Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? (43999 Views)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by baby124: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
KingAfo:

THATS THE BIBLE PRIDE!!
AM TALKING ABOUT WORLDLY PRIDE(SELF CONFIDENCE, BEING OUTSPOKEN)
YOU CAN CURB PRIDE BUT EVERYBODY HATES DULL, PASSIVE, TIMID BEING.
A DOG THAT BARKS TOO MUCH AND A DOG THAT IS JUST DULLLLL, WHICH ONE WILL YOU GO FOR?
Being loud and outspoken does not mean you have pride or confidence. It shows only that you are an empty barrel with attention seeking problems. Which shows you have a lot of personal insecurities. Being loud is not pride, it shows you have no depth and lack the ability to critically approach situations. It does not and has never represented intelligence at all. They don't say empty barrel makes the loudest noise for nothing.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
op ... you need to change .. to even successfully scale job interview these days, you have to be outspoken and come out of your shell.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
don't mind her...nwa ladies love gisting kwanu...just find another job or better still prepare for post-utme
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by benELOHIM7(m): 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
You just wrote jamb, you say? Implying that you could be in your teen age, right? And you could construct such a well organized write-up, the way some graduates can not? shocked
my point is you are not a mumu neither are u a dondie. Matter of fact, I see a genius in you.
Donot fake anything for any bagger because the moment you do, you lose yourself. I have 26yrs experience in been introvert. be original!

1 Like

Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

Just imagine the rubbish you encouraged a young chap with! "Team work is not everything?" Now I know why some youths are jobless. An introvert looking for his "personal space" in a work environment. He would have been better off with a vacation to Fiji! Introverts should learn to flow with the trend. I would readily put off someone under me if I get to read his mind and I see "I like my personal space". Don't encourage him to read books that would only tell him his introverted nature would open the gateway of heaven but rather, encourage him to work on his interpersonal skills with others, particularly in a working environment.
To start with, a good human resource manager tries to bring the best out of their subordinates, which employer sacks an employee because they are reseved? - A foolish one! And you think my post is foolish? Well it is good you realise why some people are unemployed. To further piss you off (since I realise you were provoked by my post), getting employed by someone is not everything. Einstein did not discover the theory of relativity and the concept of space time by team work and there is a long list of achievers who attained greatness not by team work, so yes, team work is not everything!

1 Like

Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by wheezyoung(m): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ada9103:
I know how you feel. Used to be like that but now shocked
nna bebe,you fine grin..biko e we connne?? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by pweetychyka(f): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
UIA04:
You are an extrovert
Lol..... I am both pending on where I find myself
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by demzey(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
KingAfo:

THATS THE BIBLE PRIDE!!
AM TALKING ABOUT WORLDLY PRIDE(SELF CONFIDENCE, BEING OUTSPOKEN)
YOU CAN CURB PRIDE BUT EVERYBODY HATES DULL, PASSIVE, TIMID BEING.
A DOG THAT BARKS TOO MUCH AND A DOG THAT IS JUST DULLLLL, WHICH ONE WILL YOU GO FOR?
Being confident doesn't mean you have pride. You should know that
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by toprealman: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
about time you signed out from social media and go do the real thing with real people.
Till you can go to a joint alone or an unknown territory and start up/ contribute to conversations....you still have a long way to go.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by vislabraye(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
edygistvilla:
I recently took on a job, about few days ago (less than two weeks), as a office assistant/ Computer operator at an office located at Ojudu Berger. This is partly because I had just finished the just concluded Jamb utme examination and I was less-busy at home and I needed to develop work ethics and gain professional experiences that would be vital in future. There are TONs of stuff you have to learn while being in this position & I was doing great making photocopies, taking passports, and even helping out in typying. When we are less busy, My boss comes for a chat with my co-workers﹑ which they eagerly and actively participate but I don't. Not because I do not like my Boss or I'm avoidant, but I prefer being at peace with my thought and value my personal space. Then I noticed after few days, Her behaviour and mood towards me changed for the worse as she shouts at me and insults me if i make mistakes, Ofcourse, That's not a problem, but the hurtful part is she hurls insult on my personality. She says to me "You stand there like mumu'', 'Dondie'', 'Lookie lookie like deaf and dumb' e.t.c .
But today at work, I made a mistake with taking a passport photograph due to the fact that the pressure was much coupled with the over-crowded enivironment.She instantly got annoyed and said she can't tolerate a dull and mumu person and that I'm too dull. She said I should leave.

I was pissed because I had not been given a chance to learn everything needed to know Yet. I think this was really unfair since I was not even given a chance to improve. She said blame me for being an "observer", but she had to let me go.

I'm not sad this happen but this had triggered my incentiveness and challenged me the more. I'm even courting an idea of developing a start-up.

