Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood (11509 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by swizmony(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2016
ifenes:

Why was washing the feet important? Because Pisces rules the feet. Make your research before talking.

The Sun begins to rise at the end of Pisces,which is why they do the Easter rituals for the rising of the Sun. The Sun died on the cross on december 21th and rose again in Aries,which is why spring sales in on in Europe now. The celebration of the coming Summer(Full Sun)
Stop confusing yourself
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Macelliot(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
ifenes:

Why was washing the feet important? Because Pisces rules the feet. Make your research before talking.

The Sun begins to rise at the end of Pisces,which is why they do the Easter rituals for the rising of the Sun. The Sun died on the cross on december 21th and rose again in Aries,which is why spring sales in on in Europe now. The celebration of the coming Summer(Full Sun)
my zodaic is Aries...

Why was washing the feet important?
Bro, even Christ washed the feets of his apostles...

Like I once said, the symbol of pisces is a "fish".

The astrologers(three wise men from the East) saw the birth of a special star in the sky and they immediately knew that a king has been born which is Christ. - (matthew 2:1-12).

Even Astrology acknowledged it..
http://astrologyexplored.net/home/?p=2447
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by TruthHurts1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
ifenes:

How Cowardice Is Blighting Atheism

During a panel discussion on religious liberty last week at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., prominent atheist professor Phil Zuckerman declared what we've all known but that many still refuse to admit: it’s acceptable to criticize Christians but not Muslims because Christians won't violently retaliate, reports CNS News.

Also on the panel was Kirsten Powers, a Democratic pundit and recent convert to Catholicism, who questioned why the left targets Christians who oppose same-sex marriage but take a hands-off stance toward Muslims for the same belief. She cited Steven Crowder's hidden video recordings made earlier this year in which Muslim bakers in Michigan refused his request to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding:

“If these had been Christian bakeries, it would have been on the front page of the New York Times, so I’m wondering why we’re able to have this amicable, disagreement with Muslims for having this view. Why are we not able to do that with Christians?

Zuckerman, a professor of secular studies at Pitzer College in Claremont, California, responded:

“I absolutely agree that it is okay for those on the left to critique, mock, deride Christianity, but Islam gets a free pass, which is so strange, because if you care about women’s rights, if you care about human rights, if you care about gay rights, then really Islam is much more problematic – sorry to paint Islam with a huge brush – and much more devastating.

“As an atheist – where on planet Earth is the death penalty meted out to atheists? It’s only in, I think, 24 Muslim countries.

“Where have human rights flourished the most? In Christian nations.

“I see Christianity as a great friend of secular culture. I see Islam as much more of a threat, much more debilitating. I’m not talking about Muslim individuals that I happen to sit next to on an airplane or are my neighbors. I’m talking about doctrines and those that have the power to enforce those doctrines in the form of Sharia law.

“I would never write the same kind of stuff that I do about certain religions – Judaism, Christianity, LDS, whatever – as I would about Islam – just straight up fear.

“I know what keeps me from critiquing Islam on my blog is just fear. I’ve got three kids, so I know I can say anything about Christianity or Mormonism, and I’m not living in fear, which is a testament to Christianity and Mormonism, and that’s wonderful. Thank you."

Thank YOU, Professor Zuckerman, for openly admitting that the atheistic left is perfectly happy to bully members of other religions that turn the other cheek but doesn't have the courage to challenge, much less confront, members of a religion that will kill you for it.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Did Jesus die for you to experience purgatory?
again 1 cor 3:15, Yes Jesus died so I can expirence purgatory, he died knowing very well that I will be judge on my deeds, and because he died even when my works are imperfect i will still have salvation thru fire (purgatory), yes he died to make sure his mercy will speak for my imperfection and d bible tells me so in 1 cor 3
Did he die for half of your sins?
he died for all my sins but that doesnt mean my future sins are forgiven, d sins that are clensed are those i repent of and ask for his mercy. What happens if i die with a sin like idle speech (an imperfection) which i hadnt repented of? St paul say i'll b saved as thru fire.
You have no right claiming Christianity if you don't believe his death paid for ALL. If one is to believe Roman catholic purgatory, then you are indirectly saying his work on the cross was in vain. It's just like a father that toiled very hard to pay his son's school fees only for the son to go and steal to pay the fees, how would the father feel? Like it was all a waste. Please help yourself with isaiah 53:5 and Romans 5:8.

this simply means u dont understand scriptures.

