Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! (47710 Views)

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You / What Hostel Life Has Taught Me / What Hostel Life Taught Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Obodah(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
This got me laughing more than some of the comedy show i sometimes attend. Nice one bro!
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Sharoncychiamy(f): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
hostel life is really a great teacher.. I fully experienced it from sec to uni.memorable life
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ksslib(m): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Godwin10:
Ksslib, you will make a fine writer.... Would get in touch with you soon.
Thanks. No Problem! When you're ready. cool
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ksslib(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
FxDominion:

I laughed until tears were rolling down my cheeks. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I really...really had a good laugh. Thanks for making my day. Happy Easter to all
You welcome. Happy Easter
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by labeloux(m): 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
hostel so interested for those who favour
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ksslib(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks ya'all for the love.

Ray360, I see you. Robinhez, I see you too.

Happy Easter to everyone. One love#

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 28, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
grin grin Hall 4 boys ever representing! who remembers this
"Who get bread? I get beans!" Naijaboiy, Sylvalord Oliviaarims Carlson001 Blueto et al. grin grin
It is impossible to forget!
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by kelvindim(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
Ray360:
hahahaha! who else wields that extraordinary creative skill to make you laugh your intestines out if not Ksslib? lol.
Guy, All you have said are absolutely true. in my Hostel, there is a guy we call "corporate beggar". This guy can dress like an office worker to class but can beg anything in the hostel. From Onions to Pepper, Garri, spoon, Tomatoes e.T.c. Hostel life is fun! It teaches you how to live and tolerate people from different background with different orientation and character. I love my roommates so much. In my room, you can never go hungry even if you have nothing. these nice guys will feed you! Life in the hostel teaches you to be strong and mould you towards independence. Well done, Ksslib. Mr Broad Thinker. Like I would always call you. I miss you.
Guy you seem like my roommate, are you by chance Emmanuel Raymond? cos the so called "corporate beggar" you talked about stays just opposite my room in hall4 unit 2, chai this guy can beeeg! He can beg back to back from knife to onions to spoon to toothpaste to soup to soap to bucket to G4 (garri: most valuable asset) to even body cream, his normal shaking na ”guy afa you cook?" Thing is, he never sees himself as the begging type instead he perceives himself as the ”is ask I ask" figure. In fact make them leave begging for the guy ooh.

Hostel is fun sha, chai them can move things for state! if you know what I mean by "move" wait until it's exam period don't just bother washing your clothes and spreading outside cos something most surely miss, here's to a victim whom they stole two of his denim(Jean trousers) he hung outside. There's this one guy in hall3 block b 200series, who was washing his clothes downstairs, after hanging he climbed upstairs to get pegs only for him to return to where he hung his dripping clothes and found none on the line he hung them on. You should guess where he saw them, block F! person don move him wet clothes go spread for another block. My guy just jejely pack him cloth go keep for room.

Hall4/hall3 na place wey be say person go spread handkerchief only to pack bedspread, I hail! Just pray rain doesn't fall on the day you finally decided to wash all your dirty clothes if not, wetin you go hear hostel boys dey yell when rain dey fall na "pack your own oh, pack your own oh!" na by then you go know say you don enter one chance!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by dblackninja: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2016
tongue
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by azeecoboy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
And may God hear ur prayers bro
Amen,and urs too bro
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Kylexy3000(m): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Veektoria:

Lol..as in ehh, it turns my green bucket brown after 2-3 days!
lol kpele at least you give enjoy wifi,light,water...e.t.c
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Kylexy3000(m): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Veektoria:

Lol..as in ehh, it turns my green bucket brown after 2-3 days!
lo
Kylexy3000:

lol kpele at least you guys enjoy wifi,light,water...e.t.c
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Veektoria(f): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kylexy3000:

lol kpele at least you give enjoy wifi,light,water...e.t.c
Yes.. Just those things tho cheesy and security

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Joshrob(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
queenfav:
see this my nigga o,sunshine hostel in irri abi?
Ya
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ray360: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
kelvindim:
Guy you seem like my roommate, are you by chance Emmanuel Raymond? cos the so called "corporate beggar" you talked about stays just opposite my room in hall4 unit 2, chai this guy can beeeg! He can beg back to back from knife to onions to spoon to toothpaste to soup to soap to bucket to G4 (garri: most valuable asset) to even body cream, his normal shaking na ”guy afa you cook?" Thing is, he never sees himself as the begging type instead he perceives himself as the ”is ask I ask" figure. In fact make them leave begging for the guy ooh.

Hostel is fun sha, chai them can move things for state! if you know what I mean by "move" wait until it's exam period don't just bother washing your clothes and spreading outside cos something most surely miss, here's to a victim whom they stole two of his denim(Jean trousers) he hung outside. There's this one guy in hall3 block b 200series, who was washing his clothes downstairs, after hanging he climbed upstairs to get pegs only for him to return to where he hung his dripping clothes and found none on the line he hung them on. You should guess where he saw them, block F! person don move him wet clothes go spread for another block. My guy just jejely pack him cloth go keep for room.

