Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why APC Lost In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Lost In Rivers (33532 Views)

"What Do You Think Is The Most Important Quality In A Leader And Why?" - APC / Retired Army Officers: We Served In States Where APC Lost To PDP, Vow To Fight S / Rotimi Amechi:the Only Reason Why Apc Lost Rivers Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by AceRoyal: 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
k
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by lordsharks(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Apc (change indeed)

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Nonsense. People would tell you 'we don't like amaechi'. Then you ask why? They tell you he is stubborn and he doesn't respect elders. Nobody would tell you he is not a performer, an achiever or a workaholic. You only hear crap like 'he doesn't respect elders' cursed generation! And o yes if chidi lloyd should be in jail then people like ateke tom, solomon ndigbara, Félix obuah, even wike should be hanged already.
tse tse fly stop following me , kya.U want to marry me ni, it's 14yrs o. pls tell me their own offence, I v mentioned Chidi's own and he was caught on camera. name Wike, Felix, Solomon and Ateke's offence which is an offence. olo ri' buruku, e' fi mi le' jo. ki ni? ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko gbodo beere iku to pa baba e'

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by vicedo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Guliver:
APC lost cos river's people are not interested n development, they nid d money 2 b share & embezzled. t only lazy peep DAT like PDP.death 2 PDP
You don't know what you are saying so just keep quiet

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by greatiyk4u(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:
APC will keep losing SS and SE states, whether they like it or not. I wonder why only 5% population is bothering them like this

Only when they refuse to mind the quality of candidates they front in the election in those areas.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by chrisxxx(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The question I ask Rivers people that I haven't been able to get an answer is this

U punish ur son ameachi (that's developed ur
state for 8 years) because Jonathan ur brother from another state ( that didn't nothing for ur state in 6 years)

Now who is the bigger bitrayer... Rivers people or ameachi

We are not interested in his fuss with Jonathan. We voted who was closer to us. Wike tend to be closer. We know his house. We see Amaechi as Abuja person. Remember Amaechi has no house in Rivers State.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Before re-run self, i don know say APC go lose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Pidggin(f): 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Only when they refuse to mind the quality of candidates they front in the election in those areas.

It seems you don't understand what is going on. Let me ask you a question, can PDP win Lagos? think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ernecy(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
citizenY:

Where is the bias? Read my post again. I said clearly that it was a rigging contest.
some peeps can read, but cant comprehend, while some hear without listen.

Hold ur peace and argue no further. . cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by greatiyk4u(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

It seems you don't understand what is going on. Let me ask you a question, can PDP win Lagos? think.

Yes, they can.............Fayose didn't win Ekiti because of party affiliation, it was based on admiration by his people.

Any good credible candidate can win anywhere in Nigeria these days.........

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by tottinova: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
zik4ever:
Hopes by the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, to clinch some seats in the just concluded state and national assemblies polls, has turned out catastrophic for the party.

So far, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, has been declared winner in eleven state constituencies namely; Port Harcourt Akuku Toru 1, Omuma, Degema, Ahoada East 1, Ahaoda East 2, Emohua, Akuku – Toru 2, Obio- Akpor 1, Obio-Akpor 2 and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni. The APC secured the Opobo constituency.

The election that had generated so much tension in the state was characterized by widespread violence, diversion of electoral materials and intimidation. Hence, the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to suspend polls in: Khana, Bonny, Gokana, Andoni, Tai, Eleme, Etche and Asari-Toru local government areas.

The rerun elections was necessitated by a Court of Appeal judgment which nullified the 22 House of Assembly, 12 House of Representatives and 3 senatorial seats won by the PDP in the March and April 2015 general election, following a petition by the APC challenging the results declared by INEC.

In the run-up to the elections, the APC was hoping that a good performance in some of the state and national assemblies constituencies could help it push its way through back to the corridors of power in Rivers State. But then, Governor Nyesom Wike, who was not a candidate in the polls, had fought hard to ensure that this does not happen because an APC in-road in the state legislature would have been a major setback to his firm grip on power.

But as the dust raised by the keenly contested combative elections settles, and the APC absorbs the results, it has to come to terms with the reality that the political dynamics in the state has changed.

Cognisance that the electorates most times would not evaluate a political party based on his party’s manifesto, but that they vote according to how they feel about a particular candidate, Governor Wike had consciously since the assumption of office in May 2015, attempted to address issues of infrastructural decay and delay in the payment of workers salaries which the past APC-led government in the state failed to tackled before it exited power.

While some of the APC candidates were indeed electable people, their party misread the sentiments on ground in the state. The APC also came late into campaign frenzy and appeared ill-prepared for the contest.

From the beginning to the end of their campaigns, the party was not really focused on issues of governance and on the candidates of the ruling party, but was busy castigating the state government. By failing to effectively campaign, the APC squandered the chance to seize power from the PDP.

Besides kicking off its campaigns late, APC hinged its confident to wrest political party from the ruling PDP solely on the Minister of Transportation and immediate past governor of the state, Chibuike Amaechi.