Jesus death provided infinte merit, it is like a credit card that has the power to pay both past, present and future debt. Infact the bible says Jesus died for all, bt does that mean everybody is authomatically saved? No, u still have to repent, believe, confess wit d mouth and even b baptised, that is how the merit of Jesus is applied on a sinner, justification, then sanctification, and even when a xtain sins again it is still d same merit that is applied for d 4givenes of sins.
The death of Jesus is applied to us in many ways as sanctificatn, justificatn, as just blessings and graces for our life and 4 sins, paul tell me that even at judgement the merit of Jesus still speaks, he still clense me of my imperfection as thru fire.

D difference between me and u is dat I know the power of the merits of Jesus and I know it is been continually applied on me today and tomorow even when I die my father can decided to apply it on last time to save me as though fire.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Appareil:
Understood!!! By the Grace of God, through the help of the Holy Spirit, I can make a clear distinction between those categories you mentioned. Merci!
ok o, i no fight
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by ifenes(m): 12:10am On Mar 26, 2016
Macelliot:

my zodaic is Aries...

Bro, even Christ washed the feets of his apostles...

Like I once said, the symbol of pisces is a "fish".

The astrologers(three wise men from the East) saw the birth of a special star in the sky and they immediately knew that a king has been born which is Christ. - (matthew 2:1-12).

Even Astrology acknowledged it..
http://astrologyexplored.net/home/?p=2447

The star of Bethlehem you meant. The star of Bethlehem which the three wise men saw led to the stable where the "Son of God" or the Sun of God was born

In the ancient times Astrologers were always called the wise men. This was a period when it was always cold and the weather was approaching spring time,like we have it now in Europe. The people normally gather at the inns to complain to the wise men,who thereby encourage the people by pointing out the star that foretold the birth of the Sun God.

The days were beginning to lengthen,the Sun grows stronger,warming the earth,bringing forth young plants,thus the "salvation" or "Savior" of man. This star is always found in the east as morning star,or the some call it Venus,some call it Lucifer the light bringer.

Apparently this is only of importance to Europeans and how they tell stories of different season. Africa is blessed with Sun every month.Her savior is always there for her.

Yes the symbol of Pisces is the fish and it rules the feet,hence the feet washing by the pope. The symbol of Aries is the Ram and it rules the head. Spot the difference.

1 Like

Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by etayokha2004(f): 3:10am On Mar 26, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
Holy Thursday? Wat I knw is Good Friday, Easter Sunday n Galilee Wich one be Holy Thursday again
Come to catholic church u will knw better
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2016
Ubenedictus:

again 1 cor 3:15, Yes Jesus died so I can expirence purgatory, he died knowing very well that I will be judge on my deeds, and because he died even when my works are imperfect i will still have salvation thru fire (purgatory), yes he died to make sure his mercy will speak for my imperfection and d bible tells me so in 1 cor 3

he died for all my sins but that doesnt mean my future sins are forgiven, d sins that are clensed are those i repent of and ask for his mercy. What happens if i die with a sin like idle speech (an imperfection) which i hadnt repented of? St paul say i'll b saved as thru fire.

this simply means u dont understand scriptures.

Jesus death provided infinte merit, it is like a credit card that has the power to pay both past, present and future debt. Infact the bible says Jesus died for all, bt does that mean everybody is authomatically saved? No, u still have to repent, believe, confess wit d mouth and even b baptised, that is how the merit of Jesus is applied on a sinner, justification, then sanctification, and even when a xtain sins again it is still d same merit that is applied for d 4givenes of sins.
The death of Jesus is applied to us in many ways as sanctificatn, justificatn, as just blessings and graces for our life and 4 sins, paul tell me that even at judgement the merit of Jesus still speaks, he still clense me of my imperfection as thru fire.

D difference between me and u is dat I know the power of the merits of Jesus and I know it is been continually applied on me today and tomorow even when I die my father can decided to apply it on last time to save me as though fire.

