Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria (729 Views)

Jonathan And Ex-Ministers In Cold War Over $2.1bn Arms Scandal / "PDP Spends N2.1bn On Sweets, Juice & Food Annually" - Kaduna Commissioner / FG Spent N3.1bn On School VIP Toilets- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria by Marvellouzkk(f): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2016
By Soni Daniel ABUJA - As operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, move to unveil the beneficiaries of the N3.1 billion withdrawn from the account of the National Security Adviser in the Central Bank of Nigeria for political campaign, one of the recipients of the cash bonanza has slipped out of the country. Sources at the anti-graft agency said last night that the former minister, who hails from one of the South-East states, sneaked out of Nigeria just before the EFCC blew the lid on the huge cash withdrawal. The former minister, who is believed to have collected as much as N350 million of the cash, left for a European nation just before the information on the six key Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftains, who drew the cash was made open by the anti-graft agency last week. But a source close to the former minister defended her, claiming that she left the country two weeks ago for the foreign country without prejudice to the cash or investigation by the EFCC. "Madam has, however, been informed of the amount of money she is said to have received from the ONSA for political campaign but she is not in Nigeria as we speak. "The woman has been informed of what the anti-graft agency has said about her but we don't know when she will return to Nigeria," a close aide of the former minister said yesterday. Of the N3.1 billion cash withdrawn from the CBN on the instruction of the embattled former NSA, a former minister collected N840 million, leaving the balance to be shared by five other party chieftains. Last Sunday, another former female minister who reportedly provided the account into which the cash was paid and actually disbursed the money, left Nigeria and is yet to return. A source said that although most of the beneficiaries claimed they had the permission of the former President to collect the cash to campaign for him, the President might not have had any knowledge of such transactions.
Re: Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria by Dexpro: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2016
350 million! 840 million!! 3.1 billion!!! See graduation. Twas even a woman that provided the account where the money will lodged. And some are crying foul coz of gender equality. Some women are a curse to womanhood!

Why "sneak" outta the country? I weep for my dear country!
Re: Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria by Ehiscotch(m): 10:11am On Mar 22, 2016
Waiting for wailers to say "propanganda, name or adonbilivit, selective anti-corruption" cool
Re: Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria by kingbasil: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2016
Sourceless Yet apc keeps propaganda coming so fast for the gullible ones...
Re: Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: Another Minister Sneaks Out Of Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 10:34am On Mar 22, 2016
kingbasil:
Sourceless Yet apc keeps propaganda coming so fast for the gullible ones...

This is your first answer

Ehiscotch:
Waiting for wailers to say "propaganda, name or adonbilivit, selective anti-corruption" cool

Then my answer to you is , even if the news is sourceless it made FP earlier where i mentioned it was Iweala and sons , so even if the op's information has no source, it is plausible that they will start sneaking out of the country after all no names were mentioned, just like the previous report said it was a former minister and no names were mentioned

Use common sense

(1) (Reply)

SURRENDER TO SAVE Yourselves-shekau To Followers.(video) / I Support PDP, I Have No Regrets. / Badeh: N558.2m Monthly Diversion A Common Practice In NAF — Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.