Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

2busy's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2busy's Profile / 2busy's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Politics / Eid-El-Fitr: FG Declares Tuesday, Wednesday Public Holiday by 2busy: 6:03pm On Apr 07
The Federal Government has declared Tuesday and Wednesday, April 9 and 10, 2024, as public holidays to mark the Eid-el-Fitr celebration.

The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday by the ministry’s permanent secretary, Aishetu Ndayako.

The minister congratulated all Muslims for the successful completion of the fasting in the holy month of Ramadan.

Tunji-Ojo called on them to imbibe and practise the virtues that entail kindness, love, tolerance, peace, good neighbourliness, and compassion, as exemplified by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him).

Source:
https://punchng.com/breaking-eid-el-fitr-fg-declares-tuesday-wednesday-public-holiday/?amp

8 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by 2busy: 12:19pm On Feb 15
Nice move
I wish you all the best brother.
But I'm curious, what's your plan to navigate to island like Sao Tome and Principle and country like Equatorial Guinea ?
bablojnr po andst=128466191:
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

https://allure.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ileri-babalobi/

My name is Ileri Babalobi and I am trying to become the 1st African to visit all 54 African countries without using a plane. In the process,I plan to set 2 Guinness world records and Raise money for the Nigerian Red Cross. I expect to take about 6months. Here's why I'm doing this

I've been backpacking for nearly 10 years now. I have been to all 36 states of Nigeria, and when I lived in Ghana, all the 16 regions there as well as over a dozen African countries. i've been trying to visit all African countries for a long time and I'm finally close to doing it

On the trip I'll be exploring the culture and visiting the Tourist Areas of each place I visit and stream it on YouTube here https://youtube.com/@africatours . I've always been interested in how people in other cultures and places live. Which brings me to why I'm making this trip . ..

1) Im very Pro Nigerian and without being facetious, I've always wanted to do something for her Gratis . I hope to raise a lot of money for the Nigerian Red Cross. The official name of the attempt is Naija to the World and at each Border I'll take a picture with the Nigerian flag.

2 I want to show how people in other countries live
3 I would be promoting the Borderless Africa campaign by Africans Rising, which seeks to remove barriers to migration ( such as expensive visas) among African Nations.
4) it's a Chance to fulfill a life long personal dream .

I'll leave from Lagos in March and I plan to do a daily summary here on nairaland everyday , as well as two YouTube videos of the days adventures.
Advice and tips are welcome

@

1 Like 1 Share

Career / Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by 2busy: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
LooneyLester:
At least he falls sick he'll get a benefitting health care

Wrong reason to Japa for a bank manager.
When you have a good HMO that uses hospital like Reddington, Health care will not be a reason for a bank manager to Japa

1 Like

Politics / Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by 2busy: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2023
GreatKingg:
Nigeria shall be great again!!

This last election really exposed a lot of ills we have in our society. The division is just so glaring and clear for all to see. What people seems to forget is that we are first Nigerians, before ethnicity and religion. The last election shows the division along ethnic and religious lines. Let's be honest here, none of the three candidates that aspired to the highest office of the land would have had it easy. We all yearn for CHANGE, but yet we want to keep doing same thing as of old (same thing that haven't brought development over the years). We all talk about the good and better amenities in the Western world, which is why everyone wants to japa, but we all seem to forget that the same place you want to japa to, the citizens ancestors sacrificed a lot to make it look good for you to want to go there. No nation had it easy to greatness.

Nigeria's problem is too complex to be solved even in 20 years. We elected leaders, not magicians. Economy turnaround doesn't happen overnight. It takes a whole lot of planning and careful execution.

I really don't get how some people are waiting for the current administration to fail. The failure of the administration affects you and me, period. You voted because you are a patriot. If your candidate didn't win or wasn't announced as the winner, that doesn't mean you should wish ill on the country so you can mock the people that voted the winner. It is illogical and senseless. As a patriot, your allegiance should be to the country, not an individual.

Elections have come and gone. All we need to do is work with the administration to push the nation forward. We have no other place to call home. Nigeria is home.

GOD BLESS YOU
I WISH ALL NIGERIANS CAN REASON THIS WAY.
GOD BLESS YOU, GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Politics / Re: FULL TEXT: President Tinubu’s 63rd Independence Anniversary Speech by 2busy: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2023
walehammed:
God bless Nigeria

Amen
God bless you too.
God bless us all.

