Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans (2456 Views)

Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. / Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience / Death, The Prosperity Gospel And Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;
and [size=13pt]that which is done is that which shall be done:[/size]
and [size=13pt]there is no new thing under the sun[/size].
Ecclesiastes 1:9

In Revelations 2, Jesus specifically said thus:

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate
Revelations 2:6,15

Who were the Nicolaitans whose doctrine and deeds were found to be odious to the point that Jesus warned of judgement against the Church that accommodated it?

While their origin is not certain, their doctrine and deeds were popularly known. As you would see, the spirit of the antichrist has been seeking to subvert the Church (like Balaam did Israel) using this doctrine of devils.

Well, you would think the antichrist will always be violently opposed to Christ! Not all the time!

Infact, the deadliest operation of this spirit against the Church is not the violence but this depicted by its definition viz:
[i]
the Antichrist "assails Christ by proposing to do or to preserve what he did, while denying Him." Antichrist, then, is one who opposes Christ in the guise of Christ
[/i]Biblehub.com

Now to the Nicolaitanes:

Answer: The exact origin of the Nicolaitans is unclear. Some Bible commentators believe they were a heretical sect who followed the teachings of Nicolas—whose name means “one who conquers the people”—who was possibly one of the deacons of the early church mentioned in Acts 6:5. It is possible that Nicolas became an apostate, denying the true faith and became part of a group holding "the doctrine of Balaam," who taught Israel "to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality." Clement of Alexandria says, “They abandoned themselves to pleasure like goats, leading a life of self-indulgence.” Their teaching perverted grace and replaced liberty with license.
{Unfortunately the Neo-Nicolaitans today now twist Scripture to excuse themselves!!! Even if the interpretation they give contradicts Christ and His Apostles! Some even go beyond and claim the NT has divisions- some to Israel, another to Gentiles and the rest to the Church the latter part being the one they could easily twist to suit their lusts!}
it is certain that the deeds of the Nicolaitans were an abomination to Christ. They, like the Gnostics and other false teachers, abused the doctrine of grace and tried to introduce licentiousness in its place (2 Peter 2:15, 19; Jude 1:4).
{Their followers today start on the mild point knowing that to go out and out will jolt everyone so they start ostensibly agreeing with True Grace but their goal can be discovered with a little extrapolation considering the depravity of the human nature}

The lesson for us is that the church of the Lord Jesus throughout the ages has been plagued by those of the Nicolaitan spirit. The only way to recognize false teaching is to be intimately familiar with truth through the diligent study of the Word of God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Nicolaitans.html

The problem underlying the Nicolaitan controversy, though so little direct mention is made of it in Scripture, was in reality most important, and concerned the whole relation of Christianity to paganism and its usages. The Nicolaitans disobeyed the command issued to the Gentilechurches, by the apostolic council held at Jerusalem in 49-50 A.D., that they should refrain from the eating of "things sacrificed to idols" (Acts 15:29).
{NO WONDER THEY QUICKLY BRAND YOU A PHARISEE TODAY WHEN YOU POINT TO THE FACT THAT HOLINESS IS THE OUTWORKING OF GRACE RECEIVED THROUGH FAITH AS TAUGHT IN THE EPISTLES AND GOSPELS}

Such a restriction, though seemingly hard, in that it prevented the Christian communities from joining in public festivals, and so brought upon them suspicion and dislike, was yet necessary to prevent a return to a pagan laxity of morals. In writing to the Corinthians, Paul gives warning against the same evil practices, basing his arguments on consideration for the weaker brethren (compare 1 Corinthians cool.
biblehub.com

(followers of Nicolas), a sect mentioned in (Revelation 2:6,15) whose deeds were strongly condemned. They may have been identical with those who held the doctrine of Balaam. They seem to have held that[b] it was lawful to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit fornication, in opposition to the decree of the Church rendered in (Acts 15:20,29)[/b]{THE APOSTLES KNEW WE WERE NOT UNDER THE LAW BUT THEY ALSO KNEW THAT NOBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED GRACE SHOULD FIND THESE DIFFICULT TO OBEY! REMEMBER THE DECREE WAS WRITTEN TO THOSE WHOSE PRE-CONVERSION LIFE HAD BEEN CHARACTERISED BY THESE THINGS BUT WERE NOWTRANSFORMED BY GRACE! THE APOSTLES KNEW THAT IF THEY DISMISSED CIRCUMCISION-FOR-SALVATION WITH A WAVE OF HAND, THE DECEIVERS WILL COME UP WITH ANOTHER EXTREME GREASY GRACE-NO NEED TO OBEY THE WORD BUT OUR GREASY GRACE TEACHERS TODAY WOULD HAVE BRANDED THE APOSTLES PHARISEES}

The teachers of the Church branded them with a name which expressed their true character. The men who did and taught such things were followers of Balaam. (2 Peter 2:15; Jude 1:11) They, like the false prophet of Pethor, united brave words with evil deeds. In a time of persecution, when the eating or not eating of things sacrificed to idols was more than ever a crucial test of faithfulness, they persuaded men more than ever that was a thing indifferent. (Revelation 2:13,14) This was bad enough
Smith's Bible Dictionaries

When Jesus warned of the last days, His first statement was not the wars , earthquakes etc, It was:

Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matthew 24:4b,5

Is this not getting fulfilled today?

