Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion (1193 Views)

If God Is Not The Author Of Confusion, What About The Tower Of Babel? / Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity / Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses - The Power Source For Our Miracle Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by huxley2(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
When was woman created? Was woman created outside of the six days of creation or within the six days of creation?
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Krayola2(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
The Bible is not the source of confusion. Pastors and insincere theologians are.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Tudor6(f): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2009
The bible is not the "source" of confusion but the slowpoke who authored it. . .
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Krayola2(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
haha. . .what i'm trying to say is that there are lots of books that say stuff. It is authorities that pretend not to know the history of the book, and what exactly it is supposed to be that mislead people.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by goodguy100(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2009
Tudor, u again? Poster u are very mad for posting this, if u got home tonite ask your father that,
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by noetic2: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
huxley2:

When was woman created? Was woman created outside of the six days of creation or within the six days of creation?

Eve was created outside the six days of creation. She was created to be help mate to Adam.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by JIL(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2009
goodguy100:

Tudor, u again? Poster u are very mad for posting this, if u got home tonite ask your father that, 

@Goodguy100

You may be speaking to the same person. Someone made an interesting accusation with proof that  Tudor and Huxley is the same individual. I am begining to see the connection myself.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Duroe: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
We human divided a day into 24hours- day and night. What is difficult in creating Adam in the morning and then Eve before the day ended? It was not written that God spent 24hours creating Adam. Adam was made first and Eve after God noticed that it is not good for the man not to be alone. He knew he had to create both male and female but he delayed for a realisation of Adam for the need of a helper before He (God) made the woman (notice not women or another man). So female sex is not just for procreation but as a help mate. Eve was not made from the bone of the foot to trample upon as the conquered but from the rib as a mate not a second class fiddle as men will want them to be. Neither is there any justification for polygamy here on earth ( or in Islamic heaven) because it was not so from the beginning, homosexuality as been canvassed even by some who identified themselves with the Bible.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Duroe: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
Adam and Eve were both created on the sixth (6th) day. The 7th day God rested (from creating things). This does not mean God have not since created some other things after the 7th day. Let's use our reasonable common sense.
If we work Sunday to Friday and rested on Saturday (the 7th day of the week), does it mean we will not work the following week? However sabbathnwas made for man and not man for sabbath. After Christ have come, there is no legality about keeping a sabbath. In fact all days are to be kept holy (i.e living to please God) and not just a sabbath day.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
Dear Believer:

I do not accept the Bible as God’s word because it contains thousand of errancies and contradictions that can not be solved, only rationalized. I refuse to accept Jesus as my personal savior, for his behavior and teachings often expose one who should be escaped and not worshipped. embarassed
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by mamagee3(f): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2009
Some pastors are.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2009
mama-gee You're right but the"Bible" is the key source to confussion in human race today,imagine a book agreeing with the negative and positive same time,not helpful,destructive physically in the lives of the less privillage persons,nonsense book full of twisted and big lies from the so called authors?.,come to think about it sad
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by bawomolo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
human interpretation is the source of confusion.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
@Bawo
Interpret what?,do we read to interpret or to understand?
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by horse703: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2009
oga u r making a statement of fact according to what u belive whichis no believe at all, the bible is a source of confusion? i do not think so, i believe people like you are the source of confusion to the whole world.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Abuzola(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2009
The bible is authored by a fool. See 2corinthians 11:1 paul said 'i wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me'
roflmao
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by bawomolo(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

@Bawo
Interpret what?,do we read to interpret or to understand?

you do both voluntary or involuntary. 

did the first bible come in english? why does the catholic bible differ from the mormon or protestant one?
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by JIL(m): 12:13am On Jul 25, 2009
Abuzola:

The bible is authored by a fool. See 2corinthians 11:1 paul said 'i wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me'
roflmao

@ Abuzola,

You are stupider than I thought. Did Paul write the entire Bible? What has the verse you quoted related to your view? You should know that the quoran you claim to be God's word  is a poor copy of the Bible.  If there was a stupidity scale, I would have scored you 9.5 out of 10. If you were considered a standard model of the average intelligence of muslims, I would consider atheism and suicide before islam. This is a lot to say considering my stand against atheism. If you have nothing reasonable to say fu*k off.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Abuzola(m): 12:25am On Jul 25, 2009
You are just disturbed by what you read. Please go back to church and ask who wrote the new testament ? Ignorant cross worshipper. Thank God the verse is in the Bible. For your info the Quran is explicit on whatsoever unlike your dodgy bible with many contradiction
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by JIL(m): 1:50am On Jul 25, 2009
Abuzola:

