Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (3116 Views)

Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2009
all you satanists- una no get satanist website where una fit hang out?

So many religious Nigerians and yet so many satanists in their midst.

God punish devil.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2009
And how does what u have said help Nigeria or the problem. We are not talking about God or satan. Please leave religon out of this. Costructive Ideas please. If you do not have please do not contribute let us get on with things. Religous my yanch!!! say that to the dog.

Ideas Please the heat is killing me out here no a/c over here. the smell is not making it any easier for me to cope. I know when the white man arrives these things will be a thing of the past. Churches will be asked to account for their money and pay tax and then most pastors will not be interested. Half of our problems solved. Education will be restored to it's former Glory, when teachers were teachers and not traders. Ten years no electricity, every goverment keeps promising us, I know these white people will find a way out. if they can solve these three problems. leave the rest to Nigerian I think we might be able to handle the rest. what do you think
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2009
Bariga1:

And how does what u have said help Nigeria or the problem. We are not talking about God or satan. Please leave religon out of this. Costructive Ideas please. If you do not have please do not contribute let us get on with things. Religous my yanch!!! say that to the dog.

Ideas Please the heat is killing me out here no a/c over here. the smell is not making it any easier for me to cope. I know when the white man arrives these things will be a thing of the past. Churches will be asked to account for their money and pay tax and then most pastors will not be interested. Half of our problems solved. Education will be restored to it's former Glory, when teachers were teachers and not traders. Ten years no electricity, every goverment keeps promising us, I know these white people will find a way out. if they can solve these two problems. leave the rest to Nigerian.

whatever!!!

all you people calling on satan to solve your problems, should get the mess to a satanist website!

If you have a problem with religion then why mentioning satan?

God punish devil jare!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2009
thanks

but be a bite more constructive. if you want to contribute. Leave God or satan out of this what part of that do you not understand?

should the wite man come back yes or no? smiple question.

That is why people like you did GCE ten times. never take on board feedback about your bad performance.

I would rather you do not contribute as i am interested in relating with serious people.

Thanks for your comments

My laptop needs charging i will be away for about five hours as the generator is not on. Is this life??

anybody please help even Satan, God or anything that can safe us we have waited long enough. I can not believe what i am seeing , here in Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2009
Emancipate yourself, first by moving out of England. It seems like most if not all the Nigerian people I have ever heard advocate for whites to come back to rule Nigeria have lived in England for a long time. Is there something in the Bristish water that makes blacks. . . I guess Nigerians worship the white man?

If the white man comes back to rule Nigeria, how many advocates of this would be willing to come back to Nigeria and be made a slave or will you demand respect because you lived in England and kissed ass? The whites looted and stole from Africa (and everywhere else they colonized) the only thing is that while stealing they were able to persuade blacks like the original poster that were inferior and thus deserved to be beaten to work whilest the white man relaxed and had a lemonade.

Same way James Watson claims that blacks are less intelligent than every other race. What made him so well versed on intelligence? The fact that he stole someone else's work and got rewarded with a Nobel Prize in Science.
Whites fool those that are gullible and want to be fooled.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2009
roflmao!!! Nevermind that the over 140 million Nigerians have been living as slaves to idiot leaders in Nigeria, it is only when all Nigerians abroad move back to Nigeria will things get better. Or, let me guess, the white man is reason why Nigerians live like slaves in their own land today?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

roflmao!!! Nevermind that the over 140 million Nigerians have been living as slaves to idiot leaders in Nigeria, it is only when all Nigerians abroad move back to Nigeria will things get better. Or, let me guess, the white man is reason why Nigerians live like slaves in their own land today?

Great Debators, areother Nigerians living as slaves to whites is a much better solution for the problem? How many of those advocating for Nigerians to move back and better things have moved back? Have you moved back? What does Faux (Fox) News tell you about the white man and Nigeria?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by asha80(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2009
;d
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2009
Learn to read before jumping to attack. The @Poster has yet to actively call for colonization but is simply trying to bring your attention to the fact that things are failing fast and it does not seem that we have been able to show ourselves better post -colonization.

