Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2421 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / There Is Absolute Proof That Jesus Christ Rose From The Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 2:26am On Mar 25, 2016
Yey! It's good Friday and I am overly excited. Can't wait to get to Church.

Well, yesterday I stumbled into this heart breaking question here on Nairaland: How is Jesus’ death a sacrifice if He rose from the dead? And it was followed by streams of heart breaking responses.

That question inspired this article.

That Jesus gave up His life that you might be saved. That’s a sacrifice.
Jesus said in John 10:18, “No one can take my life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."

He had the power to take it up or lay it down but rather He chose to give it up for our sake so that through His death, we may have life and deliverance from sin/ fallen nature. That’s a sacrifice.

We can’t even begin to quantify His agony, the agony that made His sweat become like drops of blood as He prayed fervently in the garden of Gethsemane.

He was in anguish because He was completely man but He had to do it because He loves you. That’s a sacrifice.

Despite the fact that He knew the horrors of what He was going to face, He still said, “Yet Father not My will but Your will be done.” That’s a sacrifice.

They mocked Him. He took it.

They slapped Him. He took it.

They yelled at Him. He took it.

They insulted him, beat him, pushed Him around, flogged Him with a lead tipped whip, yet He did not say a word in defense of Himself.

They drove a crown of thorns into His weary head and subjected Him to a gruesome and shameful death. Still He bore it, all for you. That is SACRIFICE.
You were on His mind as He walked down that long and dreary road to Calvary. Jesus put you first. That is Sacrifice.

It was important He rose from death. For His resurrection symbolizes total victory over death. This is the foundation of Christianity. This is what makes us who we are.

If Jesus did not rise from death our faith is futile. What’s the use believing in a dead God? But for the fact He rose, we live without the fear of death because we know we have hope. We will rise again just as Jesus did.

A spiritually myopic person cannot understand this. To him it is plain foolishness but God has used the foolish things of the world to shame the wise (1 Cor 1:27)

So when you sit down to curse out the Lord who gave His life that you might be saved by just believing in Him, please remember that ‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.’ (John 15:13) It means that Jesus does love you with an unquantifiable love even when you despise Him.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. He is the ultimate sacrifice!
Happy resurrection. Enjoy your holiday.

Full access here==> http://mitchelleobatu..com.ng/2016/03/the-ultimate-sacrifice-please-read.html

1 Like

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by OgundeleT(m): 3:01am On Mar 25, 2016
so when you offer something and you later have it back so it is a sacrifice? if you claim his death is a sacrifice what of that of our soldiers killed in Maiduguri? i don't know why xtians always choose to be irrational whenever it comes to religion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Flexherbal(m): 4:21am On Mar 25, 2016
God will give us understanding of his word.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by orisa37: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2016
Please go privately to your Scripture Teachers to explain this point. It's faster.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by promise101: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
All you atheists, you have come again. Please, I hope you haven't come to play the devil's role that occurred in the temptation of Jesus.

satan to Jesus:"if you are the son of God, turn this stone to bread"

Assuming, christ hadn't resurrected, you would say that he is like other fake prophets like mohammed.
You would have succeeded in making mockery of our christian faith.

If christ hadn't resurrected, who will EVER believ in him and his divinity. Unlike other fake prophets like mohammed, who died on poison.

Jesus' death is NOT accidental to him, he FOREKNEW IT, he knew for sure that he is the lamb of God(in flesh) that taketh away the sins of the whole world.

Jesus knew that it will take him, dying in the likeness of a sinful flesh, for us to be saved.

He resurrected as an assurance of our justification. If he hadn't resurrected, how will we be sure that our debt has been paid.

1cor 15:14; "AND IF CHRIST BE NOT RISEN, then is our preaching vain, and YOUR FAITH IS ALSO IN VAIN."

The resurrection of Jesus is what proves him lord over death.

Jesus died for our condemnation and he RESURRECTED for our justification.

