Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263795 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibrahimazeez(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Thanks bro

U welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jtjohn(m): 11:21pm On May 20, 2019
etech:
Did you change your charger at any point in time?

quote author=jtjohn post=78544703]Greetings to u all...My PC i s having an issue, each time I'm using the computer and plug in my charger the system automatically goes off...

yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walex2bad(m): 1:37am On May 21, 2019
My HP 8460p shows plugged in but doesn't charge the battery at all. Also When I disconnect my charger from the ac supply, the indicator on the charger stays on. This started after I tried elongating the cord of my charger and mistakenly made wrong connections. I have tried all troubleshooting methods I found online to no avail. What could have happened. Thanks cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 4:37am On May 21, 2019
Check another charger that has the right voltage ratings for your laptop

Please discontinue the use of the former charger so that it will not cause more damage.

jtjohn:

yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jtjohn(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2019
etech:
Check another charger that has the right voltage ratings for your laptop

Please discontinue the use of the former charger so that it will not cause more damage.

thanks bro.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CharlesJok3r: 8:14am On May 21, 2019
How can I permanently remove "activate windows" watermark...
All the method I tried worked but the watermark always reappear 4-5 hours later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:24am On May 21, 2019
get a windows licence key.

CharlesJok3r:
How can I permanently remove "activate windows" watermark...
All the method I tried worked but the watermark always reappear 4-5 hours later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walex2bad(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2019
walex2bad:
My HP 8460p shows plugged in but doesn't charge the battery at all. Also When I disconnect my charger from the ac supply, the indicator on the charger stays on. This started after I tried elongating the cord of my charger and mistakenly made wrong connections. I have tried all troubleshooting methods I found online to no avail. What could have happened. Thanks cry

Please someone should reply, I want to know how to go about fixing it with a tech. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 3:44pm On May 21, 2019
First elongating a charger is not advisable and if you must do it make sure its done properly please go get another charger to see if your charging port and battery are still working as it should be.

If yes you lucky but if not you need to take your system to a technician for further troubleshooting.

walex2bad:

Please someone should reply, I want to know how to go about fixing it with a tech. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zico18(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2019
Hi... My HP pavilion dv6 doesn't display anything on the screen anymore. It didn't fall or anything & I'm quite sure it's not the PC screen. When I turn it on, the fan speeds & some lights on the pc shows & nothing else. I've tried several possible solutions I saw online like draining all the power in the pc & the likes but nothing seems to be working & I haven't made any headway. & I need to add this... The screen displays sometimes, after it has been abandoned for a long time... What could be the issue here guys... I'm thinking the ram... Pls help oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayox1(m): 12:32am On May 22, 2019
Somebody pls help, virtually all the letters
on my PC keyboard are not working.. What baffles me is everything worked fine yesterday when i was using it..only for me to switch it on now and realize the letters on the keyboard are not working.. Pls help i have office work to do on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yatahamal: 12:40am On May 22, 2019
Good morning room, I just bought a new HP 255 Laptop AMD Dual Core - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD with FREE DOS. Is there any possible way to install windows 10 on this laptop without paying licensing fee
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 5:00am On May 22, 2019
I have some few quesrions;

1. It boots to bios
2. The light that blinks where is it coming from keyboard or hard drive
3. Do you hear any funny noise from the hard drive
4. Have try to remove the RAM and insert again

zico18:
Hi... My HP pavilion dv6 doesn't display anything on the screen anymore. It didn't fall or anything & I'm quite sure it's not the PC screen. When I turn it on, the fan speeds & some lights on the pc shows & nothing else. I've tried several possible solutions I saw online like draining all the power in the pc & the likes but nothing seems to be working & I haven't made any headway. & I need to add this... The screen displays sometimes, after it has been abandoned for a long time... What could be the issue here guys... I'm thinking the ram... Pls help oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 5:04am On May 22, 2019
Keyboard just needs to be serviced if you can open and get to where the keyboard is fine but please if not just take it to a technician. But did water or something pour on it.

ayox1:
Somebody pls help, virtually all the letters
on my PC keyboard are not working.. What baffles me is everything worked fine yesterday when i was using it..only for me to switch it on now and realize the letters on the keyboard are not working.. Pls help i have office work to do on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2019
Yatahamal:
Good morning room, I just bought a new HP 255 Laptop AMD Dual Core - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD with FREE DOS. Is there any possible way to install windows 10 on this laptop without paying licensing fee

Hi.
If you are in Lagos, I can help with that for a token amount. (0908 2687 404)

Having said that, an alternative would be to access the Microsoft website using another PC.

On the Microsoft site, you'll need to download the ISO file of the prefered OS and burn to Flash drive using a tool like "WinToFlash".

