Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? (38499 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Maghan37: 6:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Brother ur jealousy u will find out is not just restricted to u.So this is my advice to u. I suggest u hold on to ur marriage proposal till further notice because the kind of anger u described might not make u have peace of mind for the rest of ur life because when she is not qurelling with u she will be quarelling with some friend or neighbor & u will be infamously known in ur area. Furthermore I want u to do a proper background check on her because I do not belief religion will make pple abandon family like that I belief there is more beneath the eyes & I do believe behind every successful man there is a woman(mother or wife) because the worst faith a man could have is to marry a bad wife.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by aigbokiejohnson(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Prayer first my brother without prejudice and pray GOD to bring it to light if she is meant to be yours or otherwise.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Klington: 6:58am On Mar 22, 2016
u need 2 take her 2 a psychological counsellor cos her behavior may b due 2 her family's abandonment... if you live in Lagos,u can listen 2 SHARING LIFE ISSUES WITH DR AUNT LANDA on inspiration fm 92.3,Saturdays n Sundays,7pm..all d best!
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Runx: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2016
Use your head. Walk away before U kill someone and appear on internet, TVC News and Court as a killer. The Court shall hang U and nobody on NL will be by your side with the hangman. sad
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by deolaarc(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Anger is a terrible thing that destroys relationship. If she goes physical with her anger take a walk straight...3rd parties will not make a relationship last. You said it all if you love her know how to manage her, let her see a counsellor. you need to make her clearly. That is her weakness pray for her. I will also advise that you don't propose yet.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by skylowlow: 7:05am On Mar 22, 2016
chocolateme:
It is well.. So na you and her pastor go dey marry her now, because finally na the pastor's opinion and decision go dey rule in your marriage with her.
This is not good at all.
Sight other examples of marriages destroyed by her kind of her arbitrary discretion and be firm to let her know that it's better not to go down the aisle this way than have a cold marriage. She will decide to choose. Pastor never settle his own family matter finish talk more of other people's own.
Who agrees with me that the church leaders and pastors has the most issues in their homes?
I am open to critics in case there are any..

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by macaranta(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Unfortunately anger is among one of those traits that hardly change.Be guided
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Codes151(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2016
mencade5:
Please bear with me. The thread is a bit long. This thread is about me and not my friend. (lol)

i honestly need mature advise from the married and matured folks here.

I am in a very serious relationship with this lady. This is our 12th months together and i plan to propose to her in few months time.

I observe that she has hot temper. Each time we had little misunderstanding she flare up and wouldnt calm down for us to resolve and settle it amicably.

Being a gentleman i believe there are no perfect relationships. Quarrels and disagreements must pop up no matter what.

Yesterday we quarreled due to certain issue we had agreed on. I must confess i caused it but i was quick to realise it and apologise but she wouldnt listen. She made an attempt to call a friend of hers to report the issue. I stopped her. She again wanted to call her pastor too i blocked her hands and was surprise why she is inviting third parties to our matter. She was even voicing it out for people to hear us quarreling and i was calming her down to lower her voice.

This lady is the type every man needs. Religious, good cook, prayerful and she gives me advise on so many occasion.

Her parents are late and she was abandoned by her brothers and sisters due to change of religion. I dont know maybe this affected her attitude.

I myself i have my own wrong sides yet i am ready to accept her wrong and hope she do the same to me. But she wouldnt.

I have talked to her about her anger and made her understand that it is not good for us. Yet yesterdays event surprised me.

Please sorry about the long post. I just need advise or advises about how to handle this issue with my woman.

To add she is 23 and i am 29 years.

. I don't know! Maybe if it's from the girl, highest she can do is stab you but if it's the man, you will only be receiving punches like mayweather. The choice n decision is urs SIR!
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by cardoctor(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2016
OL boy, LOOK WELL WELL BEFORE YOU LEAP.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by mistyebby(f): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2016
I'm in similar situation and pls I need advice. This guy came with the mindset of getting married cuz we were actually matched maked. We had an energising 3 months of talking through the phone. During Xmas he invited me over to his family house, there was no official introduction, I also returned the gesture, definitely my family knew who he was. After Xmas he reduced the calls, he claimed he had family issues he needs to settle. Before then, he had invited me to his place, i was busy, so we agreed to work another time out. I tried keeping in touch, though my spirit told me something was wrong. It continued, i started feeling hurt. I made him knw this times without number.

The coldness lingered, so I stopped calling as well. My sister had issues with sch, the way she kept crying on the phone got to me. So I dropped my ego and decided to call him to proffer cuz he works in the institution. The first time I called I was sad/ angry. Though he told me what to do, and finally the storm passed for my sis.

