Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,316 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) (38002 Views)

'Trailed': Alex Iwobi Becomes A Nollywood Actor, Features In First Movie / Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain / Igbo Arsenal Fan Upset With Arsenal After Efe Bbnaija Win(pics,videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by talk2riel: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hope his sock are down tomorrow
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by marshborn(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
This one na real age, no football age involved
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
cool
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Eke40seven(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
I remember accurately around that 2002 period when the top striker Bimbo Adeola on brilla fm, 7:48 am, (can't recall the name of that programme that highlights the exploits of Nigerian footballers abroad) shared this news of Okocha' s nephew, when Okocha himself was at his peak in Bolton. I said to my very young self, when will this young chap mature to play for Nigeria, but here is he before us today already making waives. Pheew! How time flies!

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Welcomme:
This shows that nothing like football age in England.Had it been he grew up in Nigeria, he would hav been claiming 12 yrs old while he is 19.
Compare Iheanacho to Iwobi in looks, and be honest with yourself.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Walelavender(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is massive! I hope he doesn't turn around to go play for England tomorrow? Waiting for Dele Alli of Tottenham to toe his path..
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
MadCow1:
7 year olds cant sign Contracts.. angry

This sentence though!
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by tintedniggz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
olapluto:

Lmaoo
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by HRich(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
seankay:
If I was chanced like Iwobi,i would definitely be a Star Striker today. it's a pity I was born in a Country disseminated by corruption sad
You are simply lazy.

Where was Iwobi born? Nigeria!

Where was Kelechi Iheanacho born?
Nigeria!

Where was Ighalo Born?
Nigeria!

Mikel nko? Same Nigeria.

So do your Maths very well.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by MadCow1: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
pstell:

This sentence though!

Oga teacher, Oya correct it make i see..

angry
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
AlexCk:
Choi,
Iwobi, musa, ighalo, iheanacho, victor moses, moses simon.

That's what i call pace!!! !!
That frontline na speedsters full am.
You're right except for Victor Moses that I don't know cheesy
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by seankay(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
HRich:
You are simply lazy.

Nigeria!

Where was Igahlo Born?
Nigeria!

Mikel nko? Same Nigeria.

Iwobi was born in Nigeria but grew up in England. The main reason why most Africans lie about their age is because they finally get the chance to prove themselves at a junior academy when they are far above that age. When I clocked 17,i knew I had to choose education cos I might not eventually get a chance to prove myself cos Nigeria is all about how much you have or who you know.Maybe had my Parents been supportive,i might have gotten that chance.

We have lots of Messi and Ronaldo in this Country but because our Academy are not standard and also Parent's ignorance(you can't blame them) they fail to make it as footballers

Now you do you maths before you call me lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by kvngveektour(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ohhh Great Nigeria,the land of undreamt dreams.

how do we even start fixing you
for you have fallen into the hands of men who despise you
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by wadetaw202: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
My respect and regard for baba arsene Wenger is increasing. He must have been instrumental to the signing. He believes in catching them young and grooming them, unlike that grumpy soul called mourinho that always goes for finished product.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by NaijaCuzin: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
#COYGUNNERS
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by HRich(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Wenger get patience sha
Just like Arsenal fans are having Patience with him too.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by kvngveektour(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
the average Nigerian is a workaholic and he successfully takes that hardworking attitude outside the shores of this country,he must do well.for example,the average Nigerian student can sit for more than 6hrs just to study and in the end,the sadist of a lecturer gives him a poor score cos he doesn't want his student to be better than him
HRich:
You are simply lazy.

Nigeria!

Where was Igahlo Born?
Nigeria!

Mikel nko? Same Nigeria.

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Jarus(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Difficult to lie about age in the West.

Meanwhile, some folks would have sworn that he iis not 20.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Roadmap27(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
makzeze:

Ur baeb na dullard
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by fippycbk(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
AlexCk:
Choi,
Iwobi, musa, ighalo, iheanacho, victor moses, moses simon.

That's what i call pace!!! !!
That frontline na speedsters full am.

Yesoooo, glory days ahead.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by HRich(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
MadCow1:
You are confused sir.

From what Village are you from?

Barcelona signed Messi's Son at zero year old,

Zedane Son was Signed by Madrid at age 3year,

so many of them.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Emmau0091(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
U can say that again,his indeed a patience man ..
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by seunterry: 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
D boi doesn't av capacity to enter into a valid contract
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
Na photoshop jo
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
Emmau0091:
U can say that again,his indeed a patience man ..
patience? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by alobright17(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
MadCow1:
are you not from this planet you never heard about 5 yrs old signing contract before?
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by MadCow1: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
alobright17:
are you not from this planet you never heard about 5 yrs old signing contract before?

Oga!!

You cannot enter into an Agreement with a Minor.. Even a 15year old cant sign a binding agreement.

Don't Argue this matter further and take it as a lesson learnt.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by MarysMeal: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
amarachi06:
Nna NASA oooo, some people will never smell poverty till they die. God in my next life, a beg place me with the right people.

lmao!

This is the most hilarious comment i have ever come across on Nairaland.

How sure are you that you will still come back to this world when you die?
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by awistle(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
lol u people are so naive here, this kind of contract signed at a young age qualifies u to their academy,they dont pay you till u reach a certain age like 15 when u can start collecting stipends from the club then officially sign a professional contract at 17 if the club wants to keep u.

FYI Wenger only trains the first team and Iwobi only joined the first team last year or thereabout.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by gafoo4u: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
[quote author=Agunechemba1 post=44063140]Wenger get patience sha [/quote

bcs he is running the club at loss. why won't he be patient? you that support the club too trying sha ooo
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by Welcomme: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
olapluto:

Nigga, let us be honest with our self, Iheanacho is more than 19. You know it, I know it.
Re: Alex Iwobi At 7 Signed With Arsenal In 2002 (Photos) by amarachi06(f): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
MarysMeal:

lmao!

This is the most hilarious comment i have ever come across on Nairaland.

How sure are you that you will still come back to this world when you die?

Guy l will come back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona / Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak / Odion Ighalo Scores Twice As Manchester United Defeat Derby County 3 - 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.