Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

What Is The Essence Of Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Essence Of Fasting? (634 Views)

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Fasting? by cevek11: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2016
Should I fast because I need a favour from God or because I want to be more disposed to the will of God?
What really is the primary reason to fast, as it seems most people do it these days to sway God.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Fasting? by 8kingz(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2016
fasting is for both been closer to God and asking something from God,it also help in maintaining healthy body
Re: What Is The Essence Of Fasting? by maureen546: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2016
Is to come close to God nd maintain ur healthy life
Re: What Is The Essence Of Fasting? by promise101: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2016
cevek11:
Should I fast because I need a favour from God or because I want to be more disposed to the will of God?
What really is the primary reason to fast, as it seems most people do it these days to sway God.
My friend, believers who believe and BUILD STRONG MINDSET on christ finished works, they don't even stress themselves to fast, before they get miracles.

It doesn't mean that fasting is not Good, but you have a lot to access when you understand the REAL POWER OF THE GOSPEL.

It is just like saying, that when a sick person is being prayed for WITH OLIVE OIL, the prayer will be answered speedily. Of course not true!

My friend, WITH OR WITHOUT OIL, a sick person can recover speedily, it all depends on the basis of faith.

Using of oil, fasting, giving to the needy, tithing are NOT bad. Because they are privileges left for people who have WEAK FAITH on the finished work of christ and possibly for people who wants to carry out something of much task, but doesn't mean that without fast, they cannot carry out the hard task. If unbelievers can do clean buisiness(with no juju) without even fasting or tithing and be VERY rich. Why must I, who have a father that is greater than all, stress myself for me to get the divine intention of God for me.

ALL that is needed is to BELIEVE in his finished work.

Christ finished work is INDEPENDENT of anything, except OUR FAiTH, be it night vigil, fasting, tithing, giving and all the rest.

As for me, most times, I don't ask or complain for things while praying, because God KNOWS my problem MORE THAN I DO, rather I SING SONGS OF WORSHIP. And in the midst of the worship, I always feel the presence(anointing) of God all over my body. It is always an amazing experience in seeing such happening in my life.

I BELIEVE, that if an unbeliever who doesn't believe in Jesus, will not even pray for miracles to happen for them(pass exams, get married, get health soundness, get promotion, grow business), how can I stress myself much, running helter skelter from one prayer house to another, before I can receive what I want.

And that makes blessings of God over my life to be automatically activated whenever I need them.

I don't say that fasting is not good, but all I am saying is that if you try to rediscover the POWER in the gospel of Jesus which you have received, believed and wherein you stand in FAITH. You won't be bothered to fast, before blessings come your way.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/05/16 / The God Of A Second Chance. / Effect Of MAGIC On Prophets - Islam & Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.