Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264001 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Julibet: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Good evening guys. Please my VGA and HDMI port isn't working. But the other USB ports are working fine. What could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Otenzy:

Do you know where I can get the original?
I live in Abuja

I'm in lagos unless you need a laptop technician contact that can help you get it over there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
Julibet:
Good evening guys. Please my VGA and HDMI port isn't working. But the other USB ports are working fine. What could be the problem?

Is that you can connect to external monitor or they are not working at all?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
Otenzy:

Replacement I think. I couldn't get the original anywhere. They were telling me to order from abroad or pay them 25k to order for me. How much come be the laptop?�

Lol.. Lenovo parts are always expensive especially the battery and keyboard, I remember buying a keyboard for #30k yes 30k, it was even sold for #35k I was lucky to get for #30k.

There's this small Lenovo laptop I use for my bios programming, the laptop is not up to #25k I bought it used for that purpose only but guess what? The battery is #16k and the keyboard is #15k grin how much is the laptop itself? cheesy grin

Lenovo parts are expensive and the replacement battery will not work, its selective same with some Sony laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Otenzy(m): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

Lol.. Lenovo parts are always expensive especially the battery and keyboard, I remember buying a keyboard for #30k yes 30k, it was even sold for #35k I was lucky to get for #30k.

There's this small Lenovo laptop I use for my bios programming, the laptop is not up to #25k I bought it used for that purpose only but guess what? The battery is #16k and the keyboard is #15k grin how much is the laptop itself? cheesy grin

Lenovo parts are expensive and the replacement battery will not work, its selective same with some Sony laptop.
Lol wow.
I think I'll need that technicians number. If the battery is more than what I can afford, I'll just sell the laptop.
Thank you very much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayrastarr(f): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Please, who knows the price for lenovo thinkpad P50 Laptop screen
15.6" 1080 Ips?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Julibet: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

Is that you can connect to external monitor or they are not working at all?

I have tried connecting to an external monitor using both ports, none worked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Julibet:

I have tried connecting to an external monitor using both ports, none worked.

Have you install the display adapter driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Julibet: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

Have you install the display adapter driver?
There are two drivers there, an AMD Radeon HD 6300M series and a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have updated the both of them and yet it's still not working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
Julibet:

There are two drivers there, an AMD Radeon HD 6300M series and a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have updated the both of them and yet it's still not working.

After updating, did you still get the Microsoft basic display driver there?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Julibet: 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

After updating, did you still get the Microsoft basic display driver there?
Yeah. It's still there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 4:06am On Jun 20, 2021
Otenzy:
Hello all.
My laptop has been giving me headache. It's a lenovo thinkpad edge E145. I have been searching for the battery for weeks now, all to no avail.
It's either I don't see it, or the ones I see show "Battery not compatible" when turned on.

I have tested 4 batteries now and they all show the same prompt. And the old battery is nowhere to be found (it was bad, I don't know how I misplaced it cos I abandoned the laptop a while)

Someone told me that the old battery could be recoiled...but I don't have the old one!

I'm just tired. The laptop has turned to a desktop
Pls help
I think that there's an underlying issues with the system board, (maybe during the period you left it abandoned for a long time) rather than the original battery issue. Replacement and third party batteries are normally supposed to work with it, you mentioned that you've already tried 4 different batteries, giving you the same warning prompt, the battery sized the battery compartment, that was why you were able to even insert it in the first place. Using a Non compatible chargers or chargers below the rated system can also cause this issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 4:09am On Jun 20, 2021
Adewale1603:
I think that there's an underlying issues with the system board, (maybe during the period you left it abandoned for a long time) rather than the original battery issue. Replacement and third party batteries are normally supposed to work with it, you mentioned that you've already tried 4 different batteries, giving you the same warning prompt, the battery sized the battery compartment, that was why you were able to even insert it in the first place. You will be surprised that Even seeing the former old battery will no longer work and recognize it again , Using a Non compatible chargers or chargers below the rated system and a bad charging port on the laptop can also cause this issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:29am On Jun 20, 2021
Julibet:

Yeah. It's still there.

