Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,509 members, 7,954,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. (11696 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates PDP On Supreme Court Judgement / Bola Tinubu And Nana Akufo-Addo, President-Elect Of Ghana Pictured Together / Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by 175(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2016

Having followed the elections in the Republic of Benin very closely, I am very impressed with the orderly manner with which the administration of President Boni Yayi conducted those polls. They were adjudged peaceful, credible and transparent by local and international observers and President Yayi deserves commendation for providing the leadership that led to this outcome.

I also congratulate the people of the Republic of Benin for their role in the election and for showing the world that the Republic of Benin and its citizens have come of age in the practice of democracy.

I especially wish to appreciate the incumbent Prime Minister of the Republic of Benin, Mr. Lionel Zinsou, who was a candidate for President, for his exemplary conduct of conceding defeat and congratulating the choice of the people, Mr. Patrice Talon, on his victory at the polls. Such a gesture by Prime Minister Zinsou is rare and should be applauded by all statesmen as the highest display of patriotism and maturity.
Finally, I congratulate Mr. Patrice Talon on his victory and wish him a successful and peaceful tenure after his swearing in even as I urge that there should be no victor or vanquished in this process. All the Beninoise people are winners and have cause to be proud of their nation. GEJ.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1119750958075277&id=105479482835768&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6264983630604961882%3Amf_story_key.-1659501261939586058

Photo: GEJ with outgoing Benin Republic President

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by baralatie(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
smiley
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by bustykasa(f): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
Very well done

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by PRYCE(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
Democracy itself should shake hands with Jonathan!

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by 175(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
PRYCE:
Democracy itself should shake hands with Jonathan!

Unlike the Bubu in Aso Rock!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by luvinhubby(m): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2016
GEJ is Africa's role model, no be only temitemi own.

Watch my APC friends get angry on this. cheesy

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by tunwumi: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2016
Well good for them. Bird of a feather. A failure congratulating another rejected failure. If they have been good to their people would they have been rejected in the first instance?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by jaydee8(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
GEJ we re sorry, APC scamed us! Walahi we dey miss you... things re not dsame

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Sijo01(f): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Gej, the hero of democracy

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Shehucom(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Now everyone will be praising GEJ coz he set a pace for others to follow. But the truth still remains even if he had won, Nigeria wouldn't be any better than it is at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by DONSMITH123(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
ISOKAY

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by MVLOX(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2016
He followed the example GEJ laid behind..... I hope more african leaders do same too

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by seunwen2(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Buhari IS A DULLARD

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Jalal(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2016
does he still think he is president?
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by html14java(f): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2016
[size=14pt]You will not appreciate the Value of what you have unil you lose it.

Zombies are beginning to fall in love with GEJ - the Hero of Democracy.

Boo Boo, Tame your Ego and Learn from GEJ.[/size]

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by truthspeaks: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Congrats to u too
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Our Role Model has Spoken

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by SageTravels: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Hope we are seeing the positive impact of what GEJ did last year. other Africa leaders are now following his footsteps. Don't be surprise some APC members will come here call him the most corrupt president. we no them. APC can never appreciate good things

GEJ my hero. Father of African Democracy.
You did what BUHARI cannot do.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Leviseed: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Hero of democracy had spoken.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2016
Jalal:
does he still think he is president?

Hate is all u have left in ur humanity.... Change ur ways

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by omoijesa(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2016
OH my precious GEJ...nigerians av missed u preety much compare to D2 dat is absolutely confuse with his bunch of criminal

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by boboLIL(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2016
Oga Jona... Peaceful man... Strongest man in Nigeria.. We miss you badly.... Even zombies are now wailing and seeking for u to come back buh its too late... God bless ur soul sir...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by BabaAgba001(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2016
luvinhubby:
GEJ is Africa's role model.

Watch my APC friends get angry on this. cheesy
. A role model for a true elderstateman.

Am proud to call him my President. cry cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by ademega(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2016
respect is reciprocal
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by philtex(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2016
seunwen2:
Buhari IS A DULLARD
you're right Brufffff!!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by eleojo23: 8:28am On Mar 23, 2016
God bless GEJ jare.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2016
I hope when buhari will be booted out come 2019, he will emulate these role models by conceding defeat and vacate aso rock immediately?

I no wan hear say him try prove stubborn cos na dia wahala go cast.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by eleko1: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2016
sad angry shocked
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by plaetton: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Jonathan is a world class act , who has set the gold standard for statesmanship in Africa.

We can all see that it's beginning to rub off on other African leaders one after another.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Brianpat(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2016
Well said
Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by Justicealh3(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2016
GEJ plz help me tell this President that........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. by magicalBae(f): 8:32am On Mar 23, 2016
Jona jona kiss

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: PDP Fixes Presidential Primary Poll For May 28 / Lagos Govt, Drivers Meeting Continues Friday, Strike Persists / Fake Currency Syndicate Smash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.