Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt (23092 Views)

Russia Vs Egypt: World Cup 2018 (3 - 1) On 19th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yet again, Super Eagles bungled a golden opportunity to move to the top of the group due to lack of character when succeeding and loss of concentration.

Obviously, Eagles had more of the ball than the Pharaohs, but poor conversion and inability to read game led tro cheap loss of 2 points.

Anyway, let me do my thing as Super Eagles official player rater. cheesy

1, IKEME - Didn't see much of action in the first third as the Eagles took the game to the Pharaohs in the opening actions. He was tested a couple of time still, and did well. The goal wasn't his fault as any fool would have scored that one on one. 6/10

2, AMBROSE: - Predictable game: move the ball, cut, balloon the ball unproductively. His forays forward weren't helpful to the attack. His defence was even poorer. Yet he was the most lively of the back 4. Gave the ball away needlessly. 4.5/10

3, OBOABONA: - Not the Oboabona of 2013 that we thought was the futurer of SE defence. Not so assertive. Quiet most times. His confidence has waned seriously. 4/10

4, AWUZIE: - Also quite active at the backline and showed some confidence. Poor offside sense. Still needs to do more before he becomes convincing. 4/10

5, SHEHU ABDULLAHI - Did decently,but still has more work to do on his final ball. Showed some confidence. 5/10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
6, ETEBO - The number 4 man showed some class, but he still needs to play more with Mikel to show some sync. He was daring and his goal, though a tap-in, wasn't as easy as people may think. He used one leg to bock the on-rushing Egyptian defender and used the other to tap in. Decent game. 6/10

7, MIKEL - Played his traditional role of being the stabilizer. Showed good leadership. But he appeared to be at a loss with his fellow midfielders sometimes. His long supplies to the attackers weren't as productive, but his short balls were helpful in maintaining possession. 7/10

8, MUSA - An off day yet again for the CSKA man. His last good game for Nigeria was against Argentina. As someone that plays UCL every season, one would have expected more from this man especially in finesse. His final balls were poor. Yes, he had one or two shots at goals, but the highlight of his game was the ones he didn't play well. His crosses were far from what you expect from a number 7. Needs to be more consistent. 4/10

9, S. MOSES - No doubt a good dribbler, but needs to play to the gallery less. A decent game. 5/10

10, IHENACHO: - Used as supporting striker/attacking midfielder. Was largely quiet for the first half, but later came out blazing. His shot that hit the bar set the tone for our only goal. Didnt get much balls, but looked deadly the few times he had ball. Not a bad game, although we expected more. 6/10

12, IGHALO: The jury is still out on whether he will be a club-only player. There appears to be no sync between him and the midfielders, and even his fellow forwards. I think coaches need to derive a model for him at trainings to get more of him. He doesn't appear to be at striker that can play lonely upfront. Maybe Siasia should find an Ideye for his Emenike. Yet, he showed some flashes the very few times he had ball. 5/10

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
SUBS

12, UMAR - The number 12 added some bite to the attack when he came on board. He also did some decent two-on-one. He had a daring shot at goal. I think he justified his inclusion. 6/10

13, V. MOSES - Gave reasons why he should have started ahead of Musa. Added more bite to our attack with daring runs. Proved a handful to the Egyptian defenders. He should have hit the ball harder to score what would have been SE's second goal, but he couldnt ahve known teh defender would still have been able to clear the ball - or maybe he had run too much to hit the ball better. Whatever be the case, he had a decent game. 6.5/10

14, IWOBI - The youngster completed the allowable substitution number. He also showed some flashes for the few minutes he played and contributed to the trio of Moses and Umar running ring around the Egyptian defence in the final minutes in search of a second goal that never came. A decent show. 6/10

SIASIA: - Good line-up and good substitution, but he should have known better to tell his players to defend the only goal in the dying minutes. He appeared confident his boys were going away with victory. 6/10

Overall, I don't think this team is bad. They just need to play more and know when to jealously guard an advantage as Ghanaian players do (You hardly come from behind against Ghana. They will rather die on the field). This generational tendency for SE to lose concentration when it mattered most is still very much around.

lalasticlala - 10/10

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by lexyman(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ambrose doesn't deserve a 4.5 please ,change it to 2/10 , he made some funny runs and loses the ball to the pharaohs so easily . I don't see him as a good addition to the team . We need a better leg .

If they put up the same performance in the attack in the second leg we will have a win in Alexandria ....I know the Egyptian will come out to attack on their home soil ..it will give us room to hit them.

My man of the match goes to Mikel ....he silence the Egyptian in the midfield ....if not for miscommunication between other team mates , he would have setup d wingers in a very deadly and fruitful attack .

But that Iwobi pass looks jayjay-ish . He's the missing 10 we are looking for

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Kenzico(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
Poor defence but good attack with Pace

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Chanchit: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
When you are busy guarding your heart from being broken by girls, na so Super Eagles go bring hammer pieces your heart, if you no quick run ur head would be the next.

