Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,250 members, 7,867,656 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

2busy's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2busy's Profile / 2busy's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 16 pages)

Properties / Re: A Plot Of Land For Sale At Ikorodu With C Of O SOLD SOLD SOLD by 2busy: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2011
still available
Properties / Re: A Plot Of Land For Sale At Ikorodu With C Of O SOLD SOLD SOLD by 2busy: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
still available
Properties / A Plot Of Land For Sale At Ikorodu With C Of O SOLD SOLD SOLD by 2busy: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2011
I have a plot of land for sale,
Details:
Ewu Elepe Residential scheme Ikorodu
Size: 1124.37 square metre
This land has C of O ,Survey Plan and Receipt of purchase

Asking price: N2.2m
Events / Nigeria: Nddc Plans N1.8 Trillion Calabar-lagos Coastal Road by 2busy: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/201009060978.html

Nigeria: NDDC plans N1.8 Trillion Calabar-Lagos coastal road

Abuja — THE proposed 650-kilometre East-West coastal road from Calabar to Lagos would cost about N1.8 trillion. The design for the project is 70 per cent completed.

Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr. Chibuzor Ugwoha who stated this in Lagos yesterday, also called on the federal government to pay its N500 billion debt to the commission.

In an interactive session with newsmen, he said the design of the project would be completed in December paving the way for the commission to engage all stakeholders who would finance the project.

He said: "The implication is that when that road is built, you can travel from Port Harcourt to Lagos under three hours. The design of the road has reached about 70 per cent completion and we believe before the end of this year the design will be over.

"By our own estimate, this project is going to cost us N1.8 trillion. We are going to have the longest bridge in the country on that road and that is why we are already talking with the federal government that the money being owed us needs to be released so that this project will see the light of the day.

"So we will be looking for other partners, we will be calling on the federal government, the Niger Delta Ministry, international donors and the oil companies to assist in building this road."

Mr. Ugwoha who explained that the road would be divided into segments to facilitate speedy completion, added that the road would turn around the economic fortune of the Niger Delta region as never seen before.

"We believe that we are going to have a new Niger Delta that will be devoid of the whole lot of things that are going on today. I want to see a Niger Delta where Lagosians will move on Friday evening to go and enjoy fresh fish in Port Harcourt, in Yenagoa, where investors will come from all over the world," he said.

The NDDC boss who also used the occasion to review his one year in office said 2000 graduates have been employed by the commission while 24 certified welders also trained by the organization would train 700 youths from the region on welding.

He said the commission under his leadership had emphasized more on building the human capital and creating appropriate skills which are needed to transform the region from its present under development.

The commission he said had also awarded 45 mega projects valued at N130 billion adding that adequate attention is being placed on the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects to ensure that the people get value for their money.

He said the challenge of difficult terrain in the region which has only three dry months out of 12 months in a year makes construction of roads, houses and bridges difficult and expensive than what is obtained in other parts of the country.

Ugwoha said the commission was involved in the post-amnesty programme of the federal government through employment of those he described as intellectual militants in the region.
Relevant Links

He said topography of the region is not developmental friendly and was responsible for the high cost of building infrastructure as land had to be reclaimed before any meaningful project that would be enduring executed

On the leadership crisis that rocked the commission, he said those involved have embraced peace.

"All of us were interested in getting results but there were several ways people felt result could be gotten and as it is normal when you put people together there is a stormy period but is all over.

"We came out stronger and better ready to deliver the mandate of Niger Delta and God helping us and with you cooperating with us and other stakeholders we will get there and that way, the vision the vision of the people that set up the commission will be met," he said.
Politics / Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by 2busy: 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
A Testimony By a Nigerian,Adeolu Akinyemi on Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before!

In 2011, GMB is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline like me, who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though we claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led.

We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man haven been in all the oil sectors in Nigeria, has no petrol station, much less a refinery or an oil rig like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know.

