Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Curve Ball By-chrisooblog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Curve Ball By-chrisooblog (744 Views)

Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2016
hi house new to the thread. please do drop your comments and critiques thanks!

all rights reserved. no part of this story shall be reproduced in any known or unknown media format without the express written permission of this author.

this story is 100% fictional. the characters, names, events and situations depicted in this story are completely made up and bear no resemblance to anyone dead or alive. any similarities are entirely coincidental.

email: aayustt@yahoo.com
whatapp: 08180039103

2016 © chris jonnz
Re: Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2016
AND IT STARTS ....

‘’Óya drop me here’’ asabe instructs the keke napep driver ‘’madam your money na N300’’ replies the driver ‘’ah ah bros why now just from that estate to airport here?’’ ‘’aunty na so we see am o petrol no dey’’ ‘’hmm na una know sha take your money’’ says asabe half irritated as she steps out of the tricycle ‘’ah aunty you dey vex?’’ the driver says half apologetic ‘’abi sey your oga vex you? Abeg make he no offend my fine sister’’ ‘’wetin concern you with my oga?’’ says asabe trying to hide a smile ‘’abeg carry your wahala go’’. As the tricycle drives away Asabe walks briskly to the Airport gate ‘’damn I’m running late’’ she reflects ‘’why did nepa and my generator act up at the same time hian’’ ‘’just pray my uniform is not too untidy’’ says asabe. Pondering over her uniform. She had always prided herself on how she looked in her air hostess outfit. She liked how it gave her a smart yet sensual look red skirt, coat combination with a teal coloured blouse to match. Comfortable material that hugged her ample figure in the right places. Her family and female friends had always told how lucky she was in the looks department body that would make most men deny their lineage and a face whose beauty masks the subtle toughness beneath. Asabe thought to herself how she had always been a straight forward in her dealings with men throughout her teenage years up to her current young adult status. Not keen to exploit or ring along any man. if she liked you she liked you! But her criteria for guys she would date were so stringent that she only ever dated one guy which ended as soon as it started when he started demanding sexual favours. Not that she was unaware of her feminine charms but she only pulled out that secret weapon as situation demanded. ‘’mama A ti o fine ti o spotless ti o gather’’ hailed the security man at asabe as she entered the airport gate heading towards the Glorious enterprise building to resume at her duty post for the 1pm Glorious Airways flight ‘’pa Gordon you never change sha’’ replied asaba to the security man’s teasing ‘’how I go change when you sef never change chei egbeleooo! You sef see how you package am for back and front and you say make I no talk hmmm your future husband go enjoy you no be small oo’’ ‘’pa gordon abeg I don late we go see later’’ answered asabe as she hurried on ‘’mama anything for me’’ asked pa gordon pleadingly ‘’ PA GORDON later ahhhh!’’ ‘’ok ok I remain loyal o’’ said pa gorgon finally letting her go.

‘’ásabe you just coming?’’ asked chichi her fellow air hostess ‘’yes any problem?’’ asabe replied with a puzzled look on her face ‘’did you know about our crew meeting?’’ ‘’yeah chichi I did isn’t it at 10 a.m?’’ ‘’No o!’’ answered chichi ‘’meetings held already at 8 am this morning time was changed’’ ‘’what?’’ exclaimed asabe ‘’why wasn’t I informed’’ ‘’asabe texts and emails were sent to everyone didn’t you see yours?’’ ‘’SHIT!’’ asabe thought to herself ‘’I knew this no gen no light situation would affect me some how ohh my country my country!’’ ‘’my phone was dead chichi terrible power cuts anyway no use crying over spilt ogi so what did I miss?’’ asked asabe as she opened her locker to place her belongings ‘’nothing o my dear’’ said chichi as she made her funny face that she makes involuntarily when she’s about to activate gossip mode ‘’you know the usual going over flight routines, rehearsing our drills…same ol’ bla bla bla nothing special except that tina is getting on my last nerve with her passive aggressive attacks’’ ‘’ehen wetin she do now?’’ asked a curiously amused asabe ‘’no mind that yeye girl throwing subtle shade about cabin crew not imbibing proper etiquette on flights saying this in her fake upper class accent’’ asabe laughed as chichi mimicked tina’s accent ‘’it wasn’t all bad sha atleast I got to see that fine new cabin guy’’ ‘’hmm chichi you ehn man hunter’’ ‘’asabe you know broad shoulders and pink lips are my weakness na by the way your captain boyfriend asked about you’’ added chichi mischievously ‘’I’v told you stop calling him my boyfriend that old specimen!’’ said asabe half angrily ‘’besides I told you I’m not in hurry to find a man’’ ‘’asabe when will you get one of these local iron-smiths to loosen this your chastity belt for you’’ ‘’I can arrange for one if you like’’ added chichi mischievously ‘’if I whoos you!’’ says asabe half-jokingly ‘’so flight is still scheduled for 2pm or was that changed without my knowledge too?’’ ‘’don’t worry asabe it wasn’t interestingly captain boyfriend is the co-pilot for that flight’’ ‘’just great!’’ exclaimed asabe. ‘’not only do I have to deal with noisy troublesome passengers but also that captain agbaya and his wahala’’ lamented asabe ‘’but seriously asabe what’s so wrong with him? I mean he’s crazy about you, bursting with cash and not to forget comes from a family with a political background’’ asked chichi looking confused ‘’chichi why don’t you go for him then?’’ asabe fires back at her friend ‘’ahn ahn asabe you know I’m allergic to worwor guys na person wey ugly sotey Obasanjo be like ramsey nouah beside am’’ says chichi in jest ‘’ooo na ugly man be my spec abi? I no blame you’’ asabe replies sarcastically ‘’no asabe it’s not like that I’m just looking out for you plus you are a Christian you look at the inner man you’re not shallow like me’’ chichi quickly replied ‘’yes I’m a Christian but that does not mean God did not give me eyes and good taste to see and like better thing so please carry your matchmaking services to another place’’ says asabe jokingly waving her friend off ‘’ok o no vex just trying to help a sister out anyways I’ll just take chichi consult elsewhere and to think the advice I was giving you others are paying premium for it’’ chichi retorts ‘’thank you make them pay I no want’’ asabe answers back as they both start laughing. Hours later asabe and the rest of the air cabin crew are prepping before they head out to the aircraft on the tarmac. Tina the senior air hostess is giving general guidelines to follow to each of her colleagues when she sights a piece of torn paper on the floor. She picks it up and starts to complain about people who litter the environment when asabe suddenly cuts in ‘’tina you saw that I was taking notes and that the ceiling fan was blowing intensely which probably blew the paper your way so you could have just drawn my attention to it instead of going on this long winded speech of yours’’ asabe says a bit irritated ‘’asabe I take exception to that how are you so sure I saw you like you are so special that I must note the whereabouts of high royal majesty asabe’’ tina replied with a frowned face ‘’now tina what’s that all about I was only saying you could have said ‘hey asabe is this paper yours’ you now came with this sarcastic reply is there anything you wish to tell me?’’ asabe replied back to tina while trying to keep a calm demeanour ‘’no asabe I have nothing to discuss with you and you were the one anyway who interrupted me in the first place like I mentioned your name‘’ tina fires back angrily. just as it seems this is going to escalate into a shouting match funlola one of the calmer older hostesses tries to douse the situation ‘’ladies abeg we don’t have time for this’’ says funlola ‘’but she started i…’’ tina tries to interject ‘’tina please lets move on you and asabe can trash out your issues later we have a job to do now ok!?’’says funlola firmly putting an end to the argument ‘’don’t worry funlola I have said my piece I have nothing more to discuss with tina I’m professional so lets get ready for this flight’’ asabe replies to assure funlola that the argument is now over. ‘’ok that’s good now where were we? Oh yes…’’ funlola says as they continue with their pre-flight meeting.

