Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome (1460 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
1 Corinthians 14:39
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues ().

In Acts 2:17 Peter quoted the words of the prophet Joel:

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy ....”

This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came. In Acts 1:8, Jesus said

you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

One of the ways to put that power to work is through the gift of prophecy.

The gift of prophecy is a door to the supernatural; it’s a way to bring the supernatural power of God into your life, finances, job, or congregation if you’re a minister of the Gospel. Therefore, you must learn to prophesy! If you speak in tongues long enough, the anointing will come on you to prophesy; the Word of God will bubble up within you. And when that anointing comes on you, with the Word boiling inside you, give it vent; let it out. That’s prophecy.

To prophesy is to speak words that have divine potency; words that have life; so, don’t despise prophecy. Prophecy is like a guiding light. It was through prophecy that the people knew about the coming of Jesus. There were so many prophecies that the Saviour—the Messiah—would come. The only proof that God had for the people to recognize and say, “This is the messiah,” was His Word spoken by the prophets about Christ—the Messiah.

Prophecy is vital. Have there been prophecies about your life? Paul said to Timothy,

“This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare” (1 Timothy 1:18).

Make war with those prophecies. Take every word of prophecy concerning your life seriously. Write them down, so you don’t forget, and chart your course with the creative power of God’s Word in your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
your write up in incomplete...you should have educate people more on the various gift of prophesy....

and also u cant learn or copy it...its a divine gift...dont say blablabla cos ur pastor or prophet is saying it

read 1Corinthians Chapter 12 and 14 for better understanding
Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by vooks: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Joagbaje:

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues ().

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy ....”

This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came. In Acts 1:8, Jesus said

The gift of prophecy is a door to the supernatural; it’s a way to bring the supernatural power of God into your life, finances, job, or congregation if you’re a minister of the Gospel. Therefore, you must learn to prophesy! If you speak in tongues long enough, the anointing will come on you to prophesy; the Word of God will bubble up within you. And when that anointing comes on you, with the Word boiling inside you, give it vent; let it out. That’s prophecy.

To prophesy is to speak words that have divine potency; words that have life; so, don’t despise prophecy. Prophecy is like a guiding light. It was through prophecy that the people knew about the coming of Jesus. There were so many prophecies that the Saviour—the Messiah—would come. The only proof that God had for the people to recognize and say, “This is the messiah,” was His Word spoken by the prophets about Christ—the Messiah.

Prophecy is vital. Have there been prophecies about your life? Paul said to Timothy,

“This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare” (1 Timothy 1:18).

Make war with those prophecies. Take every word of prophecy concerning your life seriously. Write them down, so you don’t forget, and chart your course with the creative power of God’s Word in your mouth.
Emmanuel!

Amen

But this is not prophecy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074-zXBzWPg

This is an unintelligent fraud, buffoonery on stilts
Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
kallmemrB:
your write up in incomplete...you should have educate people more on the various gift of prophesy....

and also u font learn or copy it...its a divine gift...dont say blablabla cos ur pastor or prophet is saying it

is there any place i talked about copying prophecy?

1 Like

Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
kallmemrB:
and also u cant learn or copy it...its a divine gift...dont say blablabla cos ur pastor or prophet is saying it

Joagbaje:
is there any place i talked about copying prophecy?
Copying wasnt mentioned in the write up
but kallmemrB if you want the copying prophecy, come and collect it write about it
Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
vooks:
Emmanuel!

Amen

But this is not prophecy
h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074-zXBzWPg

This is an unintelligent fraud, buffoonery on stilts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaHYXzrk03I
- Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo unknowingly prophesied
$1 WILL BE N300 & £1 WILL BE N400 if PMB gains power at 2:30 - 3:10mins
- Weekly Community rally under #Molete Bridge #Ibadan 19/1/15

KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: Our youths have no works, where are the jobs
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: The jobs created that they could benefit from werent offered or given to them
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: Election period is here, and I earlier promised that when it's here, I will deal with APC mercilessly
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: Where is our money? Where is the petrol?
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: Petrol is now N87 per litre. The common man caught afford the petrol price, talkess of have any in their generator. KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: Eh, what else is left to talk about?
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: What about food on the table? When are you lot going to effect having the price of pure water change to N20?
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: You now have the temerity of bringing, offering and waving Buhari at us.
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: You want us to vote in the military?
KEMI OMOLOLU-OLUNLOYO: THE DAY BUHARI TURNS TO BE THE HEAD OF THIS COUNTRY,
THAT DAY WILL BE WHEN $1 WILL BE N300 & £1 WILL BE N400

How she unwittingly managed to prophesy $1 WILL BE N300 & £1 WILL BE N400 if PMB gains power looks surreal
That right there, is a gift of prophecy that needs nurturing
Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by MuttleyLaff: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joagbaje:

Just for the record, no one despises prophecy
but what most despise is fake or not genuine prophecy

Joagbaje:

The gift of prophecy is a door to the supernatural; it’s a way to bring the supernatural power of God into your life, finances, job, or congregation if you’re a minister of the Gospel. Therefore, you must learn to prophesy!
This is a gift, without discrimination, for all believers.
Believers, by defacto, are ministers of the Gospel

Joagbaje:
If you speak in tongues long enough, the anointing will come on you to prophesy; the Word of God will bubble up within you.
And when that anointing comes on you, with the Word boiling inside you, give it vent; let it out. That’s prophecy
This is misleading, a big fat lie, and the author and you know it
Speaking in tongues, is not a precursor to have the gift of prophesying
(i.e. speaking in tongues, is not something that happens or exists before the anointing to come on believers to prophesy)
There isnt any precedent for this claim in the Bible, that if you speak in tongues long enough, the anointing will come on you to prophesy
When the anointing prophecy comes on, some people, literally start blurting out the truth a la Saul manner (i.e. before he was crowned king), some a la Moses, Samuel, Jeremiah, Jesus style etcetera

Joagbaje:
To prophesy is to speak words that have divine potency; words that have life; so, don’t despise prophecy.
Prophecy is like a guiding light. It was through prophecy that the people knew about the coming of Jesus.
There were so many prophecies that the Saviour—the Messiah—would come.
The only proof that God had for the people to recognize and say, “This is the messiah,” was His Word spoken by the prophets about Christ—the Messiah
The first prophecy about the Messiah, the one anointed for the work of man's redemption is mentioned in the bible, as early as in Genesis 3:15

Joagbaje:
“This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare” (1 Timothy 1:18)

Make war with those prophecies. Take every word of prophecy concerning your life seriously.
Write them down, so you don’t forget, and chart your course with the creative power of God’s Word in your mouth
There is the need to check or confirm whether or if a gift such as prophecy, is good enough and worthy of developing

This is because, prophecy is a gift or instrument, depending on the source, equally used as a divine communication by God and evil or familiar spirits

Note that, prophecy is received and passed on in visions or in dreams, by means of visitation

Visitation by vision, occurs, note not in a dream, but via having powerful feelings or seeing strong clear images in the mind, in real time or as it happens in the future, of an apparition, a spirit. or events

Visitations also occurs in dreams, when one sees powerful or strong clear images an apparition, a spirit, or events as it happens in real time or in the future in a dream(s) during sleep

There are two possible objectives of prophecy:
to bless (i.e. to create and reassuringly maintain a state of extreme ease, power and sound mind)
or
to curse (i.e. to create and maintain a state of extreme fear, anxiety and distress)

There are at least two outcomes with any prophecy:
to lead right, give good tidings (i.e. give good news, good instruction or good information) or give advance notice of something (i.e. give warnings)
or
to mislead, give nightmares, night terrors and bad tidings (i.e. give bad news, give bad instruction or wrong information)

Where one has déjà vu accounts, and there arent clear cut signs in the prophecy(ies) of leading right, giving good tidings or good instructions, giving advance notice of something (e.g. like giving advance warnings) then before wanting to outrightly develop the ''gift'', why not have a pen and paper ALWAYS nearby, for quickly writing the encounter and events down, whenever visitations either in dream or vision come

This will allow one over a period or passge of time, to see whether it is a gift masquerading as coming from God or it truly is a gift from God

We ought to test terrestrial and celestial spirits too,
just as in 1 John 4:1, where we are advised, to test the spirit-man (i.e the spirit behind the man)
because as soon as or when the spirit(s) masquerading as coming from God, gains a proper foothold, it will with the help of false prophets mislead the easily deceived and/or lead many astray

Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My name.
I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them;
they are prophesying to you a
false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds
- Jeremiah 14:14

This is what the LORD Almighty says:
"Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes.
They
speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.
- Jeremiah 23:16

8"For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel,
'Do not let your prophets who are in your midst and your diviners deceive you,
and do not listen to the dreams which they dream
9'For they prophesy falsely to you in My name;
I have not sent them,' declares the LORD.…

- Jeremiah 29:8
Re: Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Copying wasnt mentioned in the write up
but kallmemrB if you want the copying prophecy, come and collect it write about it
are u sure u are okay...pls read what i wrote S-L-O-W-L-Y for better understand. copy or learn me u cant speak same words ur pastor did

(1) (Reply)

7 Lessons From The Life & Ministry Of Prophet Elisha / "I Am A Muslim And I Love Jesus" -- Emir Of Kano / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.