Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,928 members, 7,838,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) (31198 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Neighbours Are Tired Of Our Moaning; Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Oyinbo Babe / Guys Are No Longer Finding Dark Skinned Women Attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
oshiomole wife grin
lwkmd
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Miggs(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
looool grin you've resorted ta stereotypes an insults.
Cause that's all this is.
I don't do stereotypes.those are asian actors,models or musicians.the average asian men (koreans,chinese,phillipinos,japanese et al)are short and pudgy with tiny "you know what".how can I, a confam handsome black man,Gods' gift to women if I may add, be threatened and upset by that?its a walkover not even a competition.like I said,goodluck to the black women.no envy or anger from this side

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Creamish(f): 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Woooh,you like ta watch me grin

Ya'll get that but women get it from head ta toe heavy an hard on various media platforms
An in every life.
But as I told the man above ya'll will stand on what you believe forever an so will I.
Let's end this Goodbye.

Seeing as no one wants to accept the opinion of the other, it's best y'all move on.

**phew**
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
I research.I don't watch anyone.quit the narcissism.its not my fault i can't forget a username like "kingcheezy"(what the hell?) and your darkened posts.your rebuttals are weak.try harder next time
Awww Miggs... come on man,I ain't vain wink
I was givin' you attitude
My moniker
If I'd known it'd would attract yer attentions believe I wouldn't have choose it tongue
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Ada9103(f): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
But I love them dark. I mean dark skinned guyz cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by fireforfire: 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Yes! This a wonderful piece.
U must be dark.skinned
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
CaptainECole:
upon sey I fair, no gurl don ever tell me "Captain you're handsome" unless I give dem money
lol
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Creamish:

Seeing as no one wants to accept the opinion of the other, it's best y'all move on.

**phew**
I told him let's end it but He just keep quotin' me.
grin but I gotta say I'm begging ta enjoy the fight.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Clarinett(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
There are better ways to tell a woman you are not interested.

This is crude.

Humble correction.

I think you meant rude, perhaps cruel.

undecided
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Miggs(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Awww Miggs... come on man,I ain't vain wink
I was givin' you attitude
My moniker
If I'd known it'd would attract yer attentions believe I wouldn't have choose it tongue
attitude?okay(whatever that means)
Your monicker is odd.strange even.("Kingcheezypuff"?The puff of king cheezy?)that's all.I am not fighting you.I only tried to pass a message across
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Vongsama(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
I don't even know ma colour.

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
I don't do stereotypes.those are asian actors,models or musicians.the average asian men (koreans,chinese,phillipinos,japanese et al)are short and pudgy with tiny "you know what".how can I, a confam handsome black man,Gods' gift to women if I may add, be threatened and upset by that?its a walkover not even a competition.like I said,goodluck to the black women.no envy or anger from this side
No sir.Stereotypes. Bye.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Miggs(m): 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Vongsama:
as for me,I DON'T CARE.if "A" is available,straight banging,if "B" is available,straight banging too
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by nikkypearl(f): 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Black is beautiful!

Mrcork sey you hear I repeat, BLACK is BEAUTIFUL! tongue
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
DehtahGeh:

lwkmd
I lie? cheesy
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Davozy: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
As funny as it may sound, there are things you should stop saying to dark skinned ladies and men. Stop the insensitivity.

Most times we hear people throw "good" and bad compliments at nonfair people without giving a thought to the psychological damage their statements can have on them and the nation.

In 2016, we should have learnt so many things from history. Come out from the cloak of willful ignorance and embrace truth.

Stop saying these to dark skin people:

1. You are dark BUT beautiful Wth. Most people say this without going through what they are saying. Why BUT and not AND? because they think dark skin is ugly! Simple. They are saying "well youve got a beautiful face and body but you are covered in ugliness." In other words, you are not so beautiful. Put it to them that this is what they imply, and they become self defensive.

But is dark skin ugly? The truth is dark skin is as ugly as fair skin just as fair skin is as beautiful as dark skin. And beautiful people come in all shades

2. You will be cuter if you were fair This is similar to the first but it carries with it such guts and certainty.

Like seriously? a beautiful 10 and a handsome 10 are brought before you and the only thing you can think of is "well they look good, but they will be better fair." Good enough, this statement only reveals the mental damage that you, the judge is suffering from.

The problem with this statement is that it denies reality. You are of the opinion that a beautiful dark skin lady will look better fair but reality says beautiful people look better always.

3. Light skinned people look better What now? Be jealous and hate yourself O ye dark people! Not only is this a lie it brings shame and disgrace to the entire continent. A lie has no good consequence.

An ugly fair man is called handsome and a handsome dark man is called average looking or some times ugly. O ye of poor taste and battered minds, you think like children and are short-sighted.

Again, reality says beautiful people look better always.

4. You are jealous and envious of light skinned people People who say this are so sure that non fair people are jealous and envious of them because they(dark people) have been made to feel lesser than them for a very long time now. In addition, many NOT MOST, dark people bleach their skins. So yea, they've got to be jealous of our "pretty" skin.

