Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,210 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Meaning Of The Message - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meaning Of The Message (617 Views)

The Christian Message Is The Message Of The Blood! / Meaning Of Cutting Firewood In The Dream / America Is FREAKING OUT Over The Message Spotted On Stephen Curry’s New Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of The Message by newnature: 5:12am On Mar 22, 2016
Everybody believes or supposed to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that is not the message that saves. It is understanding the meaning of that message that saves today.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by ATMC(f): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2016
Where did the bible say it is 'understanding the meaning' that saves?
Re: Meaning Of The Message by newnature: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2016
ATMC:
Where did the bible say it is 'understanding the meaning' that saves?

Read Romans, because we did not gain our new identity in Christ by being good, but rather by believing on what God accomplished, he justifies the ungodly. God counts the faith of the one who agrees with him as to the reality of their own unworthiness, and the fact that they must be justified by God’s gift decree, God counts that person’s faith as being that person’s righteousness.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by Scholar8200(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2016
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 and that[b] he was buried,[/b] and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures
1 Corinth 15:1-4
Re: Meaning Of The Message by newnature: 10:15am On Mar 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 and that[b] he was buried,[/b] and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures
1 Corinth 15:1-4

The inevitable result of God’s grace to the believer is true peace, because every believer is without blame before him in love. God sees us in Christ, and Christ was blameless. Sin is not the question anymore, reconciliation is the link that connects Grace and Peace.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by Scholar8200(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:

The inevitable result of God’s grace to the believer is true peace, because every believer is without blame before him in love
The inevitable result of God's Grace is thus described:

For the [size=14pt]grace of God[/size] that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
titus 2:11,12

. God sees us in Christ, and Christ was blameless. Sin is not the question anymore, reconciliation is the link that connects Grace and Peace.
Then please call on ALL the Apostles to edit their Epistles because your statement contradicts them.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Message by ATMC(f): 10:48am On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:

Read Romans, because we did not gain our new identity in Christ by being good, but rather by believing on what God accomplished, he justifies the ungodly. God counts the faith of the one who agrees with him as to the reality of their own unworthiness, and the fact that they must be justified by God’s gift decree, God counts that person’s faith as being that person’s righteousness.
So you believed Paul's letters than Jesus' words? Show me a single scripture that said it is the understanding of death and resurrection of Christ will make you saved.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by ATMC(f): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Scholar8200:

For the [size=14pt]grace of God[/size] that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Then please call on ALL the Apostles to edit their Epistles because your statement contradicts them.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by newnature: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Scholar8200:

Reconciliation has to do with God’s justice being satisfied for sins, and that means all of them and that means for all the world, reconciliation is a sin issue.

Reconciliation and sanctification are not one and the same, they are two different truths.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by newnature: 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
ATMC:
So you believed Paul's letters than Jesus' words? Show me a single scripture that said it is the understanding of death and resurrection of Christ will make you saved.

We are not the sign nation, and we have not become the assumers and fulfillers of God’s program with that sign-nation. Many think we have, that program has been placed on hold while God completes his plan and purpose for the saints of this dispensation.

The very blood that was to initiate Israel’s New Covenant, we have a fellowship in that, we have a communion with that blood, it’s the blood that redeemed us as well.

Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel!

But a ransom for ALL was not testified until Paul proclaimed it, the revelation of the secret, which was kept secret since the world began.
Re: Meaning Of The Message by Scholar8200(m): 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:

Reconciliation has to do with God’s justice being satisfied for sins, and that means all of them and that means for all the world, reconciliation is a sin issue.

Reconciliation and sanctification are not one and the same, they are two different truths.
You talk of reconciliation? When we are reconciled with God through Christ, this will be the result:

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled,
Colossians 1:21-23

RED: In the past you were enemies and that was manifested by a sinful life, this was before you were reconciled
BLUE: After being reconciled, there is a change and holiness becomes a lifestyle
PURPLE: It is conditional (IF), you have a part to continue in that faith and its fruit

(1) (Reply)

Bible Proof That "Jesus Is God" / The Wrong Mathematics Of Good Friday By Christian / When Actually Is The World Coming To An End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.