Once done , remove the flash and insert the flash into your FREEDOS PC and install the windows.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2019
Good morning people, my sister closed my laptop while watching a movie without shutting it down and since then the backlight of the laptop stopped working. The screen still works although very dim but the contents of the screen could be made visible if a flashlight is pointed at the screen, please can anyone help with any possible fixes or if i'm to take it to an engineer, can anyone gimme a rough guess of how much its going to cost.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayox1(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2019
etech:
Keyboard just needs to be serviced if you can open and get to where the keyboard is fine but please if not just take it to a technician. But did water or something pour on it.

noting poured on it.. Am surprise to, something that worked perfectly okay yesterday, only to switch it on today and meant the keyboard misbehaving..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zico18(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2019
When the system is turned on, the screen displays nothing, absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't know if it boots to bios or not & I don't think it even bots at all,cos the processor light or so doesn't display, the only light visible on the pc are those on the keyboard & it doesn't make any funny sound or so, every thing seems perfectly normal. & I've tried removing & reinserting the ram several times, event changed the ram to the second port but still no joy.
etech:
I have some few quesrions;

1. It boots to bios
2. The light that blinks where is it coming from keyboard or hard drive
3. Do you hear any funny noise from the hard drive
4. Have try to remove the RAM and insert again

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2019
Ayomideen:
Good morning people, my sister closed my laptop while watching a movie without shutting it down and since then the backlight of the laptop stopped working. The screen still works although very dim but the contents of the screen could be made visible if a flashlight is pointed at the screen, please can anyone help with any possible fixes or if i'm to take it to an engineer, can anyone gimme a rough guess of how much its going to cost.
Thanks in advance.

First of all check your power management settings , if no solution then take it to a laptop engineer .
Just budget #5k upward.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2019
ayox1:
noting poured on it.. Am surprise to, something that worked perfectly okay yesterday, only to switch it on today and meant the keyboard misbehaving..

That's electronic for you naa. You need to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2019
zico18:

The fan speeds? Do you notice any increase in speed?

The screen displays some times?

In your recent reply you said the keyboard light comes up too.

Well suspecting a corrupt BIOS ( ME region)

But first check with another RAM if no solution,take a to a laptop engineer to flash display BIOS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zico18(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2019
Yes... It comes up & displays sometimes.... & I noticed a decrease in the fan's speed just few seconds after turning it on
udemzyudex:

The fan speeds? Do you notice any increase in speed?

The screen displays some times?

In your recent reply you said the keyboard light comes up too.

Well suspecting a corrupt BIOS ( ME region)

But first check with another RAM if no solution,take a to a laptop engineer to flash display BIOS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 10:28am On May 22, 2019
Ok no need to be worried then just take it to a technician the keyboard should be serviced.

ayox1:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 10:33am On May 22, 2019
Ok fine please take your system to a technician for check.

zico18:
When the system is turned on, the screen displays nothing, absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't know if it boots to bios or not & I don't think it even bots at all,cos the processor light or so doesn't display, the only light visible on the pc are those on the keyboard & it doesn't make any funny sound or so, every thing seems perfectly normal. & I've tried removing & reinserting the ram several times, event changed the ram to the second port but still no joy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayox1(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2019
etech:
Ok no need to be worried then just take it to a technician the keyboard should be serviced.

ok thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayox1(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2019
udemzyudex:

That's electronic for you naa. You need to replace it.
OK thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BrianRoss: 8:14pm On May 22, 2019
Please any good laptop engineer here in owerri?
I will like to fix my Dell laptop with short circuit on the motherboard.
A good engineer please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by serenityaliyu(m): 2:01am On May 23, 2019
please what's the solution to windows explorer popping up immediately after startup showing an empty
folder with an .exe extension something

User---appdata----roaming---eef6693937.exe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ak22(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2019
@ skydancer , etech, Good day every guru in the house.
Pls how can I convert my 11e Chrome Android to window 10 ?
Purposely for Graphics Design .
Pease your Advice is needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 11:22am On May 23, 2019
seems like some program/installation is trying to run immediately after that startup well first scan your machine for malware/virus and let me know the outcome.

serenityaliyu:
please what's the solution to windows explorer popping up immediately after startup showing an empty
folder with an .exe extension something

User---appdata----roaming---eef6693937.exe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by serenityaliyu(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2019
etech:
seems like some program/installation is trying to run immediately after that startup well first scan your machine for malware/virus and let me know the outcome.

okay bro will try that and get back to u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 2:09pm On May 23, 2019
First know that this is not officially supported, you will have to install a replacement bios for your chromebook( Basically its a UEFI firmware which is the modem replacement to the traditional bios)this will allow you boot and install windows.

However not all version of chromebook support this so its a 50-50 thing please share your version and spec then we can go from there.

ak22:
@ skydancer , etech, Good day every guru in the house.
Pls how can I convert my 11e Chrome Android to window 10 ?
Purposely for Graphics Design .
Pease your Advice is needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.