Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Resources For Organic Farms - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Resources For Organic Farms (22709 Views)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Working Video Of Hydraulic Compost Turner Machine For Organic Waste Fermentation / Fertilizer Making Machine For Organic Fertilizer Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2016
I will do a post on that later. A designer compost you can make yourself
stockwise:
pls can u explain in details how to make compost fertilizer. thanks for this powerful insight
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2016
This little creeping creature will do your farm a lot of good. I will show you how you can put them to great use.

2 Likes

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by GreatManBee: 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
organicfoods:
This thread is a resource center for organic farmers. I will be providing many ideas and solutions to farmers experiencing difficulties with their farms..

Definition of organic farming: Organic farming is a sustainable farming methods that takes care of the environment. It enhances biodiversity, protect the soil, the plants, animals, ecosystem and promotes safe farm management for healthy farmers, producing safe crops for human consumption.

Organic farming are regulated by international certification. Several bodies in different countries provides certification for organic farms in compliance to certain standards the farmers must adhere to. For certification, it's the land and sustainable practices of the farmers that's subjected to standards. In Nigeria, there are no known regulating standards excepts for efforts of body like NOAN and other NGO.

Nigeria do not export organic foods because of lack of standards and certification. Countries like Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and South Africa earn billions of dollars exporting organic foods crops to Europe and America.

Why Farm Organically?
The main reasons farmers state for wanting to farm organically are their concerns for the environment and about working with agricultural chemicals in conventional farming systems. There is also an issue with the amount of energy used in agriculture, since many farm chemicals require energy intensive manufacturing processes that rely heavily on fossil fuels. Organic farmers find their method of farming to be profitable and personally rewarding.

Why Buy Organic?
Consumers purchase organic foods for many different reasons. Many want to buy food products that are free of chemical pesticides or grown without conventional fertilizers. Some simply like to try new and different products. Product taste, concerns for the environment and the desire to avoid foods from genetically engineered organisms are among the many other reasons some consumers prefer to buy organic food products,

Organic Certification
When considering organic certification, know the requirements and accreditation(s) needed in the marketplace where your products will be sold. When comparing certification bodies, make sure they have the certification requirements and accreditations needed to meet market requirements. Some markets may require accreditation or equivalency agreements with countries in the European Union, or with the Japanese Agricultural Standard (JAS), Bio-Swisse or other international organic certification systems to be able to export organic produce to such country.

1 Like

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
Thanks for the compliment... I strive everyday to empty myself off the experience and knowledge I am fortunate to have come across... Some how everyday it tends to increase hundred folds.

On training, we are bringing in some NGOs on board that will professionally ground us from training to marketing of organic produce, you must agree with me it does take time. I still however have a lot of Nairalander coming to see our demonstration farm in Ibadan and getting some kind of mentorship on their farms as they practice. We also offer organic materials like liquid fertilizer, organic pesticides and Beneficiary microorganisms to tackle diseases... And of course consultation for farms.
Where is ur address in ibadan?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by moyin2009: 3:39am On Oct 11, 2016
@Organicfood You are a great man, for given out a great info like these. May God bless you sir. Thanks for given to your generation. I am following you. thanks
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by oludon13(m): 6:50am On Oct 11, 2016
Well done sir. You are indeed a blessing to our generation. I am Bishop Donald from Ibadan. Please I need to know more about you sir. My whatsapp no. Is 08099374499. Looking forward to link up with you soon.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Patini147(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
I really enjoy reading your posts. You are doing a great work. I wish to ask, in the preparation of healthy microbes for the soil, what molasses should we use, and should we apply the mixture directly or mix with irrigation water and at what measurement? Thanks.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by rabzy: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
organicfoods:
This little creeping creature will do your farm a lot of good. I will show you how you can put them to great use.

Guy you too much. I think you are about to unleash vermicomposting or worm composting. Red wigglers to the rescue
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by oluwabamis(m): 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello, Organicfoods. You are doing a great job on this thread. You are most appreciated. My only request is that you keep this thread alive, pls give us updates once a while. Thanks
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
oluwabamis:
Hello, Organicfoods. You are doing a great job on this thread. You are most appreciated. My only request is that you keep this thread alive, pls give us updates once a while. Thanks
Trust me bro...I have some package up my sleeve soon for the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by knoxx: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Pls what organic method can be applied to an infected soil. I posted a similar question on your sack farming thread. How can neem leaves be applied effectively.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by ollyfatty(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
organicfoods:
Sorry for the late reply. Yes it can be used, white sugar contains chemical that can kill the micro organism. Sugar cane liquid will also serve.

pls can u drop ur phone No. am in dire need of it. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
ollyfatty:

pls can u drop ur phone No. am in dire need of it. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by kennysympathy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
But sir, what of if one decides to leave the used milk?