If he died and after death(paying our debt), he couldn't defeat death, then he will be like other fake prophets who came and will still come before him.

Nevertheless, Jesus intentionally knew that he will die and on the third day, he shall rise from the death. This is a DIVINE plan for man's justification.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
OgundeleT:
so when you offer something and you later have it back so it is a sacrifice? if you claim his death is a sacrifice what of that of our soldiers killed in Maiduguri? i don't know why xtians always choose to be irrational whenever it comes to religion
Pls reread the article for more clarity. It answers ur question. Kindly note this: u cannot analyze spiritual matters with human wisdom. We should stop trying to analyze and dissect God because it's impossible and frustrating. All u need do is open up ur heart and believe.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
Only the nails that went into His hands is enough sacrifice to ponder about. We humans cannot understand spiritual things with the way we think or talk. When you die, then your eyes would be opened to see the things you cannot see now.
That which is born of the spirit is spirit and that which born of the flesh is flesh. Ask God for spiritual understanding.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Kay17: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
TrueBorn:
Pls reread the article for more clarity. It answers ur question. Kindly note this: u cannot analyze spiritual matters with human wisdom. We should stop trying to analyze and dissect God because it's impossible and frustrating. All u need do is open up ur heart and believe.

All religions will successfully pass "you can't analyze spiritual matters with human wisdom" test. All religions will be valid as a result.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Kay17: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
HandsomeChris:
Only the nails that went into His hands is enough sacrifice to ponder about. We humans cannot understand spiritual things with the way we think or talk. When you die, then your eyes would be opened to see the things you cannot see now.
That which is born of the spirit is spirit and that which born of the flesh is flesh. Ask God for spiritual understanding.

This so called spiritual wisdom was passed down to you from preceding generations, isn't it prudent to ask questions?

Like why an omnipotent being needs to die for sins when his words are sufficient to wipe out such sins. There are many religions but if there is a true religion, it will be surrounded by many false ones. So there has to be a distinguishing factor separating falsehood from truth.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by OgundeleT(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2016
TrueBorn:
I don't just know why you people always choose to be irrational whenever it comes to religion. bible said that somebody died, wake up the third day and later go to heaven to enjoy and you are claiming it is a sacrifice? what is spiritual in that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2016
OgundeleT:

I don't just know why you people always choose to be irrational whenever it comes to religion. bible said that somebody died, wake up the third day and later go to heaven to enjoy and you are claiming it is a sacrifice? what is spiritual in that?
It's not being irrational. It's being resolute about something I believe and know is true. Everything d Bible says abt Jesus is true and I am not ashamed to say this.

I pray God will open ur eyes to the Truth cos no matter how much u try to understand it tru human wisdom, u can't. Only God can give u that understanding and He will if only u'd stop fighting it and allow Him to.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Kay17: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2016
TrueBorn:
It's not being irrational. It's being resolute about something I believe and know is true. Everything d Bible says abt Jesus is true and I am not ashamed to say this.

I pray God will open ur eyes to the Truth cos no matter how much u try to understand it tru human wisdom, u can't. Only God can give u that understanding and He will if only u'd stop fighting it and allow Him to.

The sum total of what you are saying is, you have a very strong conviction that Christianity is a true religion. Same with errors, we have deep convictions in our errors.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by OgundeleT(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
TrueBorn:

lols.. you are resolute that a story that was passed to you is true? you are resolute that the religion given to ur forefather through slavery is true? what make you to have a resolution that bible is true is the same reason why others of other religion believe there religion book is true. your bible is nothing but a mythology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by thehomer: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
TrueBorn:
Yey! It's good Friday and I am overly excited. Can't wait to get to Church.

Well, yesterday I stumbled into this heart breaking question here on Nairaland: How is Jesus’ death a sacrifice if He rose from the dead? And it was followed by streams of heart breaking responses.

That question inspired this article.

That Jesus gave up His life that you might be saved. That’s a sacrifice.
Jesus said in John 10:18, “No one can take my life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."

