Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (39975 Views)

Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis Pictured Washing The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics(photos) / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
leofab:
ignore the picture and face the fact. I need evidence of the fact that the Arab took more slave than the Europeans. Do the Arabs eat their own slaves? Because the latter is evident in the population of blacks in 'New Indies'. From your conclusion; both religion are evil and humans should dedicate their time more on how to solve human issues rather than trying to make some imaginary paradise.

Good point but in history man cant do with out having in mind there is a God . they will worship any tin . even Call it unknown God
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by leofab(f): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
gasgenius:

Foolishness , who are u asking me or yourself . then be a muslim and commit suicide . they await u . as if all those people are Christian .
am only correcting the impression you made that muslims are the problem of the world; insulting a fellow human to defend a fantasy God is the highest height of foolishness.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
leofab:
am only correcting the impression you made that muslims are the problem of the world; insulting a fellow human to defend a fantasy God is the highest height of foolishness.

No human are the highest foolishness..... Are u a Muslim ?
Remember before we recieve all this religion we have lots of gods even the greek have alot . even twin killing and some stupid practice . just imagine . one tin i like about Christianity is the freedom of worship and check history history also there are stupid religuon that are like African traditional practice... Call it God man cant do without God whether is iron or cloth they will worship
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by leofab(f): 2:16am On Mar 28, 2016
gasgenius:

No human are the highest foolishness..... Are u a Muslim ?
Remember before we recieve all this religion we have lots of gods even the greek have alot . even twin killing and some stupid practice . just imagine . one tin i like about Christianity is the freedom of worship and check history history also there are stupid religuon that are like African traditional practice... Call it God man cant do without God whether is iron or cloth they will worship
what freedom of worship are you talking about? Am not muslim; am esoteric... Try and view all religion from a neutral point ; no religion holy pass. Time to put more effort in helping fellow humans..
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2016
leofab:
what freedom of worship are you talking about? Am not muslim; am esoteric... Try and view all religion from a neutral point ; no religion holy pass. Time to put more effort in helping fellow humans..

Religion is not being holy pass as u said. Before Christianity or Islam in Nigeria there were lots of religion. And it was not ok by the followers. That why in some will join evil cult and become a witch to become powerful. Religion is absolute believing and I do study religion and Christianity is better off that why is popular and they never blame Christianity on evil mostly compare to others
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
I was hoping I wouldn't be compelled to comment on this topic, for clarity purpose I have to chip this in...

Many people have found the biblical doctrine of the Trinity hard to understand. 

The doctrine of the Trinity recognizes that God is one God, co-existing in three distinct Persons of the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT.  In our material existence, the concept that God is One God, yet exists as three distinct persons, is foreign to some.

However, the doctrine of the Godhead (Trinity) is without questions revealed in God's word.

The biblical term "Godhead" (theiotes) is used three times in Scripture, Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:9.  The word “Trinity," which is the theological word Christians use to refer to the Godhead, is not found in Scripture.

·         "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device" (Acts 17:29).

·         "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse”  (Romans 1:20)

·         "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." (Colossians 2:9)

The doctrine states that the Godhead, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, consists of three distinct Persons, yet these three are one God. There are many arguments espoused by those that deny the Trinity, but the most prevalent is: 

How can God be One God and at the same time be three Persons?

The problem with that question is that it is based in ignorance of what God has said about Himself.   The Bible, the Word of God, plainly states the plurality of God and that God is One God.   To accept His Word means to believe what God has revealed.  The truth of the Trinity is a revealed truth that is established in the credibility of God Himself. 

In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus gave His disciples the Great Commission, stating that they were to teach and baptize in the names of the Godhead, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."  

Further 1 John 5:7 states "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

What separate CHRISTIANITY from other religion is the RESURRECTION of JESUS CHRIST who is the only true way to GOD...

And Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 KJV
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
nathoneal:

What an excellent explanation with some very relevant scriptural references! Very well done. I am often asked about this but must admit none of my explanations have been as erudite as this.

