Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? (32896 Views)

Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Couple Arrived At Their Wedding In Motorcycle (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Twinkie8: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2016
It saves a whole lot of cost when you do all in one day with one reception. Registry in the morning with your pastor and witnesses present to bless the marriage. Trad later in the day with reception holding after the trad. Invites sent for trad only. At the end of the day, you are properly married without borrowing.
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by ijci(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by praise007: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Cow dey among dowry?
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by blackprowler: 8:31am On Mar 23, 2016
As usual: NIGERIA IS A JOKE! If we refuse to come together to have a national conversation about our values and our standard practices, Nigeria will further collapse into the abyss. We are a joke - I swear! The happiest mind is the ignorant mind; in much wisdom there is much grief. I wish I was also a dumb "follow follow" like all other Nigerians; life here would have been bearable, even happy. The problem with Nigeria is the Nigerian people themselves: their values, their belief system, their attitudes - all geared towards sending them to the abyss and they're well on their way. Our problem has nothing to do with any government; we are the government
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
KOLZY:
Its just Nigerian... Spending so much is more important than what the real essence of marriage is.

flashy weddings

notyn to write home about Relationships embarassed

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2016
felixxy:

Calculating wat u will spend 2 rent 2 or 3 bedroom flat nd also furnishing ur home plus wedding expenses, dat 1 na millions of naira

and to top it all some women will tell you that if you dont have a car and a house dey wont date talkless of marry you
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 23, 2016
blueseacats:
back to the discussion, I just think Nigerian girls place too much emphasis on wedding ceremonies as if making it the talk of the town is their bucket wish. You hardly hear guys talking about how they want to impress in their wedding, but listening to Nigerian ladies discuss wedding details you will think that's what they live for.

i concur
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2016
sokunji:
Guys please take this seriously.it is not worth spending so much on a wedding even if you can afford it.. it's a worrisome trend, some homes have broken up because of accumulation of debts in marriage cos of a mere wedding. Churches should really help counsel couples in this regard.

Truetalk
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2016
Flyingngel:
I spent abt 1.6million naira and it was one of d most moderate marriage. In Akwa Ibom State, it is d traditional marriages that takes d lion share.

thats almost 2 million naira and you call that "moderate" undecided

lemme ask you sumtyn

at the point of marriage how much did you hav in your:

1. savings/stock/bonds/mutual funds account
2. retirement/pension acount

do you own a landed property?

or run a business of your own?

Lets be realistic Nigerians
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2016
sheubaba2013:
What a lengthy write up. AlhamduliLlah for being a muslim. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said; the best of marriage is the one with the least expenses.

Gbam smiley
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 23, 2016
nkemjacob2:
Dats y we are waitin for buari and efcc to come probe wedding spendings in dis country

lolz cheesy
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by toksbunny: 9:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Most tym it's the ladies that want the show off...I got married last year to my friend....after d traditonal ceremony...our white wedding cost little...it was strictly by invitation.
Wedding hall....35k
Wedding dress,shoe,accessories...21k
Wedding suit/shirt/tie and shoe...20k
Cake....30k
D.j...8k
Mc...8k
Catering...45k
Decorations/hiring of chairs..40k
Water,juice,wine we spent 10k...most where given to us by frnds
Card invite.....5k
Photo grapher...40k.....
All for seventy guest.....No asoebi...bridal train...grooms men.....no outstanding debt.

4 Likes

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2016
elrony:

[b]Cretineous [/b]mindset, but it's their headache anyway!

Let the "you go show" reflect on the marriage,instead! cheesy

2. Offensive [b]A person considered to be foolish or unintelligen[/b]t. [French crétin, from French dialectal, deformed and mentally retarded person found in certain Alpine valleys, from Vulgar Latin *christiānus, Christian, human being, poor fellow,
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2016
toksbunny:
Most tym it's the ladies that want the show off...I got married last year to my friend....after d traditonal ceremony...our white wedding cost little...it was strictly by invitation.
Wedding hall....35k
Cake....30k
D.j...8k
Mc...8k
Catering...45k
Card invite.....5k
Photo grapher...40k.....
All for seventy guest.....No asoebi...bridal train...grooms men.....no outstanding debt.

now thats moderation cool

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 23, 2016
delpee:

And then live in a rented apartment or do I assume the groom has his own house? With that amount, you can build a small 2/3 bedroom bungalow in a suburban housing estate and live happily thereafter. smiley Too far? You can let if out to subsidise your rent in the city.
The wedding is just an event preceeding the marriage which is the real deal. Invest for a joyful and less stressful future together if you have that much. Avoid debt as your expenses are bound to increase after the wedding. Be wise!

love ur insights cool
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by mikedimeji(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Clone2020:
I like how people always wanna tell you how to spend your money. This is a good advice but if you can afford a very good wedding, go for it. Left to me, an average wedding should cost btwn N5-7 million.
Really! Isn't that small. grin
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by makapella(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Clone2020:
I like how people always wanna tell you how to spend your money. This is a good advice but if you can afford a very good wedding, go for it. Left to me, an average wedding should cost btwn N5-7 million.
U r an e-diat...im sure u r related to bullharry
Give me 7million n il use 500k for d wedding n so invest d remaining abi we go do wedding finish go dey soak garri wen we fu*k finish?
In calabar/Akwa ibom,we r so considerate dat if u want to waste such money,its even ur church n village dat will tame u...