He had the power to take it up or lay it down but rather He chose to give it up for our sake so that through His death, we may have life and deliverance from sin/ fallen nature. That’s a sacrifice.

We can’t even begin to quantify His agony, the agony that made His sweat become like drops of blood as He prayed fervently in the garden of Gethsemane.

He was in anguish because He was completely man but He had to do it because He loves you. That’s a sacrifice.

Despite the fact that He knew the horrors of what He was going to face, He still said, “Yet Father not My will but Your will be done.” That’s a sacrifice.

They mocked Him. He took it.

They slapped Him. He took it.

They yelled at Him. He took it.

They insulted him, beat him, pushed Him around, flogged Him with a lead tipped whip, yet He did not say a word in defense of Himself.

They drove a crown of thorns into His weary head and subjected Him to a gruesome and shameful death. Still He bore it, all for you. That is SACRIFICE.
You were on His mind as He walked down that long and dreary road to Calvary. Jesus put you first. That is Sacrifice.

It was important He rose from death. For His resurrection symbolizes total victory over death. This is the foundation of Christianity. This is what makes us who we are.

If Jesus did not rise from death our faith is futile. What’s the use believing in a dead God? But for the fact He rose, we live without the fear of death because we know we have hope. We will rise again just as Jesus did.

A spiritually myopic person cannot understand this. To him it is plain foolishness but God has used the foolish things of the world to shame the wise (1 Cor 1:27)

So when you sit down to curse out the Lord who gave His life that you might be saved by just believing in Him, please remember that ‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.’ (John 15:13) It means that Jesus does love you with an unquantifiable love even when you despise Him.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. He is the ultimate sacrifice!
Happy resurrection. Enjoy your holiday.

Full access here==> http://mitchelleobatu..com.ng/2016/03/the-ultimate-sacrifice-please-read.html

It isn't a sacrifice at all. He knew he would be resurrected, he knew he was going to Heaven so he lost nothing and gained everythign according to you Christians. People have suffered far worse for far less as a reward.

1 Like

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by thehomer: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
HandsomeChris:

As I've said before, people have suffered the same or worse. Take Spartacus. When he lost against the Romans, the survivors were crucified along the road to Rome. Crucifiction isn't new and Jesus wasn't the first or last to undergo that punishment.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by AgentOfAllah: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
TrueBorn:

If you are going to claim anything is true, and you want that truth to be accepted by others, then there must be an external, independent, falsifiable yardstick, itself, beyond reproach, with which to assess the veracity of your claim. So my question to you is: how do you know everything the Bible says about Jesus is true? Bear in mind the implication of the word "everything". Supposing just half a statement about Jesus in the Bible is found to be false, your claim becomes entirely false.

1 Like

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by promise101: 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kay17:

This so called spiritual wisdom was passed down to you from preceding generations, isn't it prudent to ask questions?

Like why an omnipotent being needs to die for sins when his words are sufficient to wipe out such sins. There are many religions but if there is a true religion, it will be surrounded by many false ones. So there has to be a distinguishing factor separating falsehood from truth.
Yea! You asked a good question that I have once asked.

Now, for you to understand this, you have to know that Yaweeh is a God of Justice. You have to know that injustice is sin. Then, if God should play injustice then it means that God can sin.

However, God CAN NEVER play injustice(sin).

Furthermore, God REALLY has the power to interfere between our sins and the devil and just forgive us our sins for us to be free from the devil.

But if God should interfere, then it is INJUSTICE.

Now, for God to save us by playing Justice, God had to use this rule:
"MAN lost the glory, MAN must recover the glory"

If God had interfere, it would be: "MAN lost the glory, SPIRIT recovers the glory" and as such is injustice in God's part. Because God is not a man but a spirit.

So now for glory to be recovered, a ransom MUST be paid for us to be saved. And the ransom must be a man. And the man is Jesus.

Note: when we were under sin, we were also under it's penalty.