Considering the PDP’s popularity in Port Harcourt and Obio-Akpor councils, Governor Wike, awrae that the rural areas were likely going to be the real battleground in elections, spent considerable time since the polls were annulled to mobilise PDP supporters using the caretaker council chairmen.

The Supreme Court judgment, which validated Governor Wike’s victory in the 2015 governorship further, served as a morale booster for the PDP ahead of the re-run polls.

Prior to the polls, the PDP had attempted to taint the past administration as corrupt, hinging it on Amaechi administration’s inability to pay workers salaries and address the decaying infrastructural deficits before exiting office. Following vitriol verbal attacks between Wike and Amaechi, PDP had created the impression in the minds of the people that there was going to be massive deployment of security apparatus on the election day to pave way for INEC to subvert the will of people. The APC, however, did not adequately counter PDP’s propaganda.

A political analyst, Mr. Steve Woke, told The Guardian that the PDP had been successful at creating doubt in the hearts of its supporters and voters, causing them to feel that the election will be rigged, hence, the resistance seen in four Ogoni councils namely Eleme, Khana, Gokana and Tai where elections were suspended.

“Some of us had expected the APC to earn more seats, but the party misread the situation on ground. It had depended on Amaechi’s laudable performance in office during its governorship election campaign last year, and repeated the same during the just concluded rerun polls.

“A lot has changed in Rivers state. The PDP’s early start during the campaigning period gave it the necessary edge. If the APC had been more on the ground, they would have had a clearer picture of how voters actually felt about their last days in power.

The voting was merely sentimental than reasoning,” said Woke.

Another political observer, Mrs. Sandra Maduka, said the striking difference between PDP and APC supporters was that the PDP supporters have remained the feelers, the hands, and the feet of the party since the party’s attempt to wrest power from the Amaechi-led APC government since 2013.

“The PDP had governed Rivers uninterrupted between 1999 to 2013 when the then governor, Chibuike Amaechi, decamped to the APC. But then power returned to the PDP in 2015. The strength of party is in its numbers and this made it possible for the party to reach every constituent in the state to canvas for votes. I doubt if the APC possess the same numbers as the PDP who worked really hard to win voters back with their grassroots going around canvassing support” she said.

The rerun national and state Assemblies elections in Rivers State were characterized by violence, hijack of electoral materials and voters apathy.

Of note, is the scuffle that ensued on Saturday at the registration area center (RAC) in Abalama, Asari-Toru local government area, as APC and PDP members tried to undo each other in the bid to hijack the voting materials.

Amid the pandemonium, three white Toyota Hilux van conveying persons in police and army uniform stormed the place and opened fire on people. One person was allegedly killed and several persons injured. The gunshot, which lasted several minutes, forced people to, scampered into the nearby bush for safety.

Similarly, in Abonnema waterfront in Akuku Toru Local Government Area, argument broke out between APC and PDP members as election materials were about to be transported to riverine communities, particularly Kula. It was gathered that supporters of both parties had attempted to snatch the election materials. Amid the disagreement that ensued, some of the youths allegedly began shooting as well as detonated dynamite forcing people to flee the area while the materials were said to have been taken away by one of the parties.

The Assistant Inspector General of Police Zone 6 Calabar, Baba Bolanta, told journalists in Port Harcourt that the police arrested 24 suspects during the election comprising 22 males and two females. Bolanta said the suspects were currently in police custody and were undergoing interrogations on allegations of criminal and electoral offences.

He also stated that the massive deployment of police officers drastically assisted in leveraging the palpable fear associated with the re-run election, adding that pockets of security breaches were recorded.

Meanwhile, Governor Wike has declared that the rerun elections in the state have shown clearly who was on ground and which party was the accepted one by the people.

According to him, the rerun elections have proven that the control of INEC, Federal might, military, police and other security agencies do not translate to electoral victories, as the people will always resist agents of rigging.

The APC hopes now depended on the remaining constituencies in the eight local government areas where INEC has suspended polls.
http://guardian.ng/features/why-apc-lost-in-rivers/

The reason why APC lost in rivers state twice is because "THEY CAN NEVER WIN IN RIVERS STATE".
Even if there isn't any electoral violence, they won't win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Amaechi the guy who developed his state in education, health, security, infrastructure, Jobs, is the enemy while Jonathan who did nothing and wike who embezzled state funds as local government chairman are their heroes. This generation is the cursed generation. Even if a goat contested under the pdp, rivers people would vote that goat.
Are u in Rivers State?.

What do u knw abt Ameachi?. He built infrastructures and stole more dan what he spent on capital project, example of one: monorail.

Ameachi is the Biggest criminal Rivers State has ever produced.

APC never baff well where Rivers people dey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Pidggin(f): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Yes, they can.............Fayose didn't win Ekiti because of party affiliation, it was based on admiration by his people.

Any good credible candidate can win anywhere in Nigeria these days.........

It seems you don't understand Nigerian politics. FYI APC cannot win in core SS just like PDP cannot win in Lagos no matter the candidate they field as long as Tinubu lives. No point arguing on these two facts
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
This article is very disguisting and untrue .

