Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? (21936 Views)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by InvertedHammer: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:
I have been enduring all manners of insult from my boss for over 2years now... But this time around, I don't think I can stand it any more

Just yesterday, he said to me *you are not adding any value to my firm* hummmmm I am seriously lost and confuse right now

I don't want to wait till he sacks me, I have no plan *b* and am thinking of dropping my resignation letter before he sacks me.

Please I need sincere advise on what to do,... If u have ever been there, what did u do?

I will appreciate ur response

Thanks........
/
Everyone seems to detest it but the folks that master the art of kissing a.ss get way ahead of others. It is pure art.

Don't forget the principles of 48 Laws of Power.
\

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by scampy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
Resign.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Genius100: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:

I am an architect ...he blames me for every little mistakes in all designs, even the one he commits, he will always ask me why I wud print designs with mistake, adesigns that someone else worked on, anytime he tells me to print and he sees mistake, the blame my brother still comes to me..... I am always the bad person,...... When client complains, even without asking who worked on the design, he assumes I am responsible,.......

He finds every little opportunity to insult me..... He makes me feel the salary he is paying me isn't worth my productivity.....

Start working on a plan B immediately. While working on plan B, understand your boss's expectation and go above and beyond to meet them.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by sunnyeinstein(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
sonssyo:

wetin u study for school, if na microbiology pm me

bros are you looking for microbiologists? we plenty here oo. feel us in
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by 400billionman: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:
I have been enduring all manners of insult from my boss for over 2years now... But this time around, I don't think I can stand it any more

Just yesterday, he said to me *you are not adding any value to my firm* hummmmm I am seriously lost and confuse right now

I don't want to wait till he sacks me, I have no plan *b* and am thinking of dropping my resignation letter before he sacks me.

Please I need sincere advise on what to do,... If u have ever been there, what did u do?

Thanks........

Insult is nothing new.

Keep enjoying your salary until he sacks you.

Economy bad o.

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by menix(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
U no get plan B, u wan resign

When hunger hammer you, u go know say a vulture at hand is worth pass an eagle in the mountain..

Use this energy of urs to get another job Asap..

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
marsoden:

My sister, RESIGN. You don't need a plan B to resign, except you don't know your worth. If the blame is heaped on you, everytime, even when you're not wrong, it's not worth it then working there. Its just means that you're not being appreciated. Walk out one day, and see if your boss won't want you back. As an architect, there are a thousand and one jobs out there waiting for you.
and she/he keeps resigning everyday from firm A to firm Z, without actually tackling the problem. Speaking to the boss politely with the intent of upping her/his game is the best out of this.

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by dandollaz: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Things are hard now better exploit your options like going solo or starting biz that will sustain till u get another job.finally pray for God direction.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Clarkobernard: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Resign. If you wait until you are sacked it could affect your future job search. But when you resign it may not necessarily affect your future job search, as you could give any favourable for the resignation. Cheers.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by stephnie44(f): 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
ikubch:

Wait and allow him take the step. You too need to handle the job as if its your own. Business owners are going through a lot in terms of low volume of transaction.
allow him take his steps by gettin her sacked nd placing her name on every corner of the coy right?som boss sha
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by manie(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
ScofieldBello:
I salute your courage sir.
Only few Nigerians can do this!
*THE MOMENT YOU HAVE PLAN B, YOU ALREADY ARE A PESSIMIST*

Keep the courage up. It shall be well sooner than you ever thought.

Does that mean we still have employees who do not have Plan B, Plan C and even Plan D in Nigeria?
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by realomonile: 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:

Thanks........

hmmm madam have once be in your shoe last yr... Please dont drop your resignation letter now... Give ur boss some tym
let all d mess laylow... Dont give him notice.. Pretend to b a good staff...
So just inform ur boss that u hav a course u need to do.. Just to add more to ur degree...
That u will like to quit the job and after d program u promise to come back...
That is the scope oooo.....
U will never regrt dis..
Am talkin from xperience...

2 Likes

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:

Thanks........

There is no place that doesnt happen. At times it is a call to do better.

You must not quit, if you do, that shows how much u can handle pressure. If you cant handle your boss now, how can u handle stubborn customers even if you open your own firm? Hmmm
Okay, maybe you want yo go into a new work, what about your new boss, do u know how wicked he might be too?

Obviosly, you need to learn how to live with saddist bad people and what have you.

It will help u in life.
Dont leave your job, persevere. You will enjoy it later.

3 Likes

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by ikubch(m): 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
stephnie44:
allow him take his steps by gettin her sacked nd placing her name on every corner of the coy right?som boss sha
The fact is that you cannot afford to build a case on suspicion.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by ETHIX(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Op I hope your username does not have anything to do with your name. As it implies it means suffering is good. You need to detach your personality away from that name to avoid further unpleasant experience.