TO BE CONTINUED .....
Re: Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Later on after the meeting has concluded and all the flight modalities agreed on asabe in company of her colleagues funlola, chichi, tina and kunle the new guy walk towards the airport tarmac where the airplane is parked for their scheduled flight from lagos to port harcourt. Along the way they are joined by the captain and his co-pilot the infamous captain boyfriend according to chichi. Captain boyfriend spots asabe then goes towards her to strike up a conversation. Just as he smiles at her and opens his mouth to say hi asabe cuts him off ‘’please I’m not in the mood I want to be left alone but come o I thought I said I’m not interested why are you still disturbing me? Or do want me to report you for harassment?’’ ‘’asabe cool down now is it a sin to say hello?’’ says captain boyfriend looking bewildered ‘’you have never responded this way to me before what’s wrong asabe?’’ he asks further ‘’nothing sir just having a tough day plus when I saw you coming by I thought you wanted to start chatting me up in the middle of work’’ asabe responded feeling a bit guilty ‘’asabe I’m very serious when it comes to my work so I know such talk is not now apart from saying hello I just wanted to wish you luck on our flight since we might not see during the flight duration’’ said captain boyfriend friend explaining ‘’ok I guess I overreacted sorry about that’’ said asabe apologizing ‘’its ok we will talk later ok’’ ‘’ok sir’’ ‘’asabe like I have always said stop calling me sir call me au…’’ ‘’HEY! HURRY UP NA!’’ said captain bolaji interrupting captain boyfriend mid-sentence ‘’we have a plane to fly here continue your wooing next time’’ he added half-jokingly ‘’ ok ok bolaj I dey come later asabe’’ captain boyfriend said as he walked briskly to climb up the stairs to enter the aircraft. Asabe also quickened her steps to enter the plane while heaving a sigh of relief under her breath thankful that captain bolaji had interrupted their conversation. Asabe rushes into the plane and heads straight to the air-hostesses compartment to drop her luggage before meeting up with the rest of her colleagues to start putting things in order so that everything is ready for the flight. At the same time the pilots are also going through their pre-flight routine as they prepare for takeoff. As passengers start making their way towards the airplane asabe and tina stand guard at the exit of the aircraft to receive their passengers looking pretty and smart in their uniforms. As the passengers enter the plane to take their seats asabe and tina smile and exchange greetings with them to welcome them for their flight. As more passengers enter the plane asabe disengages herself from the exit to go to the sitting area to check other passengers who are settling down to see if they need help with putting their luggage in the overhead compartment. Asabe spots a man from behind struggling to enter his luggage. She walks briskly towards him ‘’excuse me sir do you need help with that?’’ ‘’yeah thanks I do’’ the man replies as he turns round to face her. Asabe looks on in almost stunned silence as their eyes meet. His handsome features fair skinned, tall, pink lips and lovely eyes has her bowled over. She can’t believe a man can look this beautiful she thinks to herself ‘’excuse me miss! How do I store my luggage’’ his gentle masculine voice snapping asabe out of her day dream ‘’oh I’m sorry sir yes you put it in like this’’ replies asabe apologetically as she assists the man in storing his bags ‘’its ok thanks’’ the man replies as he flashes her a smile ‘’you are welcome sir’’ she answers back in a girlish shy voice. She quickly turns and hurries away to check on other passengers as the man looks at her from afar with a knowing smile as he takes his seat. Asabe later rejoins her fellow air-hostesses as the airplane taxies to the runway in preparation for takeoff. ‘’why are you looking so cheerful young lady?’’ chichi questions asabe as she seats down on her chair ‘’chichi what again can’t someone have a cheerful look again?’’ ‘’no it’s not that you can’t be happy looking but this look of yours must have been brought on by something or someone! Hmmm asabe which is it?’’ chichi probes further ‘’it’s nothing madam snap on your seatbelt the plane is about to takeoff’’ says asabe as she tries to change the subject ‘’plus shouldn’t you be busy praying for a safe flight?’’ ‘’babe don’t worry we are covered there is one baba down in row C that has been dishing out prayer points for journey mercies since he got on the plane infact he has been further baptising his fellow passengers with spit uttering those said prayer points’’ added chichi jokingly ‘’really chichi wow Nigerians sha but can I blame him with all these news of crashes dear lord go with us’’ asabe says as she does the sign of the cross. Chichi mutters an amen as the plane starts moving down the runway before taking off into the bright sunny sky. Some minutes later after takeoff asabe and chichi get up from their seats to do their rounds serving drinks and refreshments to their passengers. Asabe rolls her snack cart from aisle to aisle passing potato chips and biscuits to interested passengers. As she passes by the man who she helped with the luggage compartment he sees her and quickly calls out to her ‘’hello again miss please could you help me with a napkin’’ ‘’hello again sir’’ asabe responds flashing her brightest smile ‘’sure no problem just give me a few minutes to drop this food cart and come back’’ says asabe as she rushes off with the cart. Not too long after she returns with a clean pair of napkins ‘’here you are sir’’ she says handing the napkins over to the man ‘’thanks so much and please call me boma’’ replies the man ‘’you welcome mr boma’’ asabe retorts ‘’nice hope you don’t mind if I ask for your name?’’ boma replies ‘’oh not at all I’m asabe’’ she says ‘’cool lovely name nice to meet you asabe’’ ‘’same here’’ asabe responds as her and boma share light hearted laughter. As she’s about to excuse herself a female passenger beckons on her for assistance. Asabe attends to the woman as boma looks on waiting for her to finish. After she finishes helping the woman and is about to turn to head back to her station boma calls her ‘’hi asabe it’s like you forgot this’’ boma says handing over a napkin ‘’I think you unintendedly gave me an extra one’’ ‘’oh it’s not a mistake I deliberately gave you two napkins incase one wasn’t enough’’ asabe replied ‘’ok besides still have it I think it has a stain’’ boma insists ‘’a stain? I’m surprised I checked it myself to make sure it was ok before bringing it no problem lets see’’ she says collecting the napkin from him. She looks at it to find not a stain but a mobile number and words written on it which say ‘PLEASE CALL ME WHEN WE LAND’ she quickly looks at boma face. He just smiles and nods his head. With a puzzled look on her face she heads back to her station. Back at her station asabe ponders over what boma wrote on her napkin. part of her is happy he wrote it but the proud part of her is slightly annoyed that he wants her to call him first does he think she is so cheap that once he flashes a smile she will come running? If so he will definitely have something coming to him and it won’t be pleasant. Just then as asabe is still deep in thought chichi comes in after her rounds and sees a frown on her friend’s face. ‘’asabe what’s wrong why the strong face?’’ ‘’what?’’ replies asabe not knowing her friend had walked in ‘’oh sorry chichi didn’t see you there don’t worry I’m ok was just thinking about a pending assignment that needs handling’’ ‘’asabe I’ve known you for ages I think I would know the difference between a work look and someone-has-annoyed-me look you know you can confide in me right? Yes I might fool around sometimes but you know I always got your back’’ chichi says with a reassuring smile ‘’okay okay chichi you win well there’s this guy…’’ ‘’I said it I said it sebi I talk am say one bobo dey involve’’ chichi exclaims excitedly ‘’chichi you see why I didn’t want to tell you I neva talk story finish you dey shout sotey e remain small the whole cabin for hear infact I no talk again’’ says asabe in exasperation ‘’ah ah no be like that asabe no vex I was carried away please continue I will behave’’ chichi replies apologetically. Asabe looks at her suspiciously shakes her head and continues ‘’sigh I might as well finish the story since I’ve started where was i? ok yes this guy he’s one of our passengers since he came on the plane we kinda hit it off we talked a couple times nothing serious though just small talk’’ ‘’o o you mean that guy that sit for row K wey fair wey resemble john legend? asabe your head dey their but how he take vex u?’’ asks chichi. Asabe shows her the napkin with the number and message written on it. ‘’he wrote that guess he didn’t want to say anything in front of the other passengers but why say I should call him does he think I’m so cheap or that I’ve fallen for him? Hian some men sef!’’ quipped asabe ‘’well it looks somehow true true although it could be because he couldn’t ask you direct in front of everyone so he decided to go this stylish way all the same still call him’’ chichi suggested ‘’chichi have you been listening at all? He’s trying to demean me see I’m not some naïve girl that is carried away with good looks’’ responded asabe half angrily ‘’babe cool down’’ chichi said trying to placate her friend ‘’see this guy you spoke with him he seemed ok right?’’ asabe answered in the affirmative ‘’there you go it could be a simple case of misreading his clumsy attempt to get to know you so I still insist call how harmful could it be at worst if after speaking with him you still don’t feel him break it off and give me his number’’ added chichi cheekily ‘’you no well’’ replied asabe as she threw a folded blanket at her friends head in mock anger ‘’ah ah na true na if he no work for you e fit work for someone else abi you want make fine man like that go to waste’’ said chichi as they both laughed it off. Just then funlola their senior colleague breezed in ‘’oh ladies there you are oya tidy things up before doing your final rounds checking the passengers we land in 15 minutes’’ ‘’ok sisi funs’’ said both chichi and asabe as they got up obeying her instructions. 10 minutes later the bustling oil city port harcourt came into view with its lush greenery mixed with modern architecture. Just then the flight captain voice came up on the intercom instructing everyone to fasten their seatbelts and relax as they prepared to land. Soon after the airport runway comes into view as the pilot guides the plane to align with it. The pilot carefully and gently brings the plane down towards the tarmac at the same time deploying the landing gear ready for landing. A few seconds later the pilot skilfully lands the plane which leads to spontaneous clapping and cheering by passengers within the aircraft. Which is not unusual considering the recent aviation history of the country fraught with airplane crashes and other mishaps. A few minutes after the plane has taxied into its designated area passengers begin to disembark of the airplane. Asabe and funlola stand at the exit to bid passengers farewell not too long after boma comes along carrying his luggage. He pauses briefly at the exit where he smiles at asabe as he bids her goodbye but she responds coldly avoiding eye contact. Boma shrugs his shoulders looking a bit surprised at her cold response. He resumes his journey down the aircraft steps and merges with the crowd as he disappears into the airport terminal. Asabe looks on from afar wondering if she wasn’t too dismissive in response to boma. She remembers what chichi told her and begins to reason within herself if she wasn’t overreacting to boma’s gesture. After all the passengers have left the airplane asabe joins the rest of the cabin crew in tidying up their stations before taking their small luggage and also disembarking of the plane.
Re: Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
Later on asabe and the rest of the flight crew including the pilots and engineers hold a post-flight meeting which lasts about an hour. After the meeting asabe and chichi head together into town to grab a bite before going to their hotel to put up for the night. They find a decent looking eatery near their hotel which they enter before settling down to order their meal. Fews seconds after a young lady comes to take their order. Some 15 minutes passes by before their order of fried rice and chicken arrives. ‘’so asabe how far with your bobo?’’ chichi asks as they tuck into their meal. ‘’he’s not my bobo at least not for now’’ asabe answers defensively ‘’see your mouth like not for now but your eye dey there abegiii! Anyway sha how far with him?’’ says chichi chewing her rice ‘’well I kinda thought about what you said during the flight and I can’t believe I’m saying this but you made sense’’ says asabe. ‘’what do you mean? Asabe be careful’’ says chichi in a mock igbo accent ‘’chichi I no yap you na just commending you ok no vex you know you my girl’’ says asabe laughing trying to pacify her friend ‘’hmmm if you say so anyway what changed your mind towards him’’ chichi asks ‘’well not that anything changed my mind although I felt somehow after brushing off his attempt to say bye after we landed that might have influenced me’’ replies asabe ‘’have you called him?’’ chichi asks asabe who responds in the negative ‘’so what are you waiting for? Call him na!’’ says a half exasperated chichi ‘’ok ok I will jeez if I didn’t know you I would have said you are his sister trying desperately to hook him up on a date’’ says asabe as she brings out her phone together with the napkin that has boma’s number on it before proceeding to dial his line. Chichi looks on enjoying her meal as asabe holds the phone up to her ear waiting for boma’s phone to ring. ‘’its ringing’’ asabe exclaims as a popular Nigerian artist’s caller tune starts singing in her ear. It rings for some time before his voice comes on ‘’hello?’’ boma says as he answers the phone. Asabe liked the way his voice sounded soft but firm with a hint of a british accent surfacing ‘’hi boma this is asabe the air stewardess you met on the plane remember?’’ quipped asabe ‘’oh yeah course I remember you’’ said boma ‘’I know your beautiful voice anywhere so how you doing what’s up’’ boma continues ‘’thanks oh nothing much just having dinner and you how’s everything?’’ says asabe with a shy smile covering her face ‘’everything’s good thank you’’ boma replies ‘’you know I’m really glad you called I thought I wouldn’t hear from you again’’ says boma continuing ‘’when I saw the look on your face after I handed over the napkin I thought something was up but the way you answered me as I was leaving the plane confirmed that you were upset at me’’ ‘’as I was driving out of the airport I was thinking to myself what I might have done to piss you off then it hit me the way I gave you the napkin with my number on it was probably improper I apologize for that’’ said boma with regret in his voice ‘’its okay boma’’ said asabe assuring him ‘’thanks but I know I messed up the truth is I wanted to ask for your number but I saw you were busy so I decided to go the other method thought it would be more subtle that way guess I was wrong’’ said boma sounding sincere ‘’its cool boma that’s all in the past so what’s new?’’ said asabe trying to change the subject ‘’nothing much asabe just there have you gone back to your base or are you also based in port harcourt?’’ asked boma ‘’no I’m not based in PH but I’m still in town flight was scheduled for tomorrow but some maintenance issues came up so I’ll be around for the next three days’’ replied asabe “oh that’s sweet’’ replied boma ‘’that will give me a chance to make it up to you for my past misdeed so please can I take you out for lunch tomorrow or you have other plans?’’ ‘’lunch?’’ said a surprised asabe ‘’well I might be busy in the afternoon’’ said asabe as chichi shook her head vigorously to show her disagreement with asabe’s attempt to cancel the lunch date ‘’you know what let me check my schedule I’ll call you back say one hour?’’ said asabe in a half attempt not to say no and buy time for herself ‘’no problem will wait for your call’’ replies boma ‘’ok then later’’ says asabe as she cuts the line. She has barely done this before chichi lays into her ‘’you this girl na wa for you ooo! What’s all this game you are playing?’’ says an exasperated chichi ‘’ah chichi what do you mean you want me to just go out like that with a complete stranger?’’ says asabe trying to be defensive ‘’abeg abeg spare me the book of excuses chapter 1 verse 1 according to asabe no be to carry you out before bin dey your agenda abi why you call am before? to ask wetin chelsea follow arsenal play?’’ quips chichi ‘’infact I like the bobo him na sharp guy him no do preamble him go straight to the point ask you out but you dey do shakara come dey say ‘I might be busy’ in that your fake phonee voice’’ says chichi making fun of asabe’s accent ‘’so what should I do now’’ asks asabe ‘’you better call him back and tell him you are free’’ says chichi ‘’so chichi you are saying I should go out with him alone?’’ ‘’asabe you be baby? Okay what if I follow you will that make you comfortable?’’ chichi replies ‘’yes but...’’asabe tries to make her point as chichi interrupts her ‘’but what again? Girl stop with all this over cautiousness and live your life’’ ‘’okay okay’’ asabe says as she finally gives in ‘’I’ll call him back when we get back to the hotel’’ ‘’you for no call am before’’ says chichi sarcastically ‘’come dem send you? Sebi I say I go call am wetin na?’’ says asabe also getting irritated ‘’woo I don tire make I dey go hotel chichi you don ready?’’ says asabe as she grabs her handbag and gets up ready to leave ‘’ah you won leave me go?’’ chichi questions asabe ‘’just hurry up sha’’ asabe fires back. Minutes later after paying for their meal the two ladies hail a cab which takes them back to their hotel. Back at the hotel after asabe has finished showering and dressing up for bed she picks up her phone to call boma back as promised ‘’hi boma’’ says asabe as he answers the call ‘’hello asabe’’ replies boma in a sleepy sounding voice ‘’oh sorry did I wake you? Silly me should have checked the time before calling you’’ said asabe apologizing ‘’naah I’m happy you called truth was I was watching a dvd of a tv series to fight off sleep so I could stay awake to receive your call guess it didn’t work’’ said boma chuckling to himself ‘’so have you changed your mind about tomorrow’’ ‘’you don’t give up do?’’ said asabe teasingly ‘’yeah I’m free tomorrow but do you mind if I bring a friend along? She’s been going through a tough break up don’t want to leave her on her own’’ asks asabe a bit hesitantly ‘’oh that’s sad sure she can come so what time can we meet up?’’ asked boma ‘’anytime in the afternoon is cool say two o clock?’’ answered asabe ‘’good two is cool by me can I come pick you up by say 1.30?’’ boma asks again ‘’sure 1.30 is fine’’ replies asabe trying not to sound excited ‘’nice well that’s a date then’’ says boma happily ‘’so I guess you’ll text me your address which part of town are you staying?’’ ‘’actually I’m lodged at the crystal swan hotel near the airport know the place?’’ asks asabe ‘’yeah I do know the area like the back of my hand so when I come which room do I ask for?’’ enquires boma ‘’don’t worry just call me when you drive into the hotel premises and I’ll come down to meet you at the lobby’’ says asabe ‘’ok asabe tomorrow is the day can’t wait’’ boma exclaims ‘’same here’’ says asabe in an excitable voice. Asabe and boma spend the next couple of minutes talking about various stuff from fashion, politics and what not. Later after she has finished her conversation with boma asabe lies in bed looking up at the ceiling smiling to herself. She thinks to herself if this might be the start of something special ‘asabe don’t be silly you are just getting to know the guy’ she says within herself sigh heaven help me! She says out loud as she draws the covers up to her shoulders just as she begins to drift off to sleep.
Re: Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 11:04am On Mar 23, 2016
The sounds of hovering helicopters jolt asabe awake. She walks towards the curtains little slips of early morning sunlight peeping through to illuminate her room. Looking through the window she sees the helicopters ‘’just some expatriates being dropped off’’ she says to herself. After some light exercise asabe then does her daily devotion and prayers before going to shower. Later on after she has showered and dressed up she decides to check on her friend and colleague chichi whose room is just across the hall from hers. Asabe walks across and knocks on her friend’s door. Chichi opens the door holding a phone to her ear answering a call. She hugs asabe briefly while ushering her in as she continues chatting on the phone. Asabe sits down in front of the television and flips through the channels as she waits for her friend to conclude her call. ‘’babe what’s up’’ chichi says greeting asabe ‘’I’m good o ah ah you haven’t had your bath?’’ replies asabe noticing chichi is still in her nightie ‘’my dear don’t mind me been on the phone since I woke up’’ ‘’hmm stinky stinky’’ says asabe teasing her friend ‘’who were you on the phone with anyway?’’ ‘’oh that’’ said chichi with a huge smile on her face ‘’you know kunle? The new guy na!‘’ ‘’yeah I remember him was he the one on the line what does he want?’’ replied asabe ‘’well you know na’’ says chichi with a grin and a coy look in her eye ‘’chichi! Na wa for you o you and kunle? Don’t you think he’s too razz for your liking’’ says asabe questioning her friend ‘’my sister he more than makes up for it in other ways besides we are just having fun not like we don buy aso ebi’’ chichi replies ‘’na u know sha’’ says asabe laughing and shaking her head in mock bewilderment ‘’so asabe how far you called your guy back?’’ chichi asks ‘’oh yeah I know I came here to see you for a reason yes I called him we have arranged for this afternoon so girlfriend get dressed we going out’’ says an excited asabe ‘’oh that yes well I’m not sure…’’ chichi starts to say hesitantly as asabe looks at her suspiciously ‘’I’m not sure I can tag along again as I promised’’ chichi finally blurts out ‘’no chichi don’t do this to me and leave me hanging abeg’’ complains asabe ‘’plus what’s so important that you are abandoning me like this?’’ ‘’asabe its not like that just that kunle and i…’’ ‘’what?! You snubbing me over your fling come on chichi I wouldn’t do that to you especially over a guy’’ says asabe looking hurt. Chichi stares at her not knowing what to say. She shrugs her shoulders then smiles at asabe ‘’babe you know I be your girl no need to vex na okay I’ll come along happy now?’’ says chichi as she pinches asabe cheeks to make her laugh ‘’leave me jo’’ asabe giggles as she pushes chichi’s hands away ‘’to make it up to me I need to borrow your dress cos I know you always bring 3 extra outfits for our trips even if you don’t need them’’ teases asabe ‘’babe like a boy scout one has to always be prepared but no wahala my wardrobe is at your disposal’’ says chichi ‘’correct make I see what you got’’ replies asabe. Later on after going through chichi’s outfits asabe picks a knee length black and white dress. She spends some time gisting with chichi before going back to her room with chichi’s dress in hand. Close to one o clock her phone rings she checks who is calling sees its boma ‘’hi boma how is it going?’’ says asabe answering her phone ‘’hi asabe just wanted to let you know I’m five minutes away hope we are still on’’ asks boma ‘’yeah just finished getting ready will be in the lobby in a jiffy’’ assures asabe ‘’ok then see you soon bye!’’ says boma. Some moments later after tidying up her borrowed dress and applying her makeup asabe dashes to chichi’s room to check if she is ready. She finds chichi also dressed wearing a gold camisole top with a black jacket untop a pair of nice jeans. Asabe looks admiringly at chichi ‘’hmm are you sure you are not the one going on this date’’ says asabe jokingly ‘’babe you look stunning yourself love the shoes too’’ says chichi complimenting asabe dress sense ‘’oh these?’’ says asabe pointing to her nice white pair of louis vuitons shoes ‘’just something I happened to pack in my luggage so anyway are you set boma called said he’s nearby’’ ‘’he don land? Correct where he talk say he dey carry us go hope your guy no dey take us go cheapeh place go chop rice and chicken if na that one abeg you go free me o’’ chichi warns ‘’chichi! Nawa for you sef abeg lets start going’’ says an amused asabe. Not long after just as the two ladies are descending the stairs asabe’s phone rings ‘’hi asabe I’m here just about to enter the hotel lobby’’ says boma over the phone ‘’you right on time boma just coming down to the lobby too let me cut the line so I don’t waste your credit I’ll look out for you’’ asabe tells boma ‘’ok see you in a sec!’’ says boma ending the call. Asabe and chichi walk towards a statue placed in a corner not too far from the lobby entrance so they can see people coming in as they wait for boma to enter. Not long after boma walks in wearing an olive green colored blazer with a nice light green shirt underneath complimented with a nice pair of expensive looking black trousers and black shoes to boot. As boma moves towards where they are standing asabe and chichi are struck by how good looking he is, tall and broad shouldered, fair skin tone piercing brown eyes on a pretty (if men can be described such!) face that will have most women eating out of the palm of his hand. He flashes a smile at asabe revealing a set of nice white teeth ‘’asabe hi wow you look amazing’’ boma says admiring asabe. Asabe looks on in almost stunned silence ‘’than..thank you you also look pretty sorry I mean great’’ asabe blurts out barely concealing her nervousness ‘’asabe don’t be rude won’t you introduce me to your handsome friend’’ says chichi nudging her ‘’oh where are my manners sorry boma please meet my friend chichi chichi here’s boma’’ says asabe as boma and chichi exchange handshakes. Boma looks on knowingly at chichi ‘’its like I know you from somewhere’’ boma questions chichi ‘’yes you probably saw me on the same flight as asabe I’m also an air stewardess’’ chichi replies ‘’yes we worked the same flight yesterday’’ asabe chips in ‘’oh yeah I remember saw you moving around giving pre-flight information to other passengers nice to meet you again’’ boma says shaking her hand again ‘’oh the pleasure is all mine’’ says chichi giving boma a seductive look as winks at asabe. ‘’So ladies have you heard of a place called chang’s seafood delight?’’ boma asks which they both answer in the negative ‘’well it’s a new Chinese restaurant my friends tell me its good its not too far from here just 40 minutes’ drive so can we go?’’ asks boma ‘’sure lead the way’’ chichi says before asabe can say anything. ‘’sweet’’ boma exclaims as all three of them exit the hotel lobby heading to his car. Boma points to a parked white bmw suv and they start walking towards it. As they walk towards the vehicle asabe and chichi exchange glances with chichi giving her a funny look. Asabe had always humorously referred to that look as the ‘i/we don hammer’ look. Minute’s later asabe and chichi are comfortably seated as boma drives the vehicle expertly through the streets of port harcourt headed towards their destination. Soon after the restaurant comes into view a bright red sign ‘CHANGS’ showing in the distance. Boma drives into the parking lot of the restaurant and locates a parking space. ‘’here we are’’ boma announces cheerfully as asabe and chichi alight the vehicle. Moment’s later boma and the two ladies are walking towards the entrance of the restaurant. Boma walks towards the door and gentlemanly opens it for asabe and chichi to walk in. after boma has shut the door behind them they are greeted by a man in native Chinese dress who proceeds to usher them upstairs into a well-lit and tastefully furnished dining room. The man then pulls out a chair for chichi to sit on and pushes it back just as she sit he moves to also help asabe with her sit but boma steps in to help her instead. Moments later after boma has taken his sit he tips the man who thanks them and leaves the room. ‘’so ladies what do you think of the place?’’ asks boma ‘’looks really classy’’ asabe says ‘’yeah quite lovely’’ chichi adds ‘’glad you like it because I didn’t want to take you to some generic place like that so I thought of somewhere unique’’ says a chirpy boma ‘’yes nice and different’’ adds asabe ‘’hope the food is just as good’’ says chichi expectantly. Boma nods his head in agreement moments later a waiter walks in with the wine and food menu. After he has taken their order and gone boma, asabe and chichi continue their small talk ‘’so you based here?’’ chichi starts off asking boma ‘’yeah sort of actually because of my business engagements I travel from place to place but you are right I operate from here’’ answers boma ‘’ok but why port harcourt considering its less commercial than places like lagos’’ says asabe chipping in her own question ‘’well thing is the line of work I’m into requires that I be near my customers because I supply equipment and spare parts used by oil exploratory companies located here in PH plus I was born here and still have some family who leave here’’ replies boma ‘’so you grew up here?’’ asabe asks further ‘’yeah lived here till when I was twelve then my folks relocated to Britain with all of us children that was 20 years ago only came back few years ago to visit and explore business opportunities and I’ve been here ever since’’ says boma ‘’that’s nice so how have you been adjusting back to the Nigerian environment?’’ says asabe asking another question ‘’won’t lie hasn’t been easy but I’m learning fast I guess like we say in pidgin ‘it not easy’ right’’ says boma laughing along with asabe and chichi at his weak attempt at pidgin English. Just as their laughter is dying down another waiter comes along with a bottle of wine after expertly opening the bottle he fills everyone’s glasses ‘’sir ladies your meal will soon be here’’ says the waiter before disappearing napkin in hand. ‘’so how about you guys what pushed you into working in the airline industry?’’ asked boma continuing the conversation ‘’well let’s just say the opportunity presented itself I never dreamed of working in the aviation industry but I had just finished uni when a family friend told about this new airline recruiting new staff so I went and applied thinking it was for a regular desk job not knowing it was that for new air hostesses’’ continued asabe ‘’so inductions and trainings aside five years down the line here I am’’ ‘’nice’’ answered a smiling boma ‘’so what did you read in university?’’ asked boma with a follow up question ‘’oh political science but will try and do some professional courses in PR when I have enough time’’ says asabe smiling back ‘’ok but do you find your job fulfilling?’’ asks boma probing further ‘’yeah its ok pay could be better though but I’m still standing plus it’s not every day you get the chance to see exotic places and meet new interesting people’’ says asabe looking into boma eyes smiling at him extra special ‘’true that’’ boma says smiling back. From the corner of his eye boma sees chichi fiddling with her phone ‘’oh please I’m sorry chichi totally left you out of our conversation what about you what’s your story?’’ ‘’its ok boma was enjoying your discussion with asabe didn’t want to interrupt my story well nothing extraordinary needed a job applied was interviewed got the job and now living the life’’ replied chichi jokingly ‘’I feel you’’ says boma laughing along. Just then two waiters appear carrying plates of their ordered meal. As the waiters place their plates of food on the table asabe couldn’t help but laugh within herself at chichi because of the way she was staring at their meal almost salivating. Chichi had ordered a lobster dish with prawns mashed up potatoes served together with sauce while asabe went for a conservative fried rice with grilled fish. Boma on the other hand settled on an oriental fish soup. ‘’enjoy your meal’’ greeted the waiters as they left boma and co to eat their food. ‘’so which state are you guys based in?’’ boma asks asabe and chichi as he tucks into his meal ‘’we both lagos girls born and bred says chichi answering on behalf of herself and asabe ‘’that’s nice’’ replies boma ‘’you both friends from childhood?’’ says boma asking another question ‘’no we met at work’’ asabe answers ‘’we were both just starting out and we didn’t know anyone who could mentor us so we just kind of bonded watching each other’s back and we hit it off from there’’ says asabe looking fondly at her friend chichi ‘’infact you could almost call us sisters that’s how close we are’’ ‘’aww I’m so touched I think gonna cry’’ says chichi jokingly ‘’but she can be naughty as well as you just saw’’ says asabe teasing her friend while boma laughs at it all. They continue to eat, laugh and joke around until they finish eating their food. Chichi excuses herself to go use the ladies ‘’your friend is something else’’ says boma smiling at asabe ‘’yeah she’s something else a real handful’’ says asabe grinning. just then she catches boma looking intently her she looks back at him ‘’is something the matter’’ asks asabe feeling self-conscious ‘’no don’t fret nothing is wrong’’ says boma smiling ‘’was just struck by how pretty and how down to earth you are’’ ‘’thank you’’ replies asabe shyly ‘’I’m just saying it as it is really so no thanks necessary’’ boma insists ‘’I’m really glad you agreed to go out with me’’ says boma as he reaches out to grab asabe’s hand gently ‘’I’m glad I came too’’ says asabe surprised by how warm and soft his hands feel. They both smile and gaze into each other’s eyes wordlessly communicating their mutual attraction for each other ‘’hi guys did I miss anything?’’ says chichi announcing her arrival ‘’eh nothing much’’ says boma as he quickly releases asabe hand ‘’riiigghhht!’’ chichi says looking at both of them with a knowing smile. A waiter then walks in to clear their table and present the bill for their food. Just as boma is settling their bill chichi looks at her watch ‘’wow is that the time?’’ she exclaims ‘’what? Oh yeah it’s getting dark outside guess we should start heading back to your hotel’’ says boma as he prepares to get up. Minutes later the trio are back in boma’s bmw heading towards their hotel.
Re: Curve Ball By-chrisooblog by chrisooblog: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
They arrive 30 minutes later at the crystal swan hotel. Boma parks the vehicle near the lobby entrance so asabe and chichi can get down ‘’men my feet are killing me’’ chichi laments. Afterwards she thanks boma for the lunch date and proceeds to remove her high heel shoes and walk barefoot into the hotel lobby. Asabe waits behind so she can bid boma goodbye ‘’really enjoyed our outing boma thanks for also being such a gentleman and agreeing to take my friend along’’ ‘’nah was a joy spending time with you and meeting chichi she’s fun too’’ replies boma as asabe stands near him giggling. They both stand in silence for some seconds looking into each other’s eyes smiling. Asabe leans in and kisses boma on the cheek before she turns round to go ‘’please wait’’ boma calls out to her ‘’sorry just that I was thinking my friend is having a cocktail party this evening and would be nice having you come along so we can spend more time together’’ pleaded boma ‘’boma I don’t know it’s getting late’’ says an unsure asabe ‘’please asabe the night is still young I promise I’ll bring you back before your bedtime ok’’ says boma flashing his charming smile ‘’but chichi…’’ asabe is about saying before boma cuts her off ‘’I’m sure chichi won’t mind lets go and ask her’’ says boma as he holds asabe hand and pulls her along as they walk towards the hotel lobby entrance. They see chichi still in the lobby seating comfortably in a chair fiddling with her phone. Boma walks up to her and asks if she doesn’t mind he take asabe out that night to his friends cocktail party ‘’dude go ahead I’m not her mother na as long as she is up for it carry go’’ says chichi with a look of incredulity on her face ‘’chichi I know but she insisted you might object’’ boma said trying to clarify ‘’don’t mind asabe always with the excuses’’ ‘’chichi! Is it so wrong to give you the heads up before going anywhere?’’ asabe blurts out defensively ‘’thank you ma for informing me you can now go with him’’ responds chichi comically ‘’chichi you ehn! Boma please give me a sec to go and change and freshen up’’ asabe says as she head towards the stairs ‘’no problem I’ll wait’’ says boma as he sits on a nearby chair. Chichi gets up to follow asabe ‘’don’t worry boma I’ll make sure she hurries up’’ chichi assures boma ‘’ok I’ll call my friend to tell him we are on our way while I wait’’ says boma as asabe and chichi run up the stairs. 15 minutes later asabe is back down at the lobby wearing jeans and a lovely African print top ‘’wow you look even more beautiful’’ boma compliments her as they both walk out of the lobby towards his suv. Not too long after they are driving out of the hotel compound heading to boma’s friends place.
