Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,247 members, 7,867,639 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

2busy's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2busy's Profile / 2busy's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 16 pages)

Sports / Paul, The Wcup Predicting Octopus, Dies At 2 1/2 by 2busy: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-paultheoctopusdeath

Paul, the WCup predicting octopus, dies at 2 1/2

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP)—Paul the Octopus, the tentacled tipster who fascinated soccer fans by predicting results at the World Cup, died Tuesday.

Paul had reached the octopus old age of 2 1/2 years and died in his tank on Tuesday morning at the Sea Life aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen, spokeswoman Ariane Vieregge said.

Paul correctly tipped the outcome of all seven of Germany’s games. He made his predictions by opening the lid of one of two clear plastic boxes, each containing a mussel and bearing a team flag.

The octopus seemed to be in good shape when he was checked late Monday, but he did not make it through the night. He died of natural causes, Vieregge said.

“We had all naturally grown very fond of him and he will be sorely missed,” Sea Life manager Stefan Porwoll said in a statement.

The aquarium has not yet decided how best to commemorate their most famous resident, he said.

“We may decide to give Paul his own small burial plot within our grounds, and erect a modest permanent shrine,” Porwoll said.

After rising to global prominence during the World Cup in South Africa in June and July, Paul retired from the predictions business after the final between Spain and the Netherlands—correctly picking Spain—and returned to his primary role of intriguing children who attend the aquarium.

The invertebrate was stepping “back from the official oracle business,” Tanja Munzig, a spokeswoman for the Sea Life, told AP Television News at the time.

“He won’t give any more oracle predictions—either in football, nor in politics, lifestyle or economy,” she said. “Paul will get back to his former job, namely making children laugh.”

After his World Cup soothsaying skills were revealed, the English-born Paul was appointed as an ambassador to England’s bid to host the 2018 World Cup. He had English roots, having been hatched at Weymouth Sea Life Center on England’s south coast in 2008.

Imitators sprang up all over the world, including Mani the Parakeet in Singapore and Lorenzo the Parrot in Hannover, Germany.

The latest was a saltwater crocodile named Dirty Harry, who predicted Spain’s World Cup final win and called the result of Australia’s general election by snatching a chicken carcass dangling beneath a caricature of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

“El Pulpo Paul” became so popular in Spain that the northwestern Spanish town of O Carballino tried to borrow him and made him an “honorary friend.”

Paul, who had an agent, got hundreds of requests to go to Spain. The Madrid Zoo asked Sea Life if it would be willing to make a deal to bring him in as a tribute to the Spanish soccer team’s victory, either temporarily or for good. But the German aquarium turned down that offer, too.

Paul’s name will live on the Greek island of Zakynthos, where a permanent sea turtle rescue center funded in part by donations generated by the famous octopus is being established.

Associated Press writer David Rising in Berlin contributed to this report.
Autos / Re: Odometer Fraud Huge Problem From Canada To Nigeria Export by 2busy: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2010
u ar welcome
Autos / Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by 2busy: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2010
http://consciencedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=297&Itemid=1

Odometer fraud huge problem from Canada to Nigeria export
Written by Barrie Dashman
Oct 19, 2010 at 05:37 PM

Hello, can you please tell me of any news channels, news papers and internet classifieds where i can reach the mass public of nigeria about almost every car from toronto being exported to nigeria has the kilometers rolled back?

I want the public to know that these people from Toronto are buying high mileage unsafe cars most with over 200,000 km and many over 300,000km and rolling back the mileage to less than 100,000km, they even remove the check engine and brake lights on dash so your people have no idea what they are driving. I see it happen every day as I work next door to a shipper, I watch them roll back the kilometers to at least 20 cars a day and that only this one shipper in Mississauga on Tompkin and Kamato. Innocent people from Nigeria are being ripped of by their own people from Toronto and they are being endangered because they have no idea what shape their car is really in. I want to inform the Nigerian public that they can check on websites the real mileage of their cars such as carfax and car proof which gives the cars actual kilometers and if its been in a accident. Ive posted this information on a bunch of online websites but need your help to reach the whole market about what is happening. If you can give me information on news channels and papers and online classifieds that many in Nigeria read it would be highly appreciated in my attempt to shut down these criminals defrauding their own people.

Do you know how many Toyota Camry Carolla Sienn, Honda Accord Crv Oddyssy from years 1998-2005 go from Toronto Mississauga to Nigeria with less than 100,000 km? Hundreds every week. The shippers and exporters both roll back the mileage to maximize their profits. Looks on autotrader.com , you wont find one 98-2003 Carolla Camry Accord Oddyssy or Sienna with under 100,000km yet hundreds a week leave Toronto to Nigeria. If you need proof let those buying these cars in nigeria know about carfax and carproof and use it before buying a car. All they have to do is go on line type in the vin number and the cars history will show up.

