Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? (21647 Views)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Timossa(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
MissSugar:
If u resign den u dnt wnt to go far in life...........simple

You don't talk like that Miss Sugar... resigning does not mean DEATH or END OF THE WORLD. INNER PEACE is better than insults and ridicule. For the poster, stay put and try to understand your boss, likewise set and a boundary and know it right.

Your boss only need you when there is a problem to be solved and tasks to be carried out. He gets on you madly, when you are not giving enough or dying hard to solve problems for him and his organizations. Thats why you were employed.

Don't ever leave your job without a Plan B, C, D etc and work hard on yourself than you do on the job. I wish you all the best my dear. Stay strong and never give up. Thanks.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Onyiclassic(f): 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
@ op I feel ur pain cos am going tru same right now.... Am d manager where I work yet my boss insult n even slapped me front of my colleagues one day...yes I wrote it right "slapped" for talking back at him...yet am still enduring..just today he threatened not to pay me dis month for buying fuel everyday which everyone knows d situation on fuel right now..am so pained though I plan resigning anytime soon
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Princewell2012:

I concour with you sir, you must be an Intelligent person.
Atleast i have been going trough your comments.

Mmmmm, you see, working as an architect, it is a job that needs a very good consetration, designing work is a very fragile one, any little mistake you makes, renders the whole work useless.

This man might be lossen a lots of money because of those error, and there is no way he will be happy with you.

She should crosschecked everything severally in other to avoid mistake before printing, in these way her boss will see another person in her.

Thank you so much.

Thanks Buddy!!

I appreciate
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Charly68: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
It is an act of cowardice to die before death comes. Stay on & you might end up being in the good book of the man
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by tomayira(f): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
Everyone should have a plan B, are u looking for a plan B or how to make passive income? Look no further, I have good news for you. Call or whatsapp me on 08037798195, you'll thank me very soon
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Tuinysparlindo(f): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2016
My dear, follow your heart. Same thing happen to me 2014 i ended up doing the job of the security and the cleaners and my boss wasn't still satisfied i was so frustrated. He will complain the cleaners were lazy and the securities were lazy because i was in charge of them. I went to him and ask him what he really wanted them to do because those guys were working really hard. They got angry and left the job and i ended up doing their jobs but he was still nagging, i was receiving query from the head office almost every week. And other staff kept complaining about him. I RESIGN now i have peace. Don't allow anyone make you feel useless and worthless. You are more than that.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Tuinysparlindo(f): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2016
My dear, follow your heart. Same thing happen to me 2014 i ended up doing the job of the security and the cleaners and my boss wasn't still satisfied i was so frustrated. He will complain the cleaners were lazy and the securities were lazy because i was in charge of them. I went to him and ask him what he really wanted them to do because those guys were working really hard. They got angry and left the job and i ended up doing their jobs but he was still nagging, i was receiving query from the head office almost every week. And other staff kept complaining about him. I RESIGN now i have peace. Don't allow anyone make you feel useless and worthless. You are more than that. kiss
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by aristosoft(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2016
1. Know your worth. What amount of influence or worth are you to the company.
2. Know your boss temperament. Does he really mean what he says or it's just out of frustration? Every boss (just like clients) have their own shortcomings.
3. If it's your company and a client treats you that way, will you let go of him/her?
4. Are the gains you get from the company more than the down side?
5. Nothing good comes without it's challenges. Most people who will tell you to resign might not have been in such situation before. Listen more to those who had similar experience.
6. Plan B or Not, you have your answer.
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Akious2k2(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
IYADARA:
I have been enduring all manners of insult from my boss for over 2years now... But this time around, I don't think I can stand it any more

Just yesterday, he said to me *you are not adding any value to my firm* hummmmm I am seriously lost and confuse right now

I don't want to wait till he sacks me, I have no plan *b* and am thinking of dropping my resignation letter before he sacks me.

Please I need sincere advise on what to do,... If u have ever been there, what did u do?

