Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt (23112 Views)

Russia Vs Egypt: World Cup 2018 (3 - 1) On 19th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by tunapawizzy: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
I have a feeling if iwobi had more playing time a second goal would have bn a sure banker..those strange full backs? I smh for them. Ahmed musa? As usual One moment of brilliance and plenty moments of stupidityyy...he can never be consistently productive for 90 mins....going forward iwobi and iheanacho will make ighalo come alive if they start together

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by dokunbam(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
ChappyChase:
Thank God I didn't watch the match!

Same here
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by oluwasegun007(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2016
i've never enjoyed any eagles match as much as I did in a long time, although the matcb ended draw I enjoyed the match. ...

attack- 7/10

mid field- 5/10

defense- 4/10 (poor performance as usual)

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by optimusprime2(m): 8:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Icon4s:
Jarus i totally disagree with ur rating for most of d starting 11.

Carl Ikeme deserves more than ur rating.I rate him 7/10
Ambrose did better than what u rated him. I give him 6/10.
Obaobona though was nt much involved bt he hardly did anything wrong. a 5/10 would have done for him.
Simon Moses was really d best player on d pitch today u gave him 5/10?. I rate him 7.5/10
My brother just be grateful about the defensive midfield that covered up the defense, otherwise it's 0.5 you would have rated Ambrose... With all his experience, I find it hard to believe that he played like it was his 2nd professional match, it was clear to see the defense were not in form.
Bro please watch that match again, Jarus was even generous to give the defense 4 ratings.
In all, I think midfield and attacking players need to play more with themselves as they lacked play chemistry.
Musa clearly lacked form.
Simon Moses was good no doubt about that, but on an individual note. Football is about team work not individual performance, for that reason I'd rate him a 5, I fink he needs to play more with this team to develop a connection, once again Jarus rating was just fine for him.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by adrainuche(m): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2016
dicefrost:
I won't be too hard on the Eagles, they played better than i expected. The team is yet to get cohesion and stability, but the potential is obvious. With a good[b]foriegn coach[/b] there is a future. Moses simon was particularly impressive, though a little too flashy

You guyz are funny we dont need no damn foreign coach please !!!!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by zuchyblink(m): 8:20am On Mar 26, 2016
Odion Ighalo does not have the strenght to play African football but u will still see Nigerian fans praising him because of his EPL exploits not knowing that he was made by his striking partner Troy Deeney
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Ehiscotch(m): 8:21am On Mar 26, 2016
You can't fault Carl Ikeme for the goal; he was pretty much not tested in the game.
Ambrose was lacklustre in the defence: His surging runs forward were poor; he was always found wanting upfront; his long passes were pretty much wasteful. Oboabona was never in the game, he, alongside Ambrose were guilty of the same offence -including the goal. In summary, I really feel the ref was bias & if not for injuries to omeruo & Leon Balogun Siasia wouldn-t have started Ambrose & Oboabona.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by falcon2020(m): 8:22am On Mar 26, 2016
Lolz....3 moses indeed.Anyways looking forward to how the goalkeeper will slay us
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Ehiscotch(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Mikel hung on to the ball too long. Ihenacho was giving Ighalo much support up front, he seemed to have been lost in transit, as a no.10 you need to be a second striker when attacking as well as a playmaker, it is not easy for a "19-year old" but he has to try.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Ehiscotch(m): 8:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Iwobi must start in the return leg. Same for V. Moses & S. Moses. Umar was also impressive. Was it me or did every player on the pitch find it difficult to control the ball until the 2nd half.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by optimusprime2(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Mikel hung on to the ball too long. Ihenacho was giving Ighalo much support up front, he seemed to have been lost in transit, as a no.10 you need to be a second striker when attacking as well as a playmaker, it is not easy for a "19-year old" but he has to try.
But you know that's Mikel's normal game play, his job is to hold on to the ball so others reposition.
He has been wired to play that way (Blame Mourinho for that), that's like saying "Ronaldo always fancies shooting rather than passing once he's in front of goal" abeg make we manage the Mikel as im dey, apparently he had a good game - so I won't complain. ... Yet.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Anijay1212(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2016
omusiliyu:
Even wit 3 Moses'
1. Moses Simon
2. Victor Moses
3. Ahmed Musa (Moses)

they cudn't conquer d Egyptians. A job that just 1 Moses performd b4" nawa oooo
Me sef i tire for dem.
But i still get hope sha.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by nonjebose(m): 8:38am On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus tried. But I will rate Siasia lower. Right from onset it was clear to me and the match commentator that playing Mike and Oghenekaro was not a good idea. Both of them were attack minded, hardly covering up for the defence. In such cases where Ambrose went on his unproductive forays, a slow Oboabona was left exposed at the back. He should play one of them at a time and get a defensive midfielder to cover up for the back four
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by akatekpe(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Daninya11:

I concur with you sir.

It was our DMF who covered up for the lapses of our defenders..