Finally:
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2 Peter 3:17

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by malvisguy212: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nice one bro. just because a church body proclaims the name of Jesus does not mean it cannot have corruption, controlling spirits and deception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
Since you said that the Gospel of grace(no work needed) which entails the essence of christ's birth, death, resurrection and why he declared his work at the cross as finished work, is another Gospel.

Please, I will like you to explain the essence of the Gospel, which entails the birth, death, ressurection and the glory that should follow, with the below questions.

Why did christ come into the world?

What happened at the cross?

What is the need for the death of christ?

Did christ die for the imputation, penalty, condemnation and guilty of our sin? If yes/no, show us the proof that shows the PROCESS involved and how it happened.

Or did he die over the power of sin over flesh, which means that when we accept him, we will become sinless like him?
To answer this tell me HOW(what was involved in the process) it happened at the cross. And also list one SINGLE person that never sinned after accepting christ, use scriptural proof. Something like "He was punished for our sake so that I will be imputted his righteousness" or "He fell under the influence of the power of sin over flesh(name sin he fell under it's power), so that I will be sinless when I believe in him." backed up with scripture

At the cross, when he paid, were ALL(past, present and future) the sins of the whole world forgiven?
If yes show us scriptural proof. If no, how can there be entire(all) without a complete(past, present and future)? Can there be entire without present, past or future? Show us the scripture that says ALL forgiven sin = Past sin till the day you accepted christ.

What is the essence of christ death for our JUSTIFICATION? Prove with scripture! I am emphatic on justification!

Can you show me a single verse that says faith + right living = eternal life?

Is our eternal life maintained by our right living? If yes, how can your righteousness maintain what it was too filthy that it couldn't earn? ANSWER WITH THE SCRIPTUES.

Is eternal life a gift(unmerited)? YES/NO is needed here!

When do one receive eternal life? When they believe in christ and say salvation prayer or on the judgement day? Prove with scripture!

If they receive eternal life after salvation prayer, what will they receive at the Judgement day? Prove with scripture!

If they receive eternal life on the day of judgement, is it still a gift or a reward? And what is the reward for the judgement day? Prove with scripture

What is the difference between crown of life and eternal life, and it's basis?
Eternal life and crown of life are they the same and of gift? Is eternal life a gift and crown of life a reward? Prove with scripture!

What is the basis for getting eternal life?

What is the basis for getting crown of life?

Are we supposed to live rightly for the purpose of getting eternal life? If yes, how is it still a gift and not of reward for our works of righteousness as said the gopel of paul?

Or are we supposed to live rightly for the purpose of getting a reward which of crown of life and not eternal life which is of Gift?

If jesus was punished for our sins, can we still be punished for our sins and mistakes when we believe in his finished work? If yes, settle the contradiction WITH BIBLICAL PROOF. Because us being punished for the sins christ was punished for , is a clear sign of injustice and makes christ's death of NO RELEVANCE, and also portraying God as a God of injustice for judging a sin twice.

What will be the basis of the judgement of the believers? What will they be judge for? For the sins christ was judged and condemned to death for? If yes, how is judging a sin twice shows justice and doesn't that make God look like a God of justice?

Or will they be judged based on their works as referred to 1cor3:13-15? And if there work is not of good value they will suffer loss, the "suffer loss" does it imply loss of eternal life, that was given as a free gift which of grace nd not of right living, or does it imply their reward(crown of life) which is of works?

If they will suffer loss of their eternal life, doesn't that make eternal life look like a reward that is based on our works of righteousness which makes the word of God according to paul a lie? Prove with the scripture!

If we were not given eternal life because of right living, but for the sake of our faith in christ, how can we lost our eternal life which was not given for the sake of our right living, if not losing our faith(that made us receive the gift) in him by believing in the unscriptural and heretic theology of "faith+right living = eternal life".

Finally, the works we labour and the life we live as believers of christ, should it be on the basis of earning eternal life that has been given to us freely already, or should it be on the basis of crown of life which is of reward?

PLEASE GIVE ME CONCISE ANSWERS, DO NOT BEAT AROUND THE BUSH!

3 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:
Since you said that the Gospel of grace(no work needed) which entails the essence of christ's birth, death, resurrection and why he declared his work at the cross as finished work, is another Gospel.

Please, I will like you to explain the essence of the Gospel, which entails the birth, death, ressurection and the glory that should follow, with the below questions.

Did christ die for the imputation, penalty, condemnation and guilty of our sin? If yes/no, show us the proof that shows the PROCESS involved and how it happened.