I hear say na that stvpid sallah we no knw where post dey against madrid sallah the ball enter our net.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Stevostical(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Okay
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by hensben(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
@op take am.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Icon4s(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jarus i totally disagree with ur rating for most of d starting 11.

Carl Ikeme deserves more than ur rating.I rate him 7/10
Ambrose did better than what u rated him. I give him 6/10.
Obaobona though was nt much involved bt he hardly did anything wrong. a 5/10 would have done for him.
Simon Moses was really d best player on d pitch today u gave him 5/10?. I rate him 7.5/10

16 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by jesse515: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
D super Eagles didn't secure 3 points, but any unbiase individual will knw dat d last tym we watched a Nigerian match s interesting as dis, was probably our match wit ivory coast in d afcon we won. I must comend our forward, dos guys played like super eagles.

Siasia is a very gud coach but he always loose his gaurd at d dying minutes, he really need to watch it cos my pple say na wen piss de finish nai e de stain cloth.

D defender dat fell down, caused d distraction, den our fans in d stadium were leaving wen d game was still on, dat alone is a garguantuan distraction to d players.

Pls if u ar goin to d stadium, remain dia till d end of d whistle, dont distract d psychology of d players.

Jarus I always look forward to ur rating.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Lero15(m): 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Our defenders should learn this onside and offside rule.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by lexyman(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Obaobona though was nt much involved bt he hardly did anything wrong. a 5/10 would have done for him.
Simon Moses was really d best player on d pitch today u gave him 5/10?. I rate him 7.5/10

It's was the dm that made the defense look as if they worked , the few number of times the Egyptian penetrated u saw the lapses of Ambrose , he's a very experience defender yet he played like one amateur , In modern football as a defender when u launch an attack your final touches must be excellent , not touches that will create havoc for the team .don't let us celebrate mediocre, he does 't deserve more than a 2/10 I think Jsrus was generous . We all saw this coming when injury struck 2 of the back line . Kudos to the guys in the attack for making our defense experienced little impact .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by olapluto(m): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jarus no watch the match. Musa rating lower than Iwobi?
Bros were you fasting today?

5 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
lexyman:

It's was the dm that made the defense look as if they worked , the few number of times the Egyptian penetrated u saw the lapses of Ambrose , he's a very experience defender yet he played like one amateur , I'm modern football as a defender when u launch an attack your final touches must be excellent , not touches that will create havoc for the team .don't let us celebrate mediocre, he does 't deserve more than a 2/10 I think Jsrus was generous . We all saw this coming when injury struck 2 of the back line . Kudos to the guys in the attack for making our defense experienced little impact .

I concur with you sir.

It was our DMF who covered up for the lapses of our defenders..

I will rate Ambrose 1/10

If really Oboabona feigned Injury,

Hmmmmm

I had earlier stated my fears about the defense before this game. If Siasia had his way, believe you me none of the back 4 will start in Alexandria Egypt next week Tuesday.

And please I don't want to see Etebo in that midfield. He was just On /Off like Nepa light. Just as report and eyewitness said about him..

Onazi should not make those his runs against Egypt in Alexandria. His finishing touch is also poor..

Iheanacho was lost in the game. I also observed that Ighalo is not been played to his strength.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by sandraokosun: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2016
odion ighalo deserves a 7. He works when he is feed with balls. But the dumb mildfied headed by a DEFENSIVE MIDFIEDER was good at stamping balls to him when he was marked by a 5man wall. Ighalo works with ball launched unto space and motion.

i would rather rate the commentator of the game a perfect 0/10, for his stupidity that was spice to a boring game

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by ChappyChase: 8:05am On Mar 26, 2016
Thank God I didn't watch the match!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2016
I won't be too hard on the Eagles, they played better than i expected. The team is yet to get cohesion and stability, but the potential is obvious. With a good foriegn coach, there is a future. Moses simon was particularly impressive, though a little too flashy
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Sunnycliff(m): 8:06am On Mar 26, 2016
All our Defence is 4/10 while Shehu is 4.5/10, I give Mikel Saw 7/10. Carl tried!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by omusiliyu(m): 8:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Even wit 3 Moses'
1. Moses Simon
2. Victor Moses
3. Ahmed Musa (Moses)

they cudn't conquer d Egyptians. A job that just 1 Moses performd b4" nawa oooo

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2016
I didn't watch them. No need
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by pharmworld: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by SPG4U(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2016
[size=15pt]OP let me know when you will be rating the super falcons

as for this super Eagles it's a no no [/size]
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by kenzysmith: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2016
Wetin done happen done happen who their rating done help abi he done give us 3point make I dey go work jare
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Akshow: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2016
Can modes pls ban this tosrlove. Enough this spam quotes
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Yes I agree totally with you. Simon Moses was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Seun360(m): 8:12am On Mar 26, 2016
They wont qualify, you heard it here first.

south south and south east 11. lets say how they will make it to Gabon.

quote me and make thunder and amadioha join force fire you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record / Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.