Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger (7315 Views)

6 Reasons Your Website Is Not Generating Traffic And How To Fix Them / Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger / Why Wordpress Is The Most Popular CMS Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by benatex(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2016
When you want to create a blog, you get confused on which blogging platform to choose. Is it going to be WordPress or Blogger??
Now, when we talk about creating a blog from the professional front, WordPress is a very good choice. WordPress is a self hosted blog and there are so many things you can do on it which you can’t do on a Blogger blog.

Blogger and WordPress offers free blogging platform which is a nice way to start your blogging career, though certainly not the best. Free blogging platforms have some limitations unlike a self hosted WordPress blog

A lot of bloggers do migrate from Blogger to WordPress. As said above, Blogger is a nice blogging platform to start your blogging career, but for long run a self hosted blog is what you should select and in this post I will state why WordPress blog is better than free Blogger blog.

WordPress vs Blogger
As i said above, a lot of bloggers migrate from Blogger to WordPress after they realize they have limitations and are aware of the downsides of using Blogger and it is no doubt that WordPress offers all the features which Blogger doesn’t.

1. Control over your blog
Blogger is owned by Google hence there are chances that they can delete your Blogger account without warning you. Even if you buy a domain name, chances are high that if spammers use feature flag as spam and report your blog as spam, Google might remove your blog and you know how tragic that would be. This is quite a problem that Blogger users face. Hence, I recommend you use WordPress if you want control over your blog

2. Search Engine Optimization
Every blogger loves traffic, hence it is the first and last thing any blogger will look for. Search engine optimization (SEO) simply means optimizing your blog for search engines(especially Google) and also getting traffic from search engine.
Comparing WordPress and Blogger, WordPress gives you more options to optimize your blog for search engine where as in Blogger you are limited to certain settings.
WordPress is blessed with so many features like plugin and a very strong community where you can get support. WordPress makes your life easy downloading and installing plugins for everything you need. By using WP plugins, you can achieve anything.
You can go over to WordPress and search ‘Recommended Plugins’

3. Reputation
Most people see don’t really see Blogger with a very great eye, this is actually their perception because they see you as a cheap blogger and all. When they sight a WordPress blog, they see you as a very serious blogger and they believe you paid for the service.

4. Themes/Templates
Blogger offers many templates (check www.bttemplates.com) but on WordPress, you will discover many unlimited themes, both free and premium(check themeforest.com).
Moreover, since you have access to the FTP details, you can change the complete look and feel of your WordPress theme.

5. AdSense
AdSense is the pillar for any blogger who is looking forward to monetize his or her blog. Years ago,users of Blogger found it pretty much easy to get their AdSense account approved by Google but now, it’s a very hard task. On WordPress,having a domain email address will help get your blog approved is very easily,now that is another advantage of a self hosted WordPress blog.

6. Blog Reselling
Google doesn’t allow reselling of Blogger blogs but on WordPress you are free to resell your self hosted WordPress blog

http://www.tweak.com.ng/6-reasons-why-wordpress-is-better-than-blogger/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Moz22: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wow..first to comment. Ayam so proud of myself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
In addition to what the OP already listed, WordPress has always been better than Blogger IMO. Most people on Blogger are newbies who are still trying to get a hang of how the whole blogging thing works. Those pro bloggers who are still with Blogger are mostly those who were lucky their blog became popular while they were still learning. Most professionals looking to start up a new blog go for WordPress because that's where you'll have full control.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by DJBIGGY(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Point about even if one buys a domain in number one. Even if your blog is deleted, you are the sole owner of your domain (for those that do not buy domain from Google). So if it is deleted , u can open another blog and attach same domain so no shaking.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by gbens2000(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
I intend to use that word press too am thinking host haligator.i think something like that sha still doing my research sha buh nyce info thanks
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
I ConCur
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hi nice interesting post I use wordpress here http://www.ttsng.com

and it has been much more easier over the years to tweek and add new things Blogger seems more focused on the writing aspect than templates so traditional writers will favor that

I love WordPress

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Hairstyle27: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Yeah it is true buh blogger is easy to navigate nd just der sha, tho i love wordpress

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by DJBIGGY(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
PayPalKing:
In addition to what the OP already listed, WordPress has always been better than Blogger IMO. Most people on Blogger are newbies who are still trying to get a hang of how the whole blogging thing works. Those pro bloggers who are still with Blogger are mostly those who were lucky their blog became popular while playing with their Blogger blog. Most professionals looking to start up a new blog go for WordPress because that's where you'll have full control.