Or did he die over the power of sin over flesh, which means that when we accept him, we will become sinless like him?
To answer this tell me HOW(what was involved in the process) it happened at the cross. And also list one SINGLE person that never sinned after accepting christ, use scriptural proof. Something like "He was punished for our sake so that I will be imputted his righteousness" or "He fell under the influence of the power of sin over flesh(name sin he fell under it's power), so that I will be sinless when I believe in him." backed up with scripture

At the cross, when he paid, were ALL(past, present and future) the sins of the whole world forgiven?
If yes show us scriptural proof. If no, how can there be entire(all) without a complete(past, present and future)? Can there be entire without present, past or future? Show us the scripture that says ALL forgiven sin = Past sin till the day you accepted christ.

What is the essence of christ death for our JUSTIFICATION? Prove with scripture! I am emphatic on justification!

Can you show me a single verse that says faith right living = eternal life?

Is our eternal life maintained by our right living? If yes, how can your righteousness maintain what it was too filthy that it couldn't earn? ANSWER WITH THE SCRIPTUES.

When do one receive eternal life? When they believe in christ and say salvation prayer or on the judgement day? Prove with scripture!

If they receive eternal life after salvation prayer, what will they receive at the Judgement day? Prove with scripture!

If they receive eternal life on the day of judgement, is it still a gift or a reward? And what is the reward for the judgement day? Prove with scripture

Eternal life and crown of life are they the same and of gift? Is eternal life a gift and crown of life a reward? Prove with scripture!

Are we supposed to live rightly for the purpose of getting eternal life? If yes, how is it still a gift and not of reward for our works of righteousness as said the gopel of paul?

Or are we supposed to live rightly for the purpose of getting a reward which of crown of life and not eternal life which is of Gift?

If jesus was punished for our sins, can we still be punished for our sins and mistakes when we believe in his finished work? If yes, settle the contradiction WITH BIBLICAL PROOF. Because us being punished for the sins christ was punished for , is a clear sign of injustice and makes christ's death of NO RELEVANCE, and also portraying God as a God of injustice for judging a sin twice.

What will be the basis of the judgement of the believers? What will they be judge for? For the sins christ was judged and condemned to death for? If yes, how is judging a sin twice shows justice and doesn't that make God look like a God of justice?

Or will they be judged based on their works as referred to 1cor3:13-15? And if there work is not of good value they will suffer loss, the "suffer loss" does it imply loss of eternal life, that was given as a free gift which of grace nd not of right living, or does it imply their reward(crown of life) which is of works?

If they will suffer loss of their eternal life, doesn't that make eternal life look like a reward that is based on our works of righteousness which makes the word of God according to paul a lie? Prove with the scripture!

If we were not given eternal life because of right living, but for the sake of our faith in christ, how can we lost our eternal life which was not given for the sake of our right living, if not losing our faith(that made us receive the gift) in him by believing in the unscriptural and heretic theology of "faith right living = eternal life".

Finally, the works we labour and the life we live as believers of christ, should it be on the basis of earning eternal life that has been given to us freely already, or should it be on the basis of crown of life which is of reward?

First show me where you found the highlighted in this thread, then I will answer.

Why not seek the Lord for that Grace that teaches and empowers you to deny worldly lusts and ungodliness and to live soberly, rigjteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12) rather than making accusations that you have failed to prove!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 7:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;
and [size=13pt]that which is done is that which shall be done:[/size]
and [size=13pt]there is no new thing under the sun[/size].
Ecclesiastes 1:9

In Revelations 2, Jesus specifically said thus:

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate
Revelations 2:6,15

Who were the Nicolaitans whose doctrine and deeds were found to be odious to the point that Jesus warned of judgement against the Church that accommodated it?

While their origin is not certain, their doctrine and deeds were popularly known. As you would see, the spirit of the antichrist has been seeking to subvert the Church (like Balaam did Israel) using this doctrine of devils.

Well, you would think the antichrist will always be violently opposed to Christ! Not all the time!

Infact, the deadliest operation of this spirit against the Church is not the violence but this depicted by its definition viz:
[i]
the Antichrist "assails Christ by proposing to do or to preserve what he did, while denying Him." Antichrist, then, is one who opposes Christ in the guise of Christ
[/i]Biblehub.com

Now to the Nicolaitanes:

Answer: The exact origin of the Nicolaitans is unclear. Some Bible commentators believe they were a heretical sect who followed the teachings of Nicolas—whose name means “one who conquers the people”—who was possibly one of the deacons of the early church mentioned in Acts 6:5. It is possible that Nicolas became an apostate, denying the true faith and became part of a group holding "the doctrine of Balaam," who taught Israel "to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality." Clement of Alexandria says, “They abandoned themselves to pleasure like goats, leading a life of self-indulgence.” Their teaching perverted grace and replaced liberty with license.
{Unfortunately the Neo-Nicolaitans today now twist Scripture to excuse themselves!!! Even if the interpretation they give contradicts Christ and His Apostles! Some even go beyond and claim the NT has divisions- some to Israel, another to Gentiles and the rest to the Church the latter part being the one they could easily twist to suit their lusts!}
it is certain that the deeds of the Nicolaitans were an abomination to Christ. They, like the Gnostics and other false teachers, abused the doctrine of grace and tried to introduce licentiousness in its place (2 Peter 2:15, 19; Jude 1:4).
{Their followers today start on the mild point knowing that to go out and out will jolt everyone so they start ostensibly agreeing with True Grace but their goal can be discovered with a little extrapolation considering the depravity of the human nature}