Let's say good things about ourselves, our LEADERS and our great nation.
Politics / FULL TEXT: President Tinubu’s 63rd Independence Anniversary Speech by 2busy: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2023
ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR, PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IN COMMEMORATION OF THE 63RD INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY OF NIGERIA ON SUNDAY, 1ST OCTOBER, 2023

Dear Compatriots,

It is my unique honour to address you on this day, the 63rd anniversary of our nation’s independence, both as the President of our dear country and, simply, as a fellow Nigerian.

On this solemn yet hopeful day, let us commend our founding fathers and mothers. Without them, there would be no modern Nigeria. From the fading embers of colonialism, their activism, dedication and leadership gave life to the belief in Nigeria as a sovereign and independent nation.

Let us, at this very moment, affirm that as Nigerians, we are all endowed with the sacred rights and individual gifts that God has bestowed on us as a nation and as human beings. No one is greater or lesser than the other. The triumphs that Nigeria has achieved shall define us. The travails we have endured shall strengthen us. And no other nation or power on this earth shall keep us from our rightful place and destiny. This nation belongs to you, dear people. Love and cherish it as your very own.

Nigeria is remarkable in its formation and essential character. We are a broad and dynamic blend of ethnic groups, religions, traditions and cultures. Yet, our bonds are intangible yet strong, invisible yet universal. We are joined by a common thirst for peace and progress, by the common dream of prosperity and harmony and by the unifying ideals of tolerance and justice.

Forging a nation based on the fair application of these noble principles to a diverse population has been a task of significant blessing but also serial challenge. Some people have said an independent Nigeria should never have come into existence. Some have said that our country would be torn apart. They are forever mistaken. Here, our nation stands and here we shall remain.

This year, we passed a significant milestone in our journey to a better Nigeria. By democratically electing a 7th consecutive civilian government, Nigeria has proven that commitment to democracy and the rule of law remains our guiding light.

At my inauguration, I made important promises about how I would govern this great nation. Among those promises, were pledges to reshape and modernize our economy and to secure the lives, liberty and property of the people.

I said that bold reforms were necessary to place our nation on the path of prosperity and growth. On that occasion, I announced the end of the fuel subsidy.

I am attuned to the hardships that have come. I have a heart that feels and eyes that see. I wish to explain to you why we must endure this trying moment. Those who sought to perpetuate the fuel subsidy and broken foreign exchange policies are people who would build their family mansion in the middle of a swamp. I am different. I am not a man to erect our national home on a foundation of mud. To endure, our home must be constructed on safe and pleasant ground.

Reform may be painful, but it is what greatness and the future require. We now carry the costs of reaching a future Nigeria where the abundance and fruits of the nation are fairly shared among all, not hoarded by a select and greedy few. A Nigeria where hunger, poverty and hardship are pushed into the shadows of an ever fading past.

There is no joy in seeing the people of this nation shoulder burdens that should have been shed years ago. I wish today’s difficulties did not exist. But we must endure if we are to reach the good side of our future.

My government is doing all that it can to ease the load. I will now outline the path we are taking to relieve the stress on our families and households.

We have embarked on several public sector reforms to stabilize the economy, direct fiscal and monetary policy to fight inflation, encourage production, ensure the security of lives and property and lend more support to the poor and the vulnerable.

Based on our talks with labour, business and other stakeholders, we are introducing a provisional wage increment to enhance the federal minimum wage without causing undue inflation. For the next six months, the average low-grade worker shall receive an additional Twenty-Five Thousand naira per month.

To ensure better grassroots development, we set up an Infrastructure Support Fund for states to invest in critical areas. States have already received funds to provide relief packages against the impact of rising food and other prices.

Making the economy more robust by lowering transport costs will be key. In this regard, we have opened a new chapter in public transportation through the deployment of cheaper, safer Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses across the nation. These buses will operate at a fraction of current fuel prices, positively affecting transport fares.

New CNG conversions kits will start coming in very soon as all hands are on deck to fast track the usually lengthy procurement process. We are also setting up training facilities and workshops across the nation to train and provide new opportunities for transport operators and entrepreneurs. This is a groundbreaking moment where, as a nation, we embrace more efficient means to power our economy. In making this change, we also make history.