This is one of the major reasons why I ignore people who have little control over their sentiments. Can you not put SELF to the side for one second to see and understand what is being discussed? UNBEWEAVABLE!!!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Beaf: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
@savanaha. Thank God for people like you.
I have come in here and walked right out several times.

This thread is so disheartening in the way people reason.
Nigeria's biggest problem is that we don't look within ourselves and at our environment for solutions to our problems.
We always feel a need to copy other countries; forgeting they have created their solutions according to their own peculiar cultures and traditions. Anyone who doesn't have those peculiarities and attempts copying is doomed to fail. . . We have been doing that in a never ending cycle.

When we're not copying, we are importing expertriates (most of whom are mere technicians and in some case plumbers or carpenters). We don't believe that there are any Nigerians intelligent and organised enough to solve our problems. The smart and good ones are always discouraged; "if oyibo never do am, why you think say you fit?". So people are even suggesting that we bring back white people to exploit us again.

Check China, they don't copy anybody, yet they have risen to become the Worlds most powerful economy. Everything China does is rooted in their culture, so things are done in a natural setting, making their solutions easy and succeessful 99% of the time.

Every copy is the counterfeit of the real thing. Nigeria has copied so many countries that we are a counterfeit of God alone knows what. . . And the copying continues.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by redsun(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2009
junkie,my gut feeling always tell m e u are a foreign spy(cia)
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Learn to read before jumping to attack. The @Poster has yet to actively call for colonization but is simply trying to bring your attention to the fact that things are failing fast and it does not seem that we have been able to show ourselves better post -colonization.

This is one of the major reasons why I ignore people who have little control over their sentiments. Can you not put SELF to the side for one second to see and understand what is being discussed? UNBEWEAVABLE!!!

Mrs Great debator, it seems you lack tact in your favorite activity. Before you insult your person, who exactly would the poster actively call for colonization? Does she or you have a white leader lined up to beckon? I realize you have your nose so high up the white man's anus that you can't put that self sentiment aside for one second. What is "umbeweavable" and something worth "LMAO" is the fact that the only options, apart from trumpeting that (we) Nigerians should do something while comfortably sitting in the front of a computer in some Western country, is the idea that white rule will save Nigeria. Played pet enough that the white man might make you their errand girl?  
The best way to run your house when it is in great disrepair is to ask another person to move in and take charge! Great idea, according to the Great Debator.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
some dude said that two fked up things happened to africa

1) the white man came
2) the white man left
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2009
Beaf:

Check China, they don't copy anybody, yet they have risen to become the Worlds most powerful economy. Everything China does is rooted in their culture, so things are done in a natural setting, making their solutions easy and succeessful 99% of the time.

Every copy is the counterfeit of the real thing. Nigeria has copied so many countries that we are a counterfeit of God alone knows what. . . And the copying continues.

Too bad the "educated fools" don't realize these things. Its like the first round of colonization where Africans were mere gate men to the university was not enough we need another one. When people are allowed to realize that photocopy is not the best answer it might make sense that bringing the white man to teach them only ABC and not how to read is not the answer. Instead of employing the beneficial system of using what you have people would chase the bandwagon to be "civilized according to what the white man calls civilization. So rote memorization instead of understanding and innovation.

All I know is whatever the British have in their water that is making Nigerians think that the only mechanism of progress is under white man, that thing is very potent.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by manmustwac(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2009
If the whole Nigerian population was allowed to migrate to England and the whole English population had to migrate to Nigeria England would fall apart in less than 6 months, whereas Nigeria would start to show signs of progressing in less than than six months and it would only be a mater of time before all Nigerians would want to return back to thier own Nigeria. So i say bring back our colonial masters. smiley
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by savanaha: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
Potent indeed!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2009
Hello brothers and sisters,

I have just finished charging me laptop since yesterday. I respect all the issues/comments raised but I still need to be convinced as to the viable alternative (something that can work straight away within this country). My eyes have seen!!!, within the three days that I have being here and I still have 9 days to go. There are positive things in Nigeria, such as nice eating joints powered by generator, nice cars (even those that I have not seen in London) but who can afford them? Labour is cheap over here, but is that something to be happy about??

