time and space
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Afamsi: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
E be like UI is doing give away this season. Next in the news: "Lamidi Apapa finally graduate from UI with second class upper in Agberology"

13 Likes

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Missyajoke(f): 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations sir
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by ATEAMS: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Oyyana
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by saintbillion(m): 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Congratulations Sir, so happy you did not “Chicago” this certificate from Oluwole printing press.

Yes oo

3 Likes

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by SIXTEENTH(m): 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
PlayMaker14:

Hmmmmm this table you're about shaking so! My hands no dey oooo
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Nobleou(m): 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
I suspect he's a drop out something ago...

1 Like

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by adesegun121(m): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ok
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by tyinfinity: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
Thank God Agulu dullard will emulate you to go back to university

6 Likes

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Tjra: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
tyinfinity:

Exactly 💯

His peer just made a First class at age 60 but the Agulu Gbajue made a useless 3rd class in his youth.

“This 60-year-old man, Mallam F. K. Sanni graduated with FIRST CLASS in Sociology, University of Ibadan as the best student in his set, and with that won 8 awards.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by NLPoliceWoman: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
RTR
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
Learning is a contributing process.......

Congratulations to PA Farouk Sanni 👏 👏 👏

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by kenbee(f): 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
tyinfinity:
Some people are so empty upstair that they hardly make a reasonable post.

Congrats to 60yrs old Farouk.

1 Like

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by oluwaseyi0: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nice one
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Patolla7: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
Jumia black Friday: Get Refurbished phone
https://kol.jumia.com/s/2PEAz04

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by thaoriginator: 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
An Gaisheka Dan Baba 💪🏾
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by mipeesoft(m): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
grin
PlayMaker14:

1 Like

Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Bobloco: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
haybhi1:
Most likely an Omoluabi. We don't joke with knowledge in this side of the country. We can take many things but the stigma of being tagged illiterate? We deride that. A pepper seller ensures her child schools. Agbero sends his child to school.

Although

Is Tinubu an Ọmọlúàbí

Just asking for a friend
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Flame333: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
saintbillion:

Yes oo

Your pix, lol...

Like our politicians are good at changing sex..

Do you remember that Bayelsa governor that escape form London after disguising as a lady..
Re: 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards by Hezzyluv: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations!

Impossibility is nothing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Change Of Name: Before Or After Graduation? / Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.