I pledged a thorough housecleaning of the den of malfeasance the CBN had become. That housecleaning is well underway. A new leadership for the Central Bank has been constituted. Also, my special investigator will soon present his findings on past lapses and how to prevent similar reoccurrences. Henceforth, monetary policy shall be for the benefit of all and not the exclusive province of the powerful and wealthy.

Wise tax policy is essential to economic fairness and development. I have inaugurated a Committee on Tax Reforms to improve the efficiency of tax administration in the country and address fiscal policies that are unfair or hinder the business environment and slow our growth.

To boost employment and urban incomes, we are providing investment funding for enterprises with great potential. Similarly, we are increasing investment in micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.

Commencing this month, the social safety net is being extended through the expansion of cash transfer programs to an additional 15 million vulnerable households.

My administration shall always accord the highest priority to the safety of the people. Inter-Service collaboration and intelligence sharing have been enhanced. Our Service Chiefs have been tasked with the vital responsibility of rebuilding the capacities of our security services.

Here, I salute and commend our gallant security forces for keeping us safe and securing our territorial integrity. Many have paid the ultimate sacrifice. We remember them today and their families. We shall equip our forces with the ways and means needed to perform their urgent task on behalf of the people,

We shall continue to make key appointments in line with the provisions of the Constitution and with fairness toward all. Women, Youth and the physically challenged shall continue to be given due regard in these appointments.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate the National Assembly for its role in the quick take-off of this administration through the performance of its constitutional duties of confirmation and oversight.

I similarly congratulate the judiciary as a pillar of democracy and fairness.

I also thank members of our dynamic civil society organizations and labour unions for their dedication to Nigerian democracy. We may not always agree but I value your advice and recommendations. You are my brothers and sisters and you have my due respect.

Fellow compatriots, the journey ahead will not be navigated by fear or hatred. We can only achieve our better Nigeria through courage, compassion and commitment as one indivisible unit.

I promise that I shall remain committed and serve faithfully. I also invite all to join this enterprise to remake our beloved nation into its better self. We can do it. We must do it. We shall do it.!!!

I wish you all a happy 63rd Independence Anniversary.

Thank you for listening.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

SOURCE: https://www.channelstv.com/2023/10/01/full-text-president-tinubus-independence-anniversary-speech/
NYSC / Re: Taraba To Pay Corps Members ₦85,000 Stipend by 2busy: 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
I saw in the news yesterday that the Taraba state university lecturers are threatening to go on strike for unpaid salaries.

Same state is promising Corp members 85k

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/09/21/taraba-varsity-ASUU-threatens-strike-over-six-months-unpaid-salaries-others/
Career / Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by 2busy: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
1. Get a statement of account from your PFA
2. Write a letter to your employer asking them to remit all your pension deducted from your monthly salary.
2(a). Attach a copy of the statement of account as evidence that your employer is not up to date in it's remittance of your pension.
2(b). If possible attach all your pay slip as evidence that your pension are constantly deducted.
2(c). Quote a section of the Pension Reform Act where there is penalty for non remittance of deducted pension from employee salary.
2(d) CC the following in your letter:
PENCOM
YOUR PFA
EFCC.
3. Ensure you send a copy of the letter to your PFA and PENCOM.
4. Ensure you have a copy of your letter duly stamped " RECEIVED "
5. Do all above also by E-mail to your HR, Finance Dept, and MD, especially if you are not getting positive feedback from the hardcopy of your letter.
Best of luck.

13 Likes

Education / Re: Ekweremadu, Portable: See UNILORIN Exam Question by 2busy: 6:42am On May 11, 2023
Nazgul:
Very straight forward exam questions...if you're a student that's up to date with his/her lecture notes, you'll definitely request for at least 5 extra sheets. Cos I don't see any thing difficult here.

Since we're still on the 25% Abuja issue. If you look at the instructions carefully, According to it, you're expected to answer a total of 3 questions.

They said answer question one AND any other two. Meaning if you answer question one correctly AND fail to answer any other two questions as directed by the lecturer, you'll definitely fail the exams.

Now back to the elections, what this implies is that if a candidate fails to fulfill the 25% votes in Abuja, it means he shouldn't be declared winner cos it's like a student answering only number one question AND leaving the remaining two. This means that the candidate shouldn't be declared winner according to the instructions INEC themselves gave for the election.