Thanks
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by manie(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:

I am an architect ...he blames me for every little mistakes in all designs, even the one he commits, he will always ask me why I wud print designs with mistake, adesigns that someone else worked on, anytime he tells me to print and he sees mistake, the blame my brother still comes to me..... I am always the bad person,...... When client complains, even without asking who worked on the design, he assumes I am responsible,.......

He finds every little opportunity to insult me..... He makes me feel the salary he is paying me isn't worth my productivity.....

If that is the case I will advice you to start working on a plan B. Building/Construction sector of the economy is very lucrative for Builders, Architects, Lawyers, Quantity surveyors, Civil engineers and even artisans etc who know their onions.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by marsoden: 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
franciskaine:
and she/he keeps resigning everyday from firm A to firm Z, without actually tackling the problem. Speaking to the boss politely with the intent of upping her/his game is the best out of this.

IYADARA:

Can you work under that circumstance where you are blamed for what you did and what you didn't do, even for faults that he the boss caused?
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Omadachi(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
You need to know where his coming from.What was the result of your last appresial?Which are the arear of your weakness he highlighted?
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
Genius100:

This is a terrible advice. OP needs to talk to his boss and understand his expectations ASAP

Didn't you understand her??

It is no longer a question of expectation!!

Even when the mistake is not from her, she will still be shouted upon!! And the mistake is accredited to her... What other expectation are you wanting to hear??

I have explained to her more in details, so do well to follow the thread and see where she explained her trauma in details!!
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by ogawisdom(m): 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Plan ur way out, hw much does he pay by d way
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Raalsalghul: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
MissSugar:
If u resign den u dnt wnt to go far in life...........simple

Can you please explain your comment?

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by FxDominion(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
dandollaz:
Things are hard now better exploit your options like going solo or starting biz that will sustain till u get another job.finally pray for God direction.

Asking for God's direction should be the next and not after. Forgive if I quoted you wrong. Happy Easter everyone in the house

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by manie(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
marsoden:

My sister, RESIGN. You don't need a plan B to resign, except you don't know your worth. If the blame is heaped on you, everytime, even when you're not wrong, it's not worth it then working there. Its just means that you're not being appreciated. Walk out one day, and see if your boss won't want you back. As an architect, there are a thousand and one jobs out there waiting for you.

She should plan her exit, I hope she has experience in project management. I am not an Architect, but I have more than 7 years experience building and supervising construction of residential houses, I can tell you that professionals in the construction and building sector are very few. The lady should try and get practical site experience, if she does not have any.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
Better to tell others that 'I resigned' than 'I'm sacked' which is embarrassing. Coz it's better to commit suicide than to die by hanging at the hand of your perceived enemy.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Adamsdelrio(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
sonssyo:

wetin u study for school, if na microbiology pm me
Oga, na microbiology me study... Make I pm u?
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by manie(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
ETHIX:
Op I hope your username does not have anything to do with your name. As it implies it means suffering is good. You need to detach your personality away from that name to avoid further unpleasant experience.

Thanks

Iyadara means Mothers are good.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Engineermbugame(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
IYADARA:

y can't u employe ur self.?
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by sonssyo(f): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

bros are you looking for microbiologists? we plenty here oo. feel us in

can u run a microbial test and culture? can u be a pioneer microbiologist in our lab, capable of recommending all d required equipment and handling it.if yes den pm me
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by olagamalin(m): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
In the absence of an alternative job that pays well.....I will humbly advise you to develop a thick skin to the unkind words. You know, some ladies stomaching constant sexual harassment from their boss will give anything to be in your position....Kindly stomach the nonsense and you will have a great story to tell.

The Whole World is rooting for you #Bless cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
marsoden:

Can you work under that circumstance where you are blamed for what you did and what you didn't do, even for faults that he the boss caused?
McGregor's theory X and Y in administration bcoms handy here. A manager who is of the X ideology sees the employee as lazy and ineffective, it's the ideal and calm response of the employee that can save the situation. Mind you, the narrator of this story did not in any way give exact problem faced in his/her place of work. We are only saying the ideal solution is making sure that such fault is not generated by the employee himself.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by femoladosu: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
I have been there before, my own boss was a lady, the way she talks to staff almost reduce them to rags no respect for anybody's opinion. She asked me to do something and later denied it. I was so disappointed and she knew it. She noticed the following day my attitude towards her and she advised me to resign if i could not cope again or she may have to relieve me of my duties. I resigned the following day with this huge relief. I felt like human being again. A month after I got another job and today I am free to walk in to see old friends because I resigned but not sacked. Just believe God is your source and not your boss.

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Revolva(m): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
U n ur oga na fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maritime Workers Threaten Strike Over Arrest Of 20 Dockworkers In Rivers / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.