Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question (53938 Views)

Jones Fayose Flies In From Canada To Welcome Atiku In Ekiti. Photos / Inec Declares Victor Umeh Winner Of Anambra Central Rerun Election / Rivers Rerun: APC Rally For Abe In Rivers State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by chigoizie7(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
ihatesycophant:
You did a wrong illustration, this case you illustrated is just secondary. The main thing is power tussle in South south because of the lost of Jonathan. They are still bitter that some of their brothers sold the presidency to APC and Buhari. Let me tell you the truth today, if PDP fielded a mad man, such mad person would win election because of emotional feelings that Jonathan was betrayed by some south south elements. Your illustration may even work for the state assembly because Wike need to have control of the assembly not to have same fate that almost befell Amaechi that they wanted to use four legislators to impeach him. By standard all the people fielded by APC have been tested, tried and trusted to be better by far than the one fielded by PDP but because of the sentiment of Joanthan losing out of the presidency the feud still linger in their hearts, especially in Rivers state. Also remember since 1999 south south have not had strong oppositions, it has always been arrangement, this is where we're going and no one should counter it.

U just said it all, "even if pdp fielded a mad man" the people of rivers will still vote for him.

In your word, south south is taking a revenge on Apc/amechi for ratting thier brother GEJ"

The last time I checked, democracy is by the people and for the people, and is determined by the highest number of votes by th people(peoples choice). So if the people of rivers has decided to cast their votes for a pdp mad man, what right has Apc to question the peoples wills?

Why is APC so power hungry for rivers seats?
Why will APC not allow the will of rivers people(taking revenge,in your word)

Why is APC doing it the way of "do or die" if they are not desperate to protect something that will cost them dearly?

Why must APC clamour to take rivers by force against the will of the electorates?

Also in your words, if the people of south south (rivers) are pro PDP,seeking revenge and always willing to vote pdp's mad men. Do u think wike will be bothered? knowing that the people of rivers will still vote for his mad men?

Those are your words, wike is trying to avert future impeachment.

But just as u also said, that river's would still vote a pdp mad man, which means, they will still vote in favour of wike and co.
If the impeachment saga is d only thing Apc is after @ state level, then, why are they desperate to win rivers?

I will give u another twist, Apc is desperate for rivers, because they need money, they lost akwa ibom, the next other rich oil state is rivers with fat allocations. Bear in mind that Apc is bankrupt and they can't disturb buhari for funds to run the party, they resorted to states, but they can't go to states running a deficit budget like osun,imo and co.
All they have is lagos, they need a back bone.
And they want rivers by all means, because they lost akwa ibom.

All these are speculations.

3rd.

We all knew about the battle between amaechi and wike considering the accusations on looted rivers fund to fund pmb's elections. Do u think wike will let that go?

2015 elections, wike won(by whatever means).there was a re-run, wike also won. Then the court cases, supreme Court also handed wike the victory, we all know the authority commanded by "supreme court".

In this case, amaechi knew that the only way to avert the impending loom from wike is to get him out of rivers states government and install his stooge to cover up for their crimes.

The next other plan is to shoot him with impeachment bullets. But how can he achieve that? Only if he controls the state assembly.
Anyway u look @ it, amaechi is desperate in one side, apc is also desperate on the Federal level.

because as u already pointed out, rivers would have voted for pdp's mad man in all honesty and probity, therefore wike has nothing to loose.(so, why must he be desperate as to spill blood?) for something u pointed out will eventually go in his favour with your "revenge speculation"
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by sanityerujeje: 8:20am On Mar 22, 2016
I tot the common sense senator also asked the Same question But there were calling him a twitter senator
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by okorune(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2016
Deadlytruth:
We are where we are today because Nigerians don't answer questions correctly. A simple question is asked about remuneration for elective offices and the answers given by 95% of respondents are answers to another question entirely. Only the guy up there that referred the British ambassador to Lord Lugard said something related to the question. Anyway I as well blame Luggard for the useless amalgamation and Zik too for his blind and irritating one Nigeria.

Even you, cleverly ended up answering d wrong question. D question is about legislators pay not amalgamation. It is on record that even those countries that were neither colonized or amalgamated do have these challenges.
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by salam1(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
INEC under Buhari is nothing to write home about. Buhari is a disastrous failure.

He has successfully killed the gains and legacies left behind by Jonathan. What a failure buhari is.
keep hating all I know u and ur paymasters will vomit wat u take unlawfully from ur nation treasury, b4 next election by people will bow ur head in shame. Remember u never thought he will win d election same u wount know how he will transform d nation positively. Keep hating
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by naijathings(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
nice one bro, I've been waiting for the person who will say it. I'm impressed. I am a huge fan of Enya. I believe you are too.

I have Every Song, Every Album (even d latest) , Every Video, Making of the videos.... Yep, I am.
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by mrdba: 9:18am On Mar 22, 2016
wadetaw202:
All of you are funny sha!!!