I will rate Ambrose 1/10

If really Oboabona feigned Injury,

Hmmmmm

I had earlier stated my fears about the defense before this game. If Siasia had his way, believe you me none of the back 4 will start in Alexandria Egypt next week Tuesday.

And please I don't want to see Etebo in that midfield. He was just On /Off like Nepa light. Just as report and eyewitness said about him..

Onazi should not make those his runs against Egypt in Alexandria. His finishing touch is also poor..

Iheanacho was lost in the game. I also observed that Ighalo is not been played to his strength.
Onazi? Which match are you referring to bro? Abi I go somewhere when he enter the pitch?
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Reference(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2016
Siasia was the problem yesterday. Not sa.ying he is a bad coach but where do you draw the line between attack and defence when what you need most was 3 points in such a scenario. They say attack is the best form of defence and a second goal is added security but then that is when you have clear scoring potentials. The Siasia bench was a combination of untested players at that level. Why throw them in attack and expect them to extend the scoreline at the expense of the defence. It was a mistake. The Egyptians clearly needed the next goal, not us. Siasia should rather have consolidated the midfield. That will have supported both attack and defence. Moses' entry was unnecessary, Iwobi should have started to tie his nationality down, a midfielder should have been brought in to prevent more defensive forays forward and Siasia didn't need to batter the Egytians with a litter of goals to prove himself or the team. We know our team were fairly good but now they have blown it.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Rajosh(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2016
5/10? you didn't do justice to Moses Simon at all. your opinion though. iwobi played well but didn't play enough to get a 6/10 rating. my opinion though.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by akatekpe(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Iwobi must start in the return leg. Same for V. Moses & S. Moses. Umar was also impressive. Was it me or did every player on the pitch find it difficult to control the ball until the 2nd half.
Not only you bro, I was just wondering whether it was the pitch or the ball itself that was causing them that issue
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2016
Eagles can do the job in Alexandria but my major concern is our defence. Certainly,the pharaohs will launch incessant attacks against Eagles in the return leg and I don't think the defence line-up we paraded yesterday can survive such attacks. This must be quickly addressed.

Siasia should not play Ighalo as a lone striker; it won't work. He needs a creative player, who can unlock the Egyptian defence,behind him. I suggest Iwobi is deployed behind Ighalo while we start with the two Moses-4 4 2.

If we adopt this formation,Mikel and Onazi job role should be strictly defensive; they shouldn't make any risky adventure upfront. I believe with Simon Moses,Victor Moses and Iwobi upfront,we will definitely create many scoring chances and convert some.

Good luck Eagles!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by xtervaganza(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2016
lexyman:
Ambrose doesn't deserve a 4.5 please ,change it to 2/10 , he made some funny runs and loses the ball to the pharaohs so easily . I don't see him as a good addition to the team . We need a better leg .

If they put up the same performance in the attack in the second leg we will have a win in Alexandria ....I know the Egyptian will come out to attack on their home soil ..it will give us room to hit them.

My man of the match goes to Mikel ....he silence the Egyptian in the midfield ....if not for miscommunication between other team mates , he would have setup d wingers in a very deadly and fruitful attack .

But that Iwobi pass looks jayjay-ish . He's the missing 10 we are looking for
thus is why the players misbehave all the time

Iwobi who's still a rookie without 20 pro appearances to his name is being compared to Jay Jay by you?

Na wa ooo
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Rajosh(m): 9:04am On Mar 26, 2016
I think Iwobi should start ahead of Ihenacho. He has a better link up play. that's the kind of player that brings out the best in Ighalo. Ahmed musa should start from the bench. Victor Moses Should replace him. Moses Simon should retain his place. in defence, Kenneth Otigba should be invited next time. He's good. Efe Ambrose should be frozen out of the team. I still remember what Neymar did to him.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Rajosh(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:
Eagles can do the job in Alexandria but my major concern is our defence. Certainly,the pharaohs will launch incessant attacks against Eagles in the return leg and I don't think the defence line-up we paraded yesterday can survive such attacks. This must be quickly addressed.

Siasia should not play Ighalo as a lone striker; it won't work. He needs a creative player, who can unlock the Egyptian defence,behind him. I suggest Iwobi is deployed behind Ighalo while we start with the two Moses-4 4 2.

If we adopt this formation,Mikel and Onazi job role should be strictly defensive; they shouldn't make any risky adventure upfront. I believe with Simon Moses,Victor Moses and Iwobi upfront,we will definitely create many scoring chances and convert some.

