Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (3114 Views)

Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hello All,

I think it is time that we beg the while man to come back and show us how it is done in Nigeria? Everyday we hear stories of woe and the rich stealing more money. The standard of living is falling, economy in crisis, MEND threatening to blow the source of revenue within Nigeria if their demands are not met (even though we know that they are fighting for their own selfish interest, if not what have they done to their governor, chairmen and counsellors who collect revenue and squander it/or share it with MEND), OPC in Lagos are ranting, Secondary school strike everywhere in Nigeria and university lecturers are on strike too. What is functioning properly in Nigeria? Electricity, water, security are a thing of the past. But corruption and the PDP party is going strong?

Should we just beg our former colonial masters to come back, thing can not be worse than it is now?

What are your views
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by desgiezd(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2009
This is long overdue as we have shown time and time again that we are incapable of running our own show.

Please whenever the list of those who will be going for the begging is being compiled don't bother to consult me before enlisting me.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Yuno: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
what a load of bull, it, I am sorry but when whites ran Africa they ran it for their own economic benefit and enrichment. Just because Nigeria is a failed isnt a reason to suggest Africans cant govern themselves. There are African countries that are currently enjoying good government and growth: South Africa, Botswana and Ghana for example to name three. Begging white people in distant countries who know little about Africa to govern you isnt a very good idea angry
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
this sounds very ridiculous but we should give it a long hard thought

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yuno:

what a load of bull, it, I am sorry but when whites ran Africa they ran it for their own economic benefit and enrichment. Just because Nigeria is a failed isnt a reason to suggest Africans cant govern themselves. There are African countries that are currently enjoying good government and growth: South Africa, Botswana and Ghana for example to name three. Begging white people in distant countries who know little about Africa to govern you isnt a very good idea angry

Guy lighten up

I dont think the lady who started the thread truly wish for this

she is only highlighting our inefficiency

lol
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by MrCrackles(m): 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2009
Topic
I think so. . . . grin
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ezeagu(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
Wait for me to burn my Nigerian passport before you guys do that.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by beknown(m): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
It is very easy for any thoughtful Nigerian to suggest re-colonisation. This suggestion is supported in many quarters because the current situation in Nigeria was no present during the colonial period and immediately after 1960.

Some people know that in the 1970s, the British and Americans want Nigerians to stay in their country after they have studied in their country. Nigerians never want to stay in UK or USA or any other country. Most Nigerian students return home immediately after their examinations and graduation. When they return home, good jobs are waiting for them with nice remunerations.

The situation today is different. I do not blame somebody who suggest re-colonisation. At least, our children will still go to school. Now, all schools (primary, secondary and tertiary including universities) are on strike. What future will that give us and our children?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
At this point, considering how far the decay has reached, I don't think anyone has any grounds for which to choose to insult those who feel the way the @Poster does. I mean , in just the last 2 years, look what we have done.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Epiphany(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2009
Even though the idea is ridiculous, i think they will do a much better job than we are doing by ourselves now. Even if they decide to run us for their own economic benefit and enrichment (are we still not doing that now, with all the world bank and imf loans we take daily) we would have good and functioning facilities to optimize the returns to their own countries. We will have good infrastructure, constant power and even better schools (probably to train more 'slaves' to work for them cheesy cheesy cheesy)
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by beknown(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2009
The children of our political leaders are away in foreign colleges and universities. Nigeria leaders are not concerned about the life of children in the society.

As a result of strike actions, three years degree course will become six years. That shows backwardness.

Our children in Nigeria are only surviving as a result of the grace of God.

Imagine a situation where there are:
No decent school
No good road
No electricity
No security
No pipe borne water
etc

Haba, too much problem.

If our leaders have headache, they will travel abroad for treatment. Where does the poor Nigerian go to treat him/her self?

What have we done to our own leaders in Nigeria to deserve the punishment they are giving to us?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by beknown(m): 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2009
Spread the word, I fully support re-colonisation. sad
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
Yuno,

With all due respect I take onboard everything you said in your mail: but disagree with you for the following reasons:

• You mentioned own economic interest – but if you are old enough, you will know that things were functioning well as of the time that they were in Nigeria. Even if they were taking our resources abroad. Tell me one area that has developed since they left apart from corruption? Ikoyi, Little Road Yaba, Apapa and Ikeja are some of the areas which they developed and we still see as the pride of Nigeria today. Ordinary Lekki the Government has failed to make headway regarding drainage and roads. With the level of development and awareness that we have now we will be able to monitor them better if they should come back.
• We need them to come back and teach us how things are done properly. Yuno, stop hiding your head in the sand and face the problems like a man everything is collapsing in Nigeria and people talk about qualifies graduates my foot, we do not know and we need someone to teach us.
• You mentioned a number of countries with good government, but most of these countries are the handwork of these people.
• Pride comes before the fall of a man – you said they do not understand the system in Africa, what about we that understand the system have we impacted on the country.
• Please give me cogent reasons why we do not need the white man and balance it with the arguments in support and see which way thing sway.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by banom(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2009
Who ever this poster is, you are the queen of the century to have thought that way.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by davidif: 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
I think it is time that we beg the while man to come back and show us how it is done in Nigeria? Everyday we hear stories of woe and the rich stealing more money. The standard of living is falling, economy in crisis, MEND threatening to blow the source of revenue within Nigeria if their demands are not met (even though we know that they are fighting for their own selfish interest, if not what have they done to their governor, chairmen and counsellors who collect revenue and squander it/or share it with MEND), OPC in Lagos are ranting, Secondary school strike everywhere in Nigeria and university lecturers are on strike too. What is functioning properly in Nigeria? Electricity, water, security are a thing of the past. But corruption and the PDP party is going strong?

Should we just beg our former colonial masters to come back, thing can not be worse than it is now?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA CHAI NIGERIANS. UNA TOOOOOOO FUNNY. I just dey laugh for library when i read this.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ezeagu(m): 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
You people can sit yourself's in front of a computer without attempting to do anything to change Nigeria, then you say you support re-colonisation, what kinda sense is that, this just shows Nigerians are self centered, the reason the country is in its state in the first place.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Fhemmmy: 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2009
good one.
They did some and left the nation into our hands and so far, we have failed in all areas as a nation.
Now you want us to bring them back to start where they left off.
Nothing has developed since they left
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by strangleyo: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2009
Every time I think of most colonial nations I think of the crap Europeans have done to Africans.

However, the British aren't really "European" and their colonial model was not bad. Sadly, they were still selfish, but they helped us far more than you can imagine. In a way we were lucky it was the British and not the dutch, or Belgians.

Want to see a modern day colony? Look nowhere than Hong Kong. It was run by a British Governor until 1996. I can almost guarantee that if Nigeria was a colony of the UK, ran by a  British governor, it would look like Japan today, almost guaranteed. Our population density would allow the British to apply their highly successfull economic model.

However, is that what we want? To be run by the white man?

I think if the British had the the time to break our tradition of patronage we would have been a world superpower today (not African, WORLD superpower, with nukes, tanks, etc).

Although being run by the white man may simply be unbearable for our pride (and we are the proudest people in Africa).

With that, I'm going to quote a passage from a book by a British governor on the state of Northern Nigeria in the early part of the 20th century,

From the Book "Nigeria, Our Latest Protectorate" - written by Charles Henry Robinson.

There are one or two points to which I should like to refer in conclusion. The first step towards the development of Nigeria must be the abolition of slave-raiding. As long as the majority of the people live in constant fear lest their town or village should be destroyed on the coming night, and they themselves carried off as slaves, we cannot expect any real improvement in the general condition of the country. The marvel is that, despite the existence of this desolating evil, they should have been able to attain so high a degree of civilization. Slaves are used in Nigeria first as porters, and secondly as the currency of the country. During the wet season beasts of burden can only be employed to a limited extent, and when they are available, slaves are often used by preference.
Again, the absence of any proper coinage or substitute for coinage makes it almost impossible to transact business on a large scale, except by using slaves as the medium of exchange. This is especially the case where tribute has to be paid by one king to another. A sort of feudal system prevails throughout most of West Africa, the smaller places paying tribute to the larger. The King of Kano, for example, has two hundred kings who pay tribute to him, the greater part of which is paid in slaves. According to Captain Binger, Samory, whose country lies to the west of Nigeria, pays eight hundred slaves per month for the gunpowder which he receives. Assuming the Hausa-speaking population of Nigeria to be fifteen millions, five millions at the very least of these are slaves. There are probably fifty thousand slaves in Kano itself. On one occasion, after spending thirty-six hours in or on the edge of a slave-raider's camp, and having with difficulty escaped from his clutches, I had to march for four days through country which he had recently raided. In the course of this sixty-mile march, during which we were nearly starved, we passed through village after village destitute alike of inhabitants and of food, the former having been massacred or carried off as slaves by our late host. No one who has not seen a town or village that has recently suffered from such a raid can realize the horror which the constant repetition of such sights from day to day serves to produce. In the presence of this diabolical cruelty and waste of human life, one could not but feel impatient for the day when the forcible intervention of a European power should rid the earth of such crimes. It is quite certain that slave raiding will never die a natural death. History affords no single instance in which Mohammedans have voluntarily abandoned the slave trade, and Nigeria is certainly not likely to afford such an example, "
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by SapeleGuy: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2009
Ezeagu - Excellent Response.