Finally I summoned courage and bugged him to tell me where I stand of course I did it in a calm manner was always pleading.I have always respected him that was why I choose this part. After a long wait. He sends a long chat, saying he can't deal with my sad mood. I tried to talk abt it, BT I guess his mind was already made up. Though he claimed he still cares.

I really like this guy, what should I do?
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 22, 2016
@OP u both need Jesus in ur lives

and counselling too
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by hybee53(m): 7:20am On Mar 22, 2016
I once date someone like her, bt she dump me because she taught I was still dating my x, which z not true. To me I believe u need to sit her down and give her condition of not inviting third party to ur relationship. if she z not ready to comply then I believe u have to go ur separate ways. is better to have a separate relationship dat to have a divorce. u don't marry out of pity.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ALLPISHON: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Hello my Brother, talking to her yourself will never work, don’t just go there.

1) Get a senior godly and morally upright couple; i repeat couple to discuss this very issue of anger with her primarily
2) Not optional, let her go for deliverance (you must confirm that she did it)
3) Pretend one day that you also are angry on an issue to the point that it may threaten the relationship (please, confide in someone before you embark on it) don’t listen to anybody if they advise you otherwise. But bear it in mind at each stage (prayerfully) that it is a journey of wisdom and not satanic anger. While this is on please be watchful of her actions and reaction. Is unfortunate that i have limited time.
4) If she does not change. I beg you in the name of the Lord (God knows i am praying for you even now). Please, please, please DO NOT MARRY HER. Either way you will remember this piece. You may contact 080 2474 41 41 for further guidance if only you are sincere.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by iamcy(m): 7:25am On Mar 22, 2016
You can't have it all bro..cos both of you are meant to complement each other..your weak areas - her strong areas , and your strong areas - her weak areas...wish you all the best

2 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by lourash(m): 7:27am On Mar 22, 2016
Okay.. @poster.. I will start by saying that for her to be 23 years old and you to be 29 years means that you have spent several years of your lives living as different people. Bros that's what marriage is all about . finding some one who is not exactly perfect and learning how to make that person perfect. My wife had serious mood swing issues before we got married and I have helped her get over all that to the extent that we do not remember her ever having those issues now and when we do we just laugh over it. You as a man has the responsibility of making that woman develop in to what you want as a wife and a lot depends on how to treat issues at home. are you that kind of guy who will also get angry easily ? do u believe in making people listen to you understand why they should avoid doing things certain way without it leading to quarrel in any way ? it is easy for anybody to just tell you to leave the girl fast but do you know what you will find in the next girl ? Trust me she could develop to be a wife you would always be grateful for marrying.

I will not advise that you leave her but I will rather advise that you learn how to calm her down. what I did was to show my girl love and make her respect me, I am someone who loves to be happy all the time and when I notice that she for some reasons do not want to be same I gently leave the house and of course no woman wants her man out of the house so she had to learn how to keep me in the house by gradually leaving the attitudes that i dislike.

Then again Note that she is just 23 and bros at 23 i was just in 100 level in the university learning new things so what this means is that she is still in a learning phase of her live and depending on how you go about it she will learn how to drop the attitude.
Also learn how to put the fear of God in your house and it will serve as a manual for your marriage.

Bros no WOMAN is perfect.. as the saying goes 'ALL WOMEN SHOULD GET MARRIED, NO MAN DESERVES TO GO UNPUNISHED'

2 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Smylyn(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2016
traits of a bitch bros; nagging,keeping too much male friends,anger,taking cover under religion,always making u believe u're not understanding,it's always your fault.bros be very calm with her make her tell u about her past,I mean how she survive while she was abandoned and left alone.bros,u need to know that before u can know how to handle her because from your story she keep too male friends which you are ignoring because she always flare up when u complain

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Prince16: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2016
mencade5:
Please bear with me. The thread is a bit long. This thread is about me and not my friend. (lol)

i honestly need mature advise from the married and matured folks here.

I am in a very serious relationship with this lady. This is our 12th months together and i plan to propose to her in few months time.

I observe that she has hot temper. Each time we had little misunderstanding she flare up and wouldnt calm down for us to resolve and settle it amicably.

Being a gentleman i believe there are no perfect relationships. Quarrels and disagreements must pop up no matter what.

Yesterday we quarreled due to certain issue we had agreed on. I must confess i caused it but i was quick to realise it and apologise but she wouldnt listen. She made an attempt to call a friend of hers to report the issue. I stopped her. She again wanted to call her pastor too i blocked her hands and was surprise why she is inviting third parties to our matter. She was even voicing it out for people to hear us quarreling and i was calming her down to lower her voice.

This lady is the type every man needs. Religious, good cook, prayerful and she gives me advise on so many occasion.