But now we know, We know that he has followership in the north that money can't buy. We know that those who follow him are poor, and follow him out of hope and belief in his values. I have met old men who know him, who have said, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank". Now we know that here is someone that has been in everything to make him a Dan-Something, but didn't take the road.
We feared he was an Islamic fundamentalist, but he challenged us to provide any human being who can point at anything he did to show the same. His Cook and Drivers, two roles that can be influenced to have your life are Christians. In his passion for discipline, he has pulled down mosques, punished emirs, and followed principles over the respect of people.
Then this year, to the utter shock of the world, he picks the most radically outspoken no nonsense Christian Preacher in Nigeria to be his vice
Now we know, that it's about the values, not religion and certainly not the fact that he becomes the first (correct me if I'm wrong) Nigerian president without multiple wives or an array of concubines.
Politics / A Testimony By A Nigerian,adeolu Akinyemi On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before! by 2busy: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
A Testimony By a Nigerian,Adeolu Akinyemi on Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before!

In 2011, GMB is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline like me, who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though we claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led.

We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man haven been in all the oil sectors in Nigeria, has no petrol station, much less a refinery or an oil rig like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know.

But now we know, We know that he has followership in the north that money can't buy. We know that those who follow him are poor, and follow him out of hope and belief in his values. I have met old men who know him, who have said, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank". Now we know that here is someone that has been in everything to make him a Dan-Something, but didn't take the road.
We feared he was an Islamic fundamentalist, but he challenged us to provide any human being who can point at anything he did to show the same. His Cook and Drivers, two roles that can be influenced to have your life are Christians. In his passion for discipline, he has pulled down mosques, punished emirs, and followed principles over the respect of people.
Then this year, to the utter shock of the world, he picks the most radically outspoken no nonsense Christian Preacher in Nigeria to be his vice
Now we know, that it's about the values, not religion and certainly not the fact that he becomes the first (correct me if I'm wrong) Nigerian president without multiple wives or an array of concubines.
Politics / Re: Fraudsters Hijack Us Visa Lottery by 2busy: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2011
Thanx for dis info
A friend of mine was about to fall into their hands. But when i have any doubting mind about an issue, i usually consult nairaland search to find out, i know something must have discussed about the issue.

see a mail sent by the fraudsters below
We wish to notify you that you have been selected as one of the Diversity Visa (DV) Program winner for receiving a United States
Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery has been administered on an annual basis
by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known
as "diversity immigrants" (DV immigrants).
As part of the agreement we will issue A FREE Airline ticket from your country to the USA to claim your Green Card under
the American Green Card Lottery Program. The ticket will be sent via post mail at your address registered with us once your visa
will be remitted by the U.S department of State.
The U.S Department of State will should contact you soon with visa processing information and how to proceed further.

If you have any question regarding the visa please contact the U.S Department of State directly as we do not have any competency to discuss further details with you.
What should you do now ?
Wait for the U.S Department of State to contact you and give you the information about visa processing and how to proceed further .

Best regards,
Costumer Service Team

The USAFIS Organization

You accepted to receive messages from USAFIS Organization on the following date: 2010-12-06T09:57:06.520

For reference, your computer IP: 41.75.203.50 was recorded to confirm your registration

To no longer receive messages from USAFIS Organization, please click the following link: Click Here

OR Send a postal request to: USAFIS Organization 2576 Broadway # 443 New York, NY 10025 U.S.A
Politics / Briefs From C.V.Akuta (Voters Guide) 2011 Voter's Guide by 2busy: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2011
2011 Voters Guide.

Please find below some criteria to guide our voting pattern.