APC lost because the people prefer PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ATERI(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
APC lost because APC and the federal government allowed the system to work.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by toshmann(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
APC cant win all 36states. They should stop bitching about losing one state in a PDP stronghold.

Or they wan another 1 party democracy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ridwanayo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
we don't want apshit again, can't bubu nd his party members get it, come 2019 we gonna kick y'll bitchezz outta aso rock :Dwe don't want apshit again, can't bubu nd his party members get it, come 2019 we gonna kick y'll bitchezz outta aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Alertz3(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Amaechi the guy who developed his state in education, health, security, infrastructure, Jobs, is the enemy while Jonathan who did nothing and wike who embezzled state funds as local government chairman are their heroes. This generation is the cursed generation. Even if a goat contested under the pdp, rivers people would vote that goat.

Yessoh! Saint Amaechi baa? He didn't embezzle money oh . But money embezzle am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Shocking! Rivers APC Candidate Storms INEC Office, Shouts ‘where Is My Money?

https://www.nairaland.com/3005883/shocking-rivers-apc-candidate-storms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ajebuter(f): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:
APC will keep losing SS and SE states, whether they like it or not. I wonder why only 5%
population is bothering them like this

Even as a born and bred yoruba Lagosian, I detest APC with passion.

How much more SS and ND

APC no go sell at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by airsaylongcon: 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Ignorance is a disease! It's always been! Come and take a a poll in rivers state. Who is the best governor in the history of rivers state? 50% would tell you Ada George, the other 50% would tell you Chibuike Amaechi. Stop bringing your IPOB and akpu sentiments here please.

It's now Chibuike Amaechi no more Rotimi? And isn't Chibuike an Igbo name

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by liongirl: 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
citizenY:
Elections in Rivers have always been rigged right from 1999 and everybody knows this. The international observers said so very clearly and the culprits have been the PDP and the stray elements that now find themselves in APC.

What really played out was a rigging contest by erstwhile colleagues with the same strategy in a situation where there was no time to develop new strategies.. This explains the vitriol . The strategy devised by Wike was to ensure enough terror , verbally and physically to keep voters away from the polling booths. This explains the low voter figures. Amechi could not do much as he had no "locus" like a sitting governor.

Any repeat of the process will only produce the same outcome and more casualties.. Rivers is under siege by these politicians.

u simply do not have anything to say
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Greataausim(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Before.......? Which party fit win river state, wen Wike is on throne.........? Even ameachi no fit cum near, if no b baba bubu who help him wit minister for transports.......

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by angelo5uk(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lol... Many of the people here saying APC list Rivers State because of Blah blah blah
.. Never even step foot on Rivers State talkless of bring aware of what's happening there.
They base their facts on what they read here on nairaland.

Truth is the country is really way more messed up compared to when GEJ was in power and people are more frustrated than ever.
If the presidential election was done again... I bet you Jonathan would win hands down... Let's not forget that Buhari won with a margin of about 2million votes.

SE and SS is a no go area for APC... In fact APC should forget those areas for PDP. If they're not careful... Other states would follow.

APC needs to focus more on good governance and forget about all these propaganda, empty promises and lies.
They have just three more years to step up their game..... Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by bejeria101(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
Op there is no why,even the devil wont vote apc!

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TGM2015: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

pls I v said it in many times that Amaechi pride and abusive nature is d bane of apc in Rivers. Moreover, can u tell me who were d apc candidates in the Rivers Rerun? Is it the people like Chidi Lyod the man who should've been in gaol in a saner climate? The man who ought to be facing charge of attempted murder? Did u watch how he almost killed Chindi? guy go for healing at SCOAN asap!
And how is Wike better?
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TGM2015: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Excuse me gentleman, my problem with Amaexhi has nothing to do with his beef with PEJ/GEJ. It has nothing to do with his defection to APC nor his support for Buhari. It is his fundamental right to align with anyone politically. Don't forget that I was once pro-APC/Buhari.

My problem with Amaechi stem from the fact that he allowed his success of his first term to override his brain. In his second term Amaechi stopped carrying out sensible projects but instead diverted Rivers money to fund APC, he embarked on elephant projects and brought to zero the same reserve that he initiated and got hailed in 2008. Amaechi owed pensioners and shut the judiciary for TWO years. The worse is he still wanted to impose a prefect, Dakuku on Rivers people.

Honestly, No governor has governed Rivers better than Amaechi(2007-2011) and we(Okrikans) will always credit him for his deeds in our land despite the water front issue.
How is Wike better?

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
TGM2015:

How is Wike better?
Wike is a product of protest vote
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by gudnex22(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The question I ask Rivers people that I haven't been able to get an answer is this

U punish ur son ameachi (that's developed ur
state for 8 years) because Jonathan ur brother from another state ( that didn't nothing for ur state in 6 years)

Now who is the bigger bitrayer... Rivers people or ameachi

so wike is not their son too? see painment

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TGM2015: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Wike is a product of protest vote
Ok, I know you know better than this, please enjoy your protest vote till 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IBB Speaks To THISDAY, Affirms Statement - Thisday / 1,000 Herd Of Cattle Invade Osun, Motorist, Shop Owners Flee On Seeing Herdsmen / Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.