Your love for Vatican doctrines has blinded you from the Bible. You are using 1 cor 3:15 To deceive yourself, that means a test of faith not purgatory. Purgatory is another bondage of which Jesus has paid for ALL, has freed you. So you are saying I can sin as many times I like because of purgatory, that is not true. Remember the thief of Jesus right hand. He was granted automatic salvation, no purgatory. You catholics put yourself in bondage a lot, I remember when a Catholic friend of mine was saying 'ah even if I don't make heaven, I will make purgatory' just imagine! You mean after all your confession to a priest, you wil still end up in purgatory. Today that is Easter Sunday, he has risen for your salvation and not purgatory. I wish you happy Easter brother.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Your love for Vatican doctrines has blinded you from the Bible. You are using 1 cor 3:15 To deceive yourself, that means a test of faith not purgatory. Purgatory is another bondage of which Jesus has paid for ALL, has freed you. So you are saying I can sin as many times I like because of purgatory, that is not true. Remember the thief of Jesus right hand. He was granted automatic salvation, no purgatory. You catholics put yourself in bondage a lot, I remember when a Catholic friend of mine was saying 'ah even if I don't make heaven, I will make purgatory' just imagine! You mean after all your confession to a priest, you wil still end up in purgatory. Today that is Easter Sunday, he has risen for your salvation and not purgatory. I wish you happy Easter brother.
May I suggest you don't follow manmade Protestant doctrines from people with no authority to teach the Christian faith? It is very clear from your understanding of salvation that it is very shallow and minimalistic, with all due respect. Seems to me you understand the saving merits of Christ to be a simple "Jesus dies for me so I'm saved." Here is St Ireneaus long before Constantine was born:

Saint Irenaeus (died A.D. 202): "[The
Church] is the entrance to life; all
others are thieves and robbers. On
this account we are bound to avoid
them... We hear it declared of the
unbelieving and the blinded of this
world that they shall not inherit the
world of life which is to come...
Resist them in defense of the only
true and life giving faith, which the
Church has received from the
Apostles and imparted to her
sons." (Against Heresies, Book III)
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
Papist:

May I suggest you don't follow manmade Protestant doctrines from people with no authority to teach the Christian faith? It is very clear from your understanding of salvation that it is very shallow and minimalistic, with all due respect. Seems to me you understand the saving merits of Christ to be a simple "Jesus dies for me so I'm saved." Here is St Ireneaus long before Constantine was born:

Saint Irenaeus (died A.D. 202): "[The
Church] is the entrance to life; all
others are thieves and robbers. On
this account we are bound to avoid
them... We hear it declared of the
unbelieving and the blinded of this
world that they shall not inherit the
world of life which is to come...
Resist them in defense of the only
true and life giving faith, which the
Church has received from the
Apostles and imparted to her
sons." (Against Heresies, Book III)

Man made? I laugh. Is the word of God man made as well? And what has st iraneus got to do with this argument? How is linked to the scriptures?
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Man made? I laugh. Is the word of God man made as well? And what has st iraneus got to do with this argument? How is linked to the scriptures?
St Ireneaus is warning against false churches and teachers, referring to them as robbers. As for you asking for scripture reference to what St Ireneaus said, I'm sure you do know that there was no codified Bible during his time and that books like the epistles of St Clement and Shepherd of Hermas were read during the Divine Liturgy/Mass.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Your love for Vatican doctrines has blinded you from the Bible. You are using 1 cor 3:15 To deceive yourself, that means a test of faith not purgatory.
did u read the passage at all? He said it will happen on "the Day", do u know what that expression means in scripture? He said whoever works stand will receive his reward! That is not any kind test! That is judgement, "the Day". And d bible says even if my works is imperfect and it burns up God will still grant me salvation after i suffered loss.

U are d one who has been blinded from d plain meaning of scripture, open ur eyes and read!

Purgatory is another bondage of which Jesus has paid for ALL, has freed you. So you are saying I can sin as many times I like because of purgatory, that is not true.

stop trying to lie, i never said I can sin many times! I said even if i die with imperfection i will still make heaven becos d merit of Jesus speaks for me to grant me a final purification.
Christ paid for all but his payment is applied in stages, first as justification then as santification, as forgiveness...and even as final purification i call purgatory.
Remember the thief of Jesus right hand. He was granted automatic salvation, no purgatory.
did u die immediately after repentance like d good thief, or did u continue to live and even committed a few sins whether knowingly or not.
You catholics put yourself in bondage a lot, I remember when a Catholic friend of mine was saying 'ah even if I don't make heaven, I will make purgatory' just imagine! You mean after all your confession to a priest, you wil still end up in purgatory. Today that is Easter Sunday, he has risen for your salvation and not purgatory. I wish you happy Easter brother.
what does ur bible say in 1 cor 3:15? Yes ur friend was right if he is not among those whose works didnt burn, he may be among those whose works were burnt but were still saved. That is not bondage that is d word of God.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:

did u read the passage at all? He said it will happen on "the Day", do u know what that expression means in scripture? He said whoever works stand will receive his reward! That is not any kind test! That is judgement, "the Day". And d bible says even if my works is imperfect and it burns up God will still grant me salvation after i suffered loss.

