Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

2chik's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2chik's Profile / 2chik's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Phones / Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by 2chik(f): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
@tayoccu, @jideSM... I understand you can assist me here regarding MTN issues.
I missed a call from 180 almost two weeks ago on the 27th of October 2016. I have tried to call back but you know... I never got a tangible reason from the call centre agents but one call centre agent admitted it might have been due to a recent job application I did. Yes, I applied for Customer Relationship Officer (Product and Testing) just about a month back, so I think the call could have been for this reason. I have sent email to mtn customer care, I have also tweeted @MTN180 but got no response yet. Please how can you help me. And thanks in advance
Politics / Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by 2chik(f): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
You are a true peace lover. Though you are a true son of the soil of Lagos you seek peace and say the truth; while a lot of Yoruba people on this forum who are not even from Lagos state are jealous of the Igbos who are successful in Lagos state waiting for the opportunity to grab the property of the next Igbo during the mayhem they seek. May God bless you.
Most of them are only struggling to lay claims to Lagos but you are the true born Lagosian. Others are as foreign as the foreigners the accuse.
This domination they accused the Igbos of wanting to do.... in what context are the Igbos trying to do this? I would like these Yoruba to tell me.
Those statements they said the Igbos made, who exactly made those statements? And was the person provoked by constant insults of 'go to your igbo village, we dont want you here'? You know if you constantly tell someone they are not wanted 'here' amongst other insults, you annoy them and they will be pushed to the wall and return words that are meant to annoy you too by telling you to your face that you can do nothing. Just to annoy you too.
You are right...... Stereotyping is wrong. There have been many crimes in Lagos and around the world perpetrated by Yorubas too. ... Credit card fraud, 419, terrorism, Insurance fraud and killings, armed robberies e.t.c. Like Michael Adebolajo is an example. There are bad people everywhere. Igbos are not criminals. They are like any other people and like to work honestly for their living.

Lyoncrescent:
A man is a man. A Tribe is a tribe. A man should be judged as a man. I know a lot of ibo men and women in Lagos that are better personalities than Yoruba men and women. All this tribalism has to stop. Every individual should be treated without any negative stereotype . The tragedy is the greatest tribalists are often well learned showing the Nysc is a waste of time. We need to change our mindset. Lagos is like London.It is a melting point of culture and commerce. The true Londoners by origin are probably less than 10percent and that's what's going to happen in Lagos enventually.I'm Yoruba and from Lagos by origin from the durosimi-eti lineage but I dare say it's not just the Yorubas that make lagos great. It's the ibos,ijaws, Hausas, fulanis, urobhos and over 50 other cultures and ethnicities that have representation in Lagos. I am first of all a Nigerian before Yoruba not the other way round . One Love people

1 Like

Politics / Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by 2chik(f): 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
OMG! Another Yoruba rat clamoring for attention with the catch word "IGBO". LWKMD grin.

I don't even understand that some funny Igbo's will take their time to try and give an explanation to Yoruba rat's senseless rants.

The Word 'Igbo' is hot and trending, that is why every Yoruba rat wants to associate with it, especially on Nairaland.
These Yoruba rats are hopeless and they are not even sure of themselves that is why they always look for Igbos to try and compare with as they can't compete healthily.

But honestly Igbos. But una dey suprise me sef sometimes. People like this attention seekers should be ignored. They have no class or clue so they try to compare.
@OnTheMoveWA and co.... calm down okay. Don't let jealousy kill you. If you don't like those things the Igbos say, go an hug a transformer ok. They did not notice you nor say it because of you. So why does it bother you. Its killing you. So help yourself, hug a transformer and end it all na. See me see wahala o.

OnTheMoveWA:
Why do Igbos usually say "I dey go village"? I've never heard an Igbo say " hometown". A friend said it's because 90% of Igbos come from rural "autonomous" communities. On another day I struggled to explain to an Igbo friend that I'm not from a village, neither are my parents nor my grandparents. They all came from towns/cities that are centuries old.

Now to the topic,

1. Those born in the "villa".

2. Those born in "no man's land"

3. Those born in the zoo.

There was almost going to be a 4th category - those born in the Lagoon but that was prevented.
Politics / Re: Igbo VS Yoruba: EgusiSoup by 2chik(f): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2016
Nice one @CHM11. These Yoruba rats here think they can eat their cakes and have it. They want to enjoy all benefits from the west while preventing others from doing so. And at the same time enjoy all benefits from other parts of Nigeria. They claim all proceeds from the west belong only to them alone. While all proceeds from elsewhere belong to everyone with them getting most benefits. Sheer arrogance.
These rats don't think before they speak.
This is one country. People are free to live wherever they wish. No one needs to bow or lick a yoruba feet before they are allowed to live in Western NIGERIA.

Live and let live. Live up to a healthy competition around you, don't suppress it. You always feel threatened even in your work places and you try to suppress competition. You always use nepotism to grow but not healthy competition.----- This is what I have to say to the Yorubas.

I don't believe you (Yorubas) are superior to anyone. All people are equal.

CHM11:

I won't reply with insults as you did.
I am a Niger Deltan from an oil producing region of Delta state, but truth at the moment is that our oil serves to feed the entire Nigeria. This is a fact at the moment. If yorubas can benefit from the oil in the Niger Delta, that means any other tribe can benefit from the land in any the yoruba states too.

