Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? (32892 Views)

Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Couple Arrived At Their Wedding In Motorcycle (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
agarawu23:
you didn't tell me tonight is my interview. I for don prepare cheesy

No, I didn't

However I will appreciate it if you could answer the question.

I don't mind 'yes' or 'no' answers

Please do cool

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
pcguru1:

Ok ignore what I said , maybe I read too much meaning

Maybe smiley

Maybe not smiley
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by agarawu23(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
maryhaam:
ok dear,u need propose @iyana ipaja
very close to my arena grin

Just 150# bus.

So what next ? smiley

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by potbelly(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
So what will you bring to the table of your rich husband?
Angelberry:
I don't have to contribute, if he can't provide all I want for the wedding, he can wed the next girl. can't marry a poor man.

3 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
kaziblake:
My own marriage.
Introduction.
Traditional marriage.
Court wedding.
White wedding at dubai.

I don't think you need those

6 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by kaziblake(f): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

I don't think you need those
just kidding grin

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by elrony(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
PresVA:
Who says they don't have money to flex in their marriage after wedding? undecided

Let everyone work according to their desires pls. .. Besides, expensive is relative. .

Lol... did you see the above in my posts?
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by kaziblake(f): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
Angelberry:
Like 3 million will be OK
grin
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by uzolexis(f): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
metrosexual:
The high cost of marriages all boils down to the fact that women have excessively worshipped marriage over the years and therefore the ceremony has gotten utterly expensive.

What annoys me the most is how women take been married as something more important than oxygen or something.

Ask any girl above 18 what's her goal or dream in life, the first thing you hear is "Marriage"

Like seriously, are Nigerian woman this purposeless? You'd rarely hear an American or European young lady mentioning married as her dream or ambition once she clocks 18.

I'm not against marriage but its this facade which make ladies underachievers in life, its this which makes women to be portrayed as the "weaker sexes", and its because of this most ladies are lazy and looking for the random Joe who would bear all their financial needs and excesses under the guise of marriage.

Be a woman of class, have a dream, have a goal, have an ambition other than marriage, something you wanna conquer or achieve before you hit 30.

You are contradicting yourself Mr Man. Ask any girl and you'll rarely hear an American or Europen girl. So American and European girls are aliens baa
It irks me when some Nigerian guys say degarding things about Nigerian ladies and praise their European/American counterparts. How many Nigerian Ladies have you met and how many European/American ladies have you met for you to come to this baseless conclusion

5 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by henrydadon(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Clone2020:
I like how people always wanna tell you how to spend your money. This is a good advice but if you can afford a very good wedding, go for it. Left to me, an average wedding should cost btwn N5-7 million.
shut up ur mouth..u are talking as if u have really made it in life

4 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by kaziblake(f): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Clone2020:
I like how people always wanna tell you how to spend your money. This is a good advice but if you can afford a very good wedding, go for it. Left to me, an average wedding should cost btwn N5-7 million.
Rich man undecided

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by agarawu23(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

No, I didn't

However I will appreciate it if you could answer the question.

I don't mind 'yes' or 'no' answers

Please do cool
I don't know if you took my comment serious, I ain't married yet. smiley
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by kaziblake(f): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
metrosexual:
The high cost of marriages all boils down to the fact that women have excessively worshipped marriage over the years and therefore the ceremony has gotten utterly expensive.

What annoys me the most is how women take been married as something more important than oxygen or something.

Ask any girl above 18 what's her goal or dream in life, the first thing you hear is "Marriage"

Like seriously, are Nigerian woman this purposeless? You'd rarely hear an American or European young lady mentioning married as her dream or ambition once she clocks 18.

I'm not against marriage but its this facade which make ladies underachievers in life, its this which makes women to be portrayed as the "weaker sexes", and its because of this most ladies are lazy and looking for the random Joe who would bear all their financial needs and excesses under the guise of marriage.

Be a woman of class, have a dream, have a goal, have an ambition other than marriage, something you wanna conquer or achieve before you hit 30.
Pls go and marry the white women undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
agarawu23:
I don't know if you took my comment serious, I ain't married yet. smiley
I knew it but I was curious as to what you thought of marital roles
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by agarawu23(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
henrydadon:
shut up ur mouth..u are talking as if u have really made it in life
help me ask am o

He is a clone according to his moniker. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
potbelly:
So what will you bring to the table of your rich husband?
What else were u expecting me to bring
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by maryhaam(f): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
agarawu23:
very close to my arena grin

Just 150# bus.