Her parents are late and she was abandoned by her brothers and sisters due to change of religion. I dont know maybe this affected her attitude.

I myself i have my own wrong sides yet i am ready to accept her wrong and hope she do the same to me. But she wouldnt.

I have talked to her about her anger and made her understand that it is not good for us. Yet yesterdays event surprised me.

Please sorry about the long post. I just need advise or advises about how to handle this issue with my woman.

To add she is 23 and i am 29 years.

This one that u are already making excuses 4 her erratic behaviour, I wonder if it's worth d effort Givin u any 4m of advice.
One of 2 things is likely 2 happen in future :

Case 1: She kills u!

https://www.nairaland.com/2912463/yewande-fatoki-husband-killer-pictures

Case 2: U kill her!

https://www.nairaland.com/2963312/pastor-hacks-banker-wife-death

Its ur choice 2 make!

tuscani:
THE ANGER OF A WOMAN.

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Bibors(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2016
tuscani:
I tot we dealt with this topic before. well this is my response again

Almost all the posts here are saying similar thing. if you really love this woman, take her for anger management/ therapy first. I have a guy now who is wishing that only if he knew about nairaland before getting married. You case will be more pathetic because you have been warned by your peers. After marriage you will soon realised that Love is not only the ingredient required to sustain a marriage.

THE ANGER OF A WOMAN

What is a contentious woman? One that likes to contend – who likes to argue, criticize, disagree, fight, oppose, or question. She is full of questions, reminders, and suggestions – all to help, of course. Rather than dote on you, she will nag; rather than sweetly agree, she will question and suggest alternatives , she is critical, moody, opinionated, or questioning– until you wish you were single in the woods.

The odious woman cannot smell herself. She thinks she is helpful by prodding, asking questions, stressing over details, giving reminders, expecting perfection, or disliking a choice. If you were to ask her, she would say she is a good woman and wife

What is an angry woman? She cannot rule her spirit and likes to fight. She is easily angered, dissatisfied, irritated, negative, or resentful. She can find something negative about any event, and she frets and talks most about that. She is not satisfied. She is hardly ever content, seldom your sweet lover, but always irritated and stressed out.

You are sure a psychologist by experience. The best description ever of women that men can never live with. They are really good women from the outside trying to make things work but in reality they are sending their spouse to the corner of the roof top, the wilderness or another woman's arms and they later start asking " what have I done wrong? How haven't I tried to make this relationship work?

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Smylyn(m): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2016
traits of a bitch bros; nagging,keeping too much male friends,anger,taking cover under religion,always making u believe u're not understanding,it's always your fault.bros be very calm with her make her tell u about her past,I mean how she survive while she was abandoned and left alone.bros,u need to know that before u can know how to handle her because from your story she keep male friends which you are ignoring because she always flare up when u complain
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Stkingsley(m): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2016
The truth is, she is not temperamental. I thought she damages things at home. I dated my wife for 5 years. We started as teenagers and she is hot hot tempered and I made the mistake of thinking she will change with time but she never did. If she gets angry in our outings, she will walk out from there. Video, TV, mirror, phone even engagement ring were the things she threw away due to being angered. Today, we are married with 2 beautiful kids. She's a disciplinarian, so my kids and maid are well behaved.
Right now she bought all the gadgets in the house and so has spared them even though she threatens to break them for me to replace. As for behavior, my wife is well behaved, a good cook, washes, tidies the house and in fact a perfectionist. Very good in and out of bed, everything you would want in a woman but make sure you don't provoke her. Whether in an occasion or anywhere. If car key is with her, make sure to go home with cab or vice versa.

My story is the best advice for you. You alone knows the degree of her temperament. But the truth is, she will not change it after marriage. You can call me for more counseling. I am married for 8 years. I 08034157602

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by knxpin(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2016
This is what I call deceit,
In life I came to realized that their is nothing like hot tempered. It is fallacy
People take advantage of others because they know that they can get away with the behavior. I moved to United States and came to realized this,life has set of rules that you follow even if you are hot or cold temper.
Your wife knows that she can get away with her behavior and that is the only reason she still portray such character.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Emmahunk(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2016
"This lady is the type every man needs. Religious, good cook, prayerful and she gives me advise on so many occasion."