I happily use blogger and I ain't gat ish with it. Well as u said, most people are newbies to blogging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Howmon: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
You should have included tumblr in your comparison it's great for SEO.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by nairagossip: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
but www.042express.com is built on blogger platfrom yet it looks like wordpress!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by SageTravels: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
NEXT NEWS COUNTER THREAD. IF YOU CONCUR WITH ME HIT LIKE. THE MORE THE LIKES THE FASTER YOU SEE COUNTER THREAD

OK. I want a counter thread so that i will decide.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Opistorincos(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
I knw all thgese but I can't leave blogger cos wordpress is complex
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by hottathanfire(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
You just said the truth from heaven.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Its easy to get traffic with blogger

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by CLOUDGOSSIPS(m): 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
I am a Blogger and I blog at www.cloudgossips.com and that's BLOGGER.

You need see how much I have made.

Blogger is Cool.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by viviangist2: 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wordpress the The god.

But Blogger users can migrate to wordpress without loosing any File or Google Rank

Email me to connect you to the person who can do that for you. ie my web master. Lol !!
He is Good. Still Vivian Gist.

Email me: Viviangist.com@gmail.com Now. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by chichriso: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
I prefer Blogger over WordPress
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by emmyw(m): 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wordpress Is Always The Best
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by erekoshe: 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
I agree WordPress is better but your reasons are weak..

1. You've got a lot of control on blogger, except you're doing something illegal.

2. Blogger had better search engine optimization.. Google is search engine.. Hello? With limited knowledge, blogger will help

3. That's if you are still using .. You can use a custom domain, remember?
4. Themes? U have no idea on how u can modify blogger.. U wouldn't have said this
5. AdSense really?? Google owns blogger and AdSense, integration is seamless

6. I can always sell d domain name.. Nobody care abt ur themes and design.. Its the name they want.

Yes I agree WordPress is better, but ur points are not valid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by wizkidblogger(f): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hmnnn.....

1. Your WordPress host can also delete your blog if you mess up. Hackers can also easily delete it as we all know that it's easier to hack WordPress blogs compared to blogger. The most important thing is to back up regularly whether you are using Blogger or WordPress.

2. So, if you install seo plugins on your WordPress blog, you will instantly rank higher huh? Iffa hear.

Blogger blogs rank fine in search engines. You don't need complicated settings. Submit sitemap.XML, use blogger permalinks, set search description, tweak title meta, follow basic seo rules etc and you are good to go.

3. Reputation? No advertiser cares if you are using Blogger or WordPress. What matters to them is how much traffic and awareness they can get through your site.

More coming soon....

Blogger is free. You won't have to worry about server downtime, bandwidth limit etc + you won't have to worry about the dollar to Naira exchange rate whenever you want to renew your web hosting ...eh eh

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by emmyw(m): 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
CLOUDGOSSIPS:
I am a Blogger and I blog at www.cloudgossips.com and that's BLOGGER.

You need see how much I have made.

Blogger is Cool.
Your Blog Is just 11 Months Old And It's Not Getting Much Traffic!!! Work On The Mobile View

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by emmyw(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
oluface:
Its easy to get traffic with blogger
Wordpress Is 50% SEO Optimized.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by emmyw(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
erekoshe:
I agree WordPress is better but your reasons are weak..

1. You've got a lot of control on blogger, except you're doing something illegal.

2. Blogger had better search engine optimization.. Google is search engine.. Hello? With limited knowledge, blogger will help

3. That's if you are still using .. You cab use a custom domain, remember?
4. Themes? U have no idea on how u can modify blogger.. U wouldn't have said this
5. AdSense really?? Google owns blogger and AdSense, integration is seamless

6. I can always sell d domain name.. Nobody care abt ur themes and design.. Its the name they want.

Yes I agree WordPress is better, but ur points are not valid

1. You Also Have Full Control On Wordpress.

2. Wordpress Is 50% SEO Optimized On It Own.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by Benjom(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
I quite agree with you.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by erekoshe: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
emmyw:

1. You Also Have Full Control On Wordpress.

2. Wordpress Is 50% SEO Optimized On It Own.

May I know which control you lack on blogger? U can reprogram blogger, mind u

2. Optimization is a different ball game, leave the 50% ish... At onset, blogger is more optimized
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
WordPress is king.... because you can use it for different type of websites.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger by ihesiuloa(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nice article,would definitely get a wordpress.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Cheap Domain Name Registration In Nigeria / Need Help Where Can I Get A Template Free Without Footer Link / Unlimited SMTP Server For Email Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.