Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me (7959 Views)

My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life / "My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife / Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Her Neighbor’s 2-yr-old Son From Entering Her Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by nnamdibig(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
pet4ril:
Amend what for heaven's sake? Let her live her life tthem live theirs abeg.
You can't tell the heart who to love

I have said my own. All I know is that it's easier living together in peace that in pieces.
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by nnamdibig(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
pet4ril:
even if she kill herself for that woman, She can never like her, so its better every one of them should Maintain their own lane

You are very wrong on this
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by Gboliwe: 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
nanaman:
@Gboliwe, your attention is.needed.

I wonder how ladies of nowadays think. Seriously,your Mum should have scold you to back to your MIL. You are MARRIED.Get that right and stop being a kid.You still need to learn the tenents of marriage ma'am.

To you,the MIL may not like you but I disagree,you are a married woman and start acting like one. Visit her,buy her fruits or what you think she likes,take the kids to her for a night,call her often,confide in her even if the issue does not worth it and let her pray for you.

The future you don't know and don't think you can't run to her in the nearest future.MILs are very hard to satisfy just do your best that your consciense will not judge you negatively. Meet eldery women of 20yrs above in marriage,you would marvel what sustatined them till date and how they handled their MILs.

My attention is needed where? shocked I sincerely don't understand
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by aameyah(f): 1:07am On Mar 25, 2016
Truth is, so many people don't care about a married woman's comfort. All they know is how to say "you are now married, you MUST do things this or that way.

A beg, every body should go with who they are comfortable with, be it mum or mil.
Or didn't my heart bleed when I read a diary on this same nairaland where a lady was scolded by her MIL during labour that is she the first to give birth? Just because she was shouting. And then 4 days after birth, she was already bathing the baby herself and was washing her own cloths. Her first baby o! Will all that happen if it was her own mother?

Same thing with my cousin's MIL who when my cousin called and asked after her health accused my heavily pregnant cousin of not being there to bath and feed her. My cousin works in a demanding workplace o and is heavily pregnant. She requested my cousin take time off work and travel to visit her when she knows they will never give her time off at work.
Meanwhile she doesn't disturb her own kids with these demands.
When my cousin has her baby, maybe the woman will start fighting for Omugwo. And I ask what help she can render, seeing that she even needs a nursing maid herself to bath and feed her.

And I even saw the strained relationship between my own grand mum and her sickler DIL. But she couldn't really act up as my uncle doesn't joke with the wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by diva90: 6:01am On Mar 25, 2016
Miami11:
Ignore haters concentrate on your life.
As long as your husband is on your side, the family will come along someday

You cannot change your tribe to please them, just be yourself and when they figure out you are here to stay they will embrace you

Thank You, I was going to tell her the same thing. Don't let it bother you. Focus on building your home and taking care of your new baby and husband. Just be extremely firm and do not allow them to dictate your happiness and what happens in your own home. I'm sensing that they are about to start trouble somehow, be alert and don't even give it a chance to manifest. All the best!
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by diva90: 6:08am On Mar 25, 2016
HateU2:
Make things right yourself lady.
You are married to his family not him.
Don't mind any1 asking u 2 ignore d family. U will always need his family.
Go 2 ur MIL and kneel down and talk. Cry if that will soften her heart and caall ur SIL.

Blood is thicker than water. The family can easily convince ur husby and ur marriage is still very young oo.

The woman doesn't like her and even if she licked her feet, it still won't change the hatred that she has for her. how will begging rectify the issue? If the mother inlaw liked her the omugwo issue wouldn't be a problem, she would have easily understood
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by nnamdibig(m): 6:34am On Mar 25, 2016
diva90:

The woman doesn't like her and even if she licked her feet, it still won't change the hatred that she has for her. how will begging rectify the issue? If the mother inlaw liked her the omugwo issue wouldn't be a problem, she would have easily understood

Don't you think that the MIL saw the omugwu as avenue to bond with her new daughter in law & her new grandchild which she denied her? If this is the case don't you think the MIL have every right to be upset with her? I still don't believe that the MIL hates her outrightly. Yes she may not like her tribe and all that but it's the duty of her to show her MIL that everybody from that tribe is not as she thinks. Someone might have made the MIL hate that tribe so it's left for to show her MIL that everybody from that tribe is not the same that if she can be the best for her son, she can also be the best for her as a daughter & daughter in law also.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by apeleone(f): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
don't tink I can ever have MIL come over to take care of baby n I after delivery cos i saw hell wen I had my baby,we live in same town while my mum is in another state she never cooked for once but wait to b served. I had to leave my 2day old baby to go to d market to buy things to cook while she will b watching telemundo she leaves for her shop at 9am n comes back 10pm daily. started bathing my baby when she was 2days old,she told me plain she wanted a boy n not a girl,don't think I will ever want her around if i want to have another child

4 Likes

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by greenmonk: 10:36am On Mar 25, 2016
ATMC:
Did I hear someone say she should apologise to her MIL? Pls what for?

1) For not coming from same tribe as her husband?

2) For the fact that she was the chosen one?

3)For desiring to be with her mum first time (meaning she's considering being with her MIL when next) which is normal

4) For being hated

What exactly should she apologise for? Chai!

This is a woman that made effort to go be with her MIL who declined on the ground that she went to her mum first...who finds fault with her?

Twinkie8 pls rest, assured that if one wants to love you, like your husband, s/he will find a reason. The same thing applies if anybody wants to hate you.