A smart STUDENT A answered:
COMPULSORY Qusetion 1 (I scores 4 marks)
COMPULSORY Question 1 (II scores 4 marks)
COMPULSORY Question 1 (III scores 4 marks) AND
Question 2 (scores 20 marks) AND
Question 3 (scores 20marks)

Continuous Assessment, Attendance in All classes and test = 25 marks

AS A SMART STUDENT, WITH YOUR ABUJA ANALOGY O , THOUGH HE FAILED THE COMPULSORY, HE HAS DONE GOOD HOMEWORK, ATTENDED ALL CLASSES, PASS THE OTHER (2 QUESTIONS VERY WELL) HE STILL TOP THE CLASS WITH A (77/100).

UNSmart STUDENT B
ANSWERED COMPULSORY QUESTIONS 1 AND SCORES 28 MARKS
AND
ANSWERED QUESTION 2 SCORES 5 MARKS
AND
ANSWERED QUESTION 3 SCORES 5 MARKS

DID NOT ATTEND ALL CLASSES
DID NOT DO ASSIGNMENT
ONLY DID TEST AND SCORES 10 MARKS

TOTAL SCORES 48/100........THIS IS A D
NO MAJORITY VOTES
NOT WIDELY ACCEPTED.......

HOPE YOU CAN RELATE?
Politics / Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu: Tinubu Is Not Our President Elect by 2busy: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
Djoel:

Wow! What a courageous woman. Her speech is even more Presidential and commands my respect than BAT's acceptance speech.

Yes Mama, we hear you loud and clear.

*WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH
*WE WILL GO EN MASS AND VOTE OUT REMAINING INCOMPETENT ENTITLED LEADERS AT STATE LEVEL
*WE WILL NOT KILL OURSELVES OR DESTROY OUR PVCs
*WE WILL MOST IMPORTANTLY NOT BE FOOLED AGAIN AS WE WILL DEFEND OUR VOTES BY STAYING BEHIND TO COUNT, SNAPPING PHOTOS WITH THE RESULTS AND THE INEC OFFICIALS AS EVIDENCE, ENSURING THE RESULTS ARE UPLOADED ETC.

In the beginning, the desire was to waste the votes.
It's prayer and wish answered.
It should be accepted as it is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes

https://www.nairaland.com/7602142/vote-wasters-power-words-votes
Politics / Re: The Power Of Words by 2busy: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
IgOga:
Dem don waste their votes true true grin grin grin

Mission accomplished for them.
Lesson learn : Be guided with your words

1 Like

Politics / The Power Of Words by 2busy: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

“Words are like eggs dropped from great heights; you can no more call them back than ignore the mess they leave when they fall.”
― Jodi Picoult, Salem Falls
Politics / Re: 2023: Atiku Employs 19 SANs To Challenge Tinubu’s Victory by 2busy: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
hurryup123:
Very useless country

SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY.

NIGERIA...A GREAT COUNTRY
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS

1 Like

Politics / Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu: Tinubu Is Not Our President Elect by 2busy: 7:06am On Mar 06, 2023
adecz:
🆗
I THOUGHT SHE SAID THEY WANT TO BE VOTE WASTERS.
I SAW HER VIDEO WHERE SHE INSTRUCT HER CHURCH MEMBERS TO GO OUT AND WASTE THEIR VOTES.

WHY IS SHE REJECTING THE WINNER NOW THAT HER MEMBERS HAVE WASTED ALL THEIR VOTES.

PREACH SALVATION , THEY NO GREE..... DRAGING RELIGION INTO POLITICS.

PRAY FOR YOUR LEADERS.....PRAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY....THE ANGELS WILL SAME AMEN TO YOUR PERSONAL PRAYERS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Bola Tinubu Arrives In Maiduguri, For APC Borno Presidential Rally (Video) by 2busy: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2023
insidelife22:
I don't hate tinubu
But to see he is sick and still want to preside over my country and future after what Buhari has done is an insult to my sensibilities.
Same was said of Buhari, he will be completing his 8 yrs in May this year.
Sick people are recieving treatment in the hospital. May God in His infinite Mercy heal all sick people.
A sick man cannot have the strength to travel all 36 states for his campaign.
Tinubu has shown that he's not sick. Be objective and show your true love for him come Saturday 25th February 2023.

