Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (3113 Views)

Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by strangleyo: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chiddysville:

The major problem with this geographical entity is that there has never been a true nation called Nigeria. The leaders right from the so called independence are busy continuing plundering the resources from where the British stopped. The day the nation Nigeria will be born is the day every ethnic nationality give up their sovereignty for a true united nation. Where there is a true fiscal federalism, each state or region allowed to take control of what is at their backyard, develop at their own pace and subsequently pay remittances to the central government. Running off to another man's land and joblessly sitting in front of a yet to be fully paid computer and calling on the British plunderers to come and continue from where they stopped is the height of irresponsibility. Let us be sincere to ourselves and what we truly want and our problem is half solved.  

You know its our fault though. I'm tired of seeing Nigerians deny it.

The Philippines, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, they were all colonies you know. Nigeria just keep sliding deeper and deeper into complete chaos and anarchy while Nigerians continue to blame the brits and lugard for all their problems.

Shit, I wonder why Ghana is lifting itself up while Nigeria,

you know what, i give up,
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chiddysville:

The major problem with this geographical entity is that there has never been a true nation called Nigeria. The leaders right from the so called independence are busy continuing plundering the resources from where the British stopped. The day the nation Nigeria will be born is the day every ethnic nationality give up their sovereignty for a true united nation. Where there is a true fiscal federalism, each state or region allowed to take control of what is at their backyard, develop at their own pace and subsequently pay remittances to the central government. [i][b]Running off to another man's land and joblessly sitting in front of a yet to be fully paid computer and calling on the British plunderers to come and continue from where they stopped is the height of irresponsibility. [/font][/b][/i]Let us be sincere to ourselves and what we truly want and our problem is half solved.

Chineke!! Well said indeed. Every aspect is true and amazing.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Chiddysville(m): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ strangleyo
pls don't give up. The future of this nation lies in our hands and we have to salvage what is remaining of her
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Chiddysville(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ strangleyo
pls don't give up. The future of this nation lies in our hands and we have to salvage what is remaining of her
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Chiddysville(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ strangleyo
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by sley4life(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2009
i think so
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Beaf: 5:27am On Jul 26, 2009
Bariga1:

King Beaf,

I respect your views above and hold them dearly. But how do we start? people like you are those I think i have something in common with.

Light has just come!!!!! but half current!!!

I no be king O! grin

Thanks for the kind words. We will revive our web presence within a couple of weeks. There will be a registration section on the website, so it will be easy to join.

If you are interested in being at the core, I'll find a way to get across to you with much more info. We will need core people on the ground. It involves a lot of sweat and will take time, how ready are you?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2009
Hello Beaf

I am ready for positive change after what i have seen on ground. Please leave me a contract e-mail and as soon as i am in London i will contact you. Time for like minds to come together to give it our last try.

It is now time for all meaning Nigerians in Europe to stand shoulder to shoulder in order to jointly look for ways in which we can do anything no matter how small.

Beaf has come up with an idea and I think it is an option which we should explore. E-mailing one another on Nairaland will not solve the problem.

People have made it expressly clear that we do not want the white man back, so we need to look for ways in which we can stop the white man from coming back – this is not a money making venture and anyone nurturing such ideas should please stay away from this forum. It is about like mind professionals coming together to influence government policy and actually making a difference back home. I have a thousand and one ideas but finding like mind professionals has always being a problem.

The future is now and we need to ask fast.

One love
shocked
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2009
@bariga1. I dont think you are aware of the significance of saying the white man should come back to fix things for us. Your idea is just a huge disaster and will finally conclude the white and black inequality debate. if africans should ever request the hands of the whites then this means an open admission of white supremacy over the blacks. this will further justify racial discrimination.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by KnowAll(m): 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2009
@poster -  Riduculous suggestion, even mordern day oyinbo man does not know what it means to own a colony, let alone taking over a whole country. Is it because 0.09% of the population have hyjacked the economy from the majority that some of us have lost our reasoning , the day of reckoning is coming when the masses will rise and take over. We might be force to take the law into our hands very soon.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2009
knowall,

This might not happening b/c everyone around me is waiting ,for God to fight their corner.

