Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Reunion....(A Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reunion....(A Short Story) (23787 Views)

The Reunion. / Must Read: The Christmas Reunion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
heemah:

I had a nightmare sef! I just hope they are dreaming too...

Lol fear fear.

Mattkent:
I have a feeling that d killer is Yebonistar, the on air personality.

Lol omnibaddest

DandyPearl:
shocked Chisus!!! Can't believe this. Probably a bad dream and they'll all wake up Donkross1 dis piece is a scary one fah:-/ I can't even stay alone in my room angry

So u sef dey fear!

zeenab:
This is as scary as hell. but I don't think Isaiah is the culprit here. Waiting patiently to see how it unfolds

Really?

Jaytoy:
Reminds me of a film 21 or 27 can't remember..... So scary..... Ahhhhhhhhh somebody helpppppppppppppp.

Found help? cheesy
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Sweetyie(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
Op continue oh
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Plolly(f): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
donkross1:
Lol fear fear. Lol omnibaddest So u sef dey fear! Really? Found help? cheesy
o ti tun bere come and update no make me vex
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Sageez(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
donkross1, I love horror movies and storys. Boss you are good buh I believe you can do more.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Aayooba(f): 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mehn.
This kin horror feem.
Don't go and come o.

Oga kross, con finish am o. Make we know whether na die all of us go die last last. Atipe who be the jagaban we just dey eliminate person like this? Be like person wey dem don offend for sch time. Con reke all of una for reunion.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by labaski(f): 7:31am On Mar 25, 2016
I read rock5555's Friday the 13th, and i think this story too is about the same thing. It s a curse just as one of those gals said at d beginning of d nyt.. Btw, Donkross1, send me a whatsapp msg. My fone memory don wipe off.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
labaski:
I read rock5555's Friday the 13th, and i think this story too is about the same thing. It s a curse just as one of those gals said at d beginning of d nyt.. Btw, Donkross1, send me a whatsapp msg. My fone memory don wipe off.

Sent.

Aayooba:
Mehn.
This kin horror feem.
Don't go and come o.
Oga kross, con finish am o. Make we know whether na die all of us go die last last. Atipe who be the jagaban we just dey eliminate person like this? Be like person wey dem don offend for sch time. Con reke all of una for reunion.

Lool C.e.o Aayooba's blog, ah see you.

Sageez:
donkross1, I love horror movies and storys. Boss you are good buh I believe you can do more.

Oti ye e.

Plolly:

o ti tun bere come and update no make me vex

Lol you blood too dey hot sha.

Okay guys. Let me burst your bubbles.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
[b]

"If I can make it out of this place alive, I will tell the world of your bravery Ezra" Adunola said in her mind. She was still deep in thought but was brought back by a strike at the door. At first it was just a strike but seconds after there was another strike, then another one. Someone is actually knocking at the door, who could be knocking at the door, which of them is gonna die next, fear gripped them.

They all stayed mute and waited to see if the knocking will stop but it didn't, the intensity at which the was person knocking increased. Finally Brian as the only guy left among them summoned courage and moved closer to the door.

"Who is there" He asked authoritatively, trying to hide his fears.

There was no response, he waited for a while but there was still no response, he then decided to walk back to where he was seating, he saw how the girls were clinging unto each other in fear, he couldn't restrain himself from laughing.

"What is funny" Rofiat asked

"You girls need to see yourselves right now, how I wish I could snap you girls and caption it 'We dem girls' just like you girls do on Instagram and all" Brian replied.

Even in the midst of all these fears and horror, Brian could still find something worth laughing about. His sense of humour is above excellent. His jokes did actually work because the girls were beginning to be free from the terrors but the worst happened, there was a blast at the door and the door flew open. It all happened suddenly but they reacted with the same alacrity in which the door flung open. They all ran up the stairs with Brian right in front of them but something struck Brian's mind, he stopped abruptly and the girls stopped also wondering what made him stop.

"Run girls" Brian spoke

"What do you mean, are you not gonna run too" Adunola asked

"I will buy you time, you girls should go and hide yourselves" He replied

"We are not going anywhere without you" Rofiat

"If you wanna stay, then we gon stay here toged..." Khadijat was about to say but was interrupted by the footsteps on the stairs. She couldn't afford to finish the sentence before taking off alongside Rofiat and Adunola, they all went into different directions.

"If anyone of you survive this, tell the world my story, tell them how I waited for whatever was coming, tell them Brian was a great man" Brian shouted and started laughing afterwards, the sound of his laughter rocked the whole building but suddenly there was no more sounds. Brian had stopped laughing, his throat has been slit, he died laughing, laughing at whoever it was that was killing them, I can imagine how much his laughter must have angered the murderer. Rofiat ran to the balcony at the end of the corridor, she could feel the murderer coming, her hearts were pounding as fast as they could, she couldn't imagine herself been stabbed or skinned alive, she thought about what she could do, she wasn't done thinking when she saw a figure appear right in the hall way.