(A)   Vote Personalities:

Since many political parties/politicians in Nigeria are not ideologically based, it makes sense to vote personalities. Quite a good number of them have migrated thru many parties, examples are; Muhammadu Buhari the presidential candidate of CPC moved from ANPP to CPC, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, moved from PDP to AC and back to PDP, ex Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzo Kalu moved from PDP to PPA, present Governor of Abia, Theodore Kalu moved from PPA to APGA, before moving back to PDP, Governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim moved from PPA to PDP, former Governor of Imo State, Achike Udenwa, moved from PDP to ACN. The list(s) is endless, and the migration tends to be continuous. Here I suggest we vote personalities.

Please vote persons/personalities that will be firm, principled and visionary. Part of the way(s) to know the quality of a person is to look at his friends, groups, colleagues, and party members. Tell me your friends/party members, and I will tell you who you are.

(B)   Vote Against god fathers/god mothers:

Experience is the best teacher. Our past experiences have shown us how evil god fathers/god mothers can be. “god fathers/god mothers” are the real enemies of the state. They are anti progress. Never again should Nigerians permit any candidate(s) with god fathers/god mothers to win election, be it councillorship, local government chairmanships, state governors etc.

(C)   Vote Candidates That Can Fight Corruption:

In Nigeria, corruption has grown into a monster. If you fight corruption, corruption fights you back. It needs a man/woman made of steel to fight corruption. Remember corruption remains one of our greatest problems. “The World Bank estimates the country’s generals and gangster politicians stole $300 billion in the three decades to 2006”(Time Magazine, May 3rd 2010 Edition, Page 42). There are no figures for 2006 to 2010. I leave you to estimate how much would have been looted. Corruption remains the greatest obstacle to our socio/economic development. Evidences are several abandoned government projects, high costs of government businesses etc. Therefore, vote candidates that can fight corruption.

(D)  Vote For Change:

Changes are overdue in Nigeria. Vote whomever that will challenge/change the status quo. Nigerians need to be reminded that the power to change our country lies in their hand(s). “god fathers, god mothers”, politicians or parties have little or nothing they can do. Power belongs to the Nigerian people. Lets draw example from, the Velvet revolution in Czechoslovakia in November-December 1989, the great Baltic Chain (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) demonstration of August 1989, the 1986 peoples revolution in Philippines led by Corazon Aquino, the Rose revolution in Georgia in November 2003, the Orange revolution in Ukraine in 2004, Tunisia, Egypt, etc. These were all changes occasioned by people’s power. Let us use our votes to effect changes. Above all, lets vote who will move Nigeria forward.

Way Forward:

The key is networking and passing around messages of change to one another. Here Internet, sms, mobile phones becomes a useful instrument. I need not remind all the enormous power of the Internet.

Presidential Election Poll (2):

With the announcements of Vice Presidential candidates, we ask whom/which combination will you vote in the presidential election? Kindly visit the enclosed web link and vote http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/515301 please note that the identity of each respondent will be anonymous. May God bless Nigeria.

Chinedu Vincent Akuta.

An activist and leader of “Support Option A4 Group” Leicester-UK

akutachinedu@yahoo.com

http://briefsfromakuta..com/
Celebrities / Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by 2busy: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
INNA LILAHI WA INA ILAEHI RAJJIUUN
TRULY TO ALLAH WE BELONG AND TRULY TO HIM WE SHALL RETURN

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Islam for Muslims / Thank God It's Friday by 2busy: 8:05am On Dec 10, 2010
Narrated by Aisha (Radhiallaho anha):

Whenever Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam)went to bed, he used to recite Surat-al-Ikhlas, Surat-al-Falaq and Surat-an-Nas and then blow on his palms and pass them over his face and those parts of his body that his hands could reach. And when he fell ill, he used to order me to do like that for him.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 644
Islam for Muslims / Happy New Year-1432ah by 2busy: 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1432AH

May Allah spare our life to witness many more.
It is encouraged to fast on the 9th and 10th of this month:

Wisdom of Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram

It is mustahabb [recommended] to fast both the ninth and the tenth, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted the tenth and intended to fast the ninth. [Al-Shaafa’i and his companions, Ahmad, Ishaaq and others]

If one were to ask, what is the wisdom behind fasting the ninth as well as the tenth?