This is the apc mentallity. Always right, dont bulge for anybody but u expect them to like u. For what?. Live your live d way u made it. Dont complain to anyone.
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by enm(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2016
apeleone:
don't tink I can ever have MIL come over to take care of baby n I after delivery cos i saw hell wen I had my baby,we live in same town while my mum is in another state she never cooked for once but wait to b served. I had to leave my 2day old baby to go to d market to buy things to cook while she will b watching telemundo she leaves for her shop at 9am n comes back 10pm daily. started bathing my baby when she was 2days old,she told me plain she wanted a boy n not a girl,don't think I will ever want her around if i want to have another child

Lol telemundo.

You just experience the effect of being addicted to telemundo. Hope you too don't act and talk like they do in telemundo
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by enm(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2016
Judging by the post here, we should expect more bad or mean mother in law in future. I can't see how one can be a good mother in law without first being a good daughter in law. Too much my, who give a Bleep, I don't care.

The bible is old and according to some people, the information in it is archaic or not in term with present reality of political correctness. Its a pity many christian couple are in the category albeit ignorantly.

To anyone facing such situation or going through any marital distress just pick up the bible and see things change.
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by aameyah(f): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
apeleone:

Imagine!!
Hian!
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by pet4ril(f): 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
nnamdibig:

You are very wrong on this
i assure you that I am very correct..... Who nor go no know. That is it with the case of MIL not liking daughter in-law especially if not from thesame tribe
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by pet4ril(f): 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
nnamdibig:

I have said my own. All I know is that it's easier living together in peace that in pieces.
nit with everybody and not all the time angry
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by subzidi: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Really I think MIL issues are more prevalent among less educated/enlightened MIL. My mum tried this kind of mom in law exertion of authority on my brothers wife and I warned her to desist seriously! In her case, my sil was heavily preggers and mom sent her to buy bread and milk across the road for breakie, when sil got back she sent her again to buy eggs and I refused and asked my mom to use her legs if she so wanted to eat egg! Just because she's your sons wife doesn't mean she's a slave and have no emotions !Meanwhile most of these MIL what they dish out their own daughters can't even tolerate half it from them.
If I were you op, I'd mind my business and stay on my lane! She is the adult here and should know better! You abandoned your people, lost your surname all to be with their son but what you get in return is hate! Love cannot be forced and never compromise your ur happiness for someone/people that don't care!
Meanwhile all those saying if you have problems with your hubby that your in laws will be the ones to run to....trash! God is the only person you can report him to if you have to or seek proper counseling with professionals where necessary. Life is hard already to now start compounding it with in law issues! Who has time undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by sisisioge: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Whew! You should have spent time with them for the amugo thing. It's actually tradition that the husband's family take care of the new born and the mother. However, since u didn't and u can't kill yourself for not doing it, you might as well ignore them for now. Don't do it obviously though. Still seem like you care but deep down, don't give a cutlery! Awon loonies!
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by apeleone(f): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
enm:

Lol telemundo.

You just experience the effect of being addicted to telemundo. Hope you too don't act and talk like they do in telemundo
I don't watch such when I 've lot of house work to do
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by apeleone(f): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
subzidi:
Really I think MIL issues are more prevalent among less educated/enlightened MIL. My mum tried this kind of mom in law exertion of authority on my brothers wife and I warned her to desist seriously! In her case, my sil was heavily preggers and mom sent her to buy bread and milk across the road for breakie, when sil got back she sent her again to buy eggs and I refused and asked my mom to use her legs if she so wanted to eat egg! Just because she's your sons wife doesn't mean she's a slave and have no emotions !Meanwhile most of these MIL what they dish out their own daughters can't even tolerate half it from them.
If I were you op, I'd mind my business and stay on m
y lane! She is the adult here and should know better! You abandoned your people, lost your surname all to be with their son but what you get in return is hate! Love cannot be forced and never compromise your ur happiness for someone/people that don't care!

I do not agree wit u as per d educational levels of most MIL,mine schooled in Europe,worked with Nigerian airways before she retired but choose to behave d way she does,I think it has to do with d individual orientation about life n how she grew up
Meanwhile all those saying if you have problems with your hubby that your in laws will be the ones to run to....trash! God is the only person you can report him to if you have to or seek proper counseling with professionals where necessary. Life is hard already to now start compounding it with in law issues! Who has time undecided

1 Like

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by Kimoni: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
OP, pls get busy! Too much time on your hands
Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by dangotesmummy: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2016
aameyah:
Truth is, so many people don't care about a married woman's comfort. All they know is how to say "you are now married, you MUST do things this or that way.

A beg, every body should go with who they are comfortable with, be it mum or mil.
Or didn't my heart bleed when I read a diary on this same nairaland where a lady was scolded by her MIL during labour that is she the first to give birth? Just because she was shouting. And then 4 days after birth, she was already bathing the baby herself and was washing her own cloths. Her first baby o! Will all that happen if it was her own mother?

Same thing with my cousin's MIL who when my cousin called and asked after her health accused my heavily pregnant cousin of not being there to bath and feed her. My cousin works in a demanding workplace o and is heavily pregnant. She requested my cousin take time off work and travel to visit her when she knows they will never give her time off at work.
Meanwhile she doesn't disturb her own kids with these demands.
When my cousin has her baby, maybe the woman will start fighting for Omugwo. And I ask what help she can render, seeing that she even needs a nursing maid herself to bath and feed her.

And I even saw the strained relationship between my own grand mum and her sickler DIL. But she couldn't really act up as my uncle doesn't joke with the wife.
I'm telling You

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by dangotesmummy: 12:07am On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=apeleone post=44112878][/quote] exactly

Re: Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me by dangotesmummy: 12:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
yeah I guess she really did..
errr

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Her To Stop Being A Lesbian / Post Deleted / Managing Your In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.