‘’where again did you say your friend’s house is?’’ asabe asks sitting snuggled comfortably in the passenger seat beside boma ‘’just after the stadium on the river side avenue located within an estate’’ replies boma as he navigates his way through the streets of port harcourt ‘’don’t worry asabe we will soon be there ok’’ he says to her with a reassuring smile ‘’so what do you do for fun back home?’’ asks boma trying to distract asabe with small talk ‘’do for fun? Boma I’m just too busy travelling here and there by the time I get back home all I want to do is put my feet up’’ ‘’so you don’t go out at all or hangout?’’ says boma with a follow up question ‘’no its not like I’m a recluse or antisocial the few moments I have to myself are few and far between which are spent resting and sorting house chores’’ says asabe trying to explain ‘’that said I do go to the odd wedding, concert or party but not as often as I would like my job to allow me’’ ‘’ah ok don’t get me wrong I wasn’t criticizing you just curious how a beautiful and lively person like you not having time to socialize’’ says boma apologetically ‘’its ok not that I don’t let my hair down from time to time at least that’s why I’m here with you’’ says asabe as she looks into boma’s eyes with a smile ‘’so true’’says boma smiling back at her. Suddenly boma’s phone rings. He slows down a bit so he can reach for his mobile on the dashboard to answer it ‘’hello hey boss how’s it going hope you ready to host us well’’ says boma as asabe looks on ‘’I’ll soon be there so make sure you keep my bottle on ice before I get there ok boss’’ continues boma ‘’my friend? Yeah she is here with me don’t worry you’ll soon see her later boss’’ boma says as he ends the call ‘’that was my friend I told you about’’ says boma as he makes a left turn to drive into a gated estate ‘’yeah guessed as much from your conversation’’ said asabe ‘’he’s really looking forward to seeing you told him a lot about you’’ says boma as he drives further into the estate ‘’oh you did did you? What did you tell him?’’ asks asabe with a sly smile ‘’oh nothing much just that I’m bringing an absolutely gorgeous beauty and that he should pull out all the stops to host us’’ says boma as he flashes a grin at asabe who’s also smiling at him. As this is going on asabe sees something from the corner of her eye ‘’OH MY GOD BOMA LOOK OUT!’’ asabe screams as boma looks and sees that they are headed for a collision with a stationary vehicle few meters away. Almost instinctively boma slams on the brakes and the suv screeches to a halt inches from the car. Just as boma and asabe are trying to catch their breath and also figure what just happened three men wearing masks appear almost out of nowhere brandishing what look like weapons. Boma seeing this quickly shifts his gear into reverse in an attempt to escape but he has barely done this when another vehicle speeds towards them and blocks their path of escape. Asabe had heard stories of kidnap and abduction but never in her wildest nightmares did she think she would be a victim ‘’OH MY GOD BOMA WHAT DO WE DO NOW?’’ screams asabe looking at boma sitting there transfixed as if hypnotized sweating profusely in spite of the vehicle’s air-conditioner. The armed men walk towards boma’s suv. They order boma and asabe to step out of the vehicle. Boma and asabe gingerly step out. One of the armed men moves nearer to boma before slapping him hard across the face ordering him to kneel down. The force of the slap almost knocks boma over. He quickly complies and kneels down so as not to upset them further. Asabe who’s still standing is ordered to sit on the ground. She quickly complies as she sits down cross legged. The man who slapped boma stands in front of him and starts questioning him ‘’boma boy you think you are sharp right?’’ the masked man asks boma ‘’sir sorry I don’t understand’’ wham! The man slaps boma again who this time slumps to the ground ‘’that’s not the answer I wanted’’ bellows the masked man. Boma slowly gets back on his knees cradling his left cheek ‘’I’m sorry sir I didn’t hear the question well’’ says boma in a voice filled with trepidation lacking its distinct british flow ‘’ok I’m a fair minded man let’s start over do you think you are smart?’’ says the man with more menace in his voice ‘’no sir’’ boma instantly replies ‘’good you see that wasn’t so hard now we are making progress so if as you say you are not smart why then were you trying to deceive me?’’ the man says probing further ‘’me deceive you I can’t sir I don’t even know you sir’’ begs boma ‘’oh you want to know me?’’ the man asks boma ‘’no sir I was just…’’ says boma pleading his case ‘’SHUT UP!’’ the man barks at boma silencing him. The masked man walks round boma before stopping and crouching infront of him so he can look at him face to face. Slowly with his right hand the man starts pulling off his mask until his face is fully revealed ‘’CAPO JACKO!’’ gasps boma while asabe looks on frightened at the unfolding drama. ‘’capo bro…br..bros na you be this how now’’ boma blurts out in fear dropping the british accent ‘’oh so you fit talk like this sebi you dey blow grammar before nonsense’’ says capo laughing scornfully at boma ‘’capo bros no be like that I’m just surprised to see you but bros you for call me na no need to escalate to this level’’ boma says pleadingly ‘’boma true true you dey craze you wey I don dey find tey tey na him you come say why I no call you’’ capo says lambasting boma ‘’anyway if mountain no go come meet mohammed mohammed go find chain tie for mountain neck come drag for where he dey so let’s get down to business how far with my money?’’ says capo looking directly at boma ‘’bros your money is safe with me’’ boma says hesitantly ‘’THEN WHY YOU NO WAN GIVE ME MY MONEY?’’ capo screams at boma ‘’no..no sir I promise to pay you your money just give me some time please sir’’ says boma stuttering again ‘’time? You want time after 3 years of dodging and refusing to pay me? Guy you are playing with fire o’’ capo says with scary intent in his voice ‘’after you don flenjor carry my money buy car buy house chop belleful come ask for time again THUNDER FIRE YOU!’’ capo booms his voice raging with anger ‘’capo please no be like that’’ boma begs ‘’no be like what no be motor be this no be woman be this?’’ says capo pointing to boma’s suv and asabe. Capo focuses his gaze on asabe ’’hey you get up so na you follow chop my money abi?’’ capo says to asabe as one of the other armed masked men grabs her by the wrist jacking her up to her feet ‘’no sir I just met boma yesterday but I don’t know anything about your money’’ begs a teary eyed asabe ‘’come don’t try that crying nonsense with me after all when you were chopping Chinese food drinking wine your bele dey sweet you where you think say the money come from ehn?’’ says capo looking menacingly at asabe. Boma and asabe look at each other in shock ‘’why are you looking at yourselves oh because I knew una chop Chinese I have eyes everywhere so far you dey this town nobody fit escape me’’ capo says gleefully. ‘’please sir my family is poor and won’t be able to afford ransom’’ asabe says trying to beg capo ‘’ransom? Who tell you say I wan kidnap you before come no dey deceive yourself say you fine reach like that just tell your man to cooperate and you will be let go’’ retorts capo. Suddenly boma’s phone starts ringing which draws capo’s attention ‘’what’s that?’’ he asks ‘’It’s my phone bros’’ boma answers ‘’show me let me see who is calling you’’ capo orders as boma passes his phone to him. Capo looks at his phone sees a chief edafe on boma’s phone caller I.D ‘’ok answer it put it on speaker phone let’s see who this chief is maybe he can bail you out’’ boma collects his phone back but he hesitates to answer it. Capo looks at him and cocks his gun ‘’pick the call now’’ capo barks at him. Boma answers his call and puts it on speaker. A