The lesson for us is that the church of the Lord Jesus throughout the ages has been plagued by those of the Nicolaitan spirit. The only way to recognize false teaching is to be intimately familiar with truth through the diligent study of the Word of God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Nicolaitans.html

The problem underlying the Nicolaitan controversy, though so little direct mention is made of it in Scripture, was in reality most important, and concerned the whole relation of Christianity to paganism and its usages. The Nicolaitans disobeyed the command issued to the Gentilechurches, by the apostolic council held at Jerusalem in 49-50 A.D., that they should refrain from the eating of "things sacrificed to idols" (Acts 15:29).
{NO WONDER THEY QUICKLY BRAND YOU A PHARISEE TODAY WHEN YOU POINT TO THE FACT THAT HOLINESS IS THE OUTWORKING OF GRACE RECEIVED THROUGH FAITH AS TAUGHT IN THE EPISTLES AND GOSPELS}

Such a restriction, though seemingly hard, in that it prevented the Christian communities from joining in public festivals, and so brought upon them suspicion and dislike, was yet necessary to prevent a return to a pagan laxity of morals. In writing to the Corinthians, Paul gives warning against the same evil practices, basing his arguments on consideration for the weaker brethren (compare 1 Corinthians cool.
biblehub.com

(followers of Nicolas), a sect mentioned in (Revelation 2:6,15) whose deeds were strongly condemned. They may have been identical with those who held the doctrine of Balaam. They seem to have held that[b] it was lawful to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit fornication, in opposition to the decree of the Church rendered in (Acts 15:20,29)[/b]{THE APOSTLES KNEW WE WERE NOT UNDER THE LAW BUT THEY ALSO KNEW THAT NOBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED GRACE SHOULD FIND THESE DIFFICULT TO OBEY! REMEMBER THE DECREE WAS WRITTEN TO THOSE WHOSE PRE-CONVERSION LIFE HAD BEEN CHARACTERISED BY THESE THINGS BUT WERE NOWTRANSFORMED BY GRACE! THE APOSTLES KNEW THAT IF THEY DISMISSED CIRCUMCISION-FOR-SALVATION WITH A WAVE OF HAND, THE DECEIVERS WILL COME UP WITH ANOTHER EXTREME GREASY GRACE-NO NEED TO OBEY THE WORD BUT OUR GREASY GRACE TEACHERS TODAY WOULD HAVE BRANDED THE APOSTLES PHARISEES}

The teachers of the Church branded them with a name which expressed their true character. The men who did and taught such things were followers of Balaam. (2 Peter 2:15; Jude 1:11) They, like the false prophet of Pethor, united brave words with evil deeds. In a time of persecution, when the eating or not eating of things sacrificed to idols was more than ever a crucial test of faithfulness, they persuaded men more than ever that was a thing indifferent. (Revelation 2:13,14) This was bad enough
Smith's Bible Dictionaries

When Jesus warned of the last days, His first statement was not the wars , earthquakes etc, It was:

Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matthew 24:4b,5

Is this not getting fulfilled today?

Finally:
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2 Peter 3:17
The heretic gospel that is unscriptural is the gospel of "fath+right living = eternal life". So heretic, demonic and unscriptural.

Please, answer my questions and stop beating round your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by malvisguy212: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

The heretic gospel that is unscriptural is the gospel of "fath+right living = eternal life". So heretic, demonic and unscriptural.

what was your question.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

First show me where you found the highlighted in this thread, then I will answer.

Why not seek the Lord for that Grace that teaches and empowers you to deny worldly lusts and ungodliness and to live soberly, rigjteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12) rather than making accusations that you have failed to prove!
Will the questions I asked expose you?
You are afraid of answering it?

Why can't you anwser the question, so we can see the truth for ourselves?

You know the truth, why not preach!

Please, if you are really sincere with this heretic gospel of "faith + right living = eternal life", please I CHALLENGE YOU TO ANSWER MY QUESTION WITH CONCISE ANSWERS.

That's the way you have been running up and down each time I ask you some bunch of exposing question. Man give it a try, let the truth expose it self through your ignorance.

denying worldly lusts and ungodliness and living soberly, righteously and godly in this present world as referred to Tutus 2:11-12, doesn't even MAKE you something NEAR righteousness before God. Because the same Titus 2:11 - "The grace of God(not right living) that BRINGETH SALVATION hath appeared to ALL MEN(not to people who live right)."

