Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures (49301 Views)

See How Computer Lesson Is Taught In Ghanaian School (pictures) / Situations You Can Relate To In A Nigerian Secondary School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by evawater: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
OurSchoolNews:
Reading in the university be like
Bullshit! An Engineer sleeping?
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by macjireh: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
worlexy:
it's not
i have reasons to believe it is
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by worlexy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lastanza:

Ehen, what's the cause of the illegible writings of doctors. Have wondered for time immemorial.
The cause is simply because your brain is working faster, super faster than your head. Lecturers will just be talking, dictating in class with the speed of light and u have to write fast to catch up with them, if not na O.Y.O.
Also, time allocated to exams is usually less compared to normal. An exam that should normally take 3 hours may be allotted 1hr, so you must write fast because u must touch all the questions unless otherwise stated. Do you understand now.

2 Likes

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by worlexy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
macjireh:

i have reasons to believe it is
It's just a delusion on your part. The fact that you encountered one or two does not mean all them are
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Zellie: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Medicine is actually overrated sad
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Zellie: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
worlexy:

The cause is simply because your brain is working faster, super faster than your head. Lecturers will just be talking, dictating in class with the speed of light and u have to write fast to catch up with them, if not na O.Y.O.
Also, time allocated to exams is usually less compared to normal. An exam that should normally take 3 hours may be allotted 1hr, so you must write fast because u must touch all the questions unless otherwise stated. Do you understand now.
that's just your own theory.... there are many reasons why someone could have a bad handwriting
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Venus007(f): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
macjireh:

MEDICAL STUDENTS ARE
PROMISCUOUS. IS IT TRUE?
No offence meant
Non taken. Promiscuousity is personal, I cant answer that. But all I can say is Med schl gives u less chance and space for promiscuousity.
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
Fabzgrace, oya come and carry ur son. undecided
did she tell u she's my mummy? angry

Bera call the lost soul of ur husband to carry u away before I vex.. angry angry
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Lastanza: 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
worlexy:

Yea I get, but what of wen they are prescribing drugs in d comfort of their offices. Even wen dey less busy and relaxed their writing is still dsame.
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Doubleagent008(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zellie:
Medicine is actually overrated sad
yeah I agree with you. You must have finished your medical Mbbs degree in a record time of 4 years and have now started your architecture or Engineering degree. No?

1 Like

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by ElPhoche(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

That describes me well well

Once wrote a test....thought I passed.

Then the result came out....na not only fail...but I dey near bottom of class

That day, I come beg one brother come make una pray for me o!...this one don need deliverance. grin grin

Thank God i made it.
When I was doing my ND back in 2007, I never got a C then, lowest was BC. I graduated in 2009 with an upper credit. I had never failed till I entered my 200 level medicine. For the first time in my life, I said "this is not my score" when I saw my first BCH result of 43/100. Chaiii. That result fall my hand wella, but na only 13 people or so pass am shaa. smiley I learnt my own pattern of reading by force and became consistent. Only failed once in a quiz during my clinical years. Graduated among the BGS in my set. Today, I am a doctor.
Somebody shout alleluyah.
Abeg, make the next testifier come carry mike....

6 Likes

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Venus007(f): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
RobinHez:

Bera call the lost soul of ur husband to carry u away before I vex.. angry angry
Lol. Shebi u used to cal her Mummy abi Grandma dat year. undecided..... Oh. Ur #MCM grin grin
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Zellie: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Doubleagent008:
yeah I agree with you. You must have finished your medical Mbbs degree in a record time of 4 years and have now started your architecture or Engineering degree. No?
still struggling to see your point

??
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by ElPhoche(m): 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zellie:
that's just your own theory.... there are many reasons why someone could have a bad handwriting
My own is now worse than it was. You are forced to write fast and in short forms. Make I no snap my writeups smiley
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
Lol. Shebi u used to cal her Mummy abi Grandma dat year. undecided..... Oh. Ur #MCM grin grin
Actually it's grandmummy... Until I discovered I'm taller than both of u combined grin

MCM eh?! Wait till I get my hands on u angry[s][/s]
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zellie:

??
Twas a sarcastic statement grin
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by nairapolice: 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
adexmuhyi:
All dys stil hapens within the human anatomy, but pls tel me how many new fones, cars, machines and others are invented in a year