Naturally we shall now have to tolerate a host of dissenters who mostly simply state their own position without any justification. One idiot even tried to quote the Gospel of Barnabas!!! When it was pointed out that this was a rejected heritical work with many factual errors (and possibly even more spiritual) he then presumed to discount the results of hundreds of years of theological and academic/historical knowledge in favour of his own particular fantasy!!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kbs468:

Are the below still not the same Bible verses about Jesus not being God? ( Can't you even figure it out that it is full of history and stories by historians? Meaning that it is still subject to human error? As GOD alone is the only perfect being on existence?)

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16 KJV

So there can't be a Full stop or comma error in the BIBLE...

* “We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” (Romans 6:9)

( Ofcourse everyone would be raised again nauw, right from the time of Adam for accountability. And by then, no more Death for anybody as one would either be in Paradise or Hell fire. So how would Death have dominion over anybody again? Because even in Hell fire, God would breath life to the inhabitants again and again for a maximum suffering. And only God can do that)

*…
Kbs468:
"just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” (Romans 6:4)

(yet again 'by the glory of the Father'. so you are telling me that Jesus is the son and at the same time his own father again? If he was the product of the Spirit inside Holy Mary, did he again formed the Spirit before entering her? Remember that Islam believes that ONLY GOD was never created but he created everything else)

In John 1:1-5

1)In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2)The same was in the beginning with God.

3)All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4)In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5)And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

(The WORD is JESUS CHRIST)

The plainest reason why the Son of God is called the Word, is that as our words explain our minds to others, so was the Son of God sent in order to reveal his Father's mind to the world.

What the evangelist says of Christ proves that he is God. He asserts, His existence in the beginning; His coexistence with the Father. The Word was with God.

* “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11)

(Another one again. The Spirit of 'him'-God who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you.....)

»»
Kbs468:
“Who is. to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.” (Romans 8:34)

( Another evidence that Jesus is not God. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God just like every other prophet of old as they are all Candidates of Heaven or paradise as you wish to call it)

From the Bible Only Jesus Christ SIT at the right Hand of God, the rest Host of heaven Stand at the right and Left of God.

» And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord : I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
1 Kings 22:19 KJV and reiterated in 2Chronicles 18:18

Not even Angels have the privilege, apostle paul got the revelation as stated in Hebrews 1:13 KJV

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

King David being the first to get the revelation of Jesus Sitting at the Right hand of God said in Psalms 110:1 (Jesus came to earth from the root of David)

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

"God's right hand" refers to the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ and He is of equal position, honor, power and authority with God. Read John 1:1-5 again quoted earlier...
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

What an excellent explanation with some very relevant scriptural references! Very well done. I am often asked about this but must admit none of my explanations have been as erudite as this.

Naturally we shall now have to tolerate a host of dissenters who mostly simply state their own position without any justification. One idiot even tried to quote the Gospel of Barnabas!!! When it was pointed out that this was a rejected heritical work with many factual errors (and possibly even more spiritual) he then presumed to discount the results of hundreds of years of theological and academic/historical knowledge in favour of his own particular fantasy!!!!

Please we have to State the truth in Love, to the glory of our God...

Thanks
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Kbs468(m): 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Which picture and facts do you want to ignore? Are you really unaware of the arab slave trade!!!!! Have you no access even to the dubious world of google/wiki? Please read any ACADEMIC source rather than relying on nairaland writing of the uneducated. Christianity was at the forefront of the abolitionist movement!

No what has any of this to do with the Pope demonstrating humility, love and tolerance? You keep ignoring that and bringing in all these irrelevancies!

Is this not the same Bible you are talking about? With the below content?

See what you need to ask yourself is

WHY IS THE BIBLE NOT FULL OF HE SAID THIS AND THAT ALONE AND QUOTED DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF THE Mathew this, luke this, john this, Solomon this, king this, apostle that etc? Let me just stop because what you are dragging me into is what I hate doing actually.

Different versions by different authors with different sentence construct. I mean.......