It is the grace of God that makes them deny worldly lusts, ungodliness and living soberly and righteous. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE BELIEVE WILL BECOME SINLESS. Until you become sinless before God, you CANNOT reach God's standard of righteousness. But that's what christ gives us FREELY in him.

And it doesn't mean that, when a person falls back to temptation of sin, he has not deny the worldly lust. If so then, paul and peter will be rotting in hell by now because paul never declared himself a sinless but said that he sometimes see his other members obeying sin, BUT GOD FORBID THAT IT NEVER HAPPENED.

When you believe in christ, you are forever imperfect in christ(as long as you are still believing) but FOREVER IMPERFECT IN FLESH.

If believing in christ can make you perfect in christ, which means SINLESS, please kindly quote a single verse from the scriptures that says such.

Still waiting for the answers to my questions!

1 Like

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 7:56am On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

If we were not given eternal life because of right living, but for the sake of our faith in christ, how can we lost our eternal life which was not given for the sake of our right living, if not losing our faith(that made us receive the gift) in him by believing in the unscriptural and heretic theology of "faith+right living = eternal life".

@malvisguy.

Join him answer the questions, if you can!
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

Will the questions I asked expose you?
You are afraid of answering it?

Why can't you anwser the question, so we can see the truth for ourselves?

You know the truth, why not preach!

Please, if you are really sincere with this heretic gospel of "faith + right living = eternal life", please I CHALLENGE YOU TO ANSWER MY QUESTION WITH CONCISE ANSWERS.

That's the way you have been running up and down each time I ask you some bunch of exposing question. Man give it a try, let the truth expose it self through your ignorance.

denying worldly lusts and ungodliness and living soberly, righteously and godly in this present world as referred to Tutus 2:11-12, doesn't even MAKE you something NEAR righteousness before God. Because the same Titus 2:11 - "The grace of God(not right living) that BRINGETH SALVATION hath appeared to ALL MEN(not to people who live right)."

It is the grace of God that makes them deny worldly lusts, ungodliness and living soberly and righteous. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE BELIEVE WILL BECOME SINLESS. Until you become sinless before God, you CANNOT reach God's standard of righteousness. But that's what christ gives us FREELY in him.

And it doesn't mean that, when a person falls back to temptation of sin, he has not deny the worldly lust. If so then, paul and peter will be rotting in hell by now because paul never declared himself a sinless but said that he sometimes see his other members obeying sin, BUT GOD FORBID THAT IT NEVER HAPPENED.

When you believe in christ, you are forever imperfect in christ(as long as you are still believing) but FOREVER IMPERFECT IN FLESH.

If believing in christ can make you perfect in christ, which means SINLESS, please kindly quote a single verse from the scriptures that says such.

Still waiting for the answers to my questions!
I will answer but not before you have proved that rather false accusation.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
I will answer but not before you have proved that rather false accusation.
My friend stop beating around the bush, answer the questions I asked you.

Stop hiding from it, if you truly understand the essence of the message of the cross.

STOP TAKING PEOPLE TO HELL!!!!

This is now showing your ignorance as concerned to the true gospel.

Paul preached the gospel of FAITH alone which you are referring to as greasy grace because no work is needed, and you guys have just introduced faith+right living=eternal life(another gospel). And that is why people are now loosing hope in christ seeing that NO MAN is justified in flesh and making them go into atheism.
GOD PUNISHED THE DEVIL!!!

But, all I know is that it is only a DEMONIC, HERETIC gospel that makes the salvation way too hard for people to be saved.

But all I know is that we must declare the Gospel that makes righteousness of God which is of no works to be made manifest.

2 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

My friend stop beating around the bush, answer the questions I asked you.

Stop hiding from it, if you truly understand the essence of the message of the cross.

STOP TAKING PEOPLE TO HELL!!!!

This is now showing your ignorance as concerned to the true gospel.

Paul preached the gospel of FAITH alone which you are referring to as greasy grace because no work is needed, and you guys have just introduced faith+right living=eternal life(another gospel). And that is why people are now loosing hope in christ seeing that NO MAN is justified in flesh and making them go into atheism.
GOD PUNISHED THE DEVIL!!!

But, all I know is that it is only a DEMONIC, HERETIC gospel that makes the salvation way too hard for people to be saved.

But all I know is that we must declare the Gospel that makes righteousness of God which is of no works to be made manifest.

You should not find it so difficult to prove your accusation! Just do that and ALL your questions will be answered!

I am holding it down like this because you did same on that other thread and till now have NOT been able to prove your misrepresenting accusations!

Say whatever you like and call names but you will only get answers when you prove that maligning accusation.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
Let's beware of neo-Nicolaitans! Any one who follows them will fall in to this trap:

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Titus 1:16

Disobedient? Yes, after all they claim we can live as we like hence implying Jesus and His Apostles were pulling an April fool stunt when they warned us to watch and be sober!

Unto every good work reprobate? Sure, after all they dont believe what the Bible says Grace does for us! eg Titus 2:11,12

Beware!!!
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
Let's beware of neo-Nicolaitans! Any one who follows them will fall in to this trap:

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Titus 1:16

Disobedient? Yes, after all they claim we can live as we like hence implying Jesus and His Apostles were pulling an April fool stunt when they warned us to watch and be sober!