shrill old sounding voice comes through ‘’boma where are you now I’m waiting anxiously for the girl you promised na’’ ‘’I’ll soon be there chief just handling something that came up’’ boma replies ‘’abeg hurry o I can’t wait to have a taste of that girl I don prepare the drink wey go knock am out anyway sha I trust you na correct meat you dey bring wetin you call her name sef? Yes I remember asabe don’t worry after I don enjoy am I go allow you do your own’’ the chief says before boma has a chance to end the call ‘’I’ll soon be there chief’’ says a sheepish looking boma ‘’ok boy I’ll be expecting you oh no forget send me your account number make I pay you balance for the deal’’ chief chips in as boma cuts the line before bowing his head in embarrassment. Asabe looks at him confused and hurt at what she has just learnt. Her head spinning ‘’so he was going sell me out to be raped’’ she thinks to herself temporarily forgetting her present predicament. Meanwhile capo starts laughing hysterically ‘’boma boy you never change snake better pass you o so na this fine peperempe you wan make dem jack so hmmm God dey o’’ says capo as he shakes his head laughing ‘’but you sef you be small pikin?’’ capo says to asabe seeing her crying softly ‘’which kind sweet mouth this guy go use make you fall yakata for am? Wetin him even tell you sef?’’ asabe looks at capo with a blank stare not answering ‘’YOU NO HEAR THE THING WEY OGA CAPO ASKS YOU?’’ says one of the masked men whose loud voice startles asabe. Quickly she relates all that boma told her about himself to capo, his relocating abroad with his parents, his supposed business enterprise and what not. After she finishes telling them capo breaks into a fresh bout of laughter along with his men ‘’o boy you no go kill pesin o boma hmmm your lie lie fit make satan say God forbid na wetin’’ capo says in between chuckles ‘’boma go London? who dash monkey lacasera? No be the same boma wey him papa dey sell ogogoro and him mama dey fry akara for jetty? No let the oyinbo him dey blow deceive you o na one oyinbo guy wey we arrange make him do P.A. for brush am up abi dragon no be so?’’ ‘’oga capo na true o’’ says one of capo’s masked men sounding like the love child of a pepper grinder and auto tune machine ‘’na that mr welsey wey we threaten to kidnap who come settle us we carry boma go give go learn work’’ ‘’bless you dragon because he learn work small come dey speak oyinbo English he feel say he don land abi boma boy? Anyway back to the main issue how far which day my money go land’’ capo questions boma ‘’soon oga capo but please give me two months abeg’’ replies boma stretching his hand out to beg capo ‘’two months un top my N200 million e be like say you never serious DRAGON ARRANGE!’’ capo orders his henchman who walks towards boma pointing his gun barrel at him. Just as it seems he’s about to let off a round into boma’s chest boma bursts into tears crumpling in a heap on the ground screaming in a loud gurgling voice begging not to be killed ‘’who wan kill you before na damage I wan damage your leg mtchwww’’ says dragon laughing mockingly and hissing at boma. Boma then throws himself flat on the ground and stretches his hands towards capo’s feet continuing to beg profusely ‘’guy you funny die so na so you love life reach? Anyway you lucky say I remember how sweet your mama akara been dey if not na 4G speed I for take download your body enter grave today’’ capo says gruffly ‘’thank you sir thank you sir I am grateful sir I never experrerit sir’’ boma says incoherently in between deep breaths ‘’boma boy you funny guy that wan no mean say you no go chop punishment you must surely vomit my money boys ARRANGE!’’ capo orders his men who proceed to bundle boma who’s still kicking and screaming into the boot of their car. ‘’what should we do with her?’’ asks one of capo’s men pointing at asabe. Capo looks back at asabe who is shaking with nervous fright ‘’arrange taxi wey go carry am back to her crib’’ capo instructs one of his men who rushes off down the road. Asabe still unsure looks on scared. Minutes later a blue and white taxi arrives and drives towards capo and his men. ‘’wait here’’ the man who capo had instructed earlier tells the taxi driver as he gets down from the vehicle ‘’oya enter’’ capo instructs asabe as she walks gingerly towards the taxi. Capo walks towards the taxi to speak to the driver ‘’you make sure you drop her safely at her place’’ he warns the driver ‘’capo I be your man anything wey you talk I must to do’’ the taxi driver assures him ‘’as for you mind the kind of people you move with’’ says capo turning to asabe. She nods her and lets out a barely audible thanks. Capo turns round sharply to join the rest of his gang. They all enter their vehicles including boma’s bmw and drive off. After collecting the hotel address from asabe the taxi driver takes her back to the crystal swan hotel dropping her off before speeding off into the night. Asabe stands at the hotel lobby entrance staring in silence into the night sky not quite believing what she has just gone through. She enters the lobby and walks up the stairs as if in a trance. Immediately she enters her room she falls into her bed grateful for life and wondering what the blazes she has just been through.
Asabe doesn’t sleep a wink all night. She doesn’t even change her clothes. She stays up all night lying in bed twisting and turning the shock of the previous night’s events still weighing heavily on her. The sound of a crowing cock in the distance somewhere alerts asabe its morning. She looks at the wall clock in her hotel room. It’s 5.45 a.m. she contemplates getting up but drowsiness sets in. she lets herself fall asleep. Two hours later asabe is awakened by the sound of someone knocking on her room door ‘’asabe are you there you awake?’’ chichi’s voice filtering through. Asabe gets up groggily to go open the door ‘’you look terrible’’ says chichi as asabe closes the door behind her ‘’you no even change your cloth from last night abi your bobo rock your world wella?’’ chichi says flashing a mischievous smile ‘’please I want to forget all about last night’’ asabe says in a tired voice tears running down her cheeks ‘’asabe what’s wrong what happened last night please talk to me’’ says a concerned chichi. Asabe narrates the events of last night to chichi ‘’oh babe I’m so sorry you went through that harrowing experience’’ says chichi hugging her friend tightly ‘’please forgive me asabe I almost lead you into the lion’s den infact boma e no go better for you I pray make that capo torture your useless life’’ chichi blasts in a vexed voice ‘’its ok chichi I was also taken in by him just grateful to God for touching that capo’s heart to let me go’’ says asabe trying to calm her friend ‘’yes o thank God for capo who would have thought a militant with a conscience hope you are ok sha babe’’ chichi asks asabe ‘’yes I am dear thanks’’ says asabe as she nods her head ‘’so what brings you to my room this morning?’’ asabe asks chichi changing the topic ‘’oh almost forgot the office called said we should pack up we are heading back this afternoon no longer tomorrow found a flight for us’’ chichi replies ‘’that’s cool guess I’ll start to get ready then’’ asabe says pulling her suitcase from under the bed ‘’don’t worry babe once you get back to lagos just take a few days off to get over this unpleasant experience’’ chichi suggests ‘’yeah sure’’ asabe says ‘’by the way chichi do you still know the iron smith you joked about yesterday cos I think I might need extra padlocks for that my chastity belt you mentioned’’ ‘’asabe forget padlock I will pay him to make a whole suit of armour for you’’ says chichi as the two friends share a laugh and prepare for a brand new day.

THE END

(1) (Reply)

Burn Ada Burn!!! / Remembering Nairaland's First Fp Topics / This Thread Has Been Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.