If yorubas want igbos to leave Lagos, which obviously includes all other tribes in the Niger Delta (because to the yoruba man, every non hausa and non yoruba is an igbo man) then they should not be allowed to benefit from any federal allocation derived from oil. Let's see how states like Ekiti, Oyo, Osun, and Ogun will survive.
Travel / Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by 2chik(f): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
Calm down oh! distraught yoruba people on nairaland. The OP was only entitled to air his mind about the good things he knows about the Igbos. But as a result you jealous, greedy and bullying yorubas are distraught saying - He is yoruba and therefore should not speak the truth about the good things of the Igbos. It pains you all. But yes, he is Yoruba and its his choice to say what he wishes. And not surprising that out of the say 100+ comments from Yorubas, only two people preached about voicing out of factual opinions.

So in my small research I have concluded that the average Yoruba person is Jealous of the Igbo - OP only mentioned the good treatment, food, people and structures of Igbos and Igboland and you all are here burning up, quoting how Yorubas have it better.

I see the Average Yoruba person puts himself/herself in superiority contest with the Igbos. Calm down ok. Even if your people are richer/better, it does not mean other rich/better Igbos should not be mentioned. Too much jelousy and fear of competition is what I see here.

I see also that the average Yoruba person feels threatened by Igbo success and they wish that no Igbo is successful. They try to suppress Igbos from becoming successful. They want to be at the top without competition. They think if Igbos are given equal opportunities as yorubas to shine, they will outshine the Yorubas. Common yoruba people this tenseness is not good for your hearts, loosen up.

Mere mention of Ibo makes the average Yoruba person quiver - his/her thought goes: "Oh! They have come to outshine us. Lets be hostile to them"

I hail the OP. I never knew there were yorubas who have honest/unbiased assesment of Igbos like the OP. Most I know have inferiority complex which they shield with hostility towards the Igbo's.

Ordinary praising Igbos by OP have attracted all these competing and hateful comments. Shame on all of you Igbophobic Yorubas for the comments. Take care of those hateful/jealous Yoruba hearts of yours or they will fail you.

I believe if loving everyone until they prove to me otherwise. Stop stereotyping people!

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? by 2chik(f): 11:00am On Mar 03, 2016
@musiwa I understand, typical of you as a Yoruba you feel threatened by the Igbos and you fear you can not compete favourably with them if given equal opportunities. @Velexy it is typical of a Yoruba try and compare with Igbos always, are you afraid of competition like your brother @musiwa? I understand, its in your genotype. You pick on the igbos each time its like running a race having your eyes fixed on the person you think is a known success in races because you are afraid of competing with him. I advice you yorubas to just do your thing and stop crying about the Igbos. I have seen how much it pained some people that @Andre mentioned Igbo in Equitorial Guinea. Oh! yes and Igbo things will always be, so get a life. Stop destroying your joyu resisting competitors/competitions and feeling threatened. ..... I mean (laughing) some of these outbursts are unnecessary @musiwa and @Velexy and co.

1 Like

Romance / Your Man And Your Sister? by 2chik(f): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2006
Re: Found Fiance In Bed With Junior Sister

My advice, Keep your sister at arms lenght henceforth or she could do worse than that, not just with your man. I had exactly the same problem with my elder sister, i was in the same state too like you the last time. (that was the 3rd one). She didnt stop there she turned the men, my family and friends against me too. nobody believes my story, she was realy slipppery. Men are gullible, they are easily seduced. The man himself is not good enough for a husband. Keep them both quiet for now. For the man keep him quiet for life. Your sister is your sister though. But she could be more dangerous than you think she is. Next time it could be your livelihood. If she could persuade the man to leave you, she would do it.

You are blood relations, but do not let her into important issues in your life anymore. As for the pregnancy, go for a d and c, it is still early. Move on with your life. You will be glad you did. There are bettr men out there.
Celebrities / Re: Most Beautiful Nigerian Actress/Actresses by 2chik(f): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2005
as for me its:
Genny shes okay. very okay
omotola: realy cutie
Stephanie she's got a nice built, personality, confidence and cariage
ini edo: She's there and needs to tone her muscles a little. she's kinda indomielike
Dakore: She's just there, i hope she remains no 5 for long
Celebrities / Re: How to Get Celebrity Interviews? by 2chik(f): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2005
what's hot about rita. nothin. shes just there
Fashion / Re: Nigerian Model so beautiful - Marilyn Nwene by 2chik(f): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2005
seun is just obsessed about this girl. I am begining to suspect her. are u sure you did not post the pictures of the pretty angel yourself. tell us what you know rather
Fashion / Re: Nigerian Model so beautiful - Marilyn Nwene by 2chik(f): 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2005
i agree with hot angel, it is truely an easy way to get noticed. She realy aint no popular model. She sure looks good and could still make it in the modelling world. the girl chose a way to popularise herself. good for her.
Fashion / Re: Doyin Haastrup (Nokia Face of Africa 2005 finalist) by 2chik(f): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2005
Doyin is tru to type. Real African without dillusion. that is what is needed. To be unique, hardly immitatable. dont you think this girl deserve to go places?
Fashion / Re: Doyin Haastrup (Nokia Face of Africa 2005 finalist) by 2chik(f): 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2005
Dont be carried away by the photos of doyin you have seen here, she ought to have won that title. She is the most outstanding of the models. Very unique and confident of herself. She even outshone Kaone. you should see their pic. during the pageant. She is also a quine of poise and on the catwalk. Mark my words she will make it internationally better than all other contestants.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.