Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Sex Slavery: The Growing Trade Of Nigeria Teenage Girls In Ghana - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Slavery: The Growing Trade Of Nigeria Teenage Girls In Ghana (2254 Views)

Kitchen Stool Sex Position Challenge Trends In Ghana After Principal Student Sex / What Are Teenage Girls Turning Into / Sex Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Slavery: The Growing Trade Of Nigeria Teenage Girls In Ghana by valkaka(m): 3:25am On Mar 25, 2016
.These girls ‘conditions are really disheartening considering what they are exposed to; most of them use almost seven months to pay back the money. Even at that, when they request to go back to Nigeria they are made to swear to different kind of oaths that will keep them in Ghana and in the trade.
Poverty and desperation for financial success amongst some Nigerians have led them into prostitution and, the trade of innocent young bright Nigerian girls. Nigeria, a country which is supposed be referred to as the pride of Africa is losing under aged girls who are the future of the country to prostitution in Ghana our next door neighbor not to talk about Overseas.

The Nigerian governments have failed the Nigerian youths and the citizens at large, I have time without number tried to imagine what the future holds for our young ones who should be in school studying hard to contribute to the nation's development in the future, instead have decided to go after quick money and AIDS! I know every reader might be pointing fingers and saying all kind of things, but seriously speaking this is not a time to point fingers but to do something about it. Most of these ladies are educated but, can’t find jobs or anybody to help them. Majority of them do not enjoy being sex workers. We should have a look at the circumstances which have led these girls into prostitution and have forced them to remain in the trade.

I vividly remember how Ghanaian’s were flocking into Nigeria in the 1980’s in search of greener prospects and better living standard. The Ghana must go bags incidents still lingers in my mind. Amazingly 30 years later, Nigerian's; both the rich, poor and our industries are rushing to the same Ghana and funny enough they are been welcomed with a new kind of bag “The Nigeria must come Bags”
Nigeria!!! What a country, blessed but shallow deep in poverty. It simply shows our past and present leaders have failed us.
Conclusively, it is very important for the government of Nigeria most especially the diplomatic mission in Ghana to come to their aid, most of these girls are under aged who can still make good use of their life and should not be caught up in such acts.

Re: Sex Slavery: The Growing Trade Of Nigeria Teenage Girls In Ghana by ezychris(m): 6:12am On Mar 25, 2016
T
Re: Sex Slavery: The Growing Trade Of Nigeria Teenage Girls In Ghana by ettaetta(m): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Girlfriend/Wife To Call/Have Your Friend's Phone No? / What I Saw On Facebook. (pic) / 7 Pictures To Help You Answer The “why Are You Still Single” Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.