Leviticus 25:44-46New International Version (NIV)

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

New International Version (NIV)

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:2-6
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:2-6New International Version (NIV)

Hebrew Servants
2 “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

5 “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6 then his master must take him before the judges.[a] He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Footnotes:

Exodus 21:6 Or before God

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:7-11
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:7-11New International Version (NIV)

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

Footnotes:

Exodus 21:8 Or master so that he does not

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:20-21
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

STUDY THIS
Ephesians 6:5
Ephesians 5Philippians 1

Ephesians 6:5New International Version (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Ephesians 6:5 in all English translations
STUDY THIS
1 Timothy 6:1-2
1 Timothy 52 Timothy 1

1 Timothy 6:1-2New International Version (NIV)

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

False Teachers and the Love of Money
These are the things you are to teach and insist on.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 6:2 Or and benefit from the service

STUDY THIS
Luke 12:47-48
Luke 11Luke 13

Luke 12:47-48New International Version (NIV)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by leofab(f): 12:17am On Mar 29, 2016
gasgenius:

Religion is not being holy pass as u said. Before Christianity or Islam in Nigeria there were lots of religion. And it was not ok by the followers. That why in some will join evil cult and become a witch to become powerful. Religion is absolute believing and I do study religion and Christianity is better off that why is popular and they never blame Christianity on evil mostly compare to others
why did you say Christianity is better of
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:22am On Mar 29, 2016
Kbs468:

Is this not the same Bible you are talking about? With the below content?

See what you need to ask yourself is

WHY IS THE BIBLE NOT FULL OF HE SAID THIS AND THAT ALONE AND QUOTED DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF THE Mathew this, luke this, john this, Solomon this, king this, apostle that etc? Let me just stop because what you are dragging me into is what I hate doing actually.

Different versions by different authors with different sentence construct. I mean.......

Leviticus 25:44-46New International Version (NIV)

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:2-6
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:2-6New International Version (NIV)

Hebrew Servants
2 “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

5 “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6 then his master must take him before the judges.[a] He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Footnotes:

Exodus 21:6 Or before God

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:7-11
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:7-11New International Version (NIV)

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

Footnotes:

Exodus 21:8 Or master so that he does not

STUDY THIS
Exodus 21:20-21
Exodus 20Exodus 22

Exodus 21:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

STUDY THIS
Ephesians 6:5
Ephesians 5Philippians 1

Ephesians 6:5New International Version (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Ephesians 6:5 in all English translations
STUDY THIS
1 Timothy 6:1-2
1 Timothy 52 Timothy 1

1 Timothy 6:1-2New International Version (NIV)

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

False Teachers and the Love of Money
These are the things you are to teach and insist on.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 6:2 Or and benefit from the service

STUDY THIS
Luke 12:47-48
Luke 11Luke 13

Luke 12:47-48New International Version (NIV)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Lol. Stuck in the past I see. Come up to the 1800's and read of William Wilberforce and John Newton etc etc. You might learn a lot. Confused why you focussed on Christianity and not arab slavers or african slavers. Read my earlier posts.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
leofab:
why did you say Christianity is better of
Because is more peaceful and is not by force and cause i was born as a Christian..... Any way that my own sha ... Tell me are u from Nigeria cause u loolk different and what ur religion
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kbs468:

I don't need to argue much but you can read this briefly ok

"The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you." [Bible - John 14:26]

Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me, named Ahmad." [Holy Quran 61:6]

The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?" [Bible - John 1:20]

You don't even understand a bit of what Jesus said. Jesus said, A Comforter, the Spirit of the truth will come after Him. This Comforter is the Holy

When the chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist who he was, they asked him in a very strange way. First they questioned him as to whether or not he was the anticipated "Messiah" [Christ in Koine Greek]. He was not the "Messiah" that had hoped for. Next they asked if he was the prophet Elijah and again he tells them, "No." Now comes the really strange part. Finally, they asked him if he is "That Prophet?"

Are you Christ? - [No]
Are you Elijah? - [No]
Are you THAT Prophet? - [No]

Again, I'd like to ask you to keep the following verses in mind:

Jeremiah 51:33 Arabia has not yet met its threshold, and the time of her harvest shall come.

Jeremiah 31:31 �The days are coming,� declares the Lord, �when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Isaiah 41:8-13 GOD Almighty assures the House of Jacob that they are still loved and chosen by GOD Almighty. �Do not be afraid (of this Servant).� Never was this said to an Israelite Prophet. THE ENTIRE HOUSE OF JACOB were commanded to not be afraid of him, because he will be a NON-ISRAELITE Prophet.

