Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar (13466 Views)

See What Governor Udom Is Doing To Ensure 24 Hours Electricity In AKS / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mu2sa2: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2016
Goke7:
The man is signing something with dubai now, am not hearing anybody especially the wailers crying islamization, if its PMB or any northern state now, this is what the wailers will be crying about grin
Don't mind the hypocrite. You even see them moving their wedding to the Islamic land of Dubai.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mu2sa2: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2016
Goke7:
The man is signing something with dubai now, am not hearing anybody especially the wailers crying islamization, if its PMB or any northern state now, this is what the wailers will be crying about grin
Don't mind the hypocrites. You even see them moving their wedding to the Islamic land of Dubai.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by AZeD1(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2016
Mayflowa:

Unfortunately, our supposedly abundant gas has been the bane of power generation in this country. As you said, gas turbine is easier and cheaper to start, however, it is not the first choice of power generation for a city.

Steam power and hydro power are! These are used for base load while gas turbine are switched on during peak demand. Do you know why is this?

Gas turbine plant has limit to Megawatt generation while the other two can go into thousands of Megawatts.

Again, you can get 24 hours from solar generator. There are battery storage during reduced light. If oyibo with no sun can power for 24 hours talk less us. This is a good source of energy for the North. Note, I am not referring to those quack solar street projects! Those are rip off.
Where did you get that from?
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by EtimStephen: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2016
HE IS A HARD WORKING GOVERNOR AND VISIONIST
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Reference(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2016
400billionman:

The former governor was like a pillar of salt..

Whenever i expressed dissappointments in him, some commentators will be like, Cross River oil wells have been seeded to Akwa Ibom. What do i want the governor to do ?

Thats mental laziness.

Same state with a new governor, different results.

Ayade came from the PRIVATE SECTOR, Shell Petroleum. Imoke came from Government, former Minister.....wait for it.....amongst others POWER. Do we bring a grade school student to do Quantitative Reasoning on these two to find out.....WHY!!!!
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Mayflowa(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2016
AZeD1:

Where did you get that from?

I know because I am an energy consultant. Let me be clearer: I was referring to efficiency and trade offs in that context
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Reference(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2016
jumich1:

bad belle, how many is your state generating? in fact what's the current power output nationwide?

if all 36 states of the federation should generate 100 mega watts of electricity, put it together and tell me if we haven't solved quarter of the power problems of the country

Thank you. More than that sef. 100 Mw x 36 states is 3,600 mega watts: 90% of Nigeria's present installed capacity. 100 megawatts is just 200 No. 500 Kva generators in each state. ONLY 200 BIG GENERATORS IN EACH STATE. Ayade has already installed 6 No. Tied in Grid in Obudu producing 4 Mega watts and plans more all over the state. This is dirty, unsustainable and expensive but with solar that has zero running costs and zero carbon emissions it more than makes up.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
toprealman:
uyo, delta and calabar governors should wake up. They are barely on the news.
. Enugu same
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by ODUBEZE: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Rikidony:
after imoke wasted 8years in office doing nothing.

Ayade is here for the rescue

lalasticlala seun
The same state some good for nothing gov. will say that there is no money. waiting for FG for everything while others reduce workers salaries!
God bless those people who did not disappoint those who elected them.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by AZeD1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mayflowa:

I know because I am an energy consultant. Let me be clearer: I w[b]as referring to efficiency and trade offs in that context [/b]
This is better...You should have put a caveat in the first post. wink
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by ijebu2020: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
somebody tell me pls where is this man self the former governor Liyel Imoke he hasnt been in the news for a very very long time..pls where Him dey.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by hornyman(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pangea:
angry
What is this rubbish?
100 megawatt?
Is that even enough to power a city?

Its better than nothing. At least he starts from somewhere unlike some governors that did nothing, always depend on the federal to bail them out always!
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by hornyman(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sijo01:
Nice one. I wish you well.
Oshiomole does not have the brain capacity to think or execute such project in Edo.

Lol. D man na talkathief, lacks action. Na only to cause quarrel between peeps him sabi. Trouble maker!
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by skedy1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
ChappyChase:
The Convoy Governor is talking!

Hehehe,Governor siren!
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by ChappyChase: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
skedy1:

Hehehe,Governor siren!
Hahhahahahah! So you don notice the bobo!?
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by poseidon12: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
truthalways:
Are state governors permitted to generate power for their states
If yes, then i think we should all start focusing our attention on all these stupid governors angry

If they are not permitted to generate power then something must be wrong with our laws.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by poseidon12: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pangea:
angry
What is this rubbish?
100 megawatt?