"Hey" She screamed at the person approaching her and for whatever reason, the murderer stopped halfway to hear her out.

"I won't give you the pleasure of watching me die" She added.

Before the murderer could take a step further, she threw herself from the balcony and fell to the concrete floor, her skull cracked. The murderer didn't bother checking out to confirm if she was dead or not because he was sure that there was no way she could have survived after falling from such height.

Khadijat eyes were filled with tears as she was picturing herself dead also, she wondered the kind of death the murderer will dish to her. Everything has just come to an end just like that, she regret ever reversing her decision about not coming to the reunion, she could have been in her home sleeping peacefully on her Queen's bed if she had not agreed to Dora's plea about coming to the reunion with her, she remembered Dora, how persuasive she could get if she really needed something, she wondered what her last words were before being murdered. At this time she was sobbing so loudly that even Adunola who was hiding in the toilet could hear her sobs. If Adunola that was four rooms away from the laundry room where Khadijat was could hear her sobbing, how then will the murderer not hear her voice.

Khadijat kept on thinking about everything that has happened, she remembered all the fun they had in the plane, she remembered the fun they had in the luxurious bus that brought them to the hotel, she remembered the faces of all her friends that are now dead, she remembered Ezra the drama queen, Sayo who really didn't care so much about life, she always live everyday of her life like it was her last. Sola who was a pilot and the only one among them that is married with a kid, she wondered how his wife will take the news when she hears about it. Hose who always disturb her to go and get married so her kids could call him Daddy-Hose. Brian the guy who died laughing and Adunola, she wondered if she was also waiting for the murderer just like she herself was waiting.

"What a reunion" she spoke to herself.

Adunola kept her hands on her mouth in order not to make any sound, she was staring at the mirror, looking at her reflection admirably, funny how she could still do that even at the point of death.

"Am I just gon wait here and wait for this idiot to come and kill me" She asked herself.

Immediately she sneaked to the door and slowly turn the lock, just as she was about to open the door, she heard Khadijat screaming. Regardless she still opened the door and ran downstairs, Khadijat voice could not be heard any more. She was sure that Khadijat has been murdererd too and she is the next to die. She got outside the building and saw the body of a man lying right at the door, she was baffled because she already saw Hose and Brian's body by the stairways when she was running down, she could also see Sola's body lying ahead. Who then is this lying in front of her, she moved closer and saw that it was Isaiah's body, he had been stabbed with a knife.

"It wasn't Isaiah after all" She said.

She was still staring into his body and trying to fight the guilt of not trusting Isaiah when she heard footsteps from inside the house, she took to her heels immediately, she kept running on a very lonely road till she was out of breath, she decided to walk into the bush by the road and rest for a while before continuing her race. Everything didn't make sense anymore, that was Isaiah's body she just saw.

"He must have been the one knocking the door the other time, who then is killing all of them" She spoke softly.

She started feeling like she had company she felt the presence of people around her, fear gripped her more.

"It's over" she thought to herself

She started hearing strange sounds, she said her last prayers and closed her eyes. She opened them minutes later and saw people standing around her, her vision was blurry she couldn't see their faces but she could see their mouth moving, it took her time before she realised that they were singing.

"For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow. For she's a jolly good fellow and so say all of us! " They all sang

She could now see that it was her ex classmates, they were singing for her because it's her birthday and yes she has been dreaming.

"Happy birthday" They all chorused again.

"Ohh it was just a dream" Adunola said barely audibly.

"You said what" Sola asked.

"Never mind but guys wait, where is Sayo" She asked but before they could reply her, Sayo walked into the room with a bunch of Banana in her hand.

"Happy birthday honey" Sayo said as she offered her the banana which Adunola received, Others also presented their gifts to her.

"Thanks so much guys" Said Adunola.

"I hope you didn't have any nightmare about the Friday the 13th you spoke about yesterday" Brian joked and they all laughed.

"Babe get dressed and meet us downstairs so we can get the party started" Hose said.

"Guys"

She called out as they were about leaving her room to give her space to bath and dress up. They all turned back to listen to what she had to say.

"I love you all" She said as she ran towards all of them and hugged them, they all hugged each other. They thought she was just moved because of the birthday greeting and gifts they gave her but basically it was because of the dream she had, she realised she actually love them more than she had thought.

THE END.

[/b]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by heemah(f): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I knew it! Dandypearl we said it! It has to be a dream! This is too bloody to be true!
Gosh!! Donkross1, you are The Man!! *thumbs up*
May you always increase in knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by DandyPearl(f): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
heemah:
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I knew it! Dandypearl we said it! It has to be a dream! This is too bloody to be true!
Gosh!! Donkross1, you are The Man!! *thumbs up*
May you always increase in knowledge.
ameen heemah. sebi I said it nah. See henn donkross1 heemah and I know you too much. We knoe ure too loyal miliki to kill all those feofle grin. Btw Adunola mind yourself ooo angry which kain foolish dream be datundecided
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Scary af... Nice work boss. Short and Nice.