For the rest of you who want the colonialists back please get some backbone. Between the IMF, World Bank, Swiss Banks, Shell , Total, BP, Pharmaceuticals and other multinationals, the colonial powers that you are crying for never really left. This is a more convenient arrangement where our collaborator errand boys and girls do their bidding.
The only ones benefitting from this arrangement are the traitor collaborators and the multinationals.

Strangleyo - The British invented the system of patronage.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Horus(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2009
[img]http://queenunique.files./2009/05/malcolmx.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]All Nigerians with Slave Mentality Shoul read This[/size]

There were two kinds of slaves, the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes - they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good because they ate his food - what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved the master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master's house - quicker than the master would. If the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say, "Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said "we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.

If the master's house caught on fire, the house Negro would fight harder to put the blaze out than the master would. If the
master got sick, the house Negro would say, "What's the matter, boss, we sick?" We sick! He identified himself with his master, more than his master identified with himself. And if you came to the house Negro and said, "Let's run away, let's escape, let's separate," the house Negro would look at you and say, "Man, you crazy. What you mean, separate? Where is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than this? Where can I eat better food than this?" That was that house Negro. In those days he was called a "house nigger." And that's what we call them today, because we've still got some house niggers running around here.

This modern house Negro loves his master. He wants to live near him. He'll pay three times as much as the house is worth just to live near his master, and then brag about "I'm the only Negro out here." "I'm the only one on my job." "I'm the only one in this school." You're nothing but a house Negro. And if someone comes to you right now and says, "Let's separate," you say the same thing that the house Negro said on the plantation. "What you mean, separate? From America, this good white man? Where you going to get a better job than you get here?" I mean, this is what you say. "I ain't left nothing in Africa," that's what you say. Why, you left your mind in Africa.

On that same plantation, there was the field Negro. The field Negroes - those were the masses. There were always more Negroes in the field than there were Negroes in the house. The Negro in the field caught hell. He ate leftovers. In the house they ate high up on the hog. The Negro in the field didn't get anything but what was left of the insides of the hog.

The field Negro was beaten from morning to night; he lived in a shack, in a hut; he wore old, castoff clothes. He hated his master. I say he hated his master. He was intelligent. That house Negro loved his master, but that field Negro - remember, they were in the majority, and they hated the master. When the house caught on fire, he didn't try to put it out; that field Negro prayed for a wind, for a breeze. When the master got sick, the field Negro prayed that he'd die. If someone came to the field Negro and said, "Let's separate, let's run," he didn't say, "Where we going?" He'd say, "Any place is better than here."

Malcolm X
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ezeagu(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Ezeagu - Excellent Response.

For the rest of you who want the colonialists back please get some backbone. Between the IMF, World Bank, Swiss Banks, Shell , Total, BP, Pharmaceuticals and other multinationals, the colonial powers that you are crying for never really left. This is a more convenient arrangement where our collaborator errand boys and girls do their bidding.
The only ones benefitting from this arrangement are the traitor collaborators and the multinationals.

Strangleyo - The British invented the system of patronage.

If I didn't know better I would think Lord Lugard is faking accounts on nairaland. . . . . . Talk about falling into plan.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by bawomolo(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2009
The trade relationship between the british empire and it's colonies were unfair.

Our university graduate were trained to be clerical staff and work under white heads rather than become administrators some day.

The British left power vacuums (they never trained black replacements) in countries like Nigeria. They are part of the problem and not the solution.

different policies for the North and South didn't help either.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by morpheus24: 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
Horus:

[img]http://queenunique.files./2009/05/malcolmx.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]All Nigerians with Slave Mentality Shoul read This[/size]

There were two kinds of slaves, the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes - they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good because they ate his food - what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved the master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master's house - quicker than the master would. If the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say, "Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said "we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.

If the master's house caught on fire, the house Negro would fight harder to put the blaze out than the master would. If the
master got sick, the house Negro would say, "What's the matter, boss, we sick?" We sick! He identified himself with his master, more than his master identified with himself. And if you came to the house Negro and said, "Let's run away, let's escape, let's separate," the house Negro would look at you and say, "Man, you crazy. What you mean, separate? Where is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than this? Where can I eat better food than this?" That was that house Negro. In those days he was called a "house nigger." And that's what we call them today, because we've still got some house niggers running around here.