For the wages of sin is DEATH, but the gift of God(Jesus) is ETERNAL LIFE.

Also, see this, just like the law of karma; you CANNOT avoid the consequences of the bad you do.
You must reap it!

If God should just take away sin, like that, without punishing the sin, it is a sign of injustice.

Supposed, that sin should be punished, then we ourselves will be the ones to be punished. For instance, for a judge to pass judgement on a case of murder, he will be passing judgment on the murderer. And in our case, we were all guilty for the sins we have committed. Then, we had to face the penalty, which is DEATH.

Therefore, john3:16;"For God SO LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten son(ransom- jesus), that whosoever that shall believe in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life."

So now, being that we were the ones that sinned, God still loved us so much, and to prove it, he gave up his son Jesus for us.

Now, because of God's love, instead of our sins to be judged on us, all our sins were Judged on christ and he was condemned to death and he died in our place.

Just as simple as that!
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
thehomer:

It isn't a sacrifice at all. He knew he would be resurrected, he knew he was going to Heaven so he lost nothing and gained everythign according to you Christians. People have suffered far worse for far less as a reward.
Pls read Hebrews 10:1-18. It will tell u why Jesus' death is 'the' sacrifice, not 'a' sacrifice and I pray God to give u understanding cos personally I cannot convince u of these things. It's the Holy Spirit that convicts. He is the One who reveals the Truth to us. But then u must be willing to open up ur hrt to know d truth.

So d question is 'do u want to know d truth?'

' They hate the light and love darkness, you know why? Becos they do not want their sins to be exposed. They don' t want to be told that what they r doing is wrong.

They know in themselves it is wrong but they are not willing to give up that lifestyle. So what do they do? They go abt seeking ways, even misquoting Scriptures and carrying out campaigns, just to justify their sinful actions instead of embracing d truth'.

Pls think abt this.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by promise101: 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

If you are going to claim anything is true, and you want that truth to be accepted by others, then there must be an external, independent, falsifiable yardstick, itself, beyond reproach, with which to assess the veracity of your claim. So my question to you is: how do you know everything the Bible says about Jesus is true? Bear in mind the implication of the word "everything". Supposing just half a statement about Jesus in the Bible is found to be false, your claim becomes entirely false.
Yea, I really love your question.

But if you can really answer this single question to my taste, then I promise to answer yours to your taste. But mine first.

Please, without trying to make use of bible to justify or answer this question.

Please, what are the evidence that shows that mohammed was sent by God?

What evidence shows that your prophet mohammed really received his message from God in a cave? Any witness?
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kay17:

The sum total of what you are saying is, you have a very strong conviction that Christianity is a true religion. Same with errors, we have deep convictions in our errors.
Yes. Jesus said, " Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether My teaching comes from God or whether I speak on My own." John 7:17

So dear, deep within urself, whose will are u really out to do in this life? Urs or God's? Search ur hrt.
That's ur key.

When ur genuine heart's desire is to do God's will in this life, I assure u, u will find the Truth. And in the Truth there is no error.

The Holy Spirit God puts inside of us when we recieve Jesus teaches us everything we need to knw and what He teaches is the Truth. John 14:26
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

It takes a personal encounter with Jesus to know that everything the Bible says about Him is true.

That's how I know. Becos I have personally encountered Him. He is real and He is alive! Until u encounter Jesus, the truth will only sound like fiction.

Also want to say this: all Scripture is God-breathed 2 Tim 3:16. For no prophecy at any time was brought by the will of man but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. 2 Pet 1:21

If d Scripture was inspired by God, how can there be any mistakes in it? How can d it be false?
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 3:33am On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=OgundeleT post=44154689]

lols.. you are resolute that a story that was passed to you is true? you are resolute that the religion given to ur forefather through slavery is true? what make you to have a resolution that bible is true is the same reason why others of other religion believe there religion book is true. your bible is nothing but a mythology [/quoteYes. Totally. Let me tell u this: I didn't give my life to Jesus bc I was born into a Christian home or because it wz handed down to me. I also have a past but my story changed when I discovered God for myself, not based on what I heard or what people told me. No. I had a personal encounter with God. That founded my resolution.