Hall4/hall3 na place wey be say person go spread handkerchief only to pack bedspread, I hail! Just pray rain doesn't fall on the day you finally decided to wash all your dirty clothes if not, wetin you go hear hostel boys dey yell when rain dey fall na "pack your own oh, pack your own oh!" na by then you go know say you don enter one chance!
Hahahahahahaha!!! see my guy o! Kelvin. I am so surprised. yes! I am who you described. Abeg, three gbosa for this roommate of life. How far na? All you said is nothing but the truth. I hope to see you soon back in the hood bro. I miss you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Yonddaime(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2016
Yomieluv:
in my hostel then.,you have to take your shoe to the bathroom,else someone will wear it to lectures before you come out of the bathroom.

using your trouser as pillow,else money fit miss for your pocket.
. you got dat right.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Yonddaime(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2016
hall 4 shaaa...
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Cestmoi1(f): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
@ksslib....lol,i just need to get your attention.Check your mail or pm.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by renegademinds(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Hi.
respondez?
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Godwin10(m): 9:08pm On May 18, 2016
Ksslib:

Thanks. No Problem! When you're ready. cool
Your digits man. Or anything to contact you with. Thanks.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ksslib(m): 10:32pm On May 18, 2016
Godwin10:

Your digits man. Or anything to contact you with. Thanks.
You could PM me.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Joshrob(m): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2016
queenfav:
see this my nigga o,sunshine hostel in irri abi?

Ya..most popular hostel then but sunshine is no more now.
No body is staying there again,it now a shadow of its self
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by queenfav(f): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Joshrob:

Ya..most popular hostel then but sunshine is no more now.
No body is staying there again,it now a shadow of its self
wow..that's sad o.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by barnacle: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2016
RobinHez:
Oya make una come... na here e dey happen! grin

Cc Barnacle, Fabzgrace, Venus007 (Nddc babe... cry) SwagkingDope, Yonddaime, Nolio, Imdharay / dharay99, Roastedcorn, Ebayray

And the boss himself Lalasticlala cool
fish
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Omuneizzy6(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2017
serious the hostel made me to a stingy smart guy, because when i think of (no money) and when you try cook water soup you go see difference na that time you hear i been dey pass i say make i enter greet u. Hahahhhaha but make i ask oo because i be undergraduate... This kind life go continue for camp (NYSC)?
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by prolifekits: 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hostel life has both disadvantages and advantages. Read
Hostel Life Experience, Advantages and disadvantages
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
Proxy001:
"Hide your porter hot plate is coming" this was usually a warning sound for all those cooking with hot plates to hide them because the potters are around.
u mean hotplate isn't allowed in the hostel?
Ksslib ray360 robinhez
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by RobinHez(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
u mean hotplate isn't allowed in the hostel?
Ksslib ray360 robinhez

officially not allowed, buh.... wink wink
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2017
RobinHez:

officially not allowed, buh.... wink wink
oga i no go fit survive without hot plate oh, were i go dey get cash to dey buy kerosene daily? Abeg u get any idea how i fit ship am in illegaly but codedly
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by RobinHez(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
oga i no go fit survive without hot plate oh, were i go dey get cash to dey buy kerosene daily? Abeg u get any idea how i fit ship am in illegaly but codedly

I no be pirate... cheesy

Buh nobody dey search ur bag when u dey hostel, so no be any big deal, na to just dey careful with your usage, cuz the collective use of the plate dey fit get adverse effect on the power source.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2017
RobinHez:

I no be pirate... cheesy

Buh nobody dey search ur bag when u dey hostel, so no be any big deal, na to just dey careful with your usage, cuz the collective use of the plate dey fit get adverse effect on the power source.
so if my hostel application is successful and i park into the hostel u mean the porters won't conduct any thorough search search of luggages? Wow goodnews i go carry my grandpapa Dane Gun put for my luggage if so
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Ksslib(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Calm down. Bail is free in theory, but not, in practical.

Hot plate is supposed to be illegal in theory but well, a different case in practical.

I know not of anybody in my tunnel(Hall 4) who used kerosene for one day throughout last semester, save for my deeper life roommate who doesn't want to offend the holy spirit with a much more cheaper, cleaner and energy efficient way of cooking.

Porters will do nothing. Some will attempt to seize it but na wash. Inshort, last semester was so free that people were using hotplates without locking their doors. It was like the management told the porters not to seize hotplates again but refused them telling us.

Na your small pocket money you want take waste on kerosene in this choking recession? The school perfectly understands this, so you have nothing to worry.

Even during the era when hotplate use was as grave as sinning against the holy spirit, na 100naira or 2h we take dey bail am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) / Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. / Post-ume For ABU Zaria Has Been Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.