You are just disturbed by what you read.  Please go back to church and ask who wrote the new testament ? Ignorant cross worshipper.  Thank God the verse is in the Bible. For your info the Quran is explicit on whatsoever unlike your dodgy bible with many contradiction

You are just a demon worshipper. I feel sorry for you. You are driven by the promise of virgins. You will discover no virgin on judgement day, you fool. you wont see Bin laden to hold responsible for your deceit. He will be spending a lot of time with non-virgin demons.  grin
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Abuzola(m): 2:09am On Jul 25, 2009
And who told you brat that islam is about virgin, what can just two virgin do to me. The differemce is clear between islam and xtrianity, do you even know that christian do not have religion ? Christianity is a relation with them and God
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by mamag3: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

mama-gee  You're right but the"Bible" is the key source to confussion in human race today,imagine a book agreeing with the negative and positive same time,not helpful,destructive physically in the lives of the less privillage persons,nonsense book full of twisted and big lies from the so called authors?.,come to think about it  sad

No it's not accept Jesus into your life. kiss
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by blkmum700: 2:53am On Aug 05, 2009
JIL:

You are just a demon worshipper. I feel sorry for you. You are driven by the promise of virgins. You will discover no virgin on judgement day, you fool. you wont see Bin laden to hold responsible for your deceit. He will be spending a lot of time with non-virgin demons.  grin

You are very funny by your quote here,go and find out how this follow set of chrisitian warshippe,othodox church of rusian,mormo churchs,they warshipp like someone who is performing sacrify,
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by FMK(m): 6:56am On Aug 05, 2009
Duroe:

Adam and Eve were both created on the sixth (6th) day. The 7th day God rested (from creating things). This does not mean God have not since created some other things after the 7th day. Let's use our reasonable common sense.
If we work Sunday to Friday and rested on Saturday (the 7th day of the week), does it mean we will not work the following week? However sabbathnwas made for man and not man for sabbath. After Christ have come, there is no legality about keeping a sabbath. In fact all days are to be kept holy (i.e living to please God) and not just a sabbath day.

have you been present at the period that God created all of that around us ? and you counted the days ?
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Maykelly(f): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
huxley2:

@poster
your the author of confusion. complete confused but not the Holy Bible.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Maykelly(f): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
bawomolo:

human interpretation is the source of confusion.
No human interpretation is in the Holy Bible rather u are the confusionist- but sorry i don't mean to hurt: what am trying to say is that Quaran has human interpretation but not the Holy Bible.
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2009
[size=13pt]Sorry i cant Accept that Death Guy into my Life undecided , If i may ask for what reason? huh. . . [/size]
mama-g:

No it's not accept Jesus into your life. kiss
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by dwonder(m): 1:28am On Sep 15, 2009
huxley2:

noetic2:

Eve was created outside the six days of creation. She was created to be help mate to Adam.

Eve was created within the six days of creation.

Genesis 1:26-31

26 And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.” 27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

29 And God went on to say: “Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it came to be so.

31 After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [it was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.

Genesis 2 simply furnishes us with further details of how eve was created!

However the day eve was created doesn't add a cubit to a Christian's faith so I wouldn't oblige starting a long unending discussion 'bout it
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by agathamari(f): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
Duroe:

We human divided a day into 24hours- day and night.

how do we know that the 6 days refer to our understanding of a day? how do we know a day isnt an hour? a year? a million year?

native americans tell time in moons. someone says i saw you 2 moons ago some people would think that means two nights ago when it really means 2 months
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by princesa(f): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
it's best if you dont argue with them . . . . since we all know their destruction at the end, God has said that he would 'ridicule them at their own folly' and they are the ones who who'd not accept the truth "knowing the truth, yet denying it power" and as long as he is God, "every tongue shall confess to him, to tell what they did with the truth he showed them"

so its best "we dont engage in stupid and foolish talk that would lead to conflict"

Thats my opinion cool
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
[size=13pt]princesa

Oh,Really. . . .
[/size]
Re: The Bible - Another Source Of Confusion by Maykelly(f): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
[size=14pt]If you think Bible is a Source Of Confusion pray like this Dog- you are the one confused![/size]

(1) (Reply)

Is Acquisition Of Wealth A Sign Of Gods Blessing / The Deceitfulness Of Riches / Word Of Exhortation For A Bereaved Man, That Wants To Fight God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.