Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277486 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ zimdrill,
thanks for your contributions but i know exactly what i'm saying about using win98se to format hard drives that would not be formatted using winxp, win7 and vista, simply due to bad sectors on the drive which cannot be restored by running fdisk, there are situations in which hard disk cannot be formatted even when you used original windows xp or higher ones regardless of whether the corrupted OS is the same with the one you are using to try reformatting. when this happens, win98se has proved invaluable in forcing the hard disk to be formatted, load win98se and then you can upgrade to any of the desired OS.

we use this backdoor method with any hard disk that has too many bad sector for other windows bootable cd to remove. win98se will remove those bad sectors and formatt the disk and allow you to load windows98se, thereafter, you can upgrade.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by savanaha: 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I loaned it to a friend for a few months. It was returned with an Internet Security 2010 virus. I can't get on the internet, use Microsoft words, listen to music etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
Equity7:

@ zimdrill,
thanks for your contributions but i know exactly what i'm saying about using win98se to format hard drives that would not be formatted using winxp, win7 and vista, simply due to bad sectors on the drive which cannot be restored by running fdisk, there are situations in which hard disk cannot be formatted even when you used original windows xp or higher ones regardless of whether the corrupted OS is the same with the one you are using to try reformatting. when this happens, win98se has proved invaluable in forcing the hard disk to be formatted, load win98se and then you can upgrade to any of the desired OS.

we use this backdoor method with any hard disk that has too many bad sector for other windows bootable cd to remove. win98se will remove those bad sectors and formatt the disk and allow you to load windows98se, thereafter, you can upgrade.

why bother go through all that just hook it up to an external caddy drive format the drive hook it back to the pc and install your OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 12:48am On Jan 19, 2011
okay, thanks for simplifying it, i just did that to the compaq now and it's now running on windows7, had initially used sata external connector to connect it to a second lappy and copy all the data then format. i removed it to it's own lappy , win xp still would not load on it so i tried windows7 and it worked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 3:30am On Jan 19, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

roughly i would say something wrong with charger find and try another same model charger by that we can tell if the problem with charger or pc

did the trick muchos gracias wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 6:07am On Jan 19, 2011
@zimdrill can u or any one help me on dis
i had a woking dv5 hp pav and a non pwering dv6 hp pav. Both of demm hav same OS (win7).
I wanted to retrieve som datas frm d dv6 so i removed its HDD and put it in woking dv5 so i can boot it & get som files since i hav no external jack.
Wen i switched it on it refused to boot further afta d HP screen. I removed it and put bak d HDD of the dv5 it also did refuse to boot afta d HP screen .
I hav done HDD test on both HDD and dey passed infact i hav checked both of dem on anoda laptop they did both very well both wen i return dem to d dv5, afta displayn hp it will just stay blank until wenever.hav tried formatin it on d dv5 it wont c d cd drive to boot from. Wen i run HDD and Ram test both wil pass wat shuld i do nxt.
Realy need to fix dis lappy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2011
emynem05:

@zimdrill can u or any one help me on dis
i had a woking dv5 hp pav and a non pwering dv6 hp pav. Both of demm hav same OS (win7).
I wanted to retrieve som datas frm d dv6 so i removed its HDD and put it in woking dv5 so i can boot it & get som files since i hav no external jack.
Wen i switched it on it refused to boot further afta d HP screen. I removed it and put bak d HDD of the dv5 it also did refuse to boot afta d HP screen .
I hav done HDD test on both HDD and dey passed infact i hav checked both of dem on anoda laptop they did both very well both wen i return dem to d dv5, afta displayn hp it will just stay blank until wenever.hav tried formatin it on d dv5 it wont c d cd drive to boot from. Wen i run HDD and Ram test both wil pass wat shuld i do nxt.
Realy need to fix dis lappy.

i think you crisss crossed the HDD

check the connecting pins if are all straight up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
Pls I am having a big problem with running mathlab software in my system.I am using windows 7, 32bits, AMD Athlon(tm) II P320
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
senatorbc:

Pls I am having a big problem with running mathlab software in my system.I am using windows 7, 32bits, AMD Athlon(tm) II P320

What problem are you getting? Do you know if you can run matlab on windows 7? Have you tried running it in different OS compatibility mode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2011
I installed VMware hoping it will run in side the XP there but failed.If you click on the mathlab icon it opens after initialising it6 disappears.

denzel2009:

What problem are you getting? Do you know if you can run matlab on windows 7? Have you tried running it in different OS compatibility mode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
senatorbc:

I installed VMware hoping it will run in side the XP there but failed.If you click on the mathlab icon it opens after initialising it6 disappears.

