Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Resources For Organic Farms - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Resources For Organic Farms (22710 Views)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Working Video Of Hydraulic Compost Turner Machine For Organic Waste Fermentation / Fertilizer Making Machine For Organic Fertilizer Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 6:40am On Aug 14, 2016
docfarmer3:

I once investigated use of honey in brewing compost tea. Honey has antibiotic properties so may kill some of the beneficial microorganisms. In the north where I live, you have pure cane sugar sold everywhere in the market and that can stand for molasses. and its very cheap.
Pure can sugar is the best.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2016
organicfoods:
Broad mite can be controlled using Neem oil and Native black soap. Attractant can also be used to attract pests and drown them in a specially prepared fermented fruit juice...this second method is actually a preventive one that will drastically reduce pests population on your farm.

Thanks boss
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by omejeo: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
organicfoods:
Broad mite can be controlled using Neem oil and Native black soap. Attractant can also be used to attract pests and drown them in a specially prepared fermented fruit juice...this second method is actually a preventive one that will drastically reduce pests population on your farm.
sir how can i use those item u send to me on crop like tmatoes,pumkin,corn,banana,cassavaand cornand for broiler bird thanks waiting for your reply poampearl@gmail.com
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sir, please can you suggest alternatives to seaweed fertilizer. What could be used as good substitutes?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
omejeo:
sir how can i use those item u send to me on crop like tmatoes,pumkin,corn,banana,cassavaand cornand for broiler bird thanks waiting for your reply poampearl@gmail.com
You will get an email from me tomorrow.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
docfarmer3:
Sir, please can you suggest alternatives to seaweed fertilizer. What could be used as good substitutes?
All materials has it's advantages. Seaweeds happens to be a perfect combination for the fermented solutions I shared here. Some other fertilizer might as well serve,..But I have evaluated with seaweeds.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Molayan: 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
organicfoods:
Pls how can I make an organic pesticides/insecticide for my cucumber and watermelon farm
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2016
organicfoods:
All materials has it's advantages. Seaweeds happens to be a perfect combination for the fermented solutions I shared here. Some other fertilizer might as well serve,..But I have evaluated with seaweeds.

Ok sir. I'm guessing you have it available. How do you sell sir? Are your seaweeds locally sourced as in from Nigerian beaches?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
Good day sir. I have yet more questions for you. smiley I'm here to soak up as much info as I can get.

Sir can you enlighten us about the use of rock dust in organic farming. I'm not sure I noticed it in the thread.

Thank you.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2016
docfarmer3:

Ok sir. I'm guessing you have it available. How do you sell sir? Are your seaweeds locally sourced as in from Nigerian beaches?
Yes I do. A liter is =N= 5500, it will cover one hectare.

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by lanre2009: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2016
how often will it be used within a month on the 1 hectare of land?

organicfoods:
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by olawale4725(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)[b]fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)[/b]fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
organicfoods:

Ok sir. Can you break it down? For 20L how much do I need? Thank you.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Molayan:

Pls how can I make an organic pesticides/insecticide for my cucumber and watermelon farm
The use of neem oil and Native black soap is one bullet proof solution for you. You also need insect/Pest attractant and drown them at early stage. I will be showing how to do this in pictures as I train some of my students. So watch out for update.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Molayan: 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
organicfoods:
The use of neem oil and Native black soap is one bullet proof solution for you. You also need insect/Pest attractant and drown them at early stage. I will be showing how to do this in pictures as I train some of my students. So watch out for update.
Thanks bro, looking forward to dat
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Sir, please where can I get Boron for plants? And kindly respond to the question about rock dust. Many thanks.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Healthilyea: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2016
docfarmer3:

I once investigated use of honey in brewing compost tea. Honey has antibiotic properties so may kill some of the beneficial microorganisms. In the north where I live, you have pure cane sugar sold everywhere in the market and that can stand for molasses. and its very cheap.
Thanks for the info. Please what is the estimated cost of about 50kg of pure cane sugar? And which area in kaduna can one find it?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Healthilyea:

Thanks for the info. Please what is the estimated cost of about 50kg of pure cane sugar? And which area in kaduna can one find it?