100MW is a lot of power. They can have a cluster of 100MW around the state.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by skedy1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
ChappyChase:
Hahhahahahah! So you don notice the bobo!?
Me de wit am here live na...
E go toilet,siren!
E go bathroom,siren!
E 1 chop,siren!
Etc
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Sprintx24(m): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
makapella:
mbok ndito eka,whr is dz idiot ikot iwa from..
U enemy of progress
In Mc Galaxie's voice:Shame on u

Hahaha..... Eyen ka mmi.... U just kill me with laf here oo
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by codemaniacs: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Activa:

Thank you!
Personally, I think the solution to our power problem lies with the states.
Each state should provide power for her people. Simple.
This national grid of a thing is slowing the country down.
National grid is to make sure the south does not leave the north behind.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by poseidon12: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
ogb5:
This is a white elephant project destined to fail from the onset.

I believe the aim of the project is just to steal money. Below are my reasons

1. 15 million dollars can not build a 100 megawatt solar power plant. You will need a minimum of 150 million dollars for that at the current power plant benchmark cost.

2. Solar power plant does not generate power 24 hours a day. It stops working at night, saying it will provide 24 hours power is only meant to deceive people.

3. Any government in southern nigeria that wants to build a successful power plant will build a gas powered power plant. It is cheaper to build than solar, the required gas feedstock is abundant in the south and it is a proven technology that can be easily scaled up. Every politician knows this, any one going for solar power plant in the south is simply after the sensational headlines, while looting in the process.

I refuse to be deceived.

You might be right on your point number 1 about the cost.
But I disagree with points 2 and 3. With adequate storage, solar power can provide 24 hours power supply.
For utility scale power supply, I guess they would be implementing Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) and would probably use molten salt for storage of heat. The heat is then used to produce steam to drive the turbines for power generation. The molten salt can retain the heat for several days. So the CSP plant can actually provide 24 hours power supply. This is a proven technology that is already in use.
There is an abundance of sun in any part of Nigeria. Every state should harness the abundant solar energy to generate power. At least we will not have to worry about gas pipelines being vandalized.
This is a commendable project and definitely not white elephant.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by baralatie(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
A solar farm is a total waste!
If I was him I would rather link a gas line to tinapa and build a 1000-2000mw gas plant
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by babyfaceafrica: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
A working govenor ..not like pomo cutter fayose
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by bankybobo11: 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Brainiac
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by capip120(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pangea:
angry
What is this rubbish?
100 megawatt?
Just because you heard the word 100megawatts doesn't mean that the output is small. For the record, 1megewatt have the capacity to power 1000 homes. Surprised? Don't be now, multiply it by hundred and it gives you 100 x 1000 = 100,000. The numerical output may be low but the capacity is great. Hence it will go a long way to solve power outage problems. Cheers Bro cool cool cool
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mikolo80: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Activa:

Thank you!

Personally, I think the solution to our power problem lies with the states.

Each state should provide power for her people. Simple.

This national grid of a thing is slowing the country down.
what is stopping the states from getting license from fg. obj privatised it. and only refused tinubu cos na opposition. only ignorant or wicked will use national grid as excuse

1 Like

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mikolo80: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
truthalways:
Are state governors permitted to generate power for their states
If yes, then i think we should all start focusing our attention on all these stupid governors angry
anybody is once you pay for license
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mikolo80: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pangea:
angry
What is this rubbish?
100 megawatt?
what I thought but it's solar and we go start somewhere
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mikolo80: 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
Goke7:
you de mind d mumus
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by somtookeke(m): 3:40am On Dec 28, 2019
Carnival is a business venture in Nigeria – Gov Ben Ayade

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/carnival-is-business-venture-in-nigeria.html

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Sonnyboom: 7:53am On Dec 28, 2019
So how far with the rescue my brother ?;

Rikidony:
after imoke wasted 8years in office doing nothing.

Ayade is here for the rescue

lalasticlala seun
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Rikidony(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2019
Sonnyboom:
So how far with the rescue my brother ?;
bro Ayade na mad man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insurgents Using Illegal Mining To Finance Banditry – Military / Babatunde Ogunnaike, Co-Author Of National Anthem Dies At 65 / Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.