Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271716 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:47am On Jun 22, 2021
Otenzy:

You're absolutely right. I just installed windows 10.
So where can I get the necessary drivers online? Any link?
based on your laptop manufacturer, either Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc for example if it's HP, go online to to the official HP website support, you will see a search box, input the serial number or service tag number of the laptop in the search box, it would search for and identify the particular laptop and it's warranty status, under it, click on the softwares, drivers and downloads section, to download the necessary drivers. You will see the list of all the drivers specific to your laptop. Or you can just Google search for the specific display driver and chipset for your laptop model and download it and install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xrisla(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2021
I am trying to project my laptop screen to each other but I realized I can't mark these fields to continue. Kindly please help if you can. I can't see both wireless as well. Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mudiana(m): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2021
UK Used Hp Omen 15, 7th Gen, 24gb ram, 128ssd & 1tb, core i7, 4gb dedicated graphics Nvidia geforce for sale. Price: 370k... call 08139561699

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mudiana(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2021
UK Used Lenovo j56 workstation. 32gb ram, 256ssd,6th gen, core i7, 4gb dedicated Nvidia quadro, 2 batteries (primary Nd secondary). price: 340k. call 08139561699

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eyostines(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2021
Good morning. My system displays incorrect login anytime I switch on till I remove battery and reinsert and restart before it logs me in. What might be the cause. Also I have been unable to install Microsoft office. HP elite book. How can I fix this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankafor(m): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
Any news about windows 11
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Otenzy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Adewale1603:
based on your laptop manufacturer, either Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc for example if it's HP, go online to to the official HP website support, you will see a search box, input the serial number or service tag number of the laptop in the search box, it would search for and identify the particular laptop and it's warranty status, under it, click on the softwares, drivers and downloads section, to download the necessary drivers. You will see the list of all the drivers specific to your laptop. Or you can just Google search for the specific display driver and chipset for your laptop model and download it and install.
Thanks mate. I found the driver and installed it. All is well now.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennybuluro(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
For people that has been calling and sending us messages making enquiry about hacking their PS4 console.

If your console is between 5.0-7.5 firmware have got good news for you. We can hack your console with no hassle.

For consoles with the latest firmware which is 8.0, for now we can't hack it, until Sony decides to release a new update.

Now why jailbreak your console, when your jailbreak your PS4 console, you don't only get to install games on it for #1000, you also unlock the beast in your console.

Giving you the best value for your money is what we do!!!

Ring/WhatsApp: 08110193544.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alhajiemeritus: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
What software can I use to play MP4 videos on a 2Gb ram 32bit Asus laptop?
VLC media player lags.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
What software can I use to play MP4 videos on a 2Gb ram 32bit Asus laptop?
VLC media player lags.
update that vlc media player 32bit to latest version, or use windows media player, pop player, archsoft total media suite players

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alhajiemeritus: 12:21am On Jun 23, 2021
Adewale1603:
update that vlc media player 32bit to latest version, or use windows media player, pop player, archsoft total media suite players
Thank you, let me try the other media players mentioned.
Because Updated VLC still lags and Window media player can never work.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alhajiemeritus: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:

Thank you, let me try the other media players mentioned.
Because Updated VLC still lags and Window media player can never work.
@Adewale63 and others, I actually meant MP4 and MKV Codecs, not MP4 alone.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:

@Adewale63 and others, I actually meant MP4 and MKV Codecs, not MP4 alone.
it also depends on the hardware capabilities of the particular laptop system, in terms of its graphics support, some laptop systems, usually low cost laptop or mini laptops can not help decode some kind of videos format in some different codecs, whatever the type of video player you use to play it, it would stutter, lags, some wont even display or play at all, because of its low graphics.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maikealj: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2021
Please i want to replace my hp640 G1 CMOS battery, any either of how much it will cost me and how do i go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Grqt: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
Goodday all. Whenever I turn on my hp 8460p, the fan turns loudly and the screen doesn't come on. This started recently. It came on this afternoon when I tried it, but immediately I plugged to a power source, it went off. What could be the problem, and how do I go about solving it? Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
maikealj:
Please i want to replace my hp640 G1 CMOS battery, any either of how much it will cost me and how do i go about it?

I'll suggest you see a laptop technician, unless if you want to take the risk of disassembling your laptop and doing the changes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
Grqt:
Goodday all. Whenever I turn on my hp 8460p, the fan turns loudly and the screen doesn't come on. This started recently. It came on this afternoon when I tried it, but immediately I plugged to a power source, it went off. What could be the problem, and how do I go about solving it? Thank you

First thing first, check the RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Grqt: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

First thing first, check the RAM.

It says 4gb. 3.9gb usable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Grqt:

It says 4gb. 3.9gb usable

It says? I thought you meant it is not displaying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankafor(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

It says? I thought you meant it is not displaying.
my caps lock shows light even after shutting down my pc.

I have tried different methods but all seems abortive

And my battery trips of after reaching like 30% with no low battery warning at all

I have also sett the low battery warning but all proves abortive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 11:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Otenzy:

You're absolutely right. I just installed windows 10.
So where can I get the necessary drivers online? Any link?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2021
maikealj:
snap the cmos picture here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankafor(m): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
My laptop shuts down at 40% and won't turn back on unless when plugged in,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shegz4god(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Adewale1603:
it is the hard disk that contains the windows vista that is passworded, not the bios, take it to the pc technician for installation of a new windows Os. that will clear any password
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
seankafor:
My laptop shuts down at 40% and won't turn back on unless when plugged in,

Check with another battery first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arejibadz(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Please help I tried loading a new os on my partition hd now it's like this

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2021
arejibadz:
Please help I tried loading a new os on my partition hd now it's like this

Boot able flash or CD?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arejibadz(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2021
udemzyudex:

Boot able flash or CD?
none it's on a hard drive partition trying to install Linux but it's not working so now I'm trying to get back to my windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Habiodunz(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2021
My laptop FPS drops by X2 when it's unplugged
tried all possible methods to no avail
any help??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:29am On Jun 25, 2021
Habiodunz:
My laptop FPS drops by X2 when it's unplugged
tried all possible methods to no avail
any help??
set the power management or battery settings to balanced or high-performance while on battery power. Disable power saving features on battery power, at the expense of having a lesser battery runtime backup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Habiodunz(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Adewale1603:
set the power management or battery settings to balanced or high-performance while on battery power. Disable power saving features on battery power, at the expense of having a lesser battery runtime backup

done that already lolz
seems like a GPU thing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:51am On Jun 25, 2021
Habiodunz:

done that already lolz
seems like a GPU thing
yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.