Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan (18543 Views)

Coronation Of Shehu Chindo Yamusa As Emir Of Keffi (Photos) / Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2016
The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, has said the crowd at his coronation scared him.
Adetunji spoke in his palace yesterday when Bishop Wale Oke of the Sword of the Spirit Ministry visited him.
“On my coronation day, I was afraid. I wept and I thought I was going to die,” he said. The monarch, who said he never dreamt of becoming the Olubadan, added that he was brought up by the late Oba Yesufu Oloyede Asanke.
“I never knew I will be Olubadan when I was under him, but years after his death, I was installed as the monarch,” he said. Oke condemned the incessant kidnapping of clergymen.
He said: “They have turned kidnapping into a business.
“I read in the papers that three clergymen in Kaduna were kidnapped and their abductors are demanding for N100 million.
“I appeal that they should be released immediately.”
The bishop said government at all levels must make kidnapping a capital offence, adding that: “if you kidnap anybody and you are caught, then you are gone.”
On the reason for his visit, the cleric said he was in the palace to congratulate the Olubadan and to pray for longitivity and sound health for him.
“I came here to congratulate the Olubadan on his installation and to also let him know that he has a son among the men of God in the country,” he said.
Oke prayed that Oba Adetunji’s tenure would be prosperous, with the ancient city witnessing economic prosperity.

source::: http://thenationonlineng.net/wept-coronation-day-says-olubadan/

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:17am On Mar 25, 2016
Tears of jOy I guess cos I know say kings no dey cry

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by boboLIL(m): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2016
May God be with us.....

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2016
long live d king

more update from praizeblog:: Ekiti Assembly Saga: DSS queried me on
lies – Akanni http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/ekiti-assembly-saga-dss-queried-me-on.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by gbaskiboy: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2016
Goldencollins:
Buhari is a dullard from Daura,Amaechi is a lizard of Ubima,Osinbande is a Midget from Ogun state.
The Zombies are free to quote me.
attention seeker, those people you are accusing are cruising real time with enjoyment and you are allowing bitterness of mind to eat u up.

17 Likes

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Goldencollins: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2016
gbaskiboy:
attention seeker, those people you are accusing are cruising real time with enjoyment and you are allowing bitterness of mind to eat u up.
And u re cruising in abject poverty.

3 Likes

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by gbaskiboy: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2016
Goldencollins:

And u re cruising in abject poverty.
I never made jealous of them, live and let live this is a secret of longevity, learn to mind your own business

16 Likes

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by meshacha1: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2016
Why you go die at the pick of your success?
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2016
hahahaha, eru baaa...
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by wuruolajumoke: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2016
Wetin wan kill you oba
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by pabon(m): 11:00am On Mar 25, 2016
Its like that at times...been there before!
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by IYANGBALI: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2016
Kabiyesi abeg small small o
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2016
Baba o fe ku cheesy
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Funjosh(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2016
Kabiesi, Kade Pelori, Ki Olori Pelaafin smiley

IYANGBALI what are you doing on this thread
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Jegudujera(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2016
sad, pls baba dont die now ooo,cos i am not ready to be d next king ooo,gat to pursue my music carrer first
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by IYANGBALI: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2016
Funjosh:
Kabiesi, Kade Pelori, Ki Olori Pelaafin smiley

IYANGBALI what are you doing on this thread
I dey look for pleek
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2016
gbaskiboy:
I never made jealous of them, live and let live this is a secret of longevity, learn to mind your own business

I like the way u respond to saddists.
U just shot him down in shame

5 Likes

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2016
K
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by ItzTun3chi(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2016
why is it that ibadan kings are always old

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by drmuri(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2016
ItzTun3chi:
why is it that ibadan kings are always old
They follow a lengthy hierarchical steps.
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Kilode baba. Agba naa tide...
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Jolumania432(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2016
sad This man old ooo...May u Leave Long OluIBadan of Ibadan Land
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Wolexdey(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2016
Must we see a picture of this under performing governor?
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by ALARAPE22(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2016
Kabiesi oooooo........
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Charly68: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2016
You never dreamt God will take you to the Zenith of achievement but suddenly you found yourself there,it could generate tears of joy sir,I very much celebrate God for your his grace upon your life. Many struggled to get there but died before their time..Where is Adedobu today? With all his juju & thugs where is he ? But you kept your cool & do your work & God positioned you even in the midst of unexpected opposition.. May you reign for long Kabiyesi ! May your tenure be peaceful & glorious to the people of Ibadan .

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by free2ryhme: 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die and you are still sitting on the throne
Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by Sammyashol(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kade pe lori baba, ki bata pe lese, ki irukere pe lowo, ki leke pe lorun

1 Like

Re: On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan by domopps(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Long life Olubadan of ibadanland!

Cheeeeeers

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fundamentals Of Odinani (Igbo Religion) / Thread For Those Who Love Weed / Alhaji Mamman Isa Okatahi Receives Staff Of Office As Ohi Of Okene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.