So what next ? smiley
loool that all
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by agarawu23(m): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
I knew it but I was curious as to what you thought of marital roles
my thought is what I already posted.

I can't marry a lady with millions of #.
We have more to do in our marriage in future than spending millions for a day event.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by potbelly(m): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
you haven't answered the question... smiley. Another question... what if your rich husband loses all his wealth what will you do?
Angelberry:
What else were u expecting me to bring
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by agarawu23(m): 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
maryhaam:
loool that all
OK na
Stalking mood activated.
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by felixxy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
Angelberry:
I don't have to contribute, if he can't provide all I want for the wedding, he can wed the next girl. can't marry a poor man.

1. Wat is ur idea of a poor man.
2. If u can't contribute den let d wedding b done according 2 his pocket pls.
3. Jst shaking ma head

4 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by maryhaam(f): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
agarawu23:
OK na
Stalking mood activated.
loool

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Taryur3(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
This is hillarious

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by potbelly(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
my brother i tire... waiting for her response on what she will bring to her rich husband's table since she said she cannot marry a poor man
felixxy:

1. Wat is ur idea of a poor man.
2. If u can't contribute den let d wedding b done according 2 his pocket pls.
3. Jst shaking ma head
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by pbs4real(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
maryhaam:
loool that all
wre re u amg the duo?
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by makabulchi(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Angelberry:
Like 3 million will be OK
I go use dat bar buy land for ikorodu...
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by LoveJesus87(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Kreamie:
At what cost? What you meant to say was AT ALL COST! People spending over 10million naira on a wedding that won't last 10years..

Wanna know what pisses me off the most? It's the pre-wedding shoots..Being all lovey dovey..Nextthing you know, they're filing divorce papers..And I'm like..So, the whole pre-shoot and shyte was a ruse? angry angry angry angry angry angry

The whole point of the matter my people; it's not about getting married; it's about staying married!
Thank u jare angry
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
I always think of getting married the way the westerners do, putting on a nice suit maybe blue and the lucky bride putting on a blue gown as well not a wedding gown btw the purpose of that wedding gown is to show you haven't slept with any man before, people are just wearing it out of ignorance and because they think its the norm, family and friends present, after we are pronounced husband and wife, i give her a hot kiss, lift her and out we go, then a small reception ata nice five star hotel, and I'll redeem my price at the honeymoon, no noise, no traditional marriage, no custom no go come. Just easy breasy after all she wont want to be poverty stricken or struggle to feed after the wedding

4 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by felixxy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
potbelly:
my brother i tire... waiting for her response on what she will bring to her rich husband's table since she said she cannot marry a poor man
Jst shaking ma head 4 all those gurls wey dey talk say dem Wnt elaborate wedding knowing fully well dat d guy Cn nt afford it. Ma woman talk say she Wnt elaborate wedding nd I tell ha say she sef go complete d balance of Weytin me wan spend. Jst shaking ma head 4 sm ladies.

4 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by potbelly(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
they want an elaborate wedding but are not willing to contribute to it. when the nicca does the elaborate wedding and the get financial stranded the ladies will start nagging. when he doesn't they say he is stingy. *smh* for them. they fail to realize that after the so called elaborate wedding the most important of them all (the marriage ) comes next.
felixxy:

Jst shaking ma head 4 all those gurls wey dey talk say dem Wnt elaborate wedding knowing fully well dat d guy Cn nt afford it. Ma woman talk say she Wnt elaborate wedding nd I tell ha say she sef go complete d balance of Weytin me wan spend. Jst shaking ma head 4 sm ladies.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
felixxy:

Na small thing she should ensure she finds her rich husband, she just has to battle the other women because a rich guy can't have on girl to himself.
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Angelberry:

Oh precious golden princess, I have searched the whole world for you! Wonderful thoughts!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of Yesufa Olawale, LASTMA Officer Who Lost His Sight / Hilarious Video Of Kenyan Couple Exchanging Vows Throws Internet Into Confusion / Kano Women Register For Mass Wedding (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.