I don't know about weight honestly but if you speak Hausa, I'm sure you'll know what mazankwayla is. That's pure cane sugar. It's sold by people who sell dates and the likes.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Healthilyea: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
docfarmer3:

I don't know about weight honestly but if you speak Hausa, I'm sure you'll know what mazankwayla is. That's pure cane sugar. It's sold by people who sell dates and the likes.
Thanks for the reply.
I don't speak Hausa, and I live down south. Will see if I can ask someone to help me get. Thanks again
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Perotti: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sir, you are simply astonishing! All that those lecturers failed to teach us in my Agric school is what you have been dishing out like bread and butter! Chai..God bless you sir.

I want to venture into organic sack farming for cucumber and tomato. Can I be a mentee of yours?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Healthilyea:

Thanks for the reply.
I don't speak Hausa, and I live down south. Will see if I can ask someone to help me get. Thanks again

In case you don't get the pure cane sugar. I heard molasses is readily available at vet shops.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Babacele: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
docfarmer3:
Please can someone help me with organic treatment for broad mite infestation. My peppers seem to be suffering from it.
dogoyaro n pepper boiled together n spray to the pepper. or u can soak plenty dogonyaro leaves in a drum of water for about 3 days ,add 3 full bulb of several cloves of garlic and two handful of ginger/ pepper preferably grinded but should b added on d last day if grinded for efficay. this mtd gives you enough volume of mixture to spray with using yr knapsack. the pungent bitterness should drive the mites crazy. cheers.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Babacele: 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
olawale4725:
fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)[b]fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)[/b]fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)
where is yr location?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Healthilyea: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2016
docfarmer3:

In case you don't get the pure cane sugar. I heard molasses is readily available at vet shops.
Thank you very much, I'm very grateful
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2016
Organic Institute Begins: The organic training school opens.
Learn how to grow 8 vegetables.
Produce your own fertilizer, Pesticides and Fungicides.
Learn about probiotics that will make your farming experience a powerful success.

3 Likes

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Molayan: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
organicfoods:
Organic Institute Begins: The organic training school opens.
Learn how to grow 8 vegetables.
Produce your own fertilizer, Pesticides and Fungicides.
Learn about probiotics that will make your farming experience a powerful success.

Can't u prepare a pdf documents and a video documentary for dos of us dat can't leave our jobs or far away. So dat ll can partake in d training too
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by jospepper(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
Following closely boss, thanks so much for the knowledge you dish out everyday. No school teaches this!
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by olawale4725(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Babacele:
where is yr location?
ibadan
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2016
Molayan:

Can't u prepare a pdf documents and a video documentary for dos of us dat can't leave our jobs or far away. So dat ll can partake in d training too
We are working on a complete package with all the tools and materials needed to get started. Will update you when that is ready.

1 Like

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by stockwise: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
organicfoods:
How to make your own liquid fertilizer from weeds on your farm

Some fast growing weeds on your farm can become a suitable source of powerful fertilizer for your farm as you will learn from the concept here. I recommend you have a drum or bucket. We will be doing some simple fermentation.

Ingredients:
1. Fast growing weeds on your farm.

(I identify any weeds that grows at amazing rate on your farm. This weeds will contain powerful hormones and enzymes that we will like to harness and use to promote the growth of our plants. We will concentrate efforts in harvesting the tips of such weeds alongside the stem and leaves ...These will very much contain the growth hormones we seek for.)
2. Brown Sugar 2kg (or Molasses)
3. Water.

Method:
Step 1. After Identifying the weeds you want to use (You can use different varieties as long as they grow very fast, those once with flowers will be great if you have flowering plants like water melon and cucumber) Cut the tips of the weeds together with the stem say 5cm to 10cm from the crown, avoid the roots. Cut enough to half fill a drum.

Step 2. Blend 2 kg of brown sugar in water...make sure you have a clear solution. Half fill the drum containing the weeds with water and add the brown sugar solution to the broth. You can put some big stones on the leaves to force them into the solution, cover and allow to ferment undisturbed for 12 days.

Now your powerful liquid fertilizer full of growth hormones, enzymes, Nitrogen, phosphorous and beneficiary microbes is ready.