I do not think or suggest that the white man is better than us but they have the know-how and organisation which we lack.

I am in Lagos seeing things first hand - the majority are suffering while the minority are living like kings on public money. The Governor in Lagos state is doing a lot but how much can one man do?

I think at this stage it is time to close this chapter.

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED. grin
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ikeyman00(m): 12:29am On Jul 27, 2009
this thread smell

the whole world knows
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by manmustwac(m): 12:35am On Jul 27, 2009
KnowAll:

@poster - Riduculous suggestion, even mordern day oyinbo man does not know what it means to own a colony, let alone taking over a whole country. Is it because 0.09% of the population have hyjacked the economy from the majority that some of us have lost our reasoning , [color=#990000]the day of reckoning is coming when the masses will rise and take over. We might be force to take the law into our hands very soon. [/color]
That will never happen coz the masses take comfort from religion just like a drunkard takes comfort from a bottle of whisky
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Beaf: 1:33am On Jul 27, 2009
Bariga1:

Hello Beaf

I am ready for positive change after what i have seen on ground. Please leave me a contract e-mail and as soon as i am in London i will contact you. Time for like minds to come together to give it our last try.

It is now time for all meaning Nigerians in Europe to stand shoulder to shoulder in order to jointly look for ways in which we can do anything no matter how small.

Beaf has come up with an idea and I think it is an option which we should explore. E-mailing one another on Nairaland will not solve the problem.

People have made it expressly clear that we do not want the white man back, so we need to look for ways in which we can stop the white man from coming back – this is not a money making venture and anyone nurturing such ideas should please stay away from this forum. It is about like mind professionals coming together to influence government policy and actually making a difference back home. I have a thousand and one ideas but finding like mind professionals has always being a problem.

The future is now and we need to ask fast.

One love
shocked

How did you know I live in the UK? smiley
Please use this page to get in touch; http://societyofafricanscience.giving.officelive.com/contactus.aspx
I appreciate your interest and look forward to rubbing minds.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by samparian(m): 4:19am On Jul 27, 2009
Bariga1:

. The Governor in Lagos state is doing a lot but how much can one man do?

Its a start. If all Governors and public officers were like this, we wouldnt have a problem in the first palce, would we??
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Jul 27, 2009
samparian:

Its a start. If all Governors and public officers were like this, we wouldnt have a problem in the first palce, would we??

Not just the governor, but the senators from Lagos seem to know how to handle the Federal Government than the others do. What we continue to get from senators and governors from other states are whines and more of the same old excuses for why they cannot seem to make any progress. Every single day, people continue to buy into their ridiculous excuses that the north or the federal government is the reason why they are unable to negotiate a deal of any kind with the same federal government that Lagos has since been able to make some progress with.

Not until we start to fire them left and right will they realize that we are no longer available to accept the same old nonsense from them as being good enough. You fire all of them and I bet you the next batch will do all they can to get a deal for their people or find a way to boot the president out so they can get better answers from the next one, or risk loosing their own jobs instead.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by samparian(m): 5:00am On Jul 27, 2009
Thank you jare

it's high time we start tackling our various state/federal representatives to be accountable to us.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2009
Hello,

Now we are all speaking with one voice, I think we need to put words into action and then start the crusade for change. If we do not help ourselves no one will help us. Please let’s stand shoulder to shoulder in look for ways in which we can help change the current plight.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liquidity Crisis: Nigeria To Pump $2 Bln Oil Money Into Economy / Chima Orlu The Abuja Bomber Is In S’africa, Claims Henry Okah / Dezeani Allison Madueke`s Double Standard: Pics Of Sons Private Jet Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.