Unto every good work reprobate? Sure, after all they dont believe what the Bible says Grace does for us! eg Titus 2:11,12

Beware!!!
My friend, list out the things I accused you, to start with, if you are really sincere with yourself.

Call you names? My friend I won't call you names, okay? If I have called you, kindly highlight.

And continue to shy away from my exposing questions?
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

My friend, list out the things I accused you, to start with, if you are really sincere with yourself.

Simple, prove that I said what you claimed I said in your first post on this thread. (others are in that other thread)

Call you names? My friend I won't call you names, okay? If I have called you, kindly highlight.
I was referring to the pharisee label in that other thread. Unfortunately you draw this conclusion from your deliberate misrepresentation of my posts. Asked to show such (deliberately misquoted) posts has yielded no result!

And continue to shy away from my exposing questions?
First prove that I said that which was your opening accusation.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

Simple, prove that I said what you claimed I said in your first post on this thread. (others are in that other thread)

I was referring to the pharisee label in that other thread. Unfortunately you draw this conclusion from your deliberate misrepresentation of my posts. Asked to show such (deliberately misquoted) posts has yielded no result!

First prove that I said that which was your opening accusation.

That you don't wanna answer doesn't mean that we ourselves don't know the truth, but you are busy making people to remove their faith from jesus and start to trust on their imperfect right living.

The real truth is that you are confused in what you believe in, yet you don't want to settle your confusion. You need to understand the reality of the gospel of our lord Jesus.

Why won't I call you a pharisee? While you are behaving like them. While the pharisees believes in faith + right living = eternal life.

If it was this way that paul dealt with peter, paul wouldn't have the courage to SERIOUSLY CAUTION peter when peter committed a sin of hypocrisy while eating with the gentiles together with the jews, because the VEIL of law of righteousness was TOO MUCH on peter that he would have liked the gentiles to be keeping all the laws of moses, if not that paul insisted. Gal 2:11-14. Read down to vs 21 to understand more on the righteousness of God which is of faith.

My friend I owe NO MAN any apology, when someone is making the gospel of Jesus of no relevance.

I don't care about your countenance, because the gospel you are preaching is demonic, heretic and unscriptural.

All I know is that I may allow people to pollute my food, water or any thing, but NEVER the case in the Gospel of our lord Jesus.

I know you absolutely couldn't defend your post with my question, that's why you are using your so-called fake accusation to escape the question that would have exposed your ignorance as concerns to righteousness before God.

2 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

That you don't wanna answer doesn't mean that we ourselves don't know the truth, but you are busy making people to remove their faith from jesus and start to trust on their imperfect right living.
More accusations that you have failed to prove using the Scriptures.

The real truth is that you are confused in what you believe in, yet you don't want to settle your confusion. You need to understand the reality of the gospel of our lord Jesus.
more opinions that Awaits proof.

Why won't I call you a pharisee? While you are behaving like them. While the pharisees believes in faith right living = eternal life.
more slanderous accusations not yet proven!

If it was this way that paul dealt with peter, paul wouldn't have the courage to SERIOUSLY CAUTION peter when peter committed a sin of hypocrisy while eating with the gentiles together with the jews, because the VEIL of law of righteousness was TOO MUCH on peter that he would have liked the gentiles to be keeping all the laws of moses, if not that paul insisted. Gal 2:11-14. Read down to vs 21 to understand more on the righteousness of God which is of faith.

My friend I owe NO MAN any apology, when someone is making the gospel of Jesus of no relevance.
But I never asked for one?

I don't care about your countenance, because the gospel you are preaching is demonic, heretic and unscriptural.
more unproven and unexplained accusations. By saying this you direct same to the Lord and His Apostles! I am not surprised!

All I know is that I may allow people to pollute my food, water or any thing, but NEVER the case in the Gospel of our lord Jesus.

I know you absolutely couldn't defend your post with my question, that's why you are using your so-called fake accusation to escape the question that would have exposed your ignorance as concerns to righteousness before God.
It's simple , show where I said so. Why is it so hard?
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
More accusations that you have failed to prove using the Scriptures.

more opinions that Awaits proof.
more slanderous accusations not yet proven!
But I never asked for one?

more unproven and unexplained accusations. By saying this you direct same to the Lord and His Apostles! I am not surprised!
It's simple , show where I said so. Why is it so hard?
My friend, you are derailing the question, trying to confuse people.

My friend, if you are sincere to propagate this your gospel, you so-called accusation shouldn't be an excuse to you.

The apostle paul(preacher to the gentiles) preached faith in christ=eternal life and he said that anybody, be it an ANGEL from heaven comes and preaches another gospel that is not the "faith in christ alone = eternal life" gospel, which he preached to us let him be accursed.

But you are just here indirectly preaching righteousness of right living and yet pretending to be preaching righteousness of faith.