I have not used matlab before but it should run perfectly on VMware winXP. Try and uninstall and clear the matlab traces in registry with probably ccleaner. BTW, with windows 7 32bit,how many gb RAM did you allocate to VMware to run matlab?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2011
senatorbc:

senatorbc:

instead of installing VMware you should download xp mode from microsoft. It is microsoft's virtual machine for win7. It runs just liek vmware but better and it's free from microsoft. it will give you an xp interface to use. The only catch with the xp mode is that you must have win 7 professional if you have home it wont work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
hi i got anoda probs again ooooo, a gateway laptop was brought to me. the problem is tht the owner gave it to someone to help install an antivirus but the person fiddled wit her login password. pls can someone help me wit how i can either remove the password completely or change it to the owners desired choice

ps:i would also like to thx y'all 4 helpin mi in evry issue that i bring to the forum
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ zimdrill,

i'm working on a toshiba tectra A6 model motherboard, the problem was that it wouldn't power up so i changed some ICs(integrated circuits) that were affected; the board now boots but stopped and started asking for a bios password that wasn't configured, i have tried almost everything i know about re-setting bios password on other lappies but they didn't work. for instance, i removed the CMOS battery for 48hrs but it didn't work.

i made some research and discovered some chips on the board which is responsible for holding the BIOS 'history'/record,
my challenge now is how do i 'short' the chip to clear the BIOS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:47am On Jan 20, 2011
baani:

hi i got anoda probs again ooooo, a gateway laptop was brought to me. the problem is tht the owner gave it to someone to help install an antivirus but the person fiddled wit her login password. pls can someone help me wit how i can either remove the password completely or change it to the owners desired choice

ps:i would also like to thx y'all 4 helpin mi in evry issue that i bring to the forum

which OS is that

it always adviced to have 2 admin accounts i.e one which by default when you install windows, and the other one, you create yourself

the one you create would be your account and the windows one would for administrative purpose eg getting into cases like the one you have

y
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-7/forgot-lost-administrator-password-windows-7/

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/lpmarticle.asp?id=305
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 1:14am On Jan 20, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

which OS is that

it always adviced to have 2 admin accounts i.e one which by default when install windows, and other you will create yourself

the one you create would be your account and the windows one would for administrative purpose eg getting in cases like the one you have

y
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-7/forgot-lost-administrator-password-windows-7/

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/lpmarticle.asp?id=305

well you do have a point, its running windows 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:44am On Jan 20, 2011
Equity7:

@ zimdrill,

i'm working on a toshiba tectra A6 model motherboard, the problem was that it wouldn't power up so i changed some ICs(integrated circuits) that were affected; the board now boots but stopped and started asking for a bios password that wasn't configured, i have tried almost everything i know about re-setting bios password on other lappies but they didn't work. for instance, i removed the CMOS battery for 48hrs but it didn't work.

i made some research and discovered some chips on the board which is responsible for holding the BIOS 'history'/record,
my challenge now is how do i 'short' the chip to clear the BIOS?

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

videos pliz note the pc aint the same model with yours and also do not try if you aint sure or familar with motherboards

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1gg1EZV-o&feature=related[/flash]
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPdsF0HjkY&feature=related[/flash]
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434Mw4w8CjI&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

i think you crisss crossed the HDD

check the connecting pins if are all straight up
its does not have pin they are SATA HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2011
good work in here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ zimdrill, thanks for the great work, i appreciate.

i found out how to short the clear CMOS chip yesterday here http://www.laptop-repair.info/toshiba_bios_password.html, the lappy is running perfectly now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donline: 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2011
ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Inalu(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2011
When virus strike, how best can I take care of my pc without loosing my information?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
emmalexqs:

Hello can any body help me out my laptop is not charging and same time not on pls what can i do

my email konminikation@yahoo.co.uk

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237883.0.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ReLaTE(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
@zim
Pls i hv a serious problem wt my laptop that it couldnt start again bt d fan wl b on after starting d system just that d system screen wl stil remain blank.
It started when my system was displaying a blue screen and wld shut down,ths happened 4 several times and d cause of d blue screen was my modem whch normaly brings out d blue screen afta plugging it in. Hw cn i bring bk my screen to normal again. Thnks hoping to hear frm u nw because my first post was nt responded to.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tuazor: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2011
Pls my system is just too slow. What do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2011
tuazor:

Pls my system is just too slow. What do i do?
Whats your PC spec?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tuazor: 10:04am On Jan 21, 2011
Am using dell d600
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:10am On Jan 21, 2011
Free up disk space by removing programs and files you DON'T use
Use an application like TuneUp Utilities to run dianogstics
It could as well be a memory RAM thing. What's d size of your RAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2011
ReLaTE:

@zim
Pls i hv a serious problem wt my laptop that it couldnt start again bt d fan wl b on after starting d system just that d system screen wl stil remain blank.
It started when my system was displaying a blue screen and wld shut down,ths happened 4 several times and d cause of d blue screen was my modem whch normaly brings out d blue screen afta plugging it in. Hw cn i bring bk my screen to normal again. Thnks hoping to hear frm u nw because my first post was nt responded to.

which OS do you have on your pc and what make and model is it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2011
I hv to choose btween ths 2 laptops brought frm US bt dnt knw d one i wl buy since both hv d specification i mentioned to hm.
One is hp probook core 2 duo,4gb ram,320hdd and 2.3ghz windows 7.
The other is wt d sem configuration bt A Dell studio xps. I wnt to buy d one that wl be durable,efficient and multitasking . Am nt a game freak or into IT related field  bt jus for normal browsing and burning of CD'S and other stuffs. I wnt 2 upgrade frm my former 2gb ram, 120gb hdd laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ReLaTE(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

which OS do you have on your pc and what make and model is it
dell inspiron 1526 amd dual core,vista home premium wt hdd of 160 and 2gb of ram.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.