Good luck Eagles!
your head dey there. 3 bottles for you.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Reference(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2016
Siasia should go FOR 3 POINTS in Egypt. Forget who plays, forget how they play, forget formation, forget scoreline. Just win. When your objective can be reduced to a single focus it becomes easier to attain.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Oghumu1(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2016
Musa deserve a 2/10 . let someone introduce foreign football to SIASIA so he can change this dry pattern of football Musa and co love playing. We don't have any tall striker, so why crossing the ball any slight opportunity?? Can't they hold possession of the ball like MIKEL?? And play a calm football then knock into their box create a goal opportunity then score. Greedy players, they just dy dribble anyhow, lack communication.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by caphone: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2016
Lalasticlala don't deceive us by deceiving yosef, you rate some players high that shouldn't got it. How many minute did V.moses played that got him 6.5, even this arsenal wonder kid play pass am buh yu gave him 6. Review yo rating pls
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by engrchykae(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:
6, ETEBO - The number 4 man showed some class, but he still needs to play more with Mikel to show some sync. He was daring and his goal, though a tap-in, wasn't as easy as people may think. He used one leg to bock the on-rushing Egyptian defender and used the other to tap in. Decent game. 6/10

7, MIKEL - Played his traditional role of being the stabilizer. Showed good leadership. But he appeared to be at a loss with his fellow midfielders sometimes. His long supplies to the attackers weren't as productive, but his short balls were helpful in maintaining possession. 7/10

8, MUSA - An off day yet again for the CSKA man. His last good game for Nigeria was against Argentina. As someone that plays UCL every season, one would have expected more from this man especially in finesse. His final balls were poor. Yes, he had one or two shots at goals, but the highlight of his game was the ones he didn't play well. His crosses were far from what you expect from a number 7. Needs to be more consistent. 4/10

9, S. MOSES - No doubt a good dribbler, but needs to play to the gallery less. A decent game. 5/10

10, IHENACHO: - Used as supporting striker/attacking midfielder. Was largely quiet for the first half, but later came out blazing. His shot that hit the bar set the tone for our only goal. Didnt get much balls, but looked deadly the few times he had ball. Not a bad game, although we expected more. 6/10

12, IGHALO: The jury is still out on whether he will be a club-only player. There appears to be no sync between him and the midfielders, and even his fellow forwards. I think coaches need to derive a model for him at trainings to get more of him. He doesn't appear to be at striker that can play lonely upfront. Maybe Siasia should find an Ideye for his Emenike. Yet, he showed some flashes the very few times he had ball. 5/10
you are good.
When u mentioned an ideye for an emenike, you know many dont know that emenike super eagle goals during the nations cup was due to his good partnership with ideye but foolish keshi dropped ideye during the world cup.
Same thing applied to fernando torres, Steven Gerard,kuyt,yossi benayoun were feeding him then and chelsea rushed and bought him to replicate his goals without his source.
I know the unsung heroes of these clubs but fans just care about the goal scorer

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by klax(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2016
I think they are did well at least they show seriousness on the pitch.

The coach just need to keep them that way. If they can up their game they may beat Egypt in Cairo for sure.

I wish them goodluck.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by saintmark88(m): 9:33am On Mar 26, 2016
I don't like that Moses Simon of a guy, I didn't watch d game but I watched him play in the ucl second round.. Gent vs wolfsburg, the guy was a shadow of him self, forming pace, dribbling n trickery Tht didn't work not even once, until he was sub bfre his club was able to score..... The guy is no good, u can't win a game with Moses Simon in ur attack.... Play iwobi n Moses on d flank, thts better, cos even musa does not have sense. I dnt tink he plays from d flank at cska. am nt so sure.....

Ighalo

Ideye

Iwobi. V. Moses

onazi mikel

Emerson. omeruo. Balogun. Shehu

Ikeme
My Nigerian eleven
This team is sure to hold their own against any team

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Emeka99(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2016
jesse515:
D super Eagles didn't secure 3 points, but any unbiase individual will knw dat d last tym we watched a Nigerian match s interesting as dis, was probably our match wit ivory coast in d afcon we won. I must comend our forward, dos guys played like super eagles.

Siasia is a very gud coach but he always loose his gaurd at d dying minutes, he really need to watch it cos my pple say na wen piss de finish nai e de stain cloth.

D defender dat fell down, caused d distraction, den our fans in d stadium were leaving wen d game was still on, dat alone is a garguantuan distraction to d players.

Pls if u ar goin to d stadium, remain dia till d end of d whistle, dont distract d psychology of d players.

Jarus I always look forward to ur rating.
I quiet agree with you on the fact that the fans left the stadium minutes to the end of the match,and that affected the psychology of the players. They no try at all.......
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Epatty(f): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2016
I disagree wit ds ratings... Dy all tried...
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by nonsoOK(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2016
Moses Simon was a delight to watch
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Classiqharry: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks for that observations, I thought I was alone on that. The constant hoffing and puffing of the ball into the sky by our players was painful to watch, the 2nd half was better though, but for the calibre of players in super eagles, it shouldn't be happening. I lost count of wasted opportunities due to constant balloon of ball to our attackers quote author=Oghumu1 post=44119904]Musa deserve a 2/10 . let someone introduce foreign football to SIASIA so he can change this dry pattern of football Musa and co love playing. We don't have any tall striker, so why crossing the ball any slight opportunity?? Can't they hold possession of the ball like MIKEL?? And play a calm football then knock into their box create a goal opportunity then score. Greedy players, they just dy dribble anyhow, lack communication.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 / Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS) / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.