You all left the topic of discuss and started pointing fingers at amechie, buhari, PDP.

This man was actually asking a core question, but you are all acting like easily distracted and politically blinded foooools.

The problem is not about amechi, wike or buhari; it is about the millions of dollars received by legislooters every year.

If the huge monthly pay is cut to 1/3rd, this violence will cease without delay.

Thanks bro... I wonder why some funny fellas will always use every opportunity to attack others. I really feel for this country, when we cannot constructively solve a problem rather we make it a political issue... especially the youth who I believe should know better...

1 Like

Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by marabout(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2016
papaejima1:
At least everybody now knows Buhari was, is and will always be empty.
So tomorrow, nobody will come and say the man would have rescued Nigeria if voted into power.

He will forever be remembered as the Nigerian president with the enviable record of failing as a military dictator and also failing as a democratic president.

Unenviable you meant.

This might surprise some people but not those of us who warned earlier. We were called Tanoids.

There's no evidence that Buhari bettered himself in anyway after leaving prison/detention. Not through business, further education, conferences, charity work, international mediation, book publication, etc.

All he did was divorce his late first wife, return to cattle rearing/Miyetti Allah, professing his commitment to Sharia and infamously telling a Southwest Governor " Your people are killing my people". When South West people defended themselves against Fulani herdsmen. No wonder the herdsmen are murderously audacious under his regime.
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by salam1(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2016
Deadlytruth:
We are where we are today because Nigerians don't answer questions correctly. A simple question is asked about remuneration for elective offices and the answers given by 95% of respondents are answers to another question entirely. Only the guy up there that referred the British ambassador to Lord Lugard said something related to the question. Anyway I as well blame Luggard for the useless amalgamation and Zik too for his blind and irritating one Nigeria.
c pot calling kettle black how does ur comment differ from d numerous ones above
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by gbishman: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Il think the answer lies in making govt. attractive bringing people with genuine ideas idea together
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by Deadlytruth(m): 10:21am On Mar 22, 2016
okorune:

Even you, cleverly ended up answering d wrong question. D question is about legislators pay not amalgamation. It is on record that even those countries that were neither colonized or amalgamated do have these challenges.

I implicitly made it clear that I did not set out to answer any question but to chide those who deviated from the question and then I lamented at the root cause of the divisive atmosphere responsible for why Nigerians don't answer questions correctly which itself was answer to the diplomat's question. Let me break it down for you: Lugardian Amalgamation and Zikist One Nigeria concepts led to the loopsided system which does not foster accountability as regards anything including resources and funds administration. With true federalism which translates to multiple Nigeria and a level of de-amalgamation resource control will be established and there will be no more excess funds to make larger than life budgets for senators, reps and other elective offices thus politics will lose its allure and the do-or-die element will wither. Get it now?
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by jay2smart19(m): 10:28am On Mar 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Were Amaechi and Wike contesting for any legislative post on Saturday?

What happened in Rivers State has nothing to do with salaries of Legislators rather it was a clash of power between APC with their Federal might and PDP supported by the populace.
wat is happening in d state is foolishness by all frm d state.
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by Deadlytruth(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2016
salam1:
c pot calling kettle black how does ur comment differ from d numerous ones above

Let me help you a little.
The amalgamation and One Nigeria concept make the difference. Also I neither blamed Wike or Amaechi because the battle for supremacy between these two together with bogus remuneration for elective offices are merely symptoms of the careless Lugardian amalgamation and Zik's "one Nigeria" slogan which was and still is a mere euphemism for this fraudulent unitary system in place. A return to federalism will guarantee a multiple Nigeria and ensure a level of de-amalgamation leading to resource control thus the availability of very little funds at the centre from which these jumbo allowances can't be proposed let alone approved for senators and reps or even state LGA level elective office holders.
Get it now?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by chiskito(f): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Amaechi has be given an appointment at the Federal likewise dakuku please and please they should kindly leave rivers state for peace to reign
Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by zizoo36: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
INEC under Buhari is nothing to write home about. Buhari is a disastrous failure.

He has successfully killed the gains and legacies left behind by Jonathan. What a failure buhari is.
All because he defeated the ineffectual buffoon. Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question by papaejima1: 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
marabout:

Unenviable you meant.

This might surprise some people but not those of us who warned earlier. We were called Tanoids.

There's no evidence that Buhari bettered himself in anyway after leaving prison/detention. Not through business, further education, conferences, charity work, international mediation, book publication, etc.

All he did was divorce his late first wife, return to cattle rearing/Miyetti Allah, professing his commitment to Sharia and infamously telling a Southwest Governor " Your people are killing my people". When South West people defended themselves against Fulani herdsmen. No wonder the herdsmen are murderously audacious under his regime.
Thanks for the correction bro, but the use of the word was intentional. Both failures are great achievements from a born failure whose only passion is to rear cows and see people suffer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change / APC Supporters React As President Tinubu Appoints Obidient As Special Assistant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.