Lalasticlala wink.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by AustinBlinks(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Awesome! Donkross, absolutely awesome! Hoping to write an horror plot too..you might wanna check out my story too...... www.nairaland.com/2727109/love-leave-story-series
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Olibboy: 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jesus Is lord sha
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by compoundcc: 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
[size=38pt]Is this a tail that appear in the sky in Ondo state

Why is Ondo state getting low allocation than other state

[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-EYroyv5KlVo/Ua3hD-d1yxI/AAAAAAAABH8/j7-evTGqsnQ/s1600/267690_1969799280683_1180112_n.jpg[/img]
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by chibyz(m): 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
nice story line,but learn how to punctuate your dialogues. i want you to also learn how to show instead of telling. when you said music was playing, it would have been nice if you mentioned the title of the song.but nice one dear,you are growing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Bishops10(m): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Ouch......imagine the time am reading this story

Thumbs up writer
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by DrayZee: 12:13am On Mar 26, 2016
I was reading this stuff...Then NEPA took light!
Remain small tin I for just run comot house. Dis story is wicked.
Na to enter Jokes section go clear my mind remain.
Nice writeup!

1 Like

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by alphajerus(m): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2016
if only I could see the author of this great fiction I promise him my thumbs up!!! ur the man .I love ur work pls keep the torch on...alphajerus
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Geedhey(m): 12:31am On Mar 26, 2016
couldn't read this short piece and keep quiet... I say thumbs up & well done. Enjoyed every bit of it. More Grace
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by teepsee(f): 12:52am On Mar 26, 2016
So wasted my time reading some poo dreams.

Nice one man. Thumbs up
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Donsheddy: 1:14am On Mar 26, 2016
Nice one
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by olalekan9320(m): 1:47am On Mar 26, 2016
an interesting stoorry
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by iamdeejayscar(f): 3:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Not complete sir.... please oh
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by iamdeejayscar(f): 4:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Jeezzz.... super interesting but you need an editor grin
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by virtuedagirl(f): 4:35am On Mar 26, 2016
A beautiful but scary piece thank God say na just nightmare.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 5:55am On Mar 26, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Awesome! Donkross, absolutely awesome! Hoping to write an horror plot too..you might wanna check out my story too...... www.nairaland.com/2727109/love-leave-story-series

Reserve seats for me and my pack, we coming there.

Thanks though.

1 Like

Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 5:59am On Mar 26, 2016
virtuedagirl:
A beautiful but scary piece thank God say na just nightmare.

wink

iamdeejayscar:
Jeezzz.... super interesting but you need an editor grin

Make I employ you na cheesy

iamdeejayscar:
Not complete sir.... please oh

I dey come cheesy

olalekan9320:
an interesting stoorry

Donsheddy:
Nice one

teepsee:
So wasted my time reading some poo dreams.
Nice one man. Thumbs up

Geedhey:
couldn't read this short piece and keep quiet... I say thumbs up & well done. Enjoyed every bit of it. More Grace

alphajerus:
if only I could see the author of this great fiction I promise him my thumbs up!!! ur the man .I love ur work pls keep the torch on...alphajerus

Thanks guys, am glad you guys liked it.
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by donkross1(m): 6:05am On Mar 26, 2016
Olibboy:
Jesus Is lord sha

Amen

DrayZee:
I was reading this stuff...Then NEPA took light!
Remain small tin I for just run comot house. Dis story is wicked.
Nice writeup!

cheesy cheesy fear fear.

Bishops10:
Ouch......imagine the time am reading this story
Thumbs up writer

Lol

chibyz:
nice story line,but learn how to punctuate your dialogues. i want you to also learn how to show instead of telling. when you said music was playing, it would have been nice if you mentioned the title of the song.but nice one dear,you are growing.

If you are talking about the music in the car, I did mention the title but all the same thanks boss smiley.

compoundcc:
[size=38pt]Is this a tail that appear in the sky in Ondo state
Why is Ondo state getting low allocation than other state
[/size]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-EYroyv5KlVo/Ua3hD-d1yxI/AAAAAAAABH8/j7-evTGqsnQ/s1600/267690_1969799280683_1180112_n.jpg[/img]

Na you gaangaan I be wan quote since grin. Bros you misplace this your comment here abi na intentional, if na the latter oya make we ask Gej cheesy
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by Nicolars(m): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Wow seriously, I usually get bored with stories but seriously, I enjoyed this. Nice work
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by heniford(m): 7:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Nice one bro
Re: The Reunion....(A Short Story) by amokeme(f): 8:45am On Mar 26, 2016
DrayZee:
I[b] was reading this stuff...Then NEPA took light!
Remain small tin I for just run comot house[/b]. Dis story is wicked.
Nice writeup!
Lol fear fear cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangerous Love (18+) / The Deadly Seduction (A Steamy Romance) / May, 2004 (a True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.