Being an introvert is not a curse. So don't make it appear as if it's evil.
You can be introvert but yet still possess some good interpersonal skills. Working in an environment is not all about your technical skills. Your interaction can take you places. In case of next time, just try to show interest in what your colleagues talk about.
But it's wrong for your boss to shout and humiliate you like that.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by baddooski: 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
ShakurM:
You no dey talk but na only you gather write this long story...no wonder

Why you too dey do like robot, you fit dey plan coup or money laundering na why your Oga dey fear

Too much of being an extrovert or introvert is bad. Still water runs deep
angry
hehehe
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by vislabraye(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

To start with, a good human resource manager tries to bring the best out of their subordinates, which employer sacks an employee because they are reseved? - A foolish one! And you think my post is foolish? Well it is good you realise why some people are unemployed. To further piss you off (since I realise you were provoked by my post), getting employed by someone is not everything. Einstein did not discover the theory of relativity and the concept of space time by team work and there is a long list of achievers who attained greatness not by team work, so yes, team work is not everything!

I agree with you totally. Some of bosses are not professional at all. Imagine if you work in a multinational and you are a genius, the won't sack you because you ate an introvert.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Ada9103(f): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
wheezyoung :
nna bebe,you fine grin..biko e we connne?? embarassed

grin
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by UIA04(f): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
pweetychyka:

Lol..... I am both pending on where I find myself
Looool Read books on finding your temperaments Eg why you act the way you do by Tim LaHaye
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by onyxo76(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
I understand what you went through, i'm also a reserved person but i talk when i need to, most of my colleagues are really loud and have very vulgar nicknames given to them.My HOD is very lousy too who is always joking about naked women, and other dirty yoruba jokes which are quite vulgar...i just choose to keep silent when such happens while others laugh-this has made me look as someone who convicts them of their actions so they count me as unfriendly. I don't care because i'd rather maintain my stand rather than join in their rotten gists...Surprisingly when they have some very personal issues they will want to seek your advice because they know that you among others doesn't run his mouth..anyhow.

Keep up the good work, but chip in a thing or two every now and then. God will continue to uphold you.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by pweetychyka(f): 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
UIA04:

Looool
Read books on finding your temperaments
Eg why you act the way you do by Tim LaHaye

Oh thank you!

but den, for me to tell u dat I 'm both means dat I understand ma temperamental status.. and moreover one can't be an extrovert everywhere dey find demself#wink
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by KaBabs1: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
edygistvilla:
I recently took on a job, about few days ago (less than two weeks), as a office assistant/ Computer operator at an office located at Ojudu Berger. This is partly because I had just finished the just concluded Jamb utme examination and I was less-busy at home and I needed to develop work ethics and gain professional experiences that would be vital in future. There are TONs of stuff you have to learn while being in this position & I was doing great making photocopies, taking passports, and even helping out in typying. When we are less busy, My boss comes for a chat with my co-workers﹑ which they eagerly and actively participate but I don't. Not because I do not like my Boss or I'm avoidant, but I prefer being at peace with my thought and value my personal space. Then I noticed after few days, Her behaviour and mood towards me changed for the worse as she shouts at me and insults me if i make mistakes, Ofcourse, That's not a problem, but the hurtful part is she hurls insult on my personality. She says to me "You stand there like mumu'', 'Dondie'', 'Lookie lookie like deaf and dumb' e.t.c .
But today at work, I made a mistake with taking a passport photograph due to the fact that the pressure was much coupled with the over-crowded enivironment.She instantly got annoyed and said she can't tolerate a dull and mumu person and that I'm too dull. She said I should leave.

I was pissed because I had not been given a chance to learn everything needed to know Yet. I think this was really unfair since I was not even given a chance to improve. She said blame me for being an "observer", but she had to let me go.

I'm not sad this happen but this had triggered my incentiveness and challenged me the more. I'm even courting an idea of developing a start-up.

baba she didn't fore you not only because you're an introvert. If you were 'amazing' at what you do, your boss would have probably put up with your shortcomings.

Haven't you seen people complain so much about someone and say oh but he's so good at what he do. they'd be like I hate that boy or I hate that girl but what will I do without him? He's done this, he's done that, who will do all of these when he's gone?

So, try to make yourself indispensable. And also if you can work on your human relations it'll help you even become more valuable.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by KaBabs1: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
edygistvilla:

baba she didn't fire you not only because you're an introvert. If you were 'amazing' at what you do, your boss would have probably put up with your shortcomings.

Haven't you seen people complain so much about someone and say oh but he's so good at what he does. they'd be like I hate that boy or I hate that girl but what will I do without him? He's done this, he's done that, who will do all of these when he's gone?