The answer is:

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The scholars among our companions and others said that there are several reasons for recommending fasting on the ninth day (Tasoo’a’):

1 – The intention behind it is to be different from the Jews who limit their fasting to the tenth day. This was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas.

2 – The intention was to join the fast of ‘Ashoora’ to another day, just as it is not allowed to fast on a Friday on its own [but it is allowed if one fasts the day before or the day after as well].

3 – The idea is to be on the safe side and make sure one is fasting on the tenth, in case the moon sighting was not accurate and what people think is the ninth is actually the tenth.

The strongest of these reasons is in order to be different from the People of the Book. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade resembling the People of the Book in many ahaadeeth. For example, he said concerning ‘Ashoora’: “If I live until next year I will certainly fast the ninth.” Al-Fataawa al-Kubra, part 6.

Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, commenting on the hadeeth “If I live until next year I will certainly fast the ninth”:

His concern to fast the ninth may be understood as meaning that he would not limit himself to that, rather that he would add it to the tenth, either to be on the safe side, or to be different from the Jews and Christians, which is more likely to be correct; this is what may be understood from some of the reports narrated by Muslim.” [From Fath al-Baari, 4/245.]

Source: Islam Q&A
Jobs/Vacancies / Offshore Oil & Gas Maritime Marine & Drilling Company Recruitment 19 Positions by 2busy: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2010
Massive Offshore Oil and Gas, Maritime, Marine and Drilling Company Recruitment – (19 Positions)
Posted on : Dec 07 2010
Posted under Engineering Jobs in Nigeria, HND Jobs in Nigeria, OND Jobs in Nigeria, Oil and Gas jobs in Nigeria, Shipping Jobs in Nigeria, Technician Jobs in Nigeria
Share3

Massive Offshore Oil and Gas, Maritime and Drilling Company Recruitment – (19 Positions)

Apremiere offshore drilling company which serves oil and gas companies, requires suitably qualified persons for the following positions:

1. OFFSHORE INSTALLATION MANAGER (OIM)
BASIC FUNCTION
• Reports to the Rig Manager Performance.
• Manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance in a safe efficient and productive manner.
• Promote and ensure all Company Policies and Procedures are communicated and understood by personnel on the rig.
• Supervise the Senior Toolpusher/Toolpusher, Master/Barge Supervisor, and Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer.

PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS
• Engineering degree
• 10 Years experience in drilling and offshore operations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program.
• Plan operations with the Marine department as regards rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability.
• Develop and monitor a consolidated rig’s annual maintenance budget.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. oim@brassconsulting.net

3. BARGE MASTER

BASIC FUNCTION
• Reports to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM).
• Ensure all marine aspects of the rig’s operations are carried according to statutory and regulatory controls and guidelines.
• Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.

• Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent.
• Valid Marine Underway Licence.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions.
• Prepare and supervise rig move plans, and associated mobilization preparations.
• Ensure daily marine logs are accurate and complete.
• Assist in the effective management of the Preventive Maintenance System and ensure all records are properly maintained.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. bargemaster@brassconsulting.net

4. CHIEF MECHANIC
BASIC FUNCTION
• Maintain and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig.

• B.Sc /Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering.
• Minimum ten years’ relevant work experience in a drilling or allied industry or a manufacturing concern.

• Perform daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment.
• Organize and promote the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
• Carry out periodic maintenance according to the PMS guidelines and coordinate same with supervisors & other department heads.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. chiefmechanic@brassconsulting.net

5. MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment on board the rig.

• B.sc/Higher National Diploma(HND) in Engineering.
• Minimum five years’ hands on experience in drilling or allied industry.

• Coordinate and ensure all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment maintenance and repair is done in a safe and prudent manner.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer to ensure all third party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig.
• Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements, and facilitate safe and efficient operations.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. mechsupervisor@brassconsulting.net

6. MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise and control the maintenance and repair of mechanical I;, electrical, electronics, subsea and information technology equipment on the rig.