Usage:
Mix 500ml (1/2 a liter) in 20 liters of water and use as foliar spray twice a week or as soil drench.

These solution will greatly help improve plant growth, nutrients and enhance the health of your plants.

Edited: This solution can be stored...in fact it gets better with age as long as you have enough sugar in the mix to sustain micro organism in the broth...remember some micro organism also live without oxygen. Note: Avoid storing in places with direct sunlight. grin
To be continued...
is it just d liquid u will make use of? how about the leaves n stem of d weeds
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by stockwise: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
organicfoods:
Supplementing "Farmer's Fertilizer" with your home made fertilizer.

Our next fertilizer exploit promises to be interesting.We will be making fertilizer from Aloe Vera and Pigweed (Tete elegun) and then adding seaweeds from our Farmer's fertilizer. This will cut cost on nutrients supplements for our plants.

Ingredients:
Aloe Vera
Pigweeds (Tete Elegun)
Water
Farmers Fertilizer (Rich in seaweeds and Humic Acids)
Sugar

Updated
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains saponins, salicylic acid, auixins, cytokine and gibberellins that are necessary for promoting and stimulating plants growth, they suppress harmful plant pathogen and help them develop strong healthy roots and stem system. Aloe Vera is a super plant for making liquid fertilizer.

Select some health succulent leaves of the Aloe and blend, add equal weight of brown sugar. (Note) Do not wash the leaves. Keep in dark cool place and allow broth to stay for seven days. After seven days keep strain and keep in a bottle and keep in dark corner of the house.

Pigweeds Tete elegun: Harvest the tips of this legendary weeds...Harvest it like you are plucking leaves for vegetable soup....Make sure you harvest the tender parts of the leaves. Measure equal parts of sugar and the weed then blend...add some little water to make a good paste. Keep aside in dark place for seven days. Pig weeds are rich in potassium, Calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, and sodium. Strain and keep in a bottle.

Add equal volume of the Farmers fertilizer(Farmers fertilizer is already rich in Macro and micro nutrients) to the Aloe Vera and Pigweeds broth and your nutrients supplements is ready.This solution will help you spend less on fertilizer and maximize returns on investment.

NOTE: pigweeds can be substituted with Dandelion (Efo Yanrin) if your plants demands are high in Iron, manganese and Boron. As a farmer, you must know what and what nutrients are needed by your plants.

Dosage: Use 5ml into one liter.
pls sir can u upload pix of pigsweed n dandelion. am not familiar with the names. thx
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by stockwise: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
organicfoods:
How to make your own powerful compost
Our next topic is how to make our own compost fertilizer. Note combining compost and liquid fertilizer is a pleasant meal for your plants, you can never over do it, organic nutrients cannot be too much for them unlike chemicals. There are several NPK values for different materials for your compost. Usually most farmers combine several materials to achieve astonishing results depending on the nutrients demands of their plants. Plants needs different kinds of nutrients depending on their varieties, and stage of development. Like babies when growing up they need certain nutrients and at advance stage before food production they depend on other kinds of nutrients. Just like pregnant women, plants demands different kinds of nutrients depending on their types to produce food...Plants are cash cow if you can maintain them and keep them health. Nutrients are the most important factor to achieve this. Let's look at NPK values of compost manure from animal and plant sources.

Animal Source
N P K
Rabbit Manure 2.4 1.4 0.6
Chicken Manure 1.1 0.8 0.5
Pig Manure 0.8 0.7 0.5
Sheep Manure 0.7 0.3 0.9
Horse Manure 0.7 0.3 0.6
Cow Manure 0.6 0.4 0.5
Blood Meal 12 0 0
Bone Meal 3.5 18 0
Horn and hoof 12 0 0
Fish Blood and Bone 6 6 6

Edited: Blood meal appears to be high on Nitrogen. We will be combining these materials to achieve our desired manure.
To be continued..
pls can u explain in details how to make compost fertilizer. thanks for this powerful insight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(poultry Farming) How Egg Production Is Terrifically Profitable And Get The Best / How To Get Hybrid Cocoa Seedling T. C series In Nigeria /cocoa Farm Management / Fish Farming Business (mackerel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.