I am a frustrated Nigerian and what I see is scary because people have adopted the ills within their environment as a way of life and are indifferent to thing falling apart beside them. With all due respect it is easy for you to sit in your arm chairs abroad and pontificate using big grammar. I did not sleep well because of the churches shouting and clapping all night. They finished at 3.00am and 4.30 am the mosque took over (they both used microphones). I asked if this area has a chairman? They said that they have one but only visits residents at election time. I then asked my parents why they voted for him? They informed me that no one voted him he voted himself to the position (with a sign of resignation). My next question was why not complain to government? The answer: which government? Who told you we have a government in Nigeria, everybody does things for themselves in this country (as they laugh).

The essence of those comments above is to show the level of decadence that now pervades our country. White man will treat us as slaves is the argument we keep hearing, but are we not being treated as slaves already? Is it not the railway that those white men left that we are still using? Have improved on it? What has developed since the white man left accept for corruption. Things are getting worse and people are putting pride before the fall. We all know that with the current state of things Nigeria is still going to degenerate to some country like Somalia or Rwanda, but how can we stop it happing (the first signs are what we are seeing in the Niger Delta, but things are going to get worse and not better) How can we stop this from happening? PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!!!!

Let us be objective and read between the lines before posting comments: I am not advocating colonialism as it took place in the past but maybe lease majo facilities to the white man such as electricity, transportation and resources with a clause IN THE CONTRACVT WHICH stipulates that they have to employ, train and undertake knowledge transfer to Nigerians. At least tribalism will not be an issue if it a white man that is selecting people.

Some say we should look within for solutions. We know the problem and we know what can solve our problems, but will those greedy politicians give anyone a chance? “some people” are very happy with the current system and those who are less privileged have turned to family members who are rich, churches and mosques for at least “hope” so everyone is comfortable with the system. All I hear is that God will save our country. Show me one country that God has come down to save? We need to take the bull by the horn and leave God out of this. It is like when you marry a new wife you do not leave her to God to make her pregnant.

Revolution is the next option, but with the current level of decadence in Nigeria, those who are in government will do anything to stay even if it means killing half of Nigerians – also Nigerians are scared of death. No guarantee that those that will seize power will be any better.

I respect everything said but please tell me AN ALTERNATIVE THAT IS PRACTICAL and How IT WILL WORK INSTEAD OF COLONIAL MASTERS COMING BACK.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by ahkameni: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2009
bariga1 u r retarded angry
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2009
same way your mother is.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by samparian(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2009
bariga has a point

the MTR subway in hong kong is leased to a UK based company
different aspects of utilities are leased to various companies.

Take telecommunication in Nigeria for instance. Nitel kept messing people up till the govt gave licences to foriegn firms. everybody now owns a phone and communication is now easy.

i believe our government should lease out our railway, and water and electricity to competent foreign firms who will manage them and pay our government just like the telecomms sector.
Believe me, we'll see great change.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by back2back(f): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2009
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return?

An idle talk, quote: Oyi of Oyi!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Beaf: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2009
@bariga

You might be frustrated, but you arent the only one. Instead of suggesting stupid things like inviting the return of colonial masters, lets look within ourselves (not at govt).
The key is that you arent the only one thats frustrated; there are lots of others, both within and outside the country who feel the same way, maybe even worse than you.

We can:
[list][li]group together[/li] [li]identify issues to tackle[/li][li]sources of technical support[/li][li]financial support[/li][li]build confidence within and outside of the group[/li][/list]

I and a couple of others attempted something like this a few years ago, but perhaps we were too early; the groundswell didn't exist. The funny thing is; we were mocked everywhere by fellow Africans, but applauded by Westerners who were also quick to offer unsolicited assistance. Because, our plan was based on building from the grassroots, we were doomed without African support and ran in fits and starts, finally things fizzled out (temporarily) last year. The biggest problem is not politicians, but African self confidence (afterall, Italy, as corrupt as it is, is developed and in the G8). On average, African confidence actually buckles when tasked with science, technology or invention; that is why top African minds only find fulfilment outside our shores. What a loss! This lack of confidence is not due to any lack in abilities, maybe it is from long colonisation or the effect of dictatorships.