[quote author=organicfoods post=44648292] You are welcome...Yeah parboil the rice and siphon the starchy water, this is what I am making reference to. You can use bakers yeast to fasten the process...lactobacillus will still find its way into the broth though...cheers. You can as well prepare lactobacillus in this manner. Siphon the parboil rice, cover and keep in a hot dark location for five days...You will notice three layers of separation of the liquid. A thin film of bacteria on top and starch residue used up by bacteria at the bottom. Use syringe to draw out the water from the middle layer into a another container...this will most likely contain lactobacillus. After using the syringe to remove enough of this middle layer of liquid, you will have to feed them with powder milk (any powder milk will serve) you can use water (must not be treated water) to double or triple the solution. Mix the solution proper with the powder milk (aplenty) and allow to stay for seven days....Voila you have Lactobacillus. Siphon the spent milk from the solution (You can actually eat it if you can....the spent milk) feed to fish and animals to aid digestion. To store your bacteria, mix the solution with brown
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by otunlaola: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2017
I think this is the process for producing youghout.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
BIG PEN HOUSE FOR RENT AT OLOSUN AREA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS AND CLOSE TO OBASANJO HATCHERY...FOR MORE INFO CALL 08020917141
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by haarfeez: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
Organic broilers for sale average weight: 2.2 kg location : Ibadan call 08134125884 or whatsapp 08072075060

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 6:51am On Apr 26, 2017
Our products.
1. Pests Arrestor : This 100% neem oil for pests battles on the field. When you need relief from serious pests attacks, you will find this product a powerful companion.
2. Fruits Bloom, this is the most trustworthy bees attractant for large pollination. If you desire large fruits and bountiful harvest, use this all powerful organic products to the admiration of other farmers. If you have used all sorts of chemicals on your plants and bees are hard to find on your plants, you can depend on this product.

1 Like

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Best organic fertilizer by far!

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Austin234(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
How much does it go?

organicfoods:
Our products.
1. Pests Arrestor : This 100% neem oil for pests battles on the field. When you need relief from serious pests attacks, you will find this product a powerful companion.
2. Fruits Bloom, this is the most trustworthy bees attractant for large pollination. If you desire large fruits and bountiful harvest, use this all powerful organic products to the admiration of other farmers. If you have used all sorts of chemicals on your plants and bees are hard to find on your plants, you can depend on this product.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by abootoyyib(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
80 male and female turkeys( above one year) for sale at an affordable prices (resellable rates) ....call or whatsApp 08075506993
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2017
Austin234:
How much does it go?

Pests Arrestor is 3500 and fruit bloom is 1500. You can as well reach me on 08034342637
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Tosineb: 3:32pm On May 30, 2017
This thread must not die, i have following up the topics and reading through, i must confess i have learnt a lot from it. I am into cassava and maize, what organic product of yours is applicable on the (small scale farm), as i have busy schedule.
I will like to have video pdf documents of the organic courses. Thanks great work.
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Ndbc(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your efforts Organicfoods, please how much is your neem oil and what is the quantity content ?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Newway2(m): 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Healthilyea:

Organicfoods please can honey be used, molasses or brown sugar seems to be too expensive(i bought this small less Dan 500g pack for N850.)

Where is your location ?
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by crossblane1(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2017
pls help I lost two birds to cold today.pls how can I stop it
Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Preprobiotics: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by organicfoods(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Preprobiotics:
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Price from =N=1,500
Don't you think it's only appropriate you open a thread about your products and stop derailing many of my threads with your adverts. My products is for people that wants to follow my steps practically and not yours. You are only reaping where you never sow. Please kindly open your own thread and show them practically what you can do with your products. For instance a poultry farm in an estate without smell. I am sure many people would want to patronize you if it's good and you have enough patience .

2 Likes

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Ndbc(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Preprobiotics:

Hello Mr. Organic,

We are not in competition and we are not selling the same product and I do not know why you are bothered.
I am only selling Lactobacillus and Undiluted Organic Molasses.

Lactobacillus is now =N=1,000 per Litre and Undiluted Organic Molasses is =N=1,500 per Litre

Open a thread for that (your products) @Mr. Prepobiotics. Stop hijacking other people's thread for your ads.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Resources For Organic Farms by Tosineb: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmm... Thread hijackers everywhere. @organicfoods, i hope you are not loosing focus of your good work to humanity because of these people! And please remember you owe me a lot, mentorship, training, september broiler project. And i wil be happy if we can all (your followers) start the projects together at the same time.
Here is the plan;
1, everybody buy affordable number of day old chic
2, everybody buy all essential material i.e feeds and health material, LABS etc.
3, at least we wil all the materials at affordable price from you
4, then an online follow up tile we get to where we want to be (December festive sale)
what do you guys suggest?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(poultry Farming) How Egg Production Is Terrifically Profitable And Get The Best / How To Get Hybrid Cocoa Seedling T. C series In Nigeria /cocoa Farm Management / Fish Farming Business (mackerel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.