Thank you
Last Updated ( Oct 19, 2010 at 05:54 PM )
Autos / Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by 2busy: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2010
http://consciencedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=297&Itemid=1

Hello, can you please tell me of any news channels, news papers and internet classifieds where i can reach the mass public of nigeria about almost every car from toronto being exported to nigeria has the kilometers rolled back?

I want the public to know that these people from Toronto are buying high mileage unsafe cars most with over 200,000 km and many over 300,000km and rolling back the mileage to less than 100,000km, they even remove the check engine and brake lights on dash so your people have no idea what they are driving. I see it happen every day as I work next door to a shipper, I watch them roll back the kilometers to at least 20 cars a day and that only this one shipper in Mississauga on Tompkin and Kamato. Innocent people from Nigeria are being ripped of by their own people from Toronto and they are being endangered because they have no idea what shape their car is really in. I want to inform the Nigerian public that they can check on websites the real mileage of their cars such as carfax and car proof which gives the cars actual kilometers and if its been in a accident. Ive posted this information on a bunch of online websites but need your help to reach the whole market about what is happening. If you can give me information on news channels and papers and online classifieds that many in Nigeria read it would be highly appreciated in my attempt to shut down these criminals defrauding their own people.

Do you know how many Toyota Camry Carolla Sienn, Honda Accord Crv Oddyssy from years 1998-2005 go from Toronto Mississauga to Nigeria with less than 100,000 km? Hundreds every week. The shippers and exporters both roll back the mileage to maximize their profits. Looks on autotrader.com , you wont find one 98-2003 Carolla Camry Accord Oddyssy or Sienna with under 100,000km yet hundreds a week leave Toronto to Nigeria. If you need proof let those buying these cars in nigeria know about carfax and carproof and use it before buying a car. All they have to do is go on line type in the vin number and the cars history will show up.

Thank you
Autos / Odometer Fraud Huge Problem From Canada To Nigeria Export by 2busy: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2010

Thank you
Newsflash
Jobs/Vacancies / Google Is Recruiting For A Temporary Job In Lagos For Position Of Business Analy by 2busy: 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
Google is recruiting for a temporary job in Lagos for position of Business Analyst

Job Title: Business Analyst (Temporary) – Lagos

This position is based in Lagos, Nigeria

This is a 10 month temporary role offered through Adecco.

The Area: Sales

Sales At Google, we believe a salesperson’s success depends on the customer’s success – and we offer our clients technology solutions to help them grow their business and maximise their return on their marketing investment. This ability requires our Sales team to have varied skills and talents, including thorough knowledge of the advertising business, understanding of complex technologies and the ability to sell effectively. We also have a keen eye for new opportunities and a skill for presenting them effectively to our clients. Working with creative, media, strategic planning, digital and search agencies, our Agency Relationships team evangelises the benefits of search marketing and explains how our products can enhance customers’ campaign strategies.

The Role: Business Analyst (Temporary)

As a Business Analyst you will launch Google products and programs as well as work on post-launch activities. Also, you will provide support for our Office Lead in Nigeria. As a Business Analyst you will play a significant role in getting african businesses online. If you are an analytical, detail-oriented self-starter who possesses strong project management skills, then this role could be perfect for you.

Responsibilities:
Launch Google products and programs
Conduct post-pilot research
Manage activities related to the external events
Collect and analyze data to determine the effectiveness of the products and programmes

Requirements:
University Degree preferred with an excellent academic record
Experience and ability in common business applications (i.e., Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
Superior analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
Excellent communication and organizational skills

Method of Application
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to temporaryjobs@google.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Business Analyst (Temporary) – Lagos.
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2010
Still Available smiley
CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2010
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2006 FOR SALE

FEATURES:

ALLOY WHEELS

DUAL AIR BAG

AUTOMATIC GEAR TRANSMISSION

POWER WINDOWS

POWER LOCKS

CD PLAYER/CASSETTE

FM/AM STEREO

FACTORY FITTED A/C; chiller than the cold room

MILEAGE: 35,784

ASKING PRICE N3.0M
Now N2.5M

CALL 08023160339

Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
call 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2010
call 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2010
call 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2010
Still Available
Asking Price N3.0M
Now N2.5M
CALL 08023160339
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2010
smiley
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2010
smiley still available
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
still available
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2010
Autos / Re: Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2010
more pix

Autos / Toyota Highlander 2006 For Sale price reduced now N2.5M by 2busy: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2010
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2006 FOR SALE

FEATURES:

ALLOY WHEELS

DUAL AIR BAG

AUTOMATIC GEAR TRANSMISSION

POWER WINDOWS

POWER LOCKS

CD PLAYER/CASSETTE

FM/AM STEREO

FACTORY FITTED A/C; chiller than the cold room

MILEAGE: 35,784

ASKING PRICE N3.0M
Now N2.5M

CALL 08023160339

Autos / Re: Which Of These Cars Is Solid ,Audi A4 2004,Benz 2001 C Class 240 and Camry 2001 by 2busy: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2010
eghehibor:

I guess we all know how cheap and economical a toyota is. i would say toyota would be your best buy going by your request for less fuel consumption and maintenance.