Please, who is deceiving who?

2 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

My friend, you are derailing the question, trying to confuse people.
Pls show how. Quote the posts concerned and show from scripture how I am confusing them.

My friend, if you are sincere to propagate this your gospel, you so-called accusation shouldn't be an excuse to you.
Why dont you clear the air as requested so that we can proceed? Why do you find it hard

The apostle paul(preacher to the gentiles) preached faith in christ=eternal life and he said that anybody, be it an ANGEL from heaven comes and preaches another gospel that is not the "faith in christ alone = eternal life" gospel, which he preached to us let him be accursed.
Sure, so where have I asked people to buy grace by trying to be holy? Show just ONE post like that else this is false accusation!

But you are just here indirectly preaching righteousness of right living and yet pretending to be preaching righteousness of faith.

Please, who is deceiving who?
Once again, highlight ONE post that did the highlighted and parallel verses that the post contradicts!
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
God's demand is still the same:

Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and [size=14pt]holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord[/size]
Hebrews 12:14
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by promisechuks: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
God's demand is still the same:

Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and [size=14pt]holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord[/size]
Hebrews 12:14

Let me ask you this.
Are you holy to the taste of God through your right living?

3 Likes

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
promisechuks:

Let me ask you this.
Are you holy to the taste of God through your right living?
Why do you ask? You've made your misrepresentations and conclusions already so what good should a reply do for you?

Earnestly note the highlighted below:

Test and evaluate yourselves to see whether you are in the faith and living your lives as [committed] believers. Examine yourselves...! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves [by an ongoing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test and are rejected as counterfeit?
2 corinthians 13:5 AMP
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by johnw74: 1:10am On Mar 25, 2016
We are saved by God's grace, through faith, not by our works.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Once saved by God we do good works, not to be saved but because we were created to do good works.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

A saved person is becoming like Christ and would give clothing and food, one without God's grace might just wish them well.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

If you are saved, you will have good works, not to be saved, but because you are saved (eph 2:10).

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The devils have faith-belief but they are not saved, God's works are not done in them.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

We are not saved by faith, we are saved by God's grace through faith, a person having no works accompanying his belief is not a saved person, having a dead faith.
The works are God's and may be no more than the changes He does in us, becoming more like Christ day by day.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

We are saved by grace through faith. That faith is not just faith-belief as the devils have, but it is faith-belief with works, the works of God in us, bringing us to Christ likeness.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

There is a living faith, where you live that faith, it is the faith that the saved have.
And there is a dead faith, where you don't have to live according to that faith, those with that faith are not among the saved.

Those who say things like: "once saved you can do anything at all, ignore the Holy Spirit, live a life of sin etc. etc. and still be saved", are wrong, the unsaved can live that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2016
johnw74:
We are saved by God's grace, through faith, not by our works.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Once saved by God we do good works, not to be saved but because we were created to do good works.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

A saved person is becoming like Christ and would give clothing and food, one without God's grace might just wish them well.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

If you are saved, you will have good works, not to be saved, but because you are saved (eph 2:10).

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The devils have faith-belief but they are not saved, God's works are not done in them.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

We are not saved by faith, we are saved by God's grace through faith, a person having no works accompanying his belief is not a saved person, having a dead faith.
The works are God's and may be no more than the changes He does in us, becoming more like Christ day by day.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

We are saved by grace through faith. That faith is not just faith-belief as the devils have, but it is faith-belief with works, the works of God in us, bringing us to Christ likeness.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

There is a living faith, where you live that faith, it is the faith that the saved have.
And there is a dead faith, where you don't have to live according to that faith, those with that faith are not among the saved.

Those who say things like: "once saved you can do anything at all, ignore the Holy Spirit, live a life of sin etc. etc. and still be saved", are wrong, the unsaved can live that way.

Very true!!!
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2016
THE MAKING OF A NEO-NICOLAITAN:

He was once saved but had issues with some besetting sins. Initially, as described in Romans 7, he desired deliverance therefrom because he realized it had no place in the life of a saint. Unfortunately, he continued indulging and his conscience began to get silent till he finally seared it with a hot iron. He then twists certain scriptures to suit his new status (false teachers that help him in this regard are never in short supply) and ignore other Bible passages that condemn sin in the lives of those who say they are saved.

Any one that reminds him of these verses is tagged a pharisee!
They claim to have peace but it is not that from the Spirit but the absence of warnings from a silenced conscience!
Many shall say ...in thy Name have done MANY wonderful works, but I will say I never knew you, DEPART from Me ye that work iniquity.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by jmann2(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
You are great and full of revelation.
It is one thing to know God and another thing to know him better.
We need people like you on our pulpits.
The black church is in a deep mess.
A lot of errors and contradictions abound in our assembly.
Faith + right living =eternal life is a grave error.
The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our lord.
If I need right living to gain life, then, God becomes a liar.
The problem with an average black person is lack of understanding. He hardly studies.
A black person believes in the finished product and not the process involved in producing the product.
He wants miracles, blessings and wonders, but he refuses to understand God and know him better.
That is why many pastors are exploiting their ignorance.
Call me on 07018529196.
I love wise men like you

promisechuks:

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
jmann2:
You are great and full of revelation.
It is one thing to know God and another thing to know him better.
We need people like you on our pulpits.
The black church is in a deep mess.
A lot of errors and contradictions abound in our assembly.
Faith + right living =eternal life is a grave error.
Kindly help an ignorant brother, show me where that is suggested in this thread.