Human anatomy is 0.01% of medicine na. Pathology varies for several millions of diseases and exceed the number of tech inventions . Physiology varies etc. In fact human health changes and is usu worsen by tech inventions from time to time. Moreover all tech samsung apple nokia LG follows d same theory

1 Like

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Doubleagent008(m): 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zellie:
??
don't bother man!. No need to explain it.
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Fabzgrace(f): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
Fab zgrace, oya come and carry ur son. undecided
lol.
Wazzup? Any news abt result?
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Fabzgrace(f): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
RobinHez:

Venus007:
angry angry
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Zellie: 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
RobinHez:

I'm not unaware
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
Fabzgrace:

angry angry
Go and play... tongue
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Doubleagent008(m): 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
RobinHez:
are u a medical student? U got my point.
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zellie:
I'm not unaware
Sorry o embarassed
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Fabzgrace(f): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Proudly #medstudent

1 Like

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
Doubleagent008:
are u a medical student? U got my point.
I don't have to be one to know what sarcasm is.. tongue

BTW, I'm an engineering student. cool
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Venus007(f): 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
RobinHez:

Actually it's grandmummy... Until I discovered I'm taller than both of u combined grin

MCM eh?! Wait till I get my hands on u angry[s][/s]
Grace is taller than u. undecided. Ya nt evn ashamed. Comparing ur height with dat of girls. angry
grin grin tongue
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by RobinHez(m): 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
Grace is taller than u. undecided. Ya nt evn ashamed. Comparing ur height with dat of girls. angry
grin grin tongue
She just has a bigger head than moi.. Dats all.. lipsrsealed

tongue
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Doubleagent008(m): 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
RobinHez:

I don't have to be one to know what sarcasm is.. tongue

BTW, I'm an engineering student. cool
that explains it. Respect man. I'm surrounded by engineers and engineering studs. My old man and mentor is one. Wanted to study aeronautic engineering but had to change. Love Engrs and those in the making. Your mathematical skill is usually awesome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Thane(m): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Venus007:
Lol. My broda, we face d hate on a daily basis, its nothing new. Undeserved bile and hate comes with being a Medic. They think its over hyped and we dnt do shiii. They often compare calculations and Med. Funny thing is most are VERY ignorant of the scope. Math has principles u follow, once u get them, u can solve almost anything requiring d principle. In Med, u read gigantic books for like 12-18 months, it'll feel like fiction cos AS YOU ARE READING IT, YOU ARE FORGETTING IT! Not because u are dull, nah, but because u av so much to learn u cant relate with. EVERY LINE MATTERS. You could read 4 different large books frm different authors and countries fr d same course jst to be sure u get d tiny detail one lacks. You look at ppl in other depts with envy when they write their exams. They can always drop d cramming after a semester. You av to keep it in ur head fr 18months! And u dnt do jst theory or obj oh. You do tests, viva, multiple choice qs. Name it. Anatomy isnt jst Anatomy. Theres Embrology, Gross Anatomy and Histology. I think ppl are really misinformed abt d Medical curricula, thats why they think its over-hyped. Lets try to get informed bfr slamming things dwn. Every course is hard in its own way, yes, but theres a reason why Med has been reverred right frm time all over the world.
. Then after MBBS,the struggle begins truly. Me,am an Anatomy student,will be continuing with Medicine if the new story of having a BSC in a BMS course to read Medicine is anything to go by.

1 Like

Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by snilpall(m): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
macaranta:
Funny,Med school isnt funny,that was how one neighbor like that when she failed MBBS she barbed her hair and started acting like a widow.

lolz....u dey madt!!!
Re: Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures by Ojugunrege(f): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
diplomat4jesus:
most people erroneosly think that only med students read for very long hours. This isn't true as there are many non-med students, particularly first class peeps that can outread med students. Here in my hostel(OAU), even med guyz famz me when it comes to reading hrs and am still struggling at 4.4cgpa.

Well done dude...keep the candle burning....4.50 minimum is it!
I also went to Ife - Chemical Engineering. I was a reading machine. I thank God for blessing me with a 4.51! grin wink

Meanwhile, i think medics rock...my 'lil' sis & her husband are medical doctors. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'ASUU Strike Will Be Called Off From Today Or Tomorrow' - Adamu Adamu / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.