Pls note a' personal encounter with God'. This was exactly wot hapened to d disciples that made them know that Jesus was the One who is eternal life...they experienced Jesus.

John said, 'We proclaim to u d One who existed from d beginning, whom we have heard and seen.

We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own hands. He is d Word of life. This One who is life itself was revealed to us, and we have seen Him.

Now we proclaim and testify to u that He is d One who is eternal life. ' 1John 1:1,2

Jesus' disciples didn' t just believe in Him. They initially had their doubts but as they spent time with Jesus, they experienced Him. Jesus revealed Himself to them.

That's why when I talk abouy Jesus, I talk about Him with confidence bc I have experienced Him. He is so real and He is alive!

The Holy Spirit is d One who convicts me and teaches me everything I need to know (John 14:26)

Like I earlier said, I can't really explaine these things. It's d Holy Spirit that does a perfect job of it. It's beyond human understanding but all u need is to experience Jesus for urself then u'll knw dat d Bible is not a book of mythology.

Until u allow God reveal Himself to u, the Bible will always be a fictional book.

That's why Christianity is different from other religions bc Christianity is a lifestyle. It's an experience. We live it. We breathe it. We talk it. We don't do what we do ritualistically or out of obligation. We do it out of love for our God and Saviour.

All u need is experience Jesus and all ur question s will be answered. Don't harden ur hrt.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 3:36am On Mar 28, 2016
OgundeleT:

lols.. you are resolute that a story that was passed to you is true? you are resolute that the religion given to ur forefather through slavery is true? what make you to have a resolution that bible is true is the same reason why others of other religion believe there religion book is true. your bible is nothing but a mythology
Yes. Totally. Let me tell u this: I didn't give my life to Jesus bc I was born into a Christian home or because it wz handed down to me. I also have a past but my story changed when I discovered God for myself, not based on what I heard or what people told me. No. I had a personal encounter with God. That founded my resolution.

Pls note a' personal encounter with God'. This was exactly wot hapened to d disciples that made them know that Jesus was the One who is eternal life...they experienced Jesus.

John said, 'We proclaim to u d One who existed from d beginning, whom we have heard and seen.

We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own hands. He is d Word of life. This One who is life itself was revealed to us, and we have seen Him.

Now we proclaim and testify to u that He is d One who is eternal life. ' 1John 1:1,2

Jesus' disciples didn' t just believe in Him. They initially had their doubts but as they spent time with Jesus, they experienced Him. Jesus revealed Himself to them.

That's why when I talk abouy Jesus, I talk about Him with confidence bc I have experienced Him. He is so real and He is alive!

The Holy Spirit is d One who convicts me and teaches me everything I need to know (John 14:26)

Like I earlier said, I can't really explaine these things. It's d Holy Spirit that does a perfect job of it. It's beyond human understanding but all u need is to experience Jesus for urself then u'll knw dat d Bible is not a book of mythology.

Until u allow God reveal Himself to u, the Bible will always be a fictional book.

That's why Christianity is different from other religions bc Christianity is a lifestyle. It's an experience. We live it. We breathe it. We talk it. We don't do what we do ritualistically or out of obligation. We do it out of love for our God and Saviour.

All u need is experience Jesus and all ur question s will be answered. Don't harden ur hrt.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by AgentOfAllah: 7:14am On Mar 28, 2016
TrueBorn:
It takes a personal encounter with Jesus to know that everything the Bible says about Him is true.

That's how I know. Becos I have personally encountered Him. He is real and He is alive! Until u encounter Jesus, the truth will only sound like fiction.
This is fair! So I cannot be blamed for my disbelief if Jesus hasn't revealed himself to me.

If d Scripture was inspired by God, how can there be any mistakes in it? How can d it be false?
IF, and oh, what a BIG IF!