But are they right? Maybe. Some dark skin people get caught up in jealousy and envy not because fair skin is better but because the ground(system) is unlevelled and has put them at a disadvantage.

Almost all non fair people started with being comfortable in their skin not until some demons of division and deceit were let loose.

So dont pat yourself on the back thinking ye, we look better because we are fair. No, the demons of deceit are dealing with some dark people for now. Who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow.

5. Black is beautiful: Wow whats the problem with this statement? you say. Everything dear.
First, black connotes a people of a particular race. And this race has so many shades/complexions be it from extremely fair to extremely dark. They all form black. But you wonder why only a fraction is called black beauty. Are others white beauty, red beauty and so on.

If you say well you do not mean it by race but by skin shades. Then why is a chocolate woman called black beauty? Does she look black like black board? No you say. Why then do you not call her brown beauty? Fair doesnt look black. And brown doesnt look black too.

But thats not all, "black is beautiful" is a false statement because....simple, there are so many ugly black people and this alone renders it false.

You might think its a great compliment but dark skinned people are not moved because to them it is shallow and insensitive and non-problem solving. They can see through the lie.

Some even carry a mocking tone wink when it is said and only makes matters worse for some dark skinned people who have been battered mentally. No thanks.

At the end, dark skin is not the problem. You are.
You only form your opinions and preferencesfrom what you see on tv, magazines, in shows, etc. When you do a reality check up on yourself you will come to see dark skin for what it is. It is not ugly.

Dark skinned people will appreciate you question the lies in your head than make empty statements you do not believe yourself.

#Up next :5 things light-skinned people are tired of hearing# smileysmiley

Embrace your uniqueness, it make you beautiful. wink wink

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Pillyportions(f): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
Na only one person carry all these insults? 'sighs'!
kramfonos:

You harebrained, knuckleheaded, happy-go-lucky, leprous offspring of a paralyzed, mutant orangutan! You obviously possess the intelligence of a waterlogged wood since you couldn't put forth an articulate, rational argument which isn't surprising since your moniker depicts you as _STUPID.

Worrthless cururu toad!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
attitude?okay(whatever that means)
Your monicker is odd.strange even.("Kingcheezypuff"?The puff of king cheezy?)that's all.I am not fighting you.I only tried to pass a message across
Yer message shot clean past me grin bye.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by ooshinibos: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
onyee25:
let them say all the want.Alll i know is that "black is beautiful"
I agree but Nigeria has brought shame to black is beautiful ..with our ineffectual leaders
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by ooshinibos: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Vongsama:
B is the one for me
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
I lie? cheesy
If you ask me,na who I go ask?
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Chommieblaq(f): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

[b] Some men would always give snide remarks about women whether light-skinned or not. If she's light-skinned, some call her a mermaid, a possessed being or, in some extreme cases, a _slut.

They might call her a "flat-chest" or a "flat-arse" or a midget. People would always talk!

Di'Ja of Mavins Records is fair-skinned, isn't she? Still people put her down. Cozzy Orjiakor is fair-skinned and curvy, right? She's still termed a _slut.

The thing is people can sense confidence a thousand miles away just like they can sense your fear.

There's this girl of about 23 in my neighbourhood. Dark-skinned, about 5"7 and not exactly curvy but she carries herself like a goddess. She's not exactly the prettiest girl but she's arguably the most confident. And no, she's not rich.

Guys would kill to date her. Her confidence makes the other curvier, fairer-skinned, richer females pale into relative obscurity when she's around. She doesn't even like weavons. Just braids.

If you're confident enough, no-one can put you down.[/b]

OMG
U just nailed it
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by HIPROFILE(m): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
Tallesty1:
Who skin color don make rich?

It made wako rich along side his talent...
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Miggs(m): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Yer message shot clean past me grin bye.
it shot past you but it didn't shoot past other viewers of the thread.that is the purpose of my posts.abeg upgrade your intellect and when next you say "bye",mean it

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
it shot past you but it didn't shoot past other viewers of the thread.that is the purpose of my posts.abeg upgrade your intellect
Don't insult my intelligence Miggs.Thank you.Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by MrCork: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
As funny as it may sound, there are things you should stop saying to dark skinned ladies and men. Stop the insensitivity.

Most times we hear people throw "good" and bad compliments at nonfair people without giving a thought to the psychological damage their statements can have on them and the nation.

In 2016, we should have learnt so many things from history. Come out from the cloak of willful ignorance and embrace truth.

Stop saying these to dark skin people:

1. You are dark BUT beautiful Wth. Most people say this without going through what they are saying. Why BUT and not AND? because they think dark skin is ugly! Simple. They are saying "well youve got a beautiful face and body but you are covered in ugliness." In other words, you are not so beautiful. Put it to them that this is what they imply, and they become self defensive.