So, try to make yourself indispensable. And also if you can work on your human relations it'll help you even become more valuable.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by wheezyoung(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ada9103:

grin
hope you don't mind if i send a pm, wink
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pinkieblue:

This ur speech is really long.... I had to scan thru it

In a working environment u need to blend with your boss and colleagues

That is why when u go for ur interview they ask questions related to how u relate with people, how to manage people and how to be a team leader

My dear if u have worked for someone before I am sure u won't make this ur long speech

My dear edygistvilla please always try to blend with ur colleagues and boss in ur next job.... how do u expect ur boss to send u to represent the company when she knows u have a poor relationship with people.... please dear we are not perfect we learn everyday.... draw major lessons from what u have experienced

"Long speech... Like my words stretch farther than Long Beach", jk grin ma'am I'm super introverted & I love it. I wouldn't say much irl but if I get curious, beast comes out. I've worked in the past, was a fairly decent in the past. I made those comments based on my experience cos there's all sorts of people out there, especially those who don't know or give a damn about introversion.
We introverts have to be on guard & watch our backs cos some loudmouths are looking to verbally erase. If people were educated about different personality types, strengths & weaknesses & how we can cooperate & coexist with others then the world might be a little rounder smiley
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
menix:
My advise is that u should try building ur inter-personal skill, even if nah small cous I know it ain't easy cous am a little better than you now..

Before moving to the islands, I lived in Festac for 8yrs without a single friend, infact I noticed it when a 5yr old boy asked me "Uncle why is it that nobody visits you"...
lol...u dnt know how many times ive been told dt....'dnt u have friends?' 'why is it dt nobody visits u'
In my own case i can hold a conversation in a work place...but after work its bye, see ya, den am alone....no1 wants to hang out.
I dunno wt am doin qrong but ive kinda gotten use to being the loner
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by fio(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
I dont think there is anything wrong with your personality.you just need more faith in self
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Op, we live in a world that is obsessed with introversion. The bitter truth which many of us refuse to accept is that team work is not everything. Don't allow your boss' ignorance to weigh you down. I will like to recommend a book for you, it is titled; Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking. All the best dude!
Ive read the book and uts great. I wish all workplaces are desigmed to accommodate individual mental differences.
For example i failed an online competency test cuz i stayed true to my introvert nature..but i was told i shud lie next tym cuz no company wants an introvert cuz dey just assume u wnt be good at team work.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by HaneefahRN(f): 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...eleha are those fanatic moslem women, right?...the ones that veil their faces with purdah & wear "stockings"? cheesy....lolololol

Lolz, they ain't fanatics some might be tho, but it's mostly just about the choice to do so. It isn't compulsory but encouraged,
so anyone who feels like going a step further can. Who knows, I might decide to join the niqabi train tomorrow grin.
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by 6fit(f): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
baby124:
In a serious work environment, being an introvert shouldn't matter. It is your productivity that should matter. If everyone is busy gisting, how does any serious work get done? She is an unserious lady and her business will soon run down.

An introvert is actually a deep thinker, and quite intelligent and creative. Your type is an asset to any organization if your talents are Channeled properly. Please look for a serious company to work for. Don't feel bad. You just worked with a shallow and dull set of people.
on point....good assertion
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Lolz, they ain't fanatics some might be tho, but it's mostly just about the choice to do so. It isn't compulsory but encouraged,
so anyone who feels like going a step further can. Who knows, I might decide to join the niqabi train tomorrow grin

...well, you know what they say about the niqabi & burqa crew - "you can mask your face with a ruband but do not ever mask your humanity''

...so, Hannefah; I don't care if you join the troop of women vested like batman & Zorro, so long as your amiable soul emanates unconditional love...cool

...on a serious note, they really do look like Batman & Zorro...cheesy
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by stubbornman(m): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
ShakurM:
You no dey talk but na only you gather write this long story...no wonder

Why you too dey do like robot, you fit dey plan coup or money laundering na why your Oga dey fear

Too much of being an extrovert or introvert is bad. Still water runs deep
angry
this type nah social media kid.....dem go quiet for real life but jam dem online dem go chat till you sleep
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by otodeluxe(m): 12:07am On Mar 25, 2016
Sorry.. Where u even paid ur leverage fee? I used to be an introvert but a lot have changed now. Work on ur inter personal skill and learn to socialize
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by TeddyPendergrass(m): 12:32am On Mar 25, 2016
edygistvilla:

I don't know if I should laugh at you or laugh at you
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Lobolintin(m): 12:51am On Mar 25, 2016
menix:
My advise is that u should try building ur inter-personal skill, even if nah small cous I know it ain't easy cous am a little better than you now..

Before moving to the islands, I lived in Festac for 8yrs without a single friend, infact I noticed it when a 5yr old boy asked me "Uncle why is it that nobody visits you"...

I be talkative but I dont keep friend
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 25, 2016
I just remembered Dundee United Fc in the Scottish Premiership... lol

Try harder to set up yours, at least for a start;

One computer

One printer

One photocopier

Good generator

you are good to go
Re: Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? by mickey45: 2:45am On Mar 25, 2016
Go and learn coding?
I think you'd find yourself at peace with it.
But don't make the common mistake.
Ensure you force yourself out every saturday or sunday to places where you get to meet some people.

start now and you'd be way good before you graduate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why N-Power Is Yet To Pay 30k October Stipend To Beneficiaries? / A Physically Challenged Person Hustling Real Hard Under The Sun In Abuja / Female Nigerian-Born US Soldier Teaches Other Female Soldiers Nigerian Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.