This modern house Negro loves his master. He wants to live near him. He'll pay three times as much as the house is worth just to live near his master, and then brag about "I'm the only Negro out here." "I'm the only one on my job." "I'm the only one in this school." You're nothing but a house Negro. And if someone comes to you right now and says, "Let's separate," you say the same thing that the house Negro said on the plantation. "What you mean, separate? From America, this good white man? Where you going to get a better job than you get here?" I mean, this is what you say. "I ain't left nothing in Africa," that's what you say. Why, you left your mind in Africa.

On that same plantation, there was the field Negro. The field Negroes - those were the masses. There were always more Negroes in the field than there were Negroes in the house. The Negro in the field caught hell. He ate leftovers. In the house they ate high up on the hog. The Negro in the field didn't get anything but what was left of the insides of the hog.

The field Negro was beaten from morning to night; he lived in a shack, in a hut; he wore old, castoff clothes. He hated his master. I say he hated his master. He was intelligent. That house Negro loved his master, but that field Negro - remember, they were in the majority, and they hated the master. When the house caught on fire, he didn't try to put it out; that field Negro prayed for a wind, for a breeze. When the master got sick, the field Negro prayed that he'd die. If someone came to the field Negro and said, "Let's separate, let's run," he didn't say, "Where we going?" He'd say, "Any place is better than here."

Malcolm X

Couldn't have said it beta myself.

Rest in peace Malcolm. You are my role model for life and they knew you spoke the trugth. Thats why they killed you.

I would rather we Nigerians become extinct before succumbing to such stupidity
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by bawomolo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
umm Malcolm was killed by the Nation of Islam.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Beaf: 1:34am On Jul 24, 2009
Mental slavery is the cause of this thread.
You can submit your family compound for re-colonization.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by samparian(m): 1:49am On Jul 24, 2009
strangleyo:

Want to see a modern day colony? Look nowhere than Hong Kong. It was run by a British Governor until 1996. I can almost guarantee that if Nigeria was a colony of the UK, ran by a British governor, it would look like Japan today, almost guaranteed. Our population density would allow the British to apply their highly successfull economic model.

However, is that what we want? To be run by the white man?

I think if the British had the the time to break our tradition of patronage we would have been a world superpower today (not African, WORLD superpower, with nukes, tanks, etc).

Yep. Hong Kong is paradise.

But This is just pure fantasy grin
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 24, 2009
See what Yaradua $ PDP has turn the mentality of Nigerians to??Re-colonization my foot.Nigerians have become desperadoes due to the failure of our govt.They besiege foreign embassies just to get out of this mess.I think PDP should be charge for crime against humanity, @poster, Dnt worry over the issue,maybe one day God wil intervene by himself.Morever,u r in uk provided u r nt doing what u would not do in 9ja over there, Let's pray to God for better dayz,
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by sley4life(m): 4:06am On Jul 24, 2009
Maybe.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2009
There we go again!!! someone starts with “God will one day help Nigeria out of it’s problems”  show me one country that God has physically come to safe. Cut out the fantasy and face the reality on the ground. What greater colonialism can Nigeria get than we are currently getting? Look at the way Nigerians treat drivers, cooks and wash men? Who pays the minimum wage? See how police treat we that do not know people in power? See the life that our senators and chairmen in power live, is that not colonialism. Please shine your eye well!!! well !!!!

I know that because I am a lady people tend to dismiss my suggestions but please be creative and provide alternatives. If you are picking crumbs from the table of the politicians you willadamantly disagree with me about the white man coming back. But put sentiments aside, and have a look at the reality on the ground. Regardless of what we write the government has realised the urgency in the need for Oyinbo’s to return that is why the governor of central bank has now stated that he is in support of western banks buying and getting involved in mergers and acquisition.

Nigerians will continue to suffer as long as we keep running from the truth. It is easy to dismiss my idea but what is the alternative to this? Which country has got it right in Africa, I will say South Africa and it is not surely ANC that built that country to the stage that it is today. I respect Mandela who stated after his return from prison that “we need these white people to teach us how things are done and how to develop”. Maybe we need to lease the country to them for twenty years (listen things can not be any worse than it is right now) and then we assess the situation at the end of lease. The condition that will come with the lease is that Nigerians most be shown how things are done.

Listen thirty years down the line we will still be complaining if we do not let these people come back. The son’s of our former leaders are getting ready to take over power, not b/c they know what to do but because it is their birthright, yes I say birthright regardless of if they have an idea how things are done. We hear of huge sums being stolen and we say “only God will save Nigeria” As long as Nigerians are ruling Nigeria, even God knows that there is no hope. 