U are d one who has been blinded from d plain meaning of scripture, open ur eyes and read!

stop trying to lie, i never said I can sin many times! I said even if i die with imperfection i will still make heaven becos d merit of Jesus speaks for me to grant me a final purification.
Christ paid for all but his payment is applied in stages, first as justification then as santification, as forgiveness...and even as final purification i call purgatory.

did u die immediately after repentance like d good thief, or did u continue to live and even committed a few sins whether knowingly or not.

what does ur bible say in 1 cor 3:15? Yes ur friend was right if he is not among those whose works didnt burn, he may be among those whose works were burnt but were still saved. That is not bondage that is d word of God.

No need for long epistle, you just shot yourself in the foot. Why are you doing as if Christ is a banker? Pay what in stages? After paying for ALL? Remember we are justified by faith( Romans 5:1) and not your canon laws. (Romans 3:28) also 1 John 1:7 says that the blood of Jesus has purified us from All sins. So what else r u purging?
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

No need for long epistle, you just shot yourself in the foot. Why are you doing as if Christ is a banker? Pay what in stages? After paying for ALL? Remember we are justified by faith( Romans 5:1) and not your canon laws. (Romans 3:28)
this shows u do not even understand the bible you read! Jesus died once and for all, the merits of that death is not applied at once but instead applied in stages.
A sinner repented and believe 200yrs ago, the death will be applied for him, his sins are forgiven, what if another sinner repents 100yrs ago? Is it not d same death that is applied? What if a sinner repents today? Is it not d same death? What about for sanctification? It is not by d merits of Jesus death? What if a christians fall into sin today and repents? Is it not the same death?

So yes the merit of Jesus is applied in stages in history and in our xtian life, that is xtianity 101. I'm suprised you are arguing about this.

We are saved by faith everybody know that but what merit salvation for us? Is it not the death of Christ?

If your new church hasnt taught u this much then mayb u are in d wrnng place.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
this shows u do not even understand the bible you read! Jesus died once and for all, the merits of that death is not applied at once but instead applied in stages.
A sinner repented and believe 200yrs ago, the death will be applied for him, his sins are forgiven, what if another sinner repents 100yrs ago? Is it not d same death that is applied? What if a sinner repents today? Is it not d same death? What about for sanctification? It is not by d merits of Jesus death? What if a christians fall into sin today and repents? Is it not the same death?

So yes the merit of Jesus is applied in stages in history and in our xtian life, that is xtianity 101. I'm suprised you are arguing about this.

We are saved by faith everybody know that but what merit salvation for us? Is it not the death of Christ?

If your new church hasnt taught u this much then mayb u are in d wrnng place.

You know the bible more than I do, but you prefer to believe the opposite of what is stated there, can you ever win a lost soul by telling the person hope of a purgatory instead of heaven? Or Christ died for him to be saved from ALL manners of punishment? I wonder how Catholics envagelize with their doctrines.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

You know the bible more than I do, but you prefer to believe the opposite of what is stated there, can you ever win a lost soul by telling the person hope of a purgatory instead of heaven? Or Christ died for him to be saved from ALL manners of punishment? I wonder how Catholics envagelize with their doctrines.
Actually it is a popular lie that protestant tell which says Christ died to save us from ALL punishment, it is a lie from the pits of hell.

Jesus died to save us from ETERNAL PUNISHMENTS, i.e hell fire, other temporal punishments like death, etc are still part and parcel of christian life.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Actually it is a popular lie that protestant tell which says Christ died to save us from ALL punishment, it is a lie from the pits of hell.

Jesus died to save us from ETERNAL PUNISHMENTS, i.e hell fire, other temporal punishments like death, etc are still part and parcel of christian life.

Seriously?? You are saying this Wow! I won't continue further with you. So the son of God suffered on the cross for you to go through temporal punishment? He said it is finished, why talk about despair in purgatory when Christ has given you salvation??

And how can death be a temporal punishment?? God sent his only son for you and I to be saved totally.
Re: Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 1:35am On Apr 28, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Seriously?? You are saying this Wow! I won't continue further with you. So the son of God suffered on the cross for you to go through temporal punishment? He said it is finished, why talk about despair in purgatory when Christ has given you salvation??

And how can death be a temporal punishment?? God sent his only son for you and I to be saved totally.
There is no dispair in purgatory.
physical death is a temporal punishment for sin and d last time i checked it is still there even after Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / How Christians Should React To The Legalization Of Same-Sex Marriage / Lady With Two Pregnancy Complications, Delivers Naturally After Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.