I remember coming to NL for support and a huge number of idiots made fun, because we offered free inventions and free technical help (they thought it was some kind of 419). We will have another go at it in August (with some changes grin). Among our free inventions were; yam harvester, plantain harvester and various energy devices.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2009
oyb:

some dude said that two fked up things happened to africa

1) the white man came
2) the white man left

Roflmao!!!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by asha80(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2009
Most nigerians see nigeria as an enterprise to make money from and not a country to build and serve because there is no feeling of nationhood amongst its people

If this mindset is not changed forget nigeria.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Thor(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
Bring back the Brits, it is the only way to do something with this rubbish dump sad
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2009
a nation of 140 million people all slaves to corrupt leaders, and themselves involved in corruption.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by samparian(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2009
Thor:

Bring back the Brits, it is the only way to do something with this rubbish dump sad

you again?
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Bariga1(f): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
King Beaf,

I respect your views above and hold them dearly. But how do we start? people like you are those I think i have something in common with.

Light has just come!!!!! but half current!!!
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by asha80(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2009
Bariga1:

King Beaf,

I respect your views above and hold them dearly. But how do we start? people like you are those I think i have something in common with.

Light has just come!!!!! but half current!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by strangleyo: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2009
Nigeria is so bleeped. When people go to western countries they take for granted what Nigerians can only ever dream of, 24 hour power supply, clean tap water 24 hours a day, sanitation, sewers, a police force that works - at least somewhat, and some form of partially reliable healthcare.

Nigeria has none of those.

We've got committees, lots of them. And for some reason we're more fixated with useless things like having foreign language (Arab) written on our banknotes, or who's sultan was forced to stand in line, or our endless obsession with religion, (god this, god that, but god don't give a fxck about you, you gotta do it urself ain't no god going to bring you drinking water), and tribalism, endless amounts of it.

Fvck Nigeria. I guess its time to jump off this sinking ship, or, actually I mean swim away from this sunk ship.

After Abacha raped her, Obasanjo but a bullet through her. She's lying there on the side of the road, all fvked up. I guess if the Europeans wanna give a shot reviving her, well they can be my guest.

Shit, the British can have her, we don't want her.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by Chiddysville(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2009
The major problem with this geographical entity is that there has never been a true nation called Nigeria. The leaders right from the so called independence are busy continuing plundering the resources from where the British stopped. The day the nation Nigeria will be born is the day every ethnic nationality give up their sovereignty for a true united nation. Where there is a true fiscal federalism, each state or region allowed to take control of what is at their backyard, develop at their own pace and subsequently pay remittances to the central government. Running off to another man's land and joblessly sitting in front of a yet to be fully paid computer and calling on the British plunderers to come and continue from where they stopped is the height of irresponsibility. Let us be sincere to ourselves and what we truly want and our problem is half solved.
Re: Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? by asha80(m): 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chiddysville:

The major problem with this geographical entity is that there has never been a true nation called Nigeria. The leaders right from the so called independence are busy continuing plundering the resources from where the British stopped. The day the nation Nigeria will be born is the day every ethnic nationality give up their sovereignty for a true united nation. Where there is a true fiscal federalism, each state or region allowed to take control of what is at their backyard, develop at their own pace and subsequently pay remittances to the central government. Running off to another man's land and joblessly sitting in front of a yet to be fully paid computer and calling on the British plunderers to come and continue from where they stopped is the height of irresponsibility. Let us be sincere to ourselves and what we truly want and our problem is half solved.

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hypocrisy Exposed: Disgraced---- Naira Lander exposed in damning fashion / PDP Wins Abia State LIVE On AIT / Photo:See How This Malnourished Woman Buried Her Late Child(very Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.