Isaiah 41 and 42:6, 42:10-13 The Arabian Prophet will come from the people of Kedar with ********* The New Covenant.

More on how Prophet Muhammad was Prophesied in the Bible, and how he is the Final and Special Prophet that was going to be sent to all of mankind, according to the Bible itself. See how the Bible in the Old and New Testaments made DIRECT Prophecies about it too :

'The Prophet who will come from the "EAST". The Bible defined "EAST" to mean Arabia, and the lands of Kedar and Teman (Saudi Arabia today).

The Prophet who will come from "Arabia".
The Prophet who will come from the lands and "tents of Kedar" and "lands of Teman". Kedar and Teman (also called "Tema" in the Bible) are two of Ishmael's sons: Genesis 25:13-15.

The Prophet who will "crush the idols of the deserts of Kedar".
The Prophet who will "fight the idol worshipers" in the deserts of Kedar.

The people of Kedar will Glorify GOD Almighty, and GOD will Glorify His Holy Temple "in Kedar".

"Arabia will rejoice and blossom".
The Prophet who will come from the "Desert". Again, the Bible also defined the "Desert" to mean the lands of Arabia, Kedar and Teman.

The Prophet of the "New Law" & "New Covenant", whom the Jews "must not fear".

The Prophet who is "like Moses". Both Muhammad and Moses brought new Laws. There is the Law of Moses, which the entire Bible is built on, and there is the Law of the Holy Quran, which Islam is built on.

Also in the New Testament, Christ is recorded to have said this to the Jews: "So [For this reason; Therefore] I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to people [a nation] who do the things God wants in his kingdom [will produce its fruit]." (Matthew 21:43).
Jesus Christ here spoke about foreign people; non-Jews. Jesus was a Jew and was speaking with Jews.

- By the way, the "Kingdom of God" here means THE COVENANT & RELIGION OF GOD on earth to the new nation.

Also, "(GOD's) burden shall be upon Arabia" (Isaiah 21:13) [1], means GOD Almighty's Divine Assignment to His Warriors and True Believers shall be put upon the shoulders of the Arabs through Islam and also through the 2nd return of Jesus Christ from Arabia, according to both Islam and the Bible

I laugh in Spanish. Is that what they told you? You have been deceived!
Like I said earlier, Mohammad has no part in the work of salvation. Neither did he find any relevance in the Bible. In fact, no reference was made about him.
The Comforter, the Spirit of the Truth is the Holy Spirit. The third Person of the GodHead called the Trinity. The work of redemption, salvation for men, is the exclusive reserve of the triune GodHead: God the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus prophesied that the Holy Spirit would come. Holy Spirit actually came, and fell on the disciple in the upper room on the day of Pentecost. The personality Jesus said would come after Him was a Spirit. Mohammad was not a spirit. Mohammed was a man with flesh and blood, just like any other human.
Check your fact well, Mohammad played no part in the work of salvation. And he is irrelevant in Christendom . That's the obvious truth.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
najib632:
In Islam if u don't believe in all the prophets of God your faith is not complete dats among the six articles of faith in Islam. All muslims believe that Jesus A.S. is a messenger of Allah he is even among the most respected prohets of God; Abraham A.S.,Nuh A.S.,Moses A.S. ,Jesus A.S. and Prohet Muhammad S.A.W. so am jus looking at you guys and those bastard jews you will Answer God on judgement day keeping on saying that God is 3
If that's the condition for salvation in Islam, it's not the same with Christianity. That's why I say Christianity and Islam are opposite , and have nothing in common. There's no reference to Mohammad in the bible, and he played no part in the work of salvation. As a matter of fact, the work of salvation has been completed and finished before Mohammed was born. To be saved in Christianity you only need to believe:
1. Jesus is Lord.
2. Jesus is the Son of God
3. Jesus died on the cross, and was buried, and on the third day, He rose from the dead.
That's all. Then you begin to walk in the liberty God has given to redeemed of The Lord through the help of The Holy Ghost.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:00am On Mar 30, 2016
najib632:
In Islam if u don't believe in all the prophets of God your faith is not complete dats among the six articles of faith in Islam. All muslims believe that Jesus A.S. is a messenger of Allah he is even among the most respected prohets of God; Abraham A.S.,Nuh A.S.,Moses A.S. ,Jesus A.S. and Prohet Muhammad S.A.W. so am jus looking at you guys and those bastard jews you will Answer God on judgement day keeping on saying that God is 3