I am compiling a list of signatures of those who are begging for the white man to please come back and safe us from this suffering as soon as i get back, this suffering is too much. How much more can we take of this suffering, please stop waiting for God b/c he will not come in your life time.

Nothing seems to work I am currently in Nigeria as I write and there is no light, water, roads or security and you say the white man will exploit us, of what? We must be mad to think this way.

The resources we do not see in the first place it goes straight into the hands of a few.

The alternative is revolution, but it is the son’s and daughters of these same corrupt people that come back to take over power or become back seat drivers of the affairs of this country.

I left this country 10 years ago and back for the first time and can not believe the level of degeneration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I rest my case.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ikeyman00(m): 7:23am On Jul 24, 2009
[b]morons !!! damn

have u ever thought if the likes of IBB,obj abcaha should be runin nigeria

the thing is nl is a joke and me afraid will continue to be

we have people like rabadu,duke,fashola,akiyinil,etc

the question is has nigeria ever had the right people!! NOOO they never have

but what they have is pure morons like yall

that beleive in the garbage brain, that the only resolution we have it for tribes to go their diferent way

they sit here on their age and out-dated ass arguin that in the new world of 2009 that damn it the igbo is blah, the oduduwa is ding, the hausa is mnnnnnn

but the fool wouldnt tell u that he as a citizen of the earth lives in a civilised world of Canadia , where there are immgrates takin over the the white people in most western countries which comprises of chinese,india,africans etc

so morons, lets us join hand and build nigeria!! it either u are with us or not

lets help ourselves if we want, thinkin that the answeer lies on ur whiteman door is a slap in the creators face!! plz no more dramma

nawoo[/b]
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ikeyman00(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2009
@@@@@@@
and by the way when u talk about resources

obj ibb abacha na resources

u see naija never really used their resources?

if we claimed to be the most religious people on earth, we should be able to reflect that on our contitution in the sense that the good people should also surface to constest for a leader
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2009
Ikeyman,

It is easy to talk big English on your armchair in UK CHOPPING THE WHITE MANS BURGER AND CHIPS, come home and enjoy suffer-head like I am doing. Nothing constructive or objective on the way forward. Do you have even an idea of the level of suffering here? You said that allow decent people to rule Nigeria.   You think these thieves in politics will give an intelligent person with a vision a chance to rule? Wake up from your slumber. We need something urgent to happen which will shake Nigerians and they will know that it is a new dawn for Nigeria.

Forget God for now and talk objectively about the way forward "God helps those who help themselves – if God has not deemed it fit to kill all those that are stealing billons daily I see no reason why he will complain if the White man comes back.

There is Smoke in the sky everywhere, roads dirty, cutters are dirty and smelling and when you ask people they laugh and say “that is Nigeria for you, God will save us one day” listen even Satan will be scared to come close to Nigeria in it’s current state. Light came for ten minutes and then went, when it came people were shouting that light has come, as if they do not pay for it.

Please read what I have written all along before you talk, please do not talk for the sake of it. I could come and stay in a hotel for the three weeks that i am here and then go back, but i have chosen to stay i nthe heart of Bariga Akinola street and i am seeing the suffering of my fellowbrothers and sisters. These people need help fast, what have you got to help i have stated my idea what is yours no God approach!!!

By the way the Inspector General of Police said Radio this morning that the Bank owes his wife 250 million dollars and the case is in court (bros!!! define colonial master - please make u know allow me make i do you strong thing with the talk wa you dey talk this morning Ikeyman).
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by asha80(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2009
Bariga1:

Ikeyman,

It is easy to talk big English on your armchair in UK CHOPPING THE WHITE MANS BURGER AND CHIPS, come home and enjoy suffer-head like I am doing. Nothing constructive or objective on the way forward. Do you have even an idea of the level of suffering here? You said that allow decent people to rule Nigeria. You think these thieves in politics will give an intelligent person with a vision a chance to rule? Wake up from your slumber. We need something urgent to happen which will shake Nigerians and they will know that it is a new dawn for Nigeria.

Forget get God for now and talk objectively – if God has not deemed it fit to kill all those that are stealing billons daily I see no reason why he/she will complain if the White man comes back.

There is Smoke everywhere, roads dirty, cutters are dirty and smelling and when you ask people they laugh and say “that is Nigeria for you, God will save us one day” listen even Satan will be scared to come close to Nigeria in it’s current state. Light came for ten minutes and then went, when it came people were shouting that light has come, as if they do not pay for it.

Please read what I have written all along before you talk, please do not talk for the sake of it.

shocked  grin Naija for life cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy / Abimbola Fashola Condemns Nollywood's Image Of Women / Ex-militants Barricade Warri-benin Highway Over Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.