It shouldn't be there after updating, if possible can i see a screenshot?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Adewale1603:
I think that there's an underlying issues with the system board, (maybe during the period you left it abandoned for a long time) rather than the original battery issue. Replacement and third party batteries are normally supposed to work with it, you mentioned that you've already tried 4 different batteries, giving you the same warning prompt, the battery sized the battery compartment, that was why you were able to even insert it in the first place. Using a Non compatible chargers or chargers below the rated system can also cause this issues

The charger is not the issue here, if it was a dell laptop I'd say it's true.

"Battery not compatible" this is the bios automatically telling you that what you inserted doesn't align with what was programmed for it to take.

Issues like this do occur in some HP models.
If you're conversant you will notice that most sellers in lagos computer Village to be precise don't sell replacement battery for lenovo and Sony laptops because of issues like this and their battery are always expensive.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Otenzy:

Lol wow.
I think I'll need that technicians number. If the battery is more than what I can afford, I'll just sell the laptop.
Thank you very much

08055651203 that's his number, he is in ABJ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Otenzy(m): 8:18am On Jun 20, 2021
udemzyudex:

08055651203 that's his number, he is in ABJ
Thanks boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Julibet: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
udemzyudex:

It shouldn't be there after updating, if possible can i see a screenshot?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shegz4god(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
I got a laptop from my sis which has windows vista on it and it was locked with a password,how do I unlock the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Julibet:

Uninstall the AMD driver and drive the Microsoft adapter driver again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Shegz4god:
I got a laptop from my sis which has windows vista on it and it was locked with a password,how do I unlock the system
Is it the windows that is lock or the bios?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shegz4god(m): 5:33am On Jun 21, 2021
udemzyudex:

Is it the windows that is lock or the bios?
The windows after booting it shows windows vista and the locked screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennybuluro(m): 6:14am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning fellow Nigerians, we’re here to attend to your PS4 needs! Buy a hacked Ps4 today from us today and enjoy loads of goodies!!!

Install games on your hacked Ps4 today for just #1000
Giving you the best value for your money is what we do for a living.

Ring/WhatsApp 08110193544
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2021
Shegz4god:

The windows after booting it shows windows vista and the locked screen.
ask for the password from your sis, nw or format the windows partition and install windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shegz4god(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adewale1603:
ask for the password from your sis, nw or format the windows partition and install windows 7
she forgot the password.ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Otenzy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good evening house.
My laptop screen brightness doesn't go up or . Whether I increase or reduce it to the lowest, it's just there.

I checked the display driver, it's microsoft basic display adapter.
I'm confused
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Shegz4god:
she forgot the password.ok
it is the hard disk that contains the windows vista that is passworded, not the bios, take it to the pc technician for installation of a new windows Os. that will clear any password
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Otenzy:
Good evening house.
My laptop screen brightness doesn't go up or . Whether I increase or reduce it to the lowest, it's just there.

I checked the display driver, it's microsoft basic display adapter.
I'm confused
did you recently perform a windows installation? you are yet to drive and install some necessary drivers on it, like the display or graphics driver, that is why you are seeing, the generic microsoft basic display adapter and the chipset driver. you need to install this two before display brightness controls. display adapter for your laptop model and its chipset
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidisiko(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pls am having difficulty to activate my windows 10pro can anyone help me with key or tell me how to activate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidisiko(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adewale1603:
it is the hard disk that contains the windows vista that is passworded, not the bios, take it to the pc technician for installation of a new windows Os. that will clear any password
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Otenzy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adewale1603:
did you recently perform a windows installation? you are yet to drive and install some necessary drivers on it, like the display or graphics driver, that is why you are seeing, the generic microsoft basic display adapter and the chipset driver. you need to install this two before display brightness controls. display adapter for your laptop model and its chipset
You're absolutely right. I just installed windows 10.
So where can I get the necessary drivers online? Any link?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.