IF you really want us to believe that Islam is a religion of peace then it might be wiser not to refer to the Jews as you have done so above. Im not a Jew nor indeed a Muslim and disagree with both religions. But no matter how much I may deservedly castigate an individual for transgressions I would never refer to any group as you have above. (And in case you feel I am too hard on pagans and animists etc do remember it is 2016 and having varied religious beliefs is rather different from trying to drag humanity back into the dark ages by tree and water spirit worship etc).

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Kbs468(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Lol. Stuck in the past I see. Come up to the 1800's and read of William Wilberforce and John Newton etc etc. You might learn a lot. Confused why you focussed on Christianity and not arab slavers or african slavers. Read my earlier posts.
Lol. Stuck in the past right? When you are seeing New International Version abi? Or why didn't you tell me that you have authored your own version too like very many before you?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by cleoblizz332(f): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2016
wadetaw202:

You are not just ignorant,but you are also a fuul. If you are not a fuul, you will know you are veering off the point. Those people the pope is washing their feet are as ignorant as peter when Jesus wanted to wash his feet and that is the point of discuss.
get my message..yes dea were ignorant as peter so what later happen when Jesus explained to him he hurriedly requested dt his hands should be washed as well, one can be ignorant bt its not right to live on it..one more thing brother u called me a fool n u still say u t a Christian if Jesus called all those who went against him a fool I wonder what would have being our faith now...stick to ur BIBLE it helps
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by wadetaw202: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
cleoblizz332:
get my message..yes dea were ignorant as peter so what later happen when Jesus explained to him he hurriedly requested dt his hands should be washed as well, one can be ignorant bt its not right to live on it..one more thing brother u called me a fool n u still say u t a Christian if Jesus called all those who went against him a fool I wonder what would have being our faith now...stick to ur BIBLE it helps

It is you that seems to have exchange your bible for guguru(popcorn). If not, you will realise that people get easily converted when you preach to them by action. Have you ever read 1Corinthians 9:19-23? Try reading the place.

Romans 12:20 may also help. It doesn't matter if these peeps are not Christians. Your good deeds can transform their hearts and have more positive impacts on their lives than the noise your church makes through loudspeakers.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by cleoblizz332(f): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
wadetaw202:

It is you that seems to have exchange your bible for guguru(popcorn). If not, you will realise that people get easily converted when you preach to them by action. Have you ever read 1Corinthians 9:19-23? Try reading the place.

Romans 12:20 may also help. It doesn't matter if these peeps are not Christians. Your good deeds can transform their hearts and have more positive impacts on their lives than the noise your church makes through loudspeakers.
my dear brother don't quote Bible versus insult it doesn't work dt way..
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Just seeing this after months,sorry about that. all you have quoted are true. but there are equally verses that attest to him being God. that is where the mystery in the verse i quoted comes in. mystery is hidden behind the pronouns,nouns,etc. God can be everywhere at the same time.jesus forgave sin which only God can do of which even the jews then accused him of blasphemy because they never knew his person.they stoned him when he said,before abraham was I AM,for making himself God.christ said baptise them in the name of the father,son and the holy spirit.but the disciples baptised in the name of jesus because they got the revelation of it.thomas when he saw the nail holes on jesus, he said,my lord and my God.Gen.1:1- God created.john 1:1- in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God,the word(God) became flesh(Jesus) and dwelt among us.the bible has somethings coded(mystery).they are revealed only to whom he wills.mind you,majority of christians don't have this revelation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Transmission Of COVID-19 At Shiloh 2020 (Winners Chapel) / Will you be shut out of heaven if you do any of these? / Mbaka: Why I Didn't But Private Jet Like Other Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.