Many are the afflictions of the righteous. You don't expect her to come 100% positively packaged. Hers, is simply the evil manipulations of 'spirit of anger' which is a minor thing before God. Take her to any true man of God for counseling and deliverance.
My dear brother, good women are rare to find, trust me. Don't loose this one.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by mykel25(m): 7:34am On Mar 22, 2016
People always have a reason(right or wrong) for their conduct. Have you sought an explanation for it? Dialogue Reveals What Intuition Cannot. It can birth remarkable and irreplaceable understanding
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by mykel25(m): 7:39am On Mar 22, 2016
Stkingsley:
The truth is, she is not temperamental. I thought she damages things at home. I dated my wife for 5 years. We started as teenagers and she is hot hot tempered and I made the mistake of thinking she will change with time but she never did. If she gets angry in our outings, she will walk out from there. Video, TV, mirror, phone even engagement ring were the things she threw away due to being angered. Today, we are married with 2 beautiful kids. She's a disciplinarian, so my kids and maid are well behaved.
Right now she bought all the gadgets in the house and so has spared them even though she threatens to break them for me to replace. As for behavior, my wife is well behaved, a good cook, washes, tidies the house and in fact a perfectionist. Very good in and out of bed, everything you would want in a woman but make sure you don't provoke her. Whether in an occasion or anywhere. If car key is with her, make sure to go home with cab or vice versa.

My story is the best advice for you. You alone knows the degree of her temperament. But the truth is, she will not change it after marriage. You can call me for more counseling. I am married for 8 years. I 08034157602

Bro! It Cuz u decided to cope...you can't teach someone on how to cope with stuffs like this....he can only decide he ll cope....the strength of a man lies in his power of WILL....his will to so ll make him be able to do it
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ngaal7: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2016
Friend, being religious and being Born again are two different thing. Friend, can two walk together except they be agree. Go back to the BIBLE. And seek proper guidance in the word. Jesus told Nicodemus Verily, verily I say unto you. "Ye must be Born again"!
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by xynerise: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2016
If you don't want your alarm to ring, don't set it.

Mencade5, na that type of woman fit you sef. Women basher paying for his crime against "Womanity" grin
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ALLPISHON: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2016
1) Get a senior godly and morally upright couple; i repeat couple to discuss this very issue of anger with her primarily
3) Pretend one day that you also are angry on an issue to the point that it may threaten the relationship (please, confide in someone before you embark on it) don’t listen to anybody if they advise you otherwise. But bear it in mind at each stage (prayerfully) that it is a journey of wisdom and not satanic anger. While this is on please be watchful of her actions and reaction. Is unfortunate that i have limited time.
4) If she does not change. I beg you in the name of the Lord (God knows i am praying for you even now). Please, please, please[b] DO NOT MARRY HER. Either way you will remember this piece.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ife01(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2016
YOU CANNOT CURTAIL IT!
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ALLPISHON: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
4) If she does not change. I beg you in the name of the Lord (God knows i am praying for you even now). Please, please, please[b] DO NOT MARRY HER. Either way you will remember this piece. You may contact 080 2474 41 41 for further guidance if only you are sincere.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by agrovick(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2016
Mencade5 my nigga, I dey see as them ladies they remind you of those days. Doh
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by bugativeron: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2016
x240:
it is not your job to treat her. She has a personal disorder and anger is the only way for her to show it.

What she needs is a psychiatrist to help her overcome her anger issues. You aren't qualified enough and since you play a dominant role in her life and you are a trigger for her anger period. You aren't suited to really help her effectively.

Visiting a mental health practitioner doesn't have to be only when someone is walking unclad on the streets.

She may have chemical imbalances which doubles her anxiety levels and causes such anger episodes and may be given long term medications, things to avoid to help her overcome this.

Her own characteristics is even peculiar as she always likes to make a scene by shouting and inviting third parties. Just a warning to you.... It would aggravate if you continue with her without seeking medical help. She would drag you outside and your neighborhood would have to come settle numerous quarrels and I fear you would spiral out of control one day. Slap her to calm her down or show your superior and things might spiral out of control. It's already happening(You blocking her hands from making phone calls) What wkuld be next? Lock her indoors and wrestle her to the floor so she can't cause a scene?

Truth is, this is not something you overcome in a day. It takes years to undo 20 years of attitude, environment and nature. Stay safe.

The best answer for you. You can't change her and if it is this way overtime she could become violent. Remember the Ibadan man case that was killed by his wife. Think very well before you go further in this proposal. You cannot change her but ask yourself if you can endure this flaw in marriage if no please pick race now.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Bheewhy(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
My candid and truth advice concerning this issue for you to is hold on to that proposal and if you know you want a final rest of mind in your marriage don't hook her because I understand fully the nature of women like that, they can destroy a whole life or even embarrassed you within the few moment they are angry but they might later regret but that doesn't stop them from causing the same nature of trouble afterwards. I think pastor is the perfect man for her to report you to for now, I will pray that it doesn't manifest into reporting to evil mind later in the course...A word is enof for the ****

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Biological Mother of President Goodluck Jonathan's Children / Lady Dies 2 Months After Her Wedding (Photos) / I Had Put An End To My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.