• Bsc/Higher National Diploma (HND ) in Engineering.
• Minimum five years’ relevant experience in drilling or and industry.

• Maintain control over the rig’s Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and assoeiatedco01puter database.
• Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to the PMS guidelines.
• Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.
• Liaise with the OIM to ensure all third party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on rig.
• Train personnel on the use of the PMS system to reduce error in the system.
APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. maintenancesupervisor@brassconsulting.net

7. CHIEF ELECTRICIAN
BASIC FUNCTION
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the rig.

PREREQUISITES/ QUALIFICATIONS
• B.Sc/ Higher National Diplorna (HND) in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 1 0 years relevant work experience.

• Ensure daily inspections and• maintenance of electrical equipment are carried out
• Operate maintain and repair power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and engine controls, SCRs, switchgears, transformers. .
• Maintain and repair general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, power and communication systems, lighting, etc.
• Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of drilling equipment.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. chiefelectrician@brassconsulting.net

8. CHIEF ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN
BASIC FUNCTION
• Install, repair and maintain electronic equipment onboard the rig.

• B.S/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering /Electronics.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant hands-on experience in drilling or allied industry.

• Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on electronic equipment.
• Participate in the effective management of the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS)
• Maintain and repair all electronic systems including Dynamic Positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment.
• Maintain and repair electronic systems in relation to Subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
• Carry out installation, calibration, and modification to electronic systems and components.
• Provide technical support or domestic and industrial electronics services to all areas of the rig.
• Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including third party equipment is suitably certified and meets regulatory requirements

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. chiefelectrotech@brassconsulting.net

9. ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise the maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the rig.

• B.Sc/ Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of five years’ relevant work experience.

• Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment are carried out.
• Enforce the permit-to -work and isolation system within the electrical department
• Supervise operation and service of power generation equipment i.e. generators and engine controls; SGRs, switchgears, transformers, power distribution, et cetera.
• Supervise maintenance and repair general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, power and communication systems, et cetera.
• Supervise maintenance and repair of electrical components of drilling equipment, i.e. DC drilling motors and auxiliaries, Top Drive System, mud pumps, et cetera.
• Supervise the maintenance and repair of electrical components of marine equipment, i.e. thruster motors and auxiliaries, ballast pumps, anchor windlasses, cranes, et cetera.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. electricalsupervisor@brassconsulting.net

10. CHIEF ENGINEER
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise and control the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronics, subsea, and information technology equipment on the rig.

• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering/Marine Operations.
• Valid unlimited Chief Engineer License (Class 1 Motor above 3000kW).
• Relevant work experience.

• Ensure all subordinates have the necessary skills and experience to fulfill their assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Maintain control over the rig’s Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and associated computer database.
• Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to the PMS guidelines.
• Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete.
• Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the “rig’s stability.
• Ensure that the permit- to- work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to in the maintenance department.
• Coordinate maintenance activities with the OIM and other department heads, -Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. chiefengineer@brassconsulting.net

11. CHIEF MATE
BASIC FUNCTION
• Assist the Master in exercising effective control over the rig’s marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of rig equipment, and protection of the environment.

• B.Sc/ Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering/Marine Operations.
• Valid Unlimited Chief Mate Certificate.
• Nautical Institute Dynamic Positioning Training courses; and -Nautical Institute DP Certificate.
• Relevant experience.

