Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Best Way To Discover Your Talent - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Way To Discover Your Talent (451 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / What's The Best Way To Transfer Money To Nigeria Online? / How To Discover Your Destiny, Right Career And 3-5 Businesses That Best Fit You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Discover Your Talent by heywhytech1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Research has shown us that 95% of people died without discovering their talent, even out of the remaining 5% that discovered their talent , 65% were hampered either by resources or by giving excuses. I myself, it took me decades to find out that I was good at writing, it was never a skill that I know I had, since I never had a good grade in English when I was in Secondary school (VCC) but today I have ditched out thousands of contents on difference freelancer’s blog , before I open my first blog “www.heywhyzo.com “ now “ www.alukoro..com” . As we all desire to be great, there come the need to discover our God given talents, you need to realize what set you apart from everyone else is your unique personality with all the special talents and strengths that you posses. You are the biggest asset that you could ever have, you are like nobody else, you are unique.
What inspired this write-up came from an encounter with a friend of mine, I was used by God to assisted her to discovered her talents, just on a sunny day like that, I asked her what are talents are and she was blunt with her response by telling me that she didn’t know. Through me she discovered her talents was fashion , today she owns one of the best fashion house in Ilorin. Are you ready to follow the path she followed to discovered are talent? If yes, continue reading.
WHAT THRILLED YOU AS A CHILD?
Take two minutes and recall your most joyous memories from elementary school. What made those moments so enjoyable? What were the common threads?
Were you highly competitive as a 9-years old? Maybe you loved soccer and couldn’t wait for recess everyday. You lived for it. You cherished that moment you could run out to the practice field and start competing. Or maybe you enjoyed working on big competitive, team-oriented projects? Your friends loved it when you were in their group, you had a knack for nudging the whole team’s grade from B- to A. You relished these opportunities. It was thrilling.
As you ponder these childhood memories consider what similar activities thrill you as an adult.
You may still be highly competitive, but now you’re connecting to win new business for your start-up. You may still love complex, Strategic projects, but now you do it for an international consulting firm.
Why do we make certain choices and enjoy certain activities? Why are we better at something than others?
If you have ever taken the “ Strengths finder assessment, you know that a “talent theme” is naturally recurring pattern thought, feeling or behavior that can be productively applied.
Understanding your unique talents gives you answers to these questions, your unique talents show you why you make certain choices, enjoy certain activities and are better at some things than others. In fact, there’s only a 1 in 33million chance you have the same top 5-talent themes as another person!
So, understand that what thrilled you as a grade school student and what thrills you as an adult are actually very similar.
You are just using those same talent themes :.Competition and strategic in different environments.
What work tasks today most closely resemble that joy you felt 20, 30 years ago.
Find ways to tilt your work today toward that moment that thrilled you from yesterday.
YOU LOSE TRACK OF TIME :
Imagine this , Its 9:00am Saturday morning, your time is your own, no soccer games, no carpool, no TPS report , somehow, you have a free calendar for a few hours.
You begin a favorite activity, maybe its playing guitar or gardening or writing that novel. Maybe its cool python for that personnel pet project you started months ago.
This activity, whenever you do it , pulls you in like a tractor beam. Your mind, body and intuition begin working in perfect symmetry.
You lose track of time, before you know it, its 12:30 and you haven’t even thought about lunch yet.
What if work was just as fulfilling as your Saturday morning side project? Is it even possible to capture and harness that magic.
Yes- take very close note of moments like this , if you are so captivated in an activity that you lose track of time, you are experiencing one of the key symptoms of flow. And if you are experiencing any amount of flow on a project, you are most likely also using one or more of your natural talents.
WHAT DO YOU YEARN TO DO ?
What fire is burning inside of you at this very moment, there is never been an easier time in the course of human history to begin fulfilling your life’s mission than right now.
Do you love writing? Cool. Start a blog, can you sing? Enter studio, can you dance? Join a chorography group, do you love cooking? Start a restaurant , etc. May almighty God help us all. Remember , Education is not just knowledge but action, take action today.
SOURCE: www.alukoro..com
Re: Best Way To Discover Your Talent by youngaz(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Well well well ave discovered my talent long long ago nd i tank God 4 dat...itz actually running...especially 100/200 meters....i won d title 4 d best runner in Jss3 nd Sss1 bt couldn't defend d title in ss2 so i didn't even bother 2 run in ss3

(1) (Reply)

Branding! Copywriting! Selling With WORDS / Nigerian Tech And Biz Startup / Nigeria, MTN & Bungled Regulation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.