Mbok ndito Akwa cross as a whole,south south,Eket,Itu,oron,Akamkpa,bayside,calabar south,odukpani,ogoja,uyo,ikot ekpene,yakkur,calabar municipality,etim edet park,tropicana,five star hotel,maitama,moon shine,flour mile,mcc rd,udotungubo opp salvation army,olumba olumba obu,Bishop Emmah isong ministries,ndito plaza,jeniss,marian rd,uwanse,mount zion plssssssssss shower me with likes..

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by feedthenation(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Being very resourceful is very important - marriage more better than few hours of wedding.
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
nbright:
Will a typical naija babe agree to a 150k wedding? They don't care if he has to borrow, the wedding must be the talk of the town wedding. Most won't even contribute to it.

not all Nigerian babes are concerned about extravagant wedding,the guy in question should let her know his stands whether its extravagant or not...my 1kobo!
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
Like 3 million will be OK
3million for wedding? bae,can you allow your guy spend that on wedding?
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
herboshedhe:
3million for wedding? bae,can you allow your guy spend that on wedding?
yes, my dream wedding
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Na imo wedding cost past...especially orlu and ohajia....if you don't have 2 million ....na God go help u
umuahia own sef no be for here,I witnessed one while serving in ABIA state last 4 years,onto say the bae don gt belle,even microwave and deep freezer dey inside the gifts, e no easy to marry IBO Babes o...no discrimination biko,cos I trust some go wan blast megrin
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
metrosexual:
The high cost of marriages all boils down to the fact that women have excessively worshipped marriage over the years and therefore the ceremony has gotten utterly expensive.

What annoys me the most is how women take been married as something more important than oxygen or something.

Ask any Nigerian girl above 18 what's her goal or dream in life, the first thing you hear is "Marriage"

Like seriously, are Nigerian women this purposeless? You'd rarely hear an American or European young lady mentioning married as her dream or ambition once she clocks 18. No wonder why foreign women are the ones shaking the world while our Nigerian women watch them on TV.

I'm not against marriage but its this facade which make ladies underachievers in life, its this which makes women to be portrayed as the "weaker sexes", and its because of this most ladies are lazy and looking for the random Joe who would bear all their financial needs and excesses under the guise of marriage.

Be a woman of class, have a dream, have a goal, have an ambition other than marriage, something you wanna conquer or achieve before you hit 30.

GOD BLESA YOU SIR

NA YOUR WIFE YOU GO MARRY!
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
metrosexual:
The high cost of marriages all boils down to the fact that women have excessively worshipped marriage over the years and therefore the ceremony has gotten utterly expensive.

What annoys me the most is how women take been married as something more important than oxygen or something.

Ask any Nigerian girl above 18 what's her goal or dream in life, the first thing you hear is "Marriage"

Like seriously, are Nigerian women this purposeless? You'd rarely hear an American or European young lady mentioning married as her dream or ambition once she clocks 18. No wonder why foreign women are the ones shaking the world while our Nigerian women watch them on TV.

I'm not against marriage but its this facade which make ladies underachievers in life, its this which makes women to be portrayed as the "weaker sexes", and its because of this most ladies are lazy and looking for the random Joe who would bear all their financial needs and excesses under the guise of marriage.

Be a woman of class, have a dream, have a goal, have an ambition other than marriage, something you wanna conquer or achieve before you hit 30.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR

NA YOUR WIFE YOU GO MARRY!

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by babyfaceafrica: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
herboshedhe:

umuahia own sef no be for here,I witnessed one while serving in ABIA state last 4 years,onto say the bae don gt belle,even microwave and deep freezer dey inside the gifts, e no easy to marry IBO Babes o...no discrimination biko,cos I trust some go wan blast megrin
hahahahaha..no fear..just wear bullet proof
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
agarawu23:
Spend millions on wedding If u wish The wife isn't different from the one i married with 150k .
Infact she can cook and do all the house work with 100% satisfaction.
You will need to employ house help for your wife u married with millions of #.
Who gain? Who lose?
this agarawu sef
come,how did you spend 150k on wedding? what year and what state? I'm waiting biko
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
agarawu23:
I satisfy her sexually and take good care of her. grin

LOBATAN!!!

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
makabulchi:
I go use dat bar buy land for ikorodu...
you go lay the foundation for agunfoye sefgrin
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
yes, my dream wedding
that's nice dear you should be in your early 20s to say that when you dey enter 26...YOU GO KNOW WASSUPcheesy
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
bet9jaguru:

thats almost 2 million naira and you call that "moderate" undecided

lemme ask you sumtyn
at the point of marriage how much did you hav in your:
1. savings/stock/bonds/mutual funds account 2. retirement/pension acount
do you own a landed property?
or run a business of your own?

Lets be realistic Nigerians
lol you mean with your kweshions ogrin
Re: Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
toksbunny:
Wedding hall....35k
Cake....30k
D.j...8k
Mc...8k
Catering...45k
Card invite.....5k
Photo grapher...40k.....

no food?
and what was the total you spent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of Yesufa Olawale, LASTMA Officer Who Lost His Sight / Hilarious Video Of Kenyan Couple Exchanging Vows Throws Internet Into Confusion / Kano Women Register For Mass Wedding (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.