• Ensure Conformance to local/international laws relating to the vessel’s operation, and strictly comply with current pollution regulation.
• Oversee the maintenance of deck equipment, fire fighting and life-saving equipment, lifting equipment, and vessel’s exterior maintenance.
• Ensure materials and equipment loaded onboard are safely stowed, secured and labeled according to regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the vessel is seaworthy at all times and maintained/operated in accordance with guidelines in the Marine Operations Manual.
• Maintain the watertight integrity of the vessel, loading and storage of consumables, securing of supply vessels, safe operation of helicopters, et cetera.
• Assist the Master in ensuring the vessel’s navigational equipment is maintained, fully functional, and that testing and calibration is carried out in accordance with Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) regulations.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. chiefmate@brassconsulting.net

12 MASTER
BASIC FUNCTION
• Exercise overriding authority and discretion to take required action for safety of the crew, vessel and protection of the environment.
• Provide marine support to the industrial operation of the vessel.

• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering, or Marine Operations -Valid Unlimited Oceangoing Masters certificates.
• Nautical Institute Dynamic Positioning Training courses; and -Nautical Institute DP Certificate.
• Relevant experience.

• Assume the required regulatory responsibility to exercise effective control and efficient operation of the vessel with due regard for the safety of the crew; the vessel, its contents and the protection of the environment.
• Ensure the rig is seaworthy at all times and maintained/operated in accordance with guidelines in the Marine Operations Manual.
• Supervise the maintenance of deck equipment, fire fighting and life-saving equipment, lifting equipment, and rig’s exterior maintenance.
• Ensure conformance to local/international laws relating to the rig’s operation, and strictly comply with current pollution regulations.
• Administer rig’s continuous surveys and renewal of statutory certificates as required by Classification Society and statutory regulations.
• Ensure the rig’s navigational equipment is maintained, fully functional and that testing and calibration is carried out in accordance with Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) regulations.
• Maintain the rig’s logbook, maintenance reports and other documents as directed

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. master@brassconsulting.net

13 SENIOR DYNAMIC POSITIONING OPERATOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Operate the automated and fixed station keeping system of the rig.

• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) equivalent in Marine Engineering.
• Nautical Institute Dynamic Positioning Training courses.
• 3 years’ experience as a DPO.

• Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment.
• Operate and understand ballast control system, power management system.
• Assist as directed by Master with rig projects and maintenance
• Operate the vessel’s radios & radars as needed
• Perform emergency duties and responsibilities as stated on the Station Bill, Emergency Response Manual and DP Emergency Response Plan.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. seniordpo@brassconsulting.net

14 SENIOR TOOL PUSHER
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise the drilling operations and associated activities and ensure compliance with the well program.
• Ensure drilling operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Prerequisites/Qualifications
• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma/(HND) in Engineering/Geology/ related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in drilling operations.

Duties And Responsibilities Include
• Ensure theToolpusher, Driller are informed on ongoing basis of well program objectives and any changes in plans.
• Monitor maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment including repair, lubrication, maintenance records, and inventory levels.
• Supervise equipment preparation for impending drilling operations.
• Perform all well control calculations.
• Assist the OIM in coordinating the activities of third party personnel responsible for various aspects of the well program.
• Assist in ensuring sufficient stock of parts and materials are maintained.
• Recommend adjustments to drilling parameters as necessary so as to improve the overall drilling operation performance.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. seniortoolpusher@brassconsulting.net

15 TOOLPUSHER
BASIC FUNCTION
• Supervise the drilling operations and associated activities and ensure it is in accordance with the well program.
• Ensure drilling operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner

• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering/ Geology/ related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in drilling operations.
• Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling.

• Monitor maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment including repair, lubrication, maintenance records, and inventory levels.
• Maintain records of inspections and certification of drilling equipment, tools and tubular.
• Relieve the Driller at the Driller’s console as operational requirement demands.
• Monitor the application of the Company Preventative Maintenance System program within the drilling department.
• Review and approve all drilling related work permits.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. toolpusher@brassconsulting.net

16 DRILLER
BASIC FUNCTION
• Operate drilling and mud circulating equipment as instructed in the well program and in accordance to Company policies and procedures.

EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT
• B.sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering/ Geology/ related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in drilling operations.