But is dark skin ugly? The truth is dark skin is as ugly as fair skin just as fair skin is as beautiful as dark skin. And beautiful people come in all shades

2. You will be cuter if you were fair This is similar to the first but it carries with it such guts and certainty.

Like seriously? a beautiful 10 and a handsome 10 are brought before you and the only thing you can think of is "well they look good, but they will be better fair." Good enough, this statement only reveals the mental damage that you, the judge is suffering from.

The problem with this statement is that it denies reality. You are of the opinion that a beautiful dark skin lady will look better fair but reality says beautiful people look better always.

3. Light skinned people look better What now? Be jealous and hate yourself O ye dark people! Not only is this a lie it brings shame and disgrace to the entire continent. A lie has no good consequence.

An ugly fair man is called handsome and a handsome dark man is called average looking or some times ugly. O ye of poor taste and battered minds, you think like children and are short-sighted.

Again, reality says beautiful people look better always.

4. You are jealous and envious of light skinned people People who say this are so sure that non fair people are jealous and envious of them because they(dark people) have been made to feel lesser than them for a very long time now. In addition, many NOT MOST, dark people bleach their skins. So yea, they've got to be jealous of our "pretty" skin.

But are they right? Maybe. Some dark skin people get caught up in jealousy and envy not because fair skin is better but because the ground(system) is unlevelled and has put them at a disadvantage.

Almost all non fair people started with being comfortable in their skin not until some demons of division and deceit were let loose.

So dont pat yourself on the back thinking ye, we look better because we are fair. No, the demons of deceit are dealing with some dark people for now. Who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow.

5. Black is beautiful: Wow whats the problem with this statement? you say. Everything dear.
First, black connotes a people of a particular race. And this race has so many shades/complexions be it from extremely fair to extremely dark. They all form black. But you wonder why only a fraction is called black beauty. Are others white beauty, red beauty and so on.

If you say well you do not mean it by race but by skin shades. Then why is a chocolate woman called black beauty? Does she look black like black board? No you say. Why then do you not call her brown beauty? Fair doesnt look black. And brown doesnt look black too.

But thats not all, "black is beautiful" is a false statement because....simple, there are so many ugly black people and this alone renders it false.

You might think its a great compliment but dark skinned people are not moved because to them it is shallow and insensitive and non-problem solving. They can see through the lie.

Some even carry a mocking tone when it is said and only makes matters worse for some dark skinned people who have been battered mentally. No thanks.

At the end, dark skin is not the problem. You are.
You only form your opinions and preferencesfrom what you see on tv, magazines, in shows, etc. When you do a reality check up on yourself you will come to see dark skin for what it is. It is not ugly.

Dark skinned people will appreciate you question the lies in your head than make empty statements you do not believe yourself.

#Up next :5 things light-skinned people are tired of hearing# smileysmiley

angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Chijosky(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
If you like call me charcoal,na for your pocket, all I know is that I like my original colour like that and e never stopped me from dating fair ladies ..I comment my reserve

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Miggs(m): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Don't insult my intelligence Miggs.Thank you.Goodbye.
what intelligence?who is deceiving you that you are intelligent?when did dilly-dallying start being categorized as intelligence?I don't believe you are intelligent because you simply haven't displayed any sort of intelligence on this thread.comot joooorrr

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by annita88(f): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oh! Tank God am black nd am proud 2 b 1 cos dose light skin bleachin ladies ends up havin cancer of d skin nd gets complicated.just because i wan fyn mak i go bleach bodi tufiakwa. God i tank u because am wodafuli nd biutifuli made
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
DehtahGeh:

If you ask me,na who I go ask?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Chommieblaq(f): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
neither have I but I've seen women spew comments to other women like "julie,you dark o.bleach small na"
"Julie,you don dey fat o.try lose small weight na"
"Julie why you always dey braid your hair? Or why you always dey on low-cut?use weave-on na"

Women are to blame for their insecurities not men but wait and see how they'll soon start blaming men for all their unsolvable problems on this thread

U so right, we are to be blame for our insecurity, lemme digress small, most of the things we do, we do it for our fellow women, it's more like competition n tryna put each oda down, a man don't know the difference btw xpression n human hair, they just want u to be neat buh some even do many things to meet up to their fellow girl.

Back to topic, ma closest friend, once told me that am too dark, was advising me to tone up(till date, she still talk about it), that the cream I use is not working (Olay) , that I need to do something about ma color,. Now imagine that statement coming from a fellow girl, if I hadn't been confident about myself I would have heed her advise.
The guys contribute a little buh the main problem lies with the women.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dear Op I'm sorry but I see no difference between u nd those who castigate darkskinned people, I mean how can u be comfortable calling people ugly forgetting everyone is beautiful in his or her own unique way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Because Of Nairaland He Said I Won't Marry His Daughter. / How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? / Lady Prepares Stew With N300, Advises Men Not To Marry Women Who Can't Cook Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.