Also want to say this: all Scripture is God-breathed 2 Tim 3:16. For no prophecy at any time was brought by the will of man but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. 2 Pet 1:21

And then you justify your belief that the scripture is inspired by god using text from the same scripture under investigation. Consider the following scenario:
A man drives up to you one day
Man: I was sent by the Dangote to bring you to him as he wishes to give you =N=2,000,000,000
You: Was it Dangote that sent you?
Man: Yes, of course!

What's your next line of action?
a) Hop into the car and take your chances?
b) Remain skeptical and ask him for further proof?
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by AgentOfAllah: 7:20am On Mar 28, 2016
promise101:

Yea, I really love your question.
Well...thanks, I guess!

But if you can really answer this single question to my taste, then I promise to answer yours to your taste. But mine first.
This hardly qualifies as fair. It's usually the first question that should be answered first. Nevertheless, I'll make an exception since you make it seem your answer depends on how I answer your questions.

Please, without trying to make use of bible to justify or answer this question.

Please, what are the evidence that shows that mohammed was sent by God?
None

What evidence shows that your prophet mohammed really received his message from God in a cave? Any witness?
None

Now that I have answered your questions, I hope you reciprocate, and with answers that are just as concise.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by thehomer: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2016
TrueBorn:
Pls read Hebrews 10:1-18. It will tell u why Jesus' death is 'the' sacrifice, not 'a' sacrifice and I pray God to give u understanding cos personally I cannot convince u of these things. It's the Holy Spirit that convicts. He is the One who reveals the Truth to us. But then u must be willing to open up ur hrt to know d truth.

So d question is 'do u want to know d truth?'

' They hate the light and love darkness, you know why? Becos they do not want their sins to be exposed. They don' t want to be told that what they r doing is wrong.

They know in themselves it is wrong but they are not willing to give up that lifestyle. So what do they do? They go abt seeking ways, even misquoting Scriptures and carrying out campaigns, just to justify their sinful actions instead of embracing d truth'.

Pls think abt this.

Okay, thought about it still wasn't a sacrifice. I want to know the truth but how did you get to know the truth?
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

This is fair! So I cannot be blamed for my disbelief if Jesus hasn't revealed himself to me.

IF, and oh, what a BIG IF!

And then you justify your belief that the scripture is inspired by god using text from the same scripture under investigation. Consider the following scenario:
A man drives up to you one day
Man: I was sent by the Dangote to bring you to him as he wishes to give you =N=2,000,000,000
You: Was it Dangote that sent you?
Man: Yes, of course!

What's your next line of action?
a) Hop into the car and take your chances?
b) Remain skeptical and ask him for further proof?

My friend, it's like u are working so hard to confute God's Word and I wonder why. If u know sincerely, deep within ur hrt that what u believe is true, why are u wasting all this energy in trying to find a loophole with Jesus?

And coming to ur statement, oh yes, u will be blamed cos u heard d truth and rejected it. Jesus can only reveal Himself to u when u allow Him. He can't force His way into ur heart.

Jesus said, 'behold, I stand at d door of ur heart and knock. Whoever opens up to Me, I will come in and dine with him and he with Me.'

Jesus is knocking pn d door of ur hrt right now, will u open? The decision is entirely urs to make. Every choice u make in life is out of ur free will, ur own decision. God is no slave driver. And that's why to each man He gave a free will to choose right and wrong, blessing and curse but He advices us like the Father He is to choose life that we and our decendants will live.

God loves u to tell u dis is d path u shld follow but He can't make u do it. U choose so that in d end u won't turn and blame God for d consequences of d sinful choice u made.

But over and over again, man has blamed and continually blames God for the consequences of their actions. What u sow is wot u reap. If u sow sin, be sure u will reap corruption.

Next question u may ask me is, how do I know dat what it is d truth?

Faith.