• Operate all equipment at all times al the Driller’s console in a safe manner.
• Monitor the well condition -Perform drilling related operations such as directional drilling, working struck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, assisting in wire line logging, well testing, and other special operations
• Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records -perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. driller@brassconsulting.net

SUBSEA SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION
Supervise the maintenance and repair of all subsea BOP and riser systems, Multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems, and find all associated surface equipment and systems.

17 PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS
• B.Sc /Higher National Diploma (HND) – Engineering.
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with a Multiplex system.

• Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines.
• Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required.
• Direct the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment.
• Direct the assembly, installation, and nippling down the BOP and all well control equipment as required.
• Operate, maintain and repair the subsea BOP control system, i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems.

APPLY TO: If you are interested please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates. subseasupervisor@brassconsulting.net

18 ASSISTANT SUBSEA OPERATOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Assist the Subsea Supervisor with maintenance and repair of all subsea systems and associated surface equipment, riser tensioning system, and drill string compensation systems onboard the rig.

• B.Sc/Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering.
• Minimum 1 year relevant work experience.

• Assist with maintaining the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines.
• Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required.
• Assist the Subsea Supervisor in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment•
• Assemble, install and nipple down the BOP and all well control equipment as required.
• Assist in operating, maintenance and repair of subsea BOP control system, i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems.

APPLY TO: assistantsubsea@brassconsulting.net

19. BALLAST CONTROL OPERATOR
BASIC FUNCTION
• Operate the ballast control system so as to maintain the rig’s position, draft and trim with respect to well location.

• B.Sc/Higher National (HND) or equivalent in – Engineering / Marine Operations

• Ballast and de-ballast the rig as required to maintain station.
• Monitor all ballast controls and related instrumentation. Also monitor the location of supply vessels, standby boats and helicopters.
• Record reports pertaining to stability, boat and helicopter movements, safety drills and rig activities in the daily logbook.
• Maintain a continuous listening watch an VHF radio and maintain regular communication with supply and standby vessels.

APPLY TO: bco@brassconsulting.net

REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
• In addition to requisites specified for each position, the understated are required for all positions:
• Valid relevant trade/marine licenses
• Valid medical examination and vaccination certificate.
• Good communication skills relevant to the position.
• Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the drilling unit.
• Commitment and disposition to train and develop subordinates in work team.
• Basic computer skills.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in any of the positions, please send curriculum vitae not longer than three (3) pages to the email address indicated for it. Do not attach certificates.

Application closes on 16th December, 2010.
Romance / Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by 2busy: 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
Tactful Advise
Let’s save our time and effort. When people ask us for advice, let’s not give it to them. After all, they are NOT really asking for it.
Prior to asking us for advice, people have their mind already made-up about what they should or should not do. What they are REALLY searching for is for something that reinforces their pre-set, unsaid standpoint. It is no wonder, frequently; they get defensive about our advice. Most of the time, our advice conflicts with their pre-set standpoint.
When someone asks us for advice, let’s be tactful. Redirect their searching-for-advice question back to them, “What do YOU think about that.” Many times, they already know the answer and happily give it to us.

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.” ~Erica Jong
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
still available
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2010
ok
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2010
still available
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2010
George_D:

obviously a salvage or total junk title. we know the signs when poster keeps ignoring requests for vin reports.  smiley
mr gorge, I've been 2busy
Pebontrack:

My oga, you no gree 1.7m last?
my brother e no gree o
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2010
still available
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 11:31am On Nov 18, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339 or 08034342801
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
smiley
still available CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 9:00am On Nov 09, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339
Politics / Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by 2busy: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
One option is missing, NONE OF THE ABOVE
Cos that is the option i will chose
They are all the same
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2010
Call 08023160339 4 inquiries
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
Call 08023160339 4 inquiries.
Celebrities / Re: Basket Mouth And Wifey by 2busy: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2010
Aysometin, how did u come about dis pix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.