The gift of God is eternal life in through Christ Jesus our Lord.
If I need right living to gain life, then, God becomes a liar.
That's ridiculous! Asking a dead man to gain life by living healthy?!!! Rather give him life and expect him to awake to Life!

However, the emphasis of this thread is the emphasis of the chapter whence you got the highlighted:

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Romans 6:22
The absence of the fruit indicates the absence of Life all professions of faith notwithstanding.

The problem with an average black person is lack of understanding. He hardly studies.
A black person believes in the finished product and not the process involved in producing the product.
He wants miracles, blessings and wonders, but he refuses to understand God and know him better.
That is why many pastors are exploiting their ignorance.
Call me on 07018529196.
I love wise men like you

Noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by jmann2(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Are you Sinless?
Have u really kept all God's law?
What is your own understanding of holiness?
Keeping law?

Go and learn the meaning of the text below.
"David says the same thing when he speaks of the BLESSEDNESS OF THE MAN THAT GOD CREDITS RIGHTEOUSNESS APART FROM WORK"(Romans 4:6)

Do you believe that God can count man righteous without taking into consideration his work?
The gospel is hard even for Christians to accept.

Do you believe that God justifies the ungodly?
" However to the man who does not work but BELIEVES GOD WHO JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY, HIS FAITH IS counted AS RIGHTEOUSNESS "(Romans 4:5)

A holy God justifying the ungodly as a result of their faith in his Son.

And this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

God is not as wicked as you were told.

He is GRACIOUS.
GRACE IS WHEN GOD GIVES YOU AN UNDESERVED RIGHTEOUSNESS.
YOU DONT deserve it because you couldn't keep his law, yet he gave it to you.

Go and preach the GOSPEL OF HIS GRACE.

GRACE, GRACE , GRACE .
THE GOD OF ALL GRACE

Scholar8200:
THE MAKING OF A NEO-NICOLAITAN:

He was once saved but had issues with some besetting sins. Initially, as described in Romans 7, he desired deliverance therefrom because he realized it had no place in the life of a saint. Unfortunately, he continued indulging and his conscience began to get silent till he finally seared it with a hot iron. He then twists certain scriptures to suit his new status (false teachers that help him in this regard are never in short supply) and ignore other Bible passages that condemn sin in the lives of those who say they are saved.

Any one that reminds him of these verses is tagged a pharisee!
They claim to have peace but it is not that from the Spirit but the absence of warnings from a silenced conscience!
Many shall say ...in thy Name have done MANY wonderful works, but I will say I never knew you, DEPART from Me ye that work iniquity.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Indeed this is true:
5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness
Romans 4:5

Moreover, does it stop there? Is calvary God's pledge to continue to forgive while we revel in ungodliness? NO!!!

After He justifies us, we are, by faith, ushered into Grace:

5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God
Romans 5:1,2

The Grace He gives works in us thus:

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:11-12

As we abide in Him, we receive this grace and the fruit of holiness (without which no man shall see the Lord Hebrews 12:14) will be visible in our lives.

Now if this is not so, kindly explain these verses quoted here with respect to other parts of the NT and the OT promises as rgds the New covenant.
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by sonofthunder: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
shall we continue in sin and ask for grace to abound?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
Scriptures:
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
2 Corinth 12:21

Nicolaitan: But, bro Paul, dont you understand grace? Why ask them to repent? Are they not 'permanently saved no matter what they do'?

Scriptures:
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Moderator:
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
2 Peter 3:17 Ephesians 5:5,6

Niolaitan: (murmuring) but they cannot fall since they are beloved
Re: Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans by Scholar8200(m): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Romans 5:1

God's Provision is complete and settled forever in Heaven, we access same by faith. Now our faith is not settled in Heaven, it may be wavering, lacking in certain qualities, it may fail, it may be cast away, we may drawback or fall therefrom etc hence the need to watch and hold fast and the LIE of once saved for ever saved!

Now is faith up to God to give? No! Obviously faith cannot be exercised sans the cooperation of the will. Hence the command:

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:29

How do I believe on Him? Hear Peter:

37b Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:37b,38

The question asked in both cases were the same while the latter answer breaks down the former showing the way we appropriate Heaven's Provision. However, we are commanded to remain steadfast and endure in the same to the end as the only condition of Final Salvation.

Let no man deceive you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Horemow Int'l Bible Study Live With Pst Paul RiKA NOW! / Keep Your Wife Away From Pastors, Many Pastors Are Demons & Lovers Of Money / Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.