I simply believed even tho humanly speaking d message of d cross sounds like foolishness but when I opened my heart in faith, tho not having any empirical evidence abinicio, God revealed d truth to me.

If u want to come to God, u must come like a child. Empty urself of all ur so called feeble wisdom and come. Cos as long as u harden up ur hrt and try to analyze, reason, rationalize and understand God, even if I explain from today til tomorrow, u will never see sense in wot I am saying.

I can only persuade u to give Jesus a try. Open up ur hrt to doing God's will and I promise u, u will see wot I am talking about.

Faith makes us believe even when we don't see bc we know God cannot lie. Human wisdom says, 'I must see before I believe'. Jesus said, ' blessed are those who believe who believe without seeing Me' John 20:29

I simply believed in Jesus even though I didn't see Him. I wasn't there when d Bible was written but I simply 'chose' to believe and I can testify that I have seen God at work in my life, in every of my affairs.

It's by faith that we understand that d universe was formed at God's command. I wasn't there but I believed it.

It's impossible to analyze God. He is beyond human and angelic imagination. That's why thru Jesus, He gives us His Holy Spirit who reveals and teaches us everything we need to know.

I have tasted God. I have experienced d wonders of His power. His S p rit dwells in me and bears me witness that wot I believe is true. He proves it in my life everyday. That's why I stayed. That's why I am resolute bc I see results. Jesus works.

If u really, deep within ur hrt, want to do God's will, am sure a part of u will know dat what I am saying is true. But d question again is: do u really want to do God's will? Just take a step further to believe. All u need do is open up ur hrt and ask God, "Lord show me d Truth. If Jesus is d Truth, show me."

Encounter Jesus and u'd see that there is no way u will encounter Him and remain the same.

Arguments about Jesus will take u no where. No mattet how u try to dispute it, it won't make Him less of who He is. If u want to know the truth, I invite u to experience Him for urself cos until then there's nothing I can do here any more. It will be like pouring water onto a stone.

I pray u make d right choice.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by TrueBorn: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
thehomer:

Okay, thought about it still wasn't a sacrifice. I want to know the truth but how did you get to know the truth?
My friend, it's like u are working so hard to confute God's Word and I wonder why. If u know sincerely, deep within ur hrt that what u believe is true, why are u wasting all this energy in trying to find a loophole with Jesus?

Jesus can only reveal Himself to u when u allow Him. He can't force His way into ur heart.

Jesus said, 'behold, I stand at d door of ur heart and knock. Whoever opens up to Me, I will come in and dine with him and he with Me.'

Jesus is knocking pn d door of ur hrt right now, will u open? The decision is entirely urs to make. Every choice u make in life is out of ur free will, ur own decision. God is no slave driver. And that's why to each man He gave a free will to choose right and wrong, blessing and curse but He advices us like the Father He is to choose life that we and our decendants will live.

God loves u to tell u dis is d path u shld follow but He can't make u do it. U choose so that in d end u won't turn and blame God for d consequences of d sinful choice u made.

But over and over again, man has blamed and continually blames God for the consequences of their actions. What u sow is wot u reap. If u sow sin, be sure u will reap corruption.

Next question u may ask me is, how do I know dat what it is d truth?

Faith.

I simply believed even tho humanly speaking d message of d cross sounds like foolishness but when I opened my heart in faith, tho not having any empirical evidence abinicio, God revealed d truth to me.

If u want to come to God, u must come like a child. Empty urself of all ur so called feeble wisdom and come. Cos as long as u harden up ur hrt and try to analyze, reason, rationalize and understand God, even if I explain from today til tomorrow, u will never see sense in wot I am saying.

I can only persuade u to give Jesus a try. Open up ur hrt to doing God's will and I promise u, u will see wot I am talking about.

Faith makes us believe even when we don't see bc we know God cannot lie. Human wisdom says, 'I must see before I believe'. Jesus said, ' blessed are those who believe who believe without seeing Me' John 20:29

I simply believed in Jesus even though I didn't see Him. I wasn't there when d Bible was written but I simply 'chose' to believe and I can testify that I have seen God at work in my life, in every of my affairs.