PS
Whoever wins this election, as Nigerian, let's imbibe the habit of praying for our leaders and our dear country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by 2busy: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2022
Do we have Hebrew in our school curriculum?
Arabic is taught in our school , offer at WAEC and JAMB and as course in our institutions. Millions of our fellow Nigerians in the north can conveniently read Arabic letters and understands it in their native mother tongue.

excanny:

We know it’s Hausa.

Why cany it be written in Latin alphabet, what’s wrong in simply writing Naira Dari? That every Nigerian can read.

How many Nigerians can read Arabic inscriptions?

How will it feel like writing Naira Ogorun in Hebrew inscriptions on our currencies?
Politics / Re: Two Million Of the Likes Of Buhari Cannot Change Nigeria.see Why by 2busy: 7:49am On Oct 30, 2022
ALWAYS RELEVANT ANY DAY
Antoeni:
Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.

�Everything is wrong with Nigeria.

�The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .

�The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage.

�The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball.
�The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
�The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

�The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with.
� If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal.
�If you try to stand in their way, you put your life at risk.

�If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.

�The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same.
�Even the religious circle is not spared.

�Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption.
�Nobody cares about anybody. No law and order.
� I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
�They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money.
�I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN. The system don't care about my qualifications.

�Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills.
�I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work is rewarding?
�When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.

�Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family.
�Don't put yourself in harm way for any reason.
�The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.

�Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
�They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish.
� Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .

�You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything.
�Let those under the hammer start the revolution. I beg make you hear word.
�This post is gonna anger a lot of my followers. I'm still gonna post it anyway.

*Analogy of OPPRESSORS & FOOLISH CITIZENS.
*(A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors):

� During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.

�The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely naked. After which, he threw the chicken on the ground.

�The naked chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & helpless creature.

�The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.

�Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership.

�He said, "This chicken represents the people".

�"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".

�"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".

�"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."

� Breath taking, isn't it ?

�‍♂ Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.

�Take a look at those they call their heroes.
�They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is.
�They are the same people who are responsible for their predicaments.

�Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's house during this Christmas period to go and collect peanuts?

�Did you see the crowd that welcomed Ibori and George?

Did you see how Tinubu is worshipped like GOD.

�Your guess is as good as mine. And the likes of many others, we all know about.

�Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those they should kill!
Islam for Muslims / Re: The Virtues Of The First 10 Days Of Dhulhijjah by 2busy: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
Lukgaf:
According to the counting of the Sultan, today is the 24th day of DhulQaddah translating that the first day of Dhulhijjah commences next week (Thursday or Friday) In Sha Allah. This article excerpted from IslamQA provides answers to the following questions on Eid-adha and virtues embedded in the month of Dhul Hijjah:

1. What are the virtues of the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah?
2. What are the righteous deeds that it is recommended to do a lot of during these ten days?

The virtues of the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah
Among the great seasons of worship are the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, which Allaah has favoured over other days. It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days.” They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out himself for jihad taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2/457

It was also narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no deed that is better before Allaah or more greatly rewarded than a good deed done in the (first) ten days of al-Adha.” It was said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out himself for jihad taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything.” Narrated by al-Daarimi, 1/357; its isnaad is hasan as stated in al-Irwa’, 3/398.

These texts and others indicate that these ten days are better than all other days of the year, with no exception, even the last ten days of Ramadaan. But the last ten nights of Ramadaan are better than the first ten nights of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because they include Laylat al-Qadr, which is better than a thousand months. See Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 5/412.

What are the righteous deeds that it is recommended to do a lot of during these ten days?.
So the Muslim should start these days with sincere repentance to Allaah, then he should do a lot of righteous deeds in general, then he should pay attention to doing the following deeds:

1 – Fasting

It is Sunnah for the Muslim to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged us to do righteous deeds in the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, and fasting is one of the best of deeds, which Allaah has chosen for Himself as it says in the hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah says: ‘All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1805.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. It was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife, that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah and the day of ‘Ashoora’, and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays. Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawood; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/462.