I will appreciate ur response

Thanks........
Hey, I've experienced similar things b/4... In fact, it is worse when u work with "1 man business".
My advice - Since u don't have a Plan B, u still need dat job & thus, u should stay put, but keep searching rigorously... Secondly, If he sacks u, make sure he pays u all ur entitlement, which u may not get if u resign... See below
Charly68:
It is an act of cowardice to die before death comes. Stay on & you might end up being in the good book of the man
Tuinysparlindo:
My dear, follow your heart. Same thing happen to me 2014 i ended up doing the job of the security and the cleaners and my boss wasn't still satisfied i was so frustrated. He will complain the cleaners were lazy and the securities were lazy because i was in charge of them. I went to him and ask him what he really wanted them to do because those guys were working really hard. They got angry and left the job and i ended up doing their jobs but he was still nagging, i was receiving query from the head office almost every week. And other staff kept complaining about him. I RESIGN now i have peace. Don't allow anyone make you feel useless and worthless. You are more than that. kiss
In my opinion, u shouldn't have yielded
Onyiclassic:
@ op I feel ur pain cos am going tru same right now.... Am d manager where I work yet my boss insult n even slapped me front of my colleagues one day...yes I wrote it right "slapped" for talking back at him...yet am still enduring..just today he threatened not to pay me dis month for buying fuel everyday which everyone knows d situation on fuel right now..am so pained though I plan resigning anytime soon
Are u serious? I guess he's d owner of d firm, but dat still doesn't mean he shld do dat sha
David4best:
I experienced something worse than this in Edo State Civil Service(ministry of transport) by a retired Military man named Major Oloye whom governor Adams Oshiomole illegally installed as a permanent secretary(a position met 4 level 15/16 & a master or ph.d holder in civil service), where I was working as a level 8 step 3 for 3yr in d civil service. Within two months d man was posted to our ministry, he forced us out of d office to be controlling traffic on d road from 8am-4pm daily. No shifting or resting. I was issued two queries & one warning in a week(one for putting hands in my pocked which was not true, second for leaving my duty post to urinate & eat, & warning 4 no reason). At times, d man will issue 12 or 8 people queries per day for no genuine reason. I escaped accident twice at ring road when I was controlling traffic. I applied to get d job as Higher Technical Officer, not traffic control. I am a Mechanical Engineer. I got d job as a graduate, but d man & his aids said they have no regard 4 graduates since many graduates in Nigeria are without job or receiving peanut(10 -15k per month). D man employed two agbero(motor park tauts) to head us in controlling traffic. I tendered my letter of resignation after receiving my salary 4 that month(November 2015) without plan B. I have rest of mind now.
Dis is not funny o
yungbeef:
see, all you guys saying endure is admirable. I endured for a long while until I realised enduring opens doors for more insults. It exposes you in ways that are demeaning and gives you a personality of a peasant. during the period of my enduring, I was made to come to work on sat and sometimes on sun. officially 6pm is the closing time, but I can never remember the time I closed lower than 9pm and I stay in ejigbo all the way from VI. I was abused like a child with no future and even started doing some things that were not related to my job description like picking up my MD food, paying her utilities bill...... all because of endurance and I want to keep my job. see, there is a red line... let them know once its passed you out of the door. if not, when they see how important you need this job and can't survive without it, you will be treated worse than a slave.
I don't need to also tell you how it affected my relationship with people and the psychological damage I encountered. still recuperating tho.
I really do feel ur pain... I 1ce passed thru similar thing, but not dis bad sha
mildflame:

NEVER YOU RESIGN n NEVER YOU LET HIM TALK U DOWN or PUT UNNECESSARY BLAME ON YOU.... Let him FIRE U for holding to ur DIGNITY
On point
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by IYADARA(f): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks everyone for the advice both sides are spot on
.....to the moderator that found this front page worthy,..... U are blessed....

1 Like

Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by SenatorJames(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2016
Try to discuss how you can improve your productivity with your boss, while you watch out for better opportunities
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by sonssyo: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2016
callmeJOY:

I'm a graduate of microbiology

have u worked in any food processing industry as a quality control officer,if yes drop ur number here
Re: Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 01, 2016
IYADARA:
do u have a life at all?
IDara Abadie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maritime Workers Threaten Strike Over Arrest Of 20 Dockworkers In Rivers / My Supervisor Uses Juju On Our Boss / Pall Bearers: How ‘Fearless’ Men Are Making Brisk Business From The Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.