It's by faith that we understand that d universe was formed at God's command. I wasn't there but I believed it.

It's impossible to analyze God. He is beyond human and angelic imagination. That's why thru Jesus, He gives us His Holy Spirit who reveals and teaches us everything we need to know.

I have tasted God. I have experienced d wonders of His power. His S p rit dwells in me and bears me witness that wot I believe is true. He proves it in my life everyday. That's why I stayed. That's why I am resolute bc I see results. Jesus works.

If u really, deep within ur hrt, want to do God's will, am sure a part of u will know dat what I am saying is true. But d question again is: do u really want to do God's will? Just take a step further to believe. All u need do is open up ur hrt and ask God, "Lord show me d Truth. If Jesus is d Truth, show me."

Encounter Jesus and u'd see that there is no way u will encounter Him and remain the same.

Arguments about Jesus will take u no where. No mattet how u try to dispute it, it won't make Him less of who He is. If u want to know the truth, I invite u to experience Him for urself cos until then there's nothing I can do here any more. It will be like pouring water onto a stone.

I pray u make d right choice.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Kay17: 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
promise101:

Now, for you to understand this, you have to know that Yaweeh is a God of Justice. You have to know that injustice is sin. Then, if God should play injustice then it means that God can sin.

Furthermore, God REALLY has the power to interfere between our sins and the devil and just forgive us our sins for us to be free from the devil.

If God had interfere, it would be: "MAN lost the glory, SPIRIT recovers the glory" and as such is injustice in God's part. Because God is not a man but a spirit.

So now for glory to be recovered, a ransom MUST be paid for us to be saved. And the ransom must be a man. And the man is Jesus.

Also, see this, just like the law of karma; you CANNOT avoid the consequences of the bad you do.
You must reap it!

If God should just take away sin, like that, without punishing the sin, it is a sign of injustice.

Supposed, that sin should be punished, then we ourselves will be the ones to be punished. For instance, for a judge to pass judgement on a case of murder, he will be passing judgment on the murderer. And in our case, we were all guilty for the sins we have committed. Then, we had to face the penalty, which is DEATH.

Therefore, john3:16;"For God SO LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten son(ransom- jesus), that whosoever that shall believe in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life."

So now, being that we were the ones that sinned, God still loved us so much, and to prove it, he gave up his son Jesus for us.

Now, because of God's love, instead of our sins to be judged on us, all our sins were Judged on christ and he was condemned to death and he died in our place.

Just as simple as that!

But HE did intervene by other means. By sending Jesus Christ rather than using simple words. So whatever injustice God was avoiding, is being manifested by forgiving man through Jesus.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Kay17: 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
promise101:

You must reap it!

Just as simple as that!

You just gave a distorted meaning to Injustice. Injustice is giving unfairly or undeservedly. Rewarding the undeserved and punishing the innocent.

The true application of injustice was punishing or allowing the punishment of Jesus despite his innocence. Worse is punishing those who don't have the ability to act freely. Because if man could act freely, he would be without sin if he so wished.

1 Like

Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by Jimmykozz(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2016
OgundeleT:

And that's the main reason the bible warn we Christians against arguing in proverbs 26:4...it reads as follow
Don't answer a fool according to his foolishness or
you'll be like him yourself.
Re: RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? by OgundeleT(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
TrueBorn:

Yes. Totally. Let me tell u this: I didn't give my life to Jesus bc I was born into a Christian home or because it wz handed down to me. I also have a past but my story changed when I discovered God for myself, not based on what I heard or what people told me. No. I had a personal encounter with God. That founded my resolution.

enjoy yourself in delusion

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Luvmijeje, Nothing Happened To Me Before The End Of April, Why? / Christian Women How Does It Feel To Date An Uncircumcised Male / The 12 Spiritual Benefits Of Bay Leaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.