2 – Reciting tahmeed, tahleel and takbeer a great deal

It is Sunnah to recite takbeer (saying Allaahu akbar (Allaah is most great)), tahmeed (saying al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allaah)), tahleel (saying Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (There is no god but Allaah)) and tasbeeh (saying Subhaan-Allaah (Glory be to Allaah)), during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, saying these words out loud in the mosques, homes, streets and every place in which it is permissible to remember Allaah, to perform this act of worship openly and proclaim the greatness of Allaah.

Men should recite out loud and women should recite quietly.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“That they may witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e. reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade), and mention the Name of Allaah on appointed days, over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them (for sacrifice)” [al-Hajj 22:28]

The majority are of the view that the “appointed days” are the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the appointed days are the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days that are greater before Allaah or in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days, so recite a great deal of tahleel, takbeer and tahmeed during them.” Narrated by Ahmad, 7/224; its isnaad was classed as saheeh by Ahmad Shaakir.

The takbeer is as follows:

Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, Allaahu akbar, wa Lillaah il-hamd (Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great and to Allaah be praise).

And there are other versions.

This takbeer has become a forsaken Sunnah nowadays, especially at the beginning of these ten days. You can hardly hear it except from a few. It should be recited out loud, so as to revive the Sunnah and remind the heedless. It was proven that Ibn ‘Umar and Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with them both) used to go out to the marketplace during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, reciting the takbeer out loud, and the people would recite takbeer when they heard them, i.e., the people would remember the talkbeer and each one would recite it by himself; it does not mean that they recited in unison – that is not prescribed in sharee’ah.

Reviving Sunnahs that have been forgotten brings a great deal of reward, as is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever revives one of my Sunnahs that has died out after I am gone, will have a reward like that of everyone who does it, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 7/443; this hadeeth is hasan because of corroborating reports.

3 – Doing Hajj and ‘Umrah

One of the greatest deeds that can be done during these ten days is Hajj to the sacred House of Allaah. Whoever Allaah helps to go on Hajj to His House and do the rituals in the required manner will – in sha Allaah – be included in the words of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “An accepted Hajj brings no less a reward than Paradise.”

4 – Udhiyah (sacrifice)

One of the righteous deeds that bring a person closer to Allaah in these ten days is to slaughter the sacrifice and to look for a good, fat animal and to spend money on it for the sake of Allaah.

Let us hasten to make the most of these great days, before the negligent regrets what he did, and before he asks to go back and receives no response.
May Allah reward you for sharing this with us
Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing this with us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by 2busy: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
It seems 315-75-R16 is the tallest amongst the R16 tires I want to believe this will be ok for a Toyota Sienna. Please how much can I get this size of tire
315-75-R16?

Ikaosunwon:

what size, other numbers?
height and width?
245-75-R16

265-75-R16

285-75-R16

265-70-R16

215-60-R16

205-55-R16

225-60-R16

205-60-R16

215-55-R16

195-50-R16

215-85-R16

235-85-R16

225-75-R16

235-70-R16

245-70-R16

255-70-R16

255-65-R16

205-50-R16

225-50-R16

225-55-R16

215-65-R16

205-65-R16

235-65-R16

195-55-R16

235-60-R16

205-70-R16

215-70-R16

225-70-R16

185-55-R16

315-75-R16

225-65-R16

195-75-R16

235-75-R16

205-45-R16
Politics / Re: EMEFIELE PICKS APC PRESIDENTIAL FORM Peoples Gazette by 2busy: 3:27pm On May 06, 2022
tunene66:
A spokesman for Mr Emefiele did not return a request seeking comments, and the CBN governor himself declined comments.

The development all but confirms Mr Emefiele’s readiness to contest the 2023 presidential race, and puts to rest speculation about whether or not he would join partisan politics while leading the nation’s central bank. He is the first central bank governor to join active politics and seek an elective position while in office.

Details shortly…

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-cbn-governor-emefiele-picks-n100-million-apc-presidential-nomination-form/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

https://twitter.com/GazetteNGR/status/1522568458101272576?t=RTS62zka0VCaVRCG6JKJ2Q&s=19

He will have to resign his position as CBN governor before the primary election.
Politics / Re: Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) by 2busy: 6:27am On May 05, 2022
Rugaria:
ESN was hailed. Not some unknown gunmen..
ESN protects The East from Fulani Herdsmen who have been left to wander and kill freely..
The people are with ESN while the government are with unknown gunmen.
It's that simple.
The East will not allow you guys to criminalize The ESN.
If we do so, we will be left bare for your vandals Toomey and rape and plunder..
It won't happen..

