Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263531 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzzkhaliii(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
BATTERY BATTERY AND BATTERY Pls who can help me in getting this battery of ACER ASPIRE 1420p
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzzkhaliii(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
Battery Battery! Pls can you help me get this battery of ACER ASPIRE 1420P

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
LadySarah:
Hi guys, my laptop is over heating terribly and shutting itself down. How do i clean the fans cos it looks so dusty from the outside and I know from the way it angrily/noisily blows out very hot air.

Is this enough to change the fan or clean it and how much would a technician charge?
take it to the technician for full servicing, cleaning of fans, reapplying of therma paste on the processor. like 5k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chykekelly(m): 3:27am On Jul 11, 2021
My hp laptop still overheats after changing the battery and servicing it. This drains the battery drastically. I learnt it could be due to CPU overclocking and mine is at 2.6ghz.
Could this be the source of the problem and is there anyone who knows how to downclock CPUs?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzzkhaliii(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2021
itzzkhaliii:
Battery Battery! Pls can you help me get this battery of ACER ASPIRE 1420P

Need this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by narutod7th: 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hp 650 available.
4gb ram 320gb hdd
Core i3
Strong battery life
Location lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 12, 2021
My pc charging IC got damaged by electricity, is it reparable? and how much pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2021
My hp currently shows faded white screen with horizontal lines when I turned it on for use.

Sometimes, the white screen blinks and gives me normal display on start screen but turns white after I press ENTER to proceed to password page/interface.

The laptop didn't fall.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tenshades:
My hp currently shows faded white screen with horizontal lines when I turned it on for use.

Sometimes, the white screen blinks and gives me normal display on start screen but turns white after I press ENTER to proceed to password page/interface.

The laptop didn't fall.
the flex cable connector might be shaking or probably bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
the flex cable connector might be shaking or probably bad.

How much will it cost to change, please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tenshades:

How much will it cost to change, please?
like 3k to 4k. you can first try to test your laptop to an external display monitor or tv by hdmi cable or any means and see if it displays perfectly on the external screen.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
like 3k to 4k. you can first try to test your laptop to an external display monitor or tv by hdmi cable or any means and see if it displays perfectly on the external screen.
Thanks a lot, boss.

I'll work on that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tenshades:

Thanks a lot, boss.

I'll work on that.
if you connect the display to an external screen and it displays perfectly, it is the flex cable of your hp that you will change. if doesn't display perfectly, if it displays like on your laptop screen, it is your screen that is bad.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
if you connect the display to an external screen and it displays perfectly, it is the flex cable of your hp that you will change. if doesn't display perfectly, if it displays like on your laptop screen, it is your screen that is bad.
Noted

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sodiexkey(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
I need lenovo yoga 710 full head case with screen any wey get speak up urgently needed or whatsapo 08182852767

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temiyato(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
narutod7th:
Hp 650 available.
4gb ram 320gb hdd
Core i3
Strong battery life
Location lagos.

How clean ? And core i3 what ? Pix pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:

The screen is now back on track.

Here's what I did:

-I turned it on and left it with its white faded screen for over an hour.

-Then I closed the screen without switching off (hibernate)

- The screen came back to life without the white faded screen as I opened it after 30mins.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tenshades:

Here's what I did:

- The screen came back to life without the white faded screen as I opened it after 30mins.

is like the flex cable that is shaking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
is like the flex cable that is shaking.

Ok boss. I will get it changed ASAP.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tenshades:

Ok boss. I will get it changed ASAP.

Thanks a lot.
it might not be bad, they will only have to connect it well or fit it in properly back in place.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Holardimeji94(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
If you need hard drive
I have 500gb for sale
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tenshades(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
it might not be bad, they will only have to connect it well or fit it in properly back in place.

Noted
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
AdeOri99:
My pc charging IC got damaged by electricity, is it reparable? and how much pls?

How do you know it is the charging ic?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Tenshades:

The laptop didn't fall.

Replace the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
Adewale1603:

Connecting to an external monitor is not necessary in this case.

Since it is already displaying, it's either the flex or the screen that is bad but in his case, the screen is the culprit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
sodiexkey:
I need lenovo yoga 710 full head case with screen any wey get speak up urgently needed or whatsapo 08182852767

Na new one you go see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
Tenshades:

Here's what I did:

Lol.

I'll advise you don't lose guard though.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sodiexkey(m): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
udemzyudex:

Na new one you go see
how much?if u get abeg message me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2021
udemzyudex:

It was the battery that first stopped charging, it kept on displaying "plugged in, not charging", but i keep on using it that way until recently that i plug it into a generator powered electricity source, the generator was fully loaded but i didn't know, as the pc kept coming off after sometime, i thought it was the socket outlet, but when i changed it, it do not even complete booting before coming off, it did so multiple time in quick succession before i disconnect it.

When we had light later, i discovered that the charger is producing a very low current, so i got a new one.

When i plugged in the new charger, it took several minute before it finally power on, and when it did, it makes some clocking noise for sometime, and when i wish to adjust the laptop position, it went off (don't know if the charger got shaken).

Thereafter, it has refuse to power on, it went off midway before the indicator finally stopped displaying.

And it has been dead since then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
udemzyudex:

How do you know it is the charging ic?
Additionally, when it went dead completely, i plug in a 19 volt charger, (the DC is 15 volt), and when i plug in the original charger, the indicator come up again but went off after a few second, i tried this a couple of time until it stopped showing any indicator.

It is also important to note that before i change the charger, i plug in the 19v charger, and the indicator blinked orange a couple of time, before i disconnect it, it was after this that i got a new charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:06am On Jul 14, 2021
AdeOri99:

Additionally, when it went dead completely, i plug in a 19 volt charger, (the DC is 15 volt), and when i plug in the original charger, the indicator come up again but went off after a few second, i tried this a couple of time until it stopped showing any indicator.

It is also important to note that before i change the charger, i plug in the 19v charger, and the indicator blinked orange a couple of time, before i disconnect it, it was after this that i got a new charger.

You can't just tell if it's a charging ic unless you confirm the charging ic requirements for turning on a laptop is not met.

There are so many ic that are involve in turning on your laptop and each of them have a requirement that should be met, from VIn section, standby ic, charging ic, sio to ich/pch.

I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2021
udemzyudex:

You can't just tell if it's a charging ic unless you confirm the charging ic requirements for turning on a laptop is not met.

There are so many ic that are involve in turning on your laptop and each of them have a requirement that should be met, from VIn section, standby ic, charging ic, sio to ich/pch.

I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.
Thank you very much sir, i shall do that, hopefully, it is not as worse as envisaged.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.