Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business (1004 Views)

Steps To Being Successful / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by klashe(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
When I grew up, Bruce Lee was one of my biggest role models, and he still is. He accomplished more in ten years than most people do in a lifetime. So I decided to gather Bruce Lee’s most inspirational quotes in one place.
The quotes below are what I believe it takes to live a successful life and have success in life and in business. These quotes will inspire, motivate, and encourage you to go after your dreams.
With all that said here are Bruce Lee’s top 20 tips for living a successful life.

1. Apply What You Learn

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”

How many people do you know that read a lot of books and spend a lot of time buying courses, but never apply the knowledge they learn?
You may even notice these tendencies in your life. It’s hard to take action and apply what you learn, because we’re all afraid of failure, and taking action can be paralyzing from time to time.
However, success in life or business doesn’t happen until you use the knowledge that you have inside of you. Most of us have exactly what we need to get to our goals, but we make excuses not to even get started.

2. Learn, Discard, Create

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.”

It’s all well and good to learn from others, but it’s not until you take action that you discover what works and doesn’t.
When you discover what doesn’t work, you simply discard it and keep going. When you keep moving forward, you will create your own path.
Living a successful life is all about experimenting and trying new things. The more things you try, the closer you will get to true success.

3. Simplicity

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance.”

If you can simplify your life, your goals, and your tasks, you will not only be happier, you will also get more done and be more successful.
It was not until I started focusing on one single task and one major goal in my life that I started seeing rapid results in the direction of my dreams.
If you’re trying to go after multiple things at once, you will end up accomplishing none of them. Pick one thing that’s the most important to you and go after that.
The funny thing about focusing on one goal is that it seems that you’re neglecting all the others aspects of your life, but when you focus on one goal, magically the other aspects of your life improve, sometimes dramatically.

4. Break Barriers

“Using no way as way, using no limitation as limitation.”

We all have negative beliefs that stop us from being as successful in life as we would like.
The only person holding you back is you. Once you become comfortable with overcoming your fears, you will start seeing dramatic success in your life.
One of the most common characteristics of successful people is that they are willing to try new things and face their fears. They are not fearless, they are merely willing to do what it takes.

5. Be Open-Minded

“Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”

There’s no right or wrong in the universe. It’s completely subjective.
Getting caught up in the drama of who is right or wrong or who is better than will only distract you from reaching your goals and creating a successful life.
Stay open to new possibilities, and the viewpoints of others. You can never know what you will learn when you explore things you at first thought were pure nonsense.

6. Contribute

“Real living is living for others.”

It wasn’t until I found my passion and started contributing to the world with my writing that I started feeling fulfilled.
We all have our unique gifts that we can use to make the world a better place. These are usually talents and skills you have that you are very good at, and that you like to do.
It doesn’t matter if you like to make jewelry or if you enjoy cooking, because everything is connected to everything else.
You are here to make a difference with the talents you have. There’s a reason why you are you.

7. Manage Your Time

“If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”

We are surrounded by distractions, such as e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook. They are great at connecting us to each other, but they distract us from what is truly important.
Learn to manage your time, and get the most valuable tasks done before you start to play.
You can often double, triple, or even quadruple your productivity by using just a few simple time management tips.
A good one that I use is to write down the three most important tasks for the next day before I go to bed.

8. Be Flexible

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

Life will throw curve balls at you, so you have to get used to being flexible. The more comfortable you can be with being uncomfortable, the faster you will grow as a human being and the more success you will have in life.
This is exactly what distinguishes successful people from unsuccessful ones. Successful people are more willing to be uncomfortable, because they know that that is the fastest path to their goals.
Whenever you bump into something that makes you feel bad, stay flexible, and find the positive in the situation. I’ve found that most of the problems in my life are blessings in disguise.
The only thing separating positivity from negativity is time.

9. Set Goals

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”

If you want to create your dream life, or start a business around your passion, you first have to know what you want. For the longest time I avoided setting goals, because I thought it was unnecessary.
It wasn’t until recently that I discovered that goal setting can not only make me more productive, it can also dramatically increase the clarity I have.
When you set goals, use the S.M.A.R.T criteria, which stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely goals.

10. Be Patient

“A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”

One of my weaknesses is my impatience. However, I’ve learned to channel my impatience into getting more done and being productive.
It’s also important to realize that most of the things that are truly valuable in life take time.
For example, I discovered that creating an online business usually takes anywhere from 3 to 5 years, if your goal is a full-time income.
Whatever you do, keep taking small steps each day toward your primary goal, and you will be surprised at how much you can accomplish in just a few years.

1 Like

Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by odiereke(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nice write up. I agreed with U.

1 Like

Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by klashe(m): 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thank you so much sir.
odiereke:
Nice write up. I agreed with U.
Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by kazyhm(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
I learn all these from "think and Grow rich"

1 Like

Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by klashe(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
This post was a guest post on my blog by henri juntila of wakeupcloud.com. It was originally written by him.
kazyhm:

I learn all these from "think and Grow rich"
Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by sinkernet: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
Love this!
If you are not afraid to be frustrated for lack of views in the initial stage, then, consider blogging about stuff like this.

1 Like

Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by klashe(m): 6:22am On Mar 22, 2016
sinkernet:
Love this!
If you are not afraid to be frustrated for lack of views in the initial stage, then, consider blogging about stuff like this.
Thanks a lot @sinkernet... one will never move forward if thinking about getting many views... but instead, all I want is to affect others with my post. Thanks again.
Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by Emasky4real(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op this post is wonderful. Applying the principles you shared in this post will of no doubt produce massive result. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Bruce Lee’s Top 20 Tips For Being Successful In Life And Business by klashe(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Emasky4real:
Op this post is wonderful. Applying the principles you shared in this post will of no doubt produce massive result. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Emma, we are here for each other and we should try and help others with what we are capable of.

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Job Interview That Held In Newton Park Hotel And Bolton White Hotel Abuja / Casual Workers And Markerters Needed In Abuja / URGENT!!! Please Help Me Confirm If This Interview Is For Real.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.