Ok, continue hailing, this was how boko haram started in the north east, Northerners were hailing them, their clear don eye now. Soon the so called ESN will use the same acquired weapon for "supposed" protection against imaginary fulani herdsmen to begin terrorizing the people of south east. By that time your clear go eye cool

3 Likes

Car Talk / Re: 2005 Odyssey & 2005 Sienna: Which Is Better? by 2busy: 9:26am On May 04, 2022
rexlims:
Good evening house.
Pls I am asking for a friend who is contemplating getting either a honda odyssey or a sienna.
Apart from d difference in prices, what about cost of maintenance, fuel consumption and durability?
Thanks car enthusiast as I await ur response.

Toyota Sienna is better by far
However you can compare the complains of people who have used the vehicles at CarComplaints.com
This will help you in your decision making.
Politics / Re: Slavery A Reality In Chevron-egtl Escravos, Nigeria by 2busy: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2022
@
Education / Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by 2busy: 11:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Dot101:
Can Muslim schools accept that if it where to be vice versa?

Jaiz bank is an Islamic bank ( Muslim bank per sae) in Nigeria that wouldn't open account for a non Muslim talk less of granting them loan facilities.

If it where to be a Christian bank, they will find a way to stifle it to accommodate them.

Where did you get this information from? Jaiz will not open account for Christians? This is untrue, please stop misleading Nigerians
Autos / Re: Toks 2007 Toyota RAV4 SOLD SOLD SOLD by 2busy: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
Damilolagboye:
Good engine
Good gear
Chilling ac
Good tires

Price: 3.8million slightly negotiable

Third row?
Open the booth and let me see the Picture of the booth please?
What is the mileage?
Picture of the VIN?
Autos / Re: 2008 Toyota RAV4 by 2busy: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2022
Third row?
Open the booth and let me see the Picture of the booth please?
What is the mileage?
Picture of the VIN?

same as this i guess ?
https://www.nairaland.com/6923756/2008-toyota-rav4-limited-fabrics
Autos / Re: SOLD!!! 2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited Fabrics V6 Engine @4.2m by 2busy: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2022
Third 3rd row?
picture of the interior please?
Autos / Re: Sold sold sold Foreign used 2006 Toyota Sienna for sale by 2busy: 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=rowlizglobal post=109530491][/quote]

Hi
Could you explain why this 2006 is LESS expensive than the 2004 posted here :
https://www.nairaland.com/6903604/foreign-used-2004-toyota-seinna
Just curious : both leather seat
Autos / Re: Lagos: Awooof Tokunbo 2007 Toyota Sienna Limited by 2busy: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
largeman4u:
Tokunbo 2007 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
Leather seat
Formica steering
2 power doors
Reverse Camera
Navigation
Price is N3.350m

Call Largeman on 07033815252
Follow us on IG: Largeman_motors

Is this still available?
Autos / Re: Lagos : Toks Accident Free XLE Sienna 2004/2005 by 2busy: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Laredocool:
Accident free
XLE option
Confirmed duty
Good engine
AC pumping
Good gear
Price 3.2m negotiable
Contact/WhatsApp: 08052601491

Is this still available?
Autos / Re: Foreign Used 2006 Toyota Sienna by 2busy: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
ActionSquare:
This Foreign Used 2006 Toyota Sienna is offers reliability, excellent fuel economy, Interior comfort, quality, quietness, Antilock brakes, stability control, chilling air condition and many more. er. The 2006 Sienna is easy-to-drive, runs quietly and steers with a light touch.

Price: 3.6m

Call/WhatsApp: 07040370704

Is this still available?
Autos / Re: 2006 Toyota Sienna FOREIGN Used..non Accidented by 2busy: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
Razak5:
2006 Toyota Sienna
Limited Edition
Full option
Leather interior
GPS navigation screen display
Reverse Camera
Push button Trunk and Door control
Factory 6 CD � and DVD loaders
Alloy rims
3 Keys � with 2 Remotes
Fully functioning Front and Rear A/C
Tincan Cleared and Customs Duty
3.3 V6 Engine
Non Accidented

PRICE:NGN3,600,000

Is this still available?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.