But in my knowledge, the cars u r comparing are not on the same level at all. You cannot compare a 2001 camry to a 2001 C class. The toyota is your everyday car but the C class is more of a luxury sedan. the kind of cars that u come out from and people will look at u and say u are chopping money. But the toyota is just a run around car.

I can say this bc i use a 2001 camry, but i hv access to a 2001 C class ( which is on sale right now). when i use the c class, i know the kind of attention i receive. But it is a luxury car and so the price for maintenance will always be higher than that of a toyota (your everyday car).

But if u desire class, i'll suggest u look at the C class. it has features that will baffle you.

Hope i helped a little bit.
THANK U MY BROTHER, THE 2 ARE INCOMPARABLE
Bros u are comparing MOTO with AUTOMOBILE,
THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR

Islam for Muslims / Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
The first thing we must realize is that Allah subhanu wa ta’ala has made certain times, places, and actions more blessed than others. For example, the Prophets (alayhim assalaam) were not like other people, the cities of Makkah and Medinah are not like other cities, and Jummah is not like other days of the week. In the same vein, the month of Ramadan is not the same as other months. One of Allah’s greatest gifts to mankind that He created a month that is equal to a thousand in blessing. It is out of His kindness that He has gave us something to look forward to; a period of time to be spiritually revived after a long year of internal struggle. Indeed, this is something to be grateful for.
There are many benefits to Ramadan and not all can be enumerated. For the sake of time and space, we have limited the list to the above points, and Allah knows best.
[i]“Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Eman and wants reward from Allah will have all his sins forgiven”(Bukhari)[/i]Many of us have heard this hadeeth at least once before, but how many of us take it seriously? Imagine, right before you is the chance to have every sin of yours forgiven! What an opportunity!
Let’s get started on what we can do to make sure you capitalize on every second this month has to offer.
Islam for Muslims / Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2010
there's also a book in this site very useful for planning in ramadan
http://www.outstandingramadan.com
too heavy to be attached here
Islam for Muslims / Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
one can experience an oustanding ramadan when we plan before the commencement of ramandan
and try to check all your act of ibadah.
see a sample checlist attached.
Have a nice ramadan
massalam

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: . by 2busy: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2010
UNILORIN, better by far
dat's my almamata, well i don't have any place.
But u need to leave ilorin 4 places like lagos or PH and then begin the search.
With ur IT letter, u can always move from one company to the other u will surely get a place.
Luckily electrical is very wide, u have several options to pick from: telecoms, power, instrumentation and control (in oil and gas), information technology(most companies need info-tech). so with prayer and adequate struggle i can assure u, u will get a place.
Get up dress neat move to Victoria Island, identify those companies, u will get one.
Autos / Re: Buy your clean(1st class) cars From Cotonou while working with ur budget... by 2busy: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2010
Thanx
I 'll send a mail to ur box for further enquiries
Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbicibtc Is Recruiting Graduate Trainee by 2busy: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2010
Graduate
Trainee program (PH, ABJ & LAGOS)
Pre-requisites:

*minimum of a 2.1 B.Sc degree
*must have completed NYSC
*must not exceed a maximum of 24 months work experience
*must not be older than 26 years by December 2010
* Interested candidates to visit www.stanbicibtcbank .com to apply.

*We will only contact successful applicants*.
Autos / Re: Buy your clean(1st class) cars From Cotonou while working with ur budget... by 2busy: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2010
and dis 1

Autos / Re: Buy your clean(1st class) cars From Cotonou while working with ur budget... by 2busy: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2010
@ Ismail, kindly confirm the prices that will land these 2 vehicles in lagos Toyota 1999 Avensis and 1998 BMW318i
see attached pix

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: . by 2busy: 6:46am On Jul 21, 2010
your post obviously shows that you need money and not IT expereince.
What is your course of study
Romance / Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 2busy: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2010
dat's a generalization. to me, it depends on the society u grew up in. and the degree of sexism that exists in such a society.
for example in northern naija with sharia women who commit adultery face stoning to death. while d men go scot free.
such men will grow up with a sense of entitlement, mighty egos n feeling of superiority. then they can't handle it when their partner cheats.

Point of correction, under sharia law, men found GUILTY of adultery will also be stoned to death, they don't go scot free as you have claimed.
Romance / Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 2busy: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
[/quote]dat's a generalization. to me, it depends on the society u grew up in. and the degree of sexism that exists in such a society.
for example in northern naija with sharia women who commit adultery face stoning to death. while d men go scot free.
such men will grow up with a sense of entitlement, mighty egos n feeling of superiority. then they can't handle it when their partner cheats.
[quote]
Point of correction, under sharia law, men found GUILTY of adultery will also be stoned to death, they don't go